• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,965 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,965

Chapter 29: You'll Never Take Me Down

Author's Note:

This is a bit of a mess. I'm going to be honest, this feels like a giant mess. I tried to make sense with what I could, and I do have some explanation reserved for the next chapter. But for now, I hope you will be able to indulge in what is shown here.

And I hope you enjoy it! :twilightsmile:

"NO!!!!"

Trixie's cry of horror echoed all throughout. She watched as her dearest friend fall to the ground, collapsing from the sheer pressure of the pain. What seemed like a few minutes turned into seconds as she watched the battle. The Dazzlings' giant made the ground tremor and shake when it had fallen.

Trixie and the girls upon instant, all ran towards the fallen hybrid, completely ignoring Sunset Shimmer. Sunset didn't focus on them either. She was too busy looking back at the horrified students who witnessed the fight.

Trixie felt the side of Adagio's sea-pony head, trying to check for any pulse.

"Please, Adagio! You got to get up! You can't die!"

The girls were shaking and trembling. They couldn't be dead, could they? With no sounds, they could almost feel as if they were just... gone. But wait.

The red gem on their chest... it began to glow! It was humming with intensity, until a bright flash of light blinded their eyes. It only lasted for a second, and then it was gone. Looking back, they found the three Dazzlings had split apart from the combined monster, and were back in their normal biped forms. Well, normal to them.

Trixie leaned over to Adagio, holding her close. She noticed that the attacks that Sunset had done to them combined had carried onto the others. On the right side of Adagio's face, there were a few visible slash marks that looked as if a knife had drawn on her face.

"Come on, you can't be gone! Please, Adagio!"

Trixie leaned down, and put her ear to her chest. She could hear a soft beat from within, making her sigh in relief. Thank goodness, she wasn't dead.

"Trixie, I think we have bigger problems right now!" Octavia panicked.

Everyone gasped when they felt the ground shake. The sounds of an explosion hit their ears, and they could easily guess the source of the attack. Sunset Shimmer blew an entire gaping hole in the entrance of the school, and several of the students were fleeing in terror.

"What do we do!?" Vinyl panicked.

Trixie looked around. What could they do? The Dazzlings were down, and there was only the six of them left. How could they combat a beast like that? But wait.

They turned their heads back to the Dazzlings. All of them were slowly moaning in pain, but they were getting off the ground. Pulling themselves up slowly, they tried to walk to the girls. Sonata was limping, Aria held onto her right arm, and Adagio?

Adagio pulled herself up, and she held onto her right eye, covering it from the pain.

"Did... did we win?" Adagio moaned.

"Not yet, I'm afraid." Vinyl responded fast.

"We don't know what to do!" Lyra panicked.

"Can you girls still sing?"

"No, forget it. They can't face her in the condition they're in!" Bon Bon said.

Adagio's hand slowly moved away from her eye, but she kept it closed. She looked at them with a weak smile, and showed her red gem around her neck which was still in one piece.

"I may not be moving fast girls, but I can still sing."

"Me too." Aria replied.

"Lets finish this fight." Sonata nodded.

"But how?"

Trixie tapped her foot, trying to think of something, anything!

"Wait! I have an idea. It may not be enough, but its all we got!" Trixie said.

"What? What's the plan?"

Trixie looked at Vinyl.

"Vinyl, pull your car around, fast. You have any special features in it?"

"Yeah! I have a working sound stage built into that car."

"Then get it, fast!"


With fast movement, Vinyl pulled her car around and parked it near the Wondercolt statue. With a flick of a button, the entire car began to change its shape. Its wheels folded away, revealing sets of mega-watt speakers. Strobe lights began to dance, and several hooks and panels to connect the instruments unfolded.

"So, what's your big plan again, maestro?" Vinyl asked.

"We distract her long enough for everyone to escape. I know we're asking for suicide here, but we don't have anything else to use."

The girls all gasped.

"But, if we stay and play then--"

"--We'll die!" Lyra cried.

"I know its a lot to ask. And you don't have to say yes. But right now, I can't see any of our classmates fall into her hands." Trixie said, sounding bold. "I'm going to help save our friends... even if I have to die to stop her."

Trixie turned her head back to the ensuing chaos. She waited for her friends to start walking away, leaving. Was she going to have to face them all by herself?

A hand touched her shoulder. Trixie looked to her left, and was greeted by Adagio's smile.

"If you're going to face her, then I want to too."

Trixie smiled back. Behind her, she could see the other two sisters nearby. They were attempting to stand as best as they could, even in spite of their injuries.

"Girls. If this is our last fight together--"

They looked back at Octavia who was walking with them, holding her electric guitar.

"--Then I'd be happy to die with you."

"Me too." Vinyl said, holding her violin.

"Make it three." Bon Bon said, twirling her drumsticks.

"I want in!" Lyra said, clutching her flute.

"Mind if the retro-geek joins?" Amethyst grinned, holding her key-tar.

Without even realizing it, the Dazzlings' gems began to glow. Each one of them glowed brighter and brighter, and a mist began to hit the air. The girls looked down, and noticed the same purple mist as before, going right up into their gems.

"Wait, what the--?"

"Girls. I believe you've given us the fighting chance again." Adagio smirked, slowly opening up her other eye with as much as she could.

Octavia and Vinyl looked back at Trixie with shocked looks.

"You planned this all along, didn't you?"

"Actually... no." Trixie admitted.

"Well then girls, lets finish this fight!"

"Agreed. Oh and by the way..." Trixie let the magician's cloak drop to the floor, and a serious look graced her eyes and mouth. "I want to sing this time."

Adagio gave a sly smirk. "When did you get so bold all of the sudden?"

"More of a convenience, really." Aria rolled her eyes.

"Ahem. Lets do this later!"

Bon Bon's drums twirled in her hands. She began to hit the drums, beginning a beat. Everyone else's instruments began to play music, everyone adding their own piece to the song that was starting. With a determined face, Trixie held the microphone in her hand, and looked up at Sunset Shimmer who was staring down at the girls.

You're never gonna bring me down
You're never gonna break this part of me
My friends are here to bring me 'round
Not singing just for popularity

Adagio Dazzle, feeling a bit of her strength returning, stood next to Trixie, joining her in her song.

We're here to let you know
That we won't let it go

All of their voices combined together, creating an orchestral of music and singing.

Our music is a bomb and it's about to blow

Sunset's palms opened up again, and using all of her might, she fired two giant beams towards the girls. The girls braced themselves, waiting for when they would feel the pain of the blast. But... they never felt it. No pain, no bad feeling, no nothing.

Everyone looked around, looking in awe of the sight. A glowing bright aura of magic was covering the girls, protecting each of them from the blast. Not only that, Trixie, Amethyst, Lyra, Bon Bon, Vinyl, and Octavia were all glowing. Each one of them were glowing brightly.

"W-W-WHAT!?" Sunset yelled.

Trixie looked up at the magic shield. But noticed something else. The blue jewel that was in the crown on Sunset's head was glowing. More brightly in doing so.

And you can try to fight
But we have got the light of--

Everyone joined together.

Friendship on our side!
Got the music in our hearts
We're here to blow this thing apart
And together, we will never
Be afraid of the dark

A small beam burst down through the shield, and it hit Trixie's heart. She began to glow even brighter than before, and everyone's eyes ogled her as she began to transform. A set of blue pony ears sprouted from her head, a long lustrous ponytail extended down from her back, and a pair of blue wings sprouted.

The same beam began to bounce off the other five girls, all of them changing just like Trixie. Pairs of pony ears and long pony-tails hung from the back of their heads, almost touching the ground. The Dazzlings all shared proud grins of excitement and wonder.

Here to sing our song out loud
Get you dancing with the crowd

With more love filling the air, and more powering the gems around their necks, the Dazzlings began to change as well. All three of them grew a set of pony ears as well, with additional pony-tails, and the fin-wings on their backs as well.

As the music of our friendship
Survives, survives!

All of the girls in a midst of their singing, began to float. They all were hovering off the ground, standing in a superhero team like formation, all hands linked together and holding one another.

Got the music in our hearts
We're here to blow this thing apart
And together, we will never
Be afraid of the dark

Sunset had no idea what to do now. Her magic beams weren't doing any harm, but were instead helping them. What could she do now?

Here to sing our song out loud
Get you dancing with the crowd

Sunset was about to move, until she noticed the girls were getting brighter and brighter. Magical beams were humming from each one of their bodies, all in synchronous harmony.

"Oh no..."

As the music of our friendship
Survives, survives, survives!

All the beams fired at once, hitting Sunset Shimmer. She shrieked as loud as possible as she felt all of their combined magic striking her at the core. And as she was hit, the light from all of the magic just grew brighter and brighter, blinding everyone around. It was so bright it was impossible to make out what was even there now.

All of the staff and students covered their faces from the bright light, hearing the intense battle outside.

Just as the flash grew brighter, Sunset watched as the crown she wore on her head escaped her, and dropped to the ground with a clank. The demonic form began to wash away, and become absorbed the magic, melting away. Then as the screams grew louder, the light grew brighter. Until a small burst of sound echoed through the land, the screams began to die down. The light vanished into thin air, and the land went quiet. Everything was still. Absolutely still.