• Published 18th Oct 2017
  • 1,781 Views, 33 Comments

A Ponyville Ghost Train - Darth Redbeard



The saying goes that Legends never die.Turns out the saying is true for the small town of Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 33
 1,781

A New Beginning

“Hurry up, Spike!” Sweetie Belle shouted. “We’ll be late!”

“I’m coming!” Spike shouted back, making sure he had everything ready. He ran into the main room of the castle as Twilight was meeting him.

“You make sure that you two stay safe,” Twilight said, watching Spike head for the castle door.

“I will, Mom,” Spike replied. He opened the door to see his filly-friend waiting for him. Spike walked outside, closing the door behind him. Sweetie Belle used this opportunity to hug Spike and plant a kiss on his cheek.

“Glad to see you made it,” she teased. “I was just about to leave you behind.”

Spike just laughed and grabbed her hand as they made their way to the new station. Luna knew that Crimson’s engine would be sold for scrap if he retired. She also knew that he loved driving that train, but was out of work thanks to the newer models.

What her and Crimson agreed to, gave Crimson new hope and a new attraction to Ponyville, making it a popular tourist attraction. Mayor Mare signed the paperwork a few days after the discussion and with Steamers help, the new Ponyville Scenic Railroad was built.

Some of the Canterlot Nobles opposed the idea, but with Luna’s backing and funding, as well as all of Ponyville agreeing, the old Ponyville line was rebuilt and operational within a few days after the next Running of the Leaves. Crimson served as the main engineer and Hope as the engines’ firepony.

Hope and Light were able to find themselves a new home and got back into their old lives. Light began working at the castle by helping with some of the cleaning, much to the relief of Spike who was happy for the help. Twilight also began to teach Light about everything that had happened the past few decades, allowing her to tell Hope. Crimson learned from Luna when she was talking over all aspects of the deal.

Crimson bought himself a modest wooden home near the Everfree. Despite being welcomed into the community again, he still prefered a life of peace and quiet. He received a lot of visits from Granny Smith and Grand Pear. Crimson knew them from when he was delivering their goods to Canterlot. When they asked him as a joke how he was able to stay young, Crimson laughed and responded.

“The dead have a good health insurance plan.” Now Crimson could laugh at the fact that he was dead and could now get back on with his life.

Crimson and Hope were even brought in as guests to the School of Friendship. Many wanted to see the ponies that were brought back from the dead and now, they could listen to their stories and maybe learn about new ideas of friendship. Even Gallus was excited to hear about their times when they were young.

What came as a shock was that Crimson and Hope were soon asked to teach some basic classes at the School. Crimson would be teaching history while Hope taught Physical Education. Rainbow Dash coached Hope for the first few lessons before letting him go on his own. For Hope, he was just glad to have a job. Crimson took his position and used his knowledge in the guard to give what details he could and even dress up into character many times. The main problem he had was when the others heard, they tricked him into teaching a lesson about some of the old tales such as the war against Sombra from Celestia’s point of view.

Crimson vowed to get revenge on them to this day and is still plotting his revenge.

Spike and Sweetie Belle made it to the station just as 104 was pulling in, Crimson at the throttle. When the engine pulled to a stop, Spike and Sweetie Belle got into the tender as Apple Bloom and Scootaloo joined them. Hope got into the cab, a bright smile on his face.

“So,” Crimson began. “What did the doctor say?”

“Light’s Pregnant,” Hope replied. “I’m going to be a dad again!”

“Congrats!” the teens exclaimed. Hope went over to them and hugged them just as the conductor came over.

“Is this all for this trip?” he asked. These four were given the special trip today as the train would be going all the way to Canterlot and back. Everyone nodded and the conductor put his hand next to his snout.

“ALL ABOARD!” he yelled. Crimson blew the whistle and started the train. Pretty soon, the engine was heading for Canterlot.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were talking about what they were going to do in Canterlot today while Sweetie Belle just leaned against Spike, relying on Spike to keep her warm as the autumn weather blew by.

Spike then looked back at his dream when he first saw the ghost. Now, he knew that his dream was a prediction. One that he was glad that came true. For now though, he chose not to dwell on the past and look forward to the future. With Sweetie Belle by his side, he knew that everything would be OK. He began to nod off with her as the train travelled into the horizon, ready for whatever life would throw at him.

Comments ( 2 )

great ending. now what you have plan on next story?

10759027
thank you just wanted to know the look so that i would not get confused

Login or register to comment