• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,990 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,990

Chapter 20: Performance

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy it!

"I'll save you, Skipper!!!"

Amethyst jumped right off the boat and fell face first, her body stretched like a pizza as she fell on the sand. She slowly pulled her head up and attempted to wipe the sand off her face and looked up. She saw Octavia and Vinyl sprawled in the sand as well, and could hear them moaning from the impact of the crash.

"V-Vinyl? Are you alright luv?" Octavia asked.

Vinyl groaned as she pulled up. "I'm alright, for the most part. You?"

Octavia shuddered as she got up. "I think I got sand in my... everything."

Vinyl's eyes widened. "That was more information that I didn't need to know."

Octavia blushed. "Sorry..."

Bon Bon coughed up sand that got into her mouth, hacking it up violently.

"What..." she coughed again. "What was that!?"

"Those... those had to be the Dazzlings! They just had to be!" Amethyst panicked.

"But why did they throw us back here!? I thought they said to come here if we wanted to talk to us!" Lyra said, helping Bon Bon wipe off more sand off her body.

Trixie watched as everyone continuously panicked, not even knowing what to do or say. What could she do? How could she calm them down? And more on that, how could she get the Dazzlings out of the sea to talk? If they threw them back here, how could they talk? And why did they throw them back to begin with?

"You think they got mad because of my music?" Amethyst said, rubbing the back of her head.

"No, I'm sure they're mad because we still hurt them!" Octavia fell back and landed in the sand again. "Its going to take a miracle to get those girls to talk."

"Well its not going to do us any good if we just sit here and do nothing but panic. We need to do something that can attract them to us." Vinyl interjected.

"And just how can we do that?" Lyra asked. "Its not like we can just sing to them!"

A light bulb flickered in Trixie's head, and she snapped her fingers. Music. Singing. That was it! The one thing those... sirens, couldn't resist! But wait, that would mean they would have to sing to them. But they couldn't sing in the state they were in. Not after being so shaken up, and heck, none of them knew the words.

Trixie however did. But that would have to mean performing... in front of them. And she was scared of performing. But if she didn't, then they will never get the Dazzlings to talk to them.

Well, it looked like the choice was clear. Quickly running back to the SUV, she opened up the doors and dug into the back. She grabbed a cordless speaker and rushed out with it on the beach. Eventually she found a perfect spot to sing in front of, and she set the speaker down. Then another trip back, she found the microphone to connect it to the speaker. None of the girls even saw what she was doing.

As they kept wallowing around in their shaken up states, Trixie turned on the speaker, and connected the microphone. As it turned on, Trixie cleared her throat, and spoke into the microphone. "Adagio, Aria, Sonata. If you can hear me... I hope you understand how sorry we are, and how much we miss you. And because I miss you so much, I'm going to be performing this number. For you three. I... I hope you like it."

With a big deep breath... she let her heart out and sang.

Upon one summer's morning,
I carefully did stray
Down by the Walls of Wapping
Where I met a sailor gay

All of the girls on the beach immediately stopped talking when they heard that song. They knew that song anywhere, but wait. It wasn't the Dazzlings. Their heads all turned and looked at Trixie Lulamoon, facing the entire ocean in the sandy waters, with a microphone in hand.

Conversing with a young lass,
who seem’d to be in pain
Saying, “William, when you go I fear you’ll not return again.”

Under the water, Adagio's ears perked up, hearing the music from the surface. Was that... Trixie singing? She was singing? But she didn't want to perform! And she was now singing for all of them to hear!

My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
there is nothing can console me
but my Jolly Sailor Bold

His hair it did in ringlets
his heart as black as coal
May happiness attend him
Wherever he may go

Aria and Sonata slowly poked their sea-pony heads out of the water, slowly pulling up to gaze at the performance on the beach. They couldn't believe their eyes. Were their eyes deceiving them? Was Trixie, a nervous and scared little geek, singing loud for all of them to hear?

Behind Trixie, the rest of the girls all stifled a shriek as they saw their sea creature heads poke their heads out. With caution, all five of them took a step back, not wanting to be near when they would approach them.

Her father is a merchant
and the truth to you I’ll tell
and in great London City
in opulence doth dwell

His fortune doth exceed
£300,000 in gold
and he frowns upon his daughter
for she loves a sailor bold

Eventually, Aria, and Sonata dived back down into the water, meeting up with Adagio. All three of them shared a few grunts and growls, nodding with one another. All three of them turned their bodies towards the shore, and started swimming for the beach.

Come all you pretty fair maids
wherever you may be

All three of their heads pushed back up to the surface, several amounts of water splashing down below, hitting the sea again. Their purple pupils gazed down at the girls who all were shivering in fear, waiting for them to make any attack or motion. But they didn't. They were stiff frozen in their tracks.

Who love a jolly sailor bold
that ploughs the raging sea

Adagio Dazzle moved forward, and started to pull herself onto the beach. Her giant hooves slammed into the sand, and her head leered down at Trixie. Trixie didn't move a muscle, and kept on singing; offering her the most friendly and heart-felt smile she could give her. Adagio looked deep into Trixie's eyes, and she saw no fear. Trixie wasn't afraid, nor backing down from her. She could see genuine guilt in her eyes, accompanied by her majestic voice.

This girl was standing still in front of her, singing for her! Maybe, just maybe...

My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold...

Adagio's head slowly moved down, her snout very close from Trixie's touch. Trixie gazed into the sea creature's eyes, and saw nothing but reflected forgiveness and sorrow.

There is nothing can console me...

Trixie slowly moved her hand up with hesitation. She sensed a smile from the enormous siren, and she moved her face closer, allowing Trixie to pet her face. Trixie's hesitation lightened up, and she gave a warm smile.

But my Jolly... Sailor... Bold...

Trixie set the microphone down, and she moved closer to the giant creature. She attempted to hug her face, and she heard Adagio's very quiet noises. Adagio's eyes slowly closed, and she let out a small snarl. Not of anger, but of love.

Aria and Sonata's heads looked at each other, both pondering in thought. But eventually, their mouths crept with small grins. There was no denying how much love they could sense from Adagio. There was no more anger and hate to be seen.

A bright flash of light emitted from their bodies, blinding almost everyone. But as the girls looked back, instead they saw the same girls they knew and loved, walking barefoot on the beach towards them. Their faces were nothing but short of content and happiness.

Trixie let go of Adagio's snout and looked up at her big, beautiful, lustrous eyes. She patted her face again, eliciting a small sound that almost seemed like purring to her. Looking down, Trixie saw the red gem in the middle of Adagio's heart emit a bright glow of red, and a large humming sound.

Trixie braced herself for an incoming flash, and she heard the flash in a big boom sound. When she was sure the light was gone, she opened her eyes to see Adagio Dazzle standing in front of her; back as a biped. Her smile was probably the most adorable smile she had ever seen.

"So... can we start over?" Trixie asked.

Adagio slowly nodded, and she yanked the teenage geek to her, embracing her in a giant hug that caught her offguard. Trixie did nothing but hug her back, sighing in relief. She stroked Adagio's back, feeling her smooth yet wet skin. Pulling out of the hug, Trixie grinned back.

"Trixie, I am so proud of you," Adagio stroked her cheek. "You did that for us?"

Trixie nodded. Adagio's eyes could be seen, pushing out tears.

"I... I don't know what to say."

Trixie smiled back, and wiped the tears from her eyes. "Then don't say anything."

"Hey girls!"

The two looked back to see the others all gathered together with a few chairs and a grille already starting.

"How about you get over here and get yourself warmed up luv? We've got a towel for you."

Adagio nodded, and she looked back at Trixie, still holding the most adorable grin ever. Trixie held her hand, and she walked with her over to the group who were all gathered together and starting food.

"Here's a towel for you luv." Octavia said, tossing a towel to Adagio to cover herself.

"Thank you." Adagio said, wrapping herself in it, covering her bare body.

Once she took a seat, the others all gathered close together, all in their own beach chairs. Bon Bon just went away at the grille, grilling some burgers and hot dogs for everyone.

"Okay, so... now that we've calmed down, can we please talk about why you three have been hiding this information?" Vinyl asked.

Adagio looked to her sisters who were both in agreeing glances.

"I suppose we could. Though, I must warn you. What we're going to tell you is going to be quite... complicated.

Everyone leaned in, trying to hear what she was going to say.

"So... we're listening."