• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,961 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,961

Chapter 1: First Day!

Author's Note:

I know Alternate Universe stories where the roles are reversed are overdone, but I wanted to give it a shot. I think it could be kind of interesting, and I really want to try it out.

Hope you guys enjoy!

5:55 AM, Monday.

The sun rose over the city of Canterlot. The month of September had already started, and for young adolescences, it meant the start of a new school year. Not everyone was excited to start school again, but others were a little excited. If it meant seeing old friends and acquaintances, then school would be right at home with them.

Canterlot City was big, not only homing several houses and smalls hops, but also huge skyscrapers. Some so big that was enough to look and see the entire town. And one of the biggest buildings in Canterlot was the Sweet Key Apartment complex. It had 10 floors, and four apartments on each floor. And all the way at the top, was just the penthouse with an outdoor balcony.

In one of the bedrooms, the sunlight shined through the window, casting a shadow of the window pane over the girl sleeping like a spider. Blankets were strewn all about in the bed, pillows had fallen off, and two socks were on the floor. This girl had many strange things in her room. A small TV mounted on a little table, that was straight across from the bed. A closet which had many articles of shirts and jackets hanging were wide open, exposing the clothes along with the pairs of shoes on the floor of the closet. A dresser with a few shut drawers, had sets of pictures on top of them, along with other strange items such as earrings, belt buckles, hair pins, and hair bands were all sitting on the dresser. A small desk which had a board for push pins had several pictures pinned on them, all scattered about.

And on the girl's nightstand was her alarm clock, fingerless gloves, a small necklace with a red ruby attached, and a singular picture. In the picture there was a photo of three girls together, who were making silly faces over in a carnival environment.

The alarm clock beeped, and an orange hand slapped the top of the clock, hitting the snooze button. A face that was buried in a pillow pulled up, and a pair of magenta colored eyes squinted and flinched at the morning light. She rubbed her eyes and a yawn escaped her mouth as she stretched her arms. Getting out of the bed, she put some slippers on and walked out of her bedroom.

After a quick stop to the bathroom, she walked back into her bedroom to get dressed. Several articles of clothing thrown later, she picked her clothing and stepped out of the bedroom with a beaming smile on her face. She was all dressed for the day and with the right clothing! If she wanted to make a first impression on her first day of school, she had to wear the right clothes!

She slipped purple heeled boots, lighter purple leggings with little triangles on them which were underneath a purple skirt with a musical note next to an orange diamond graphic all over, including a few dots. An orange band with a little ribbon kept the small dress tucked at the right proportion so it wouldn't be too poofy, and a light purple vest with the shoulder areas puffed up wrapped around her. Her hands wore light pink fingerless gloves, and a small orange headband kept the big orange hair out of her eyes.

"Adagio Dazzle, today's the day."

Adagio walked down the hallway, and made it to the other end where a small flight of stairs were over in a giant room. She and the two other roommates lived in the penthouse of the apartment complex, and they couldn't have been happier. They had enough money to afford the place, and no other resident was going to take it.

She sat on the edge of the railing, and she slid on down, landing on her feet as she reached the bottom of the stairs. Once she made it down, she was greeted with the smell of fresh pancakes and sizzling bacon. The smell of the food itself was enough to make her mouth water.

Around the corner, she did see someone making breakfast. A tone-blue skinned girl with her hair tied up in a ponytail, who wore a striped pink shirt, and a cute little blue tie hanging around her neck.

"Morning Adagio!" She called out with an adorable grin.

Adagio smiled. "Morning Sonata. So, you're the one cooking breakfast today?"

"Well, of course! You always cook breakfast, I thought it was my turn!" Sonata giggled. "Besides, I know how to cook!"

"If you say so." Adagio said, taking a seat at the counter on one of the chairs. "Is Aria not up yet?"

"No, and I was afraid if I used the airhorn on her, she'd try and kill me again." Sonata said.

"Sonata, you know she's just joking right? You're her sister, she's not going to do something like that."

"I know but, its never good when she's angry..." Sonata shuddered.

Adagio rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'll go wake up your sister, just save a pancake for me. Okay?"

"Okay!"

Adagio went back up the stairs and stood in front of the other bedroom door that was closed, which belonged to their sister, Aria Blaze.

Adagio knocked on the door.

"Aria, wake up."

"Nooooo...." Aria moaned.

"Aria, we have to be at school by 8:30 sharp, you can't avoid the first day."

"Adagio, I don't want to go! Everyone's just gonna be complete jerks like they were at Cloudsdale!"

Adagio rubbed her temples. "Aria, its not going to be like Cloudsdale. I checked the school website, Canterlot High school seems to have no similiarities to Cloudsdale."

"I don't care, nothing you say is gonna get me to go!"

Adagio scrunched her face and tapped her chin. How could she get her out of bed?

"You know... I heard that CHS has plenty of workout of equipment, including punching bags. And I know for a fact, they've got a soccer team. I bet they could use a player like you."

Adagio waited for a moment or two. But no sound came from her bedroom.

"Give me a few minutes, I just got to get dressed." Aria called out.

Adagio smirked. "Promise to be down in five minutes?"

Aria groaned on the other side. "Promise."


Adagio went back downstairs where Sonata was nearly done with breakfast. And Sonata was cheerfully singing along, as a song played on the radio, connected to her media player.

"Wake me up, before you go-go, don't leave hanging on like a yo-yo..." Sonata sang to herself. She flipped another pancake up in the air, and catching it right before it could make impact on the countertop. She set it down on a plate, and she passed the plate to Adagio who accepted it.

Eventually the two of them glanced to the side and watched as their sister, Aria Blaze came down the stairs. Aria had pink skin with her hair hanging on the back of her head in pigtails, and she had green streaks running through her violet hair. She wore a green coat that was buttoned up, over a white dress shirt whose collar was sticking out over the coat. A dark purple skirt with two big streams of white and green hovered over purple and white striped leggings, and her feet were covered by high-heeled boots.

"Morning Aria!" Sonata smiled.

Aria wanted to frown, but she couldn't find it in herself to frown to a cute face like Sonata's. She was always so happy, it was hard to stay mad.

"Morning Sonata." Aria gave a weak smile.

"You excited? Its our first day!"

Aria groaned. "Excited as a bag of rocks..."

"Aww, don't be so sad! We're gonna have fun! There might be some cute boys..." Sonata said in sing-song tone.

"Sonata, compared to all of the jerks back at Cloudsdale... I think not." Aria said. "The only reason I'm even coming is to maybe play some soccer."

"Aria, just try to let a little loose now and then, alright?" Adagio asked. "Its not going to be fun if you're grumpy all the time."

"I wouldn't be grumpy, if we weren't... you-know-what." Aria whispered.

Adagio rubbed her face. "Aria, please. Look, lets just try to make the best of this. We've been through bigger obstacles than this, I'm sure we can survive Canterlot High."

"If you say so..." Aria sighed.


Once the three sisters had their breakfast, they got all their things together and were ready to head out the door.

"So, you two ready to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Aria replied.

"Can we take our jewels?" Sonata asked.

Both Adagio and Aria froze. Sonata just blinked out of confusion.

"W-What'd I say?" Sonata asked.

"Sonata, we're trying to fit in, we're not trying to feed off anyone." Aria said.

"But you don't know! They could have some!" Sonata said.

"As much as I'd agree with Aria, it'd probably be safe to have them just in case. We may never know if we'll need them or not. Sonata, if you could--"

"Already got them!" Sonata grinned, raising up three necklaces with red rubies on each of them.

Aria blinked and stared in silence for a few moments.

"Lets just go..."

Sonata tucked them away in her book bag, and she walked with her sisters out their door. After locking the door, the three walked down the hall and to the elevator. The doors opened up, and the three sisters walked inside, standing side by side.

"Canterlot High... here we come." Adagio smirked.