• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,962 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,962

Chapter 2: Canterlot High Introduction

Author's Note:

Just wanted to get this out there, thank you all so much for giving the story likes. I had no idea this would actually be any form of success with you guys, but I appreciate all of you for that.

So hopefully you all are enjoying the story, and I hope to make things more interesting as time goes on.

The three sisters drove all the way down to Canterlot High without any form of traffic issues or roadblocks in their way. The only form of issue were a few angry people that were driving like maniacs, but no form of road rage was going to stop the girls from going to school.

The girls found themselves the parking lot, and they pulled out their backpacks and other supplies. Once they got what they needed, they got themselves all the way to the front of the school. The first noticeable thing they could see was the equine statue that was mounted.

"Well that's a first." Aria stated.

"The website said the school was the home of the Canterlot Wondercolts. And I have a strong feeling there's a going to be plenty of horse related puns on the way." Adagio said.

"You think they have an actual pony for a mascot?" Sonata asked.

"I hope not. Horses smell, and they're not really good for pets." Aria complained.

"You're just mad because of how that one horse acted at when we went to the zoo." Sonata said with her arms crossed.

"That horse did that on purpose and you know it!" Aria griped.

"Girls... if we can focus, we can make memories that aren't so tragic here." Adagio intervened.

Everyone stopped arguing and they all walked up to the front of the school. No one was outside, but the three of them. And yet, they were all on time.

"Here we are girls. Canterlot High School." Adagio smiled.

"Oooh, I hope the people here are friendly." Sonata grinned.

"As long as they're not anyone from Cloudsdale, I think I'll be fine." Aria said.

"Lets try to have a little bit of optimism, okay?"

The three sisters walked through the front doors of the school, and once inside they got a glimpse. They were in the main foyer of the school, and already they were impressed. The floors for the most part were very clean, and there was a little bit of sunlight from the front window leering down in the middle of the foyer. On one of the walls, there was a display case that contained trophies and pictures, and hanging up from the ceiling and railings were banners of golden equine heads, along with hoof shaped letter C's.

"So... where do we go first?" Sonata asked.

"It'd probably be best if we checked in with the school's principal first."

The three of them walked over to the left side of the foyer, approaching the door that was marked, Principal's Office.

Adagio gave a brief knock on the door.

"Come in," A voice on the other side said.

The three girls entered inside, and upon entering, they were met with a warm friendly face of the school's principal. She had light blue skin, with a darker shade of blue highlights in her hair. Her blazer was of dark purple, and there was a small patch of a crescent moon visible.

"Good morning. I take it you three are the newest transfers?"

"Yes, we are. And you are?" Adagio asked.

"I am Principal Luna. Welcome to Canterlot High. Now if I remember your names, you were... Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk."

"Yes."

"Yep."

"How do you know us!?" Sonata gasped.

"Adagio filled all of your names in when she was signing the transfer papers." Principal Luna replied. "She said you all wanted to transfer here, away from Cloudsdale High. I hope you are not bothered by the school changes?"

"Actually, Principal Luna, a nice change of scenery is just what we needed." Adagio replied.

"That's excellent to hear." Principal Luna replied.

"Oh, before I forget, was there supposed to be someone providing a tour of the school for us?" Adagio asked.

"There is." Principal Luna tapped her finger on a button to speak into the PA system. "Would Miss Trixie Lulamoon please report to the main foyer? Trixie Lulamoon to the main foyer."

Luna's hand went off the mic.

"Trixie will be your tour guide, and she will help you three get settled into your first classes. She's our school's tour guide, essentially."

The trio nodded.

"Is there anything else we can help you with?"

"I don't think so, no. We should be alright. Thank you."

"You're very welcome. And if any of you should need me, my office is always open."

The three girls gave goodbyes, and they stepped outside of the office. Now all they would have to do is to keep her eye out for when their tour guide would show up.

But as the group waited, Aria turned her gaze to the left wing of the foyer. Down the hall, she saw a girl with cyan blue skin and rainbow colored hair leaning against a set of lockers who had been watching her since she stepped out. The girl seemed to look more along the lines of a goth or a punk just based on her looks alone.

Fishnet wrap were on her legs, a dark jacket with a few patches were visible, studded bracelets were on her wrists, dark running boots, and she had some studs on the sides of her ears. Her shirt had a cloud shooting a rainbow lighting bolt graphic, but the one other detail that seemed to leave confusion was the dark necklace around her neck, and a sneer so foul she could scare off an infant.

Aria glared back at her for a brief moment, but the teenager just gave her a smirk and she turned around and walked down the wing, not looking back.

"Aria? Are you even listening?" Adagio asked.

"Oh, sorry." Aria said, snapping to reality. "Sorry, I was distracted."

"I believe our tour guide is just down that hall." Adagio gestured to the front hall.

Aria raised a brow. "You know, with a name like Trixie Lulamoon... its gotta make you wonder who we're talking to."

"How so?" Sonata asked.

"Well... most of the girls I've met that have a name like Trixie are pretty snobby. Maybe this Trixie's just as snooty or egotistical. You think she constantly shouts 'The Great and Powerful Trixie' wherever she goes?" Aria asked with an over-dramatic arm wave.

"Aria, I think you're overthinking this." Adagio said. "I'm positive Trixie could be as sweet as a kitten."

"... What if she's got some weird obsession with food that we have to put up with?" Aria asked.

"What would she even be obsessed with?" Sonata asked.

"Sandwiches? Candy? Peanut-butter crackers, I don't know!" Aria's hands slapped her sides.

Sonata poked her head out, leaning over and looked at Aria with a quizzical look. "You seem tense. Have you thought about seeing a therapist?"

Aria rolled her eyes. "I don't need therapy, Sonata."

"Girls, can we please stop arguing for a few moments? Can we?" Adagio asked, sounding impatient. "Thank you."

Within moments, their tour guide appeared in the sunlight standing in front of them. She had blue skin, much like the girl Aria saw down the hallways. Her hair was more of a silky smooth white color, which was all tied to a ponytail in the back of her head. She had a pair of glasses on her face, and a friendly smile. A vest with buttons covered her purple shirt, over a skirt that had a graphic of a magic wand over a sparkling crescent moon over blue and purple boots.

"Good morning!" The girl smiled. "Are you three the new students I'm supposed to show around?"

Adagio nodded. "We are. And I take it you're Trixie?"

Trixie smiled. "That's me! Canterlot High's resident tour guide. May I ask what are your names?"

"My name's Adagio." Adagio said, introducing herself.

"Aria." Aria huffed.

"I'm Sonata!" Sonata grinned.

"We're sisters, in case you can't tell." Adagio replied.

"Oh, I didn't think I'd see another pair of sisters here!"

The trio raised brows.

"Another?"

"Well, there's this country girl who's in the same grade as you are, she's got a younger sister that's in the 8th grade." Trixie explained. "Although just between you and me..." Trixie looked around, making sure no one was watching her, and whispered. "Stay away from the older sibling... she's kinda bad news."

Adagio blinked and whispered. "Why?"

"I shouldn't say, or else they'll be after me..." Trixie's voice sounded concerned, and her face screamed worry. But her expression changed back to normal and she stopped whispering. "Anyways, please, follow me! I've got to show you to your classes."

The girls nodded, and so they followed right behind their tour guide. Unbeknownst to them, there was another girl watching them in the hallway. One with indigo hair and pale white skin. She had her eyes very close on them, along with a sinister grin.

She held up a phone to her ear and whispered.

"Sunset, I think you'll want to hear this. We have some new friends joining us here at school..."


Trixie guided the girls through the school hallways, pointing out each location as she was guiding them to their classrooms.

"Over there is the science lab. Computer lab is on your right..." Trixie said as they made another turn. "Any questions?"

"I do!" Sonata said raising a hand up.

Trixie chuckled. "You don't need to raise your hand up. What is it?"

"Um, well," Sonata looked at a sheet of paper that had her schedule listed. "I'm supposed to be in Communications and Technology class, did we pass it?"

"Actually we're almost there." Trixie said.

The girls walked past a few more lockers until they stopped right at another door.

"This is Communications and Technology."

Sonata smiled. "Thank you! Wish me luck girls."

"I'm sure you will be alright." Adagio nodded.

And so, Sonata opened the door and went to her class. Now it was just Aria and Adagio left to get to their classes.

"So, if we may continue, I'm sure we can get you both to your next classes." Trixie spoke.

"Actually, if we can, could we speed things up a bit? I need to hit Biology, so..."

"Just passed it actually." Trixie replied. "Just the door on your right if you go back."

"Okay, thanks. See you two later." Aria said.

"Try to be positive!" Adagio called out as Aria went for her class.

"So, where's your first class?" Trixie asked.

"My first class is..." Adagio unfolded her schedule. "History class."

"What a stroke of luck, that's where I'm off to actually. Follow me!" Trixie grinned.

Adagio smiled and she followed close behind Trixie. The two made it around another corner, off on their way to their first class.

Little did they even know that behind them was another girl who was watching them. One with a fiery hairdo, fishnet stockings, spiked bracelets, a skirt, a black jacket with even more spikes, high-heel shoes, and studs in her ears. She watched them interact, and she watched each one of them depart.

"Rarity was right. We've got some newbies here at school. Well then, I think warnings are in order just to show them who's in charge of this school..." the girl said to herself. "I am not going to let three sisters stand in the way of my goal. And no one is going to stop me..."

The girl lightly chuckled maniacally, and she briskly walked down the other end of the hallway, leaving the corridor she was standing in. She would have to get to class very soon.