• Published 8th Jun 2017
  • 1,826 Views, 61 Comments

Alicorn of balance: the second life - unknowncape7377



2017 A year that will be better than the last... Or so I thought when suddenly as the clock ticked down I saw a shooting star and made a wish... I never expected it to come true

  • ...
26
 61
 1,826

Chapter 3- The final chapter

Trust is a confusing thing. It seems so simple, but it can be so elusive when you try to pin it down.

-Ze Frank

Last time on Alicorn of balance

*first scene* "The dream realm remained calm last night," "And yet you seem exhausted." *Next scene*"What was that?" I ask as I turn around to find... My Computer? Yes, my computer is somehow here. Remember, you have more power than you realize. "Who said that?" *Next scene* "You will get a party, and you will like it!"

After another peaceful night's sleep, my vision is covered by a fluffy pink wall. I find that Pinkie Pie is sleeping in the library for some reason. I promptly run to the kitchen and hide.

"Astral!!! Where are you?!" I heard the voice that I quickly dubbed the hyperactive chipmunk. I, forgetting survival skills for basically any horror game, replied.

"Not in the Kitchen!" The moment those words left my lips, I regretted every part of my being.

"Okie!!!" the voice replied as it became more distant. I became frozen in disbelief as she snuck up to the kitchen, the almost silent sound of her hooves getting closer to the cabinet that I had hidden in. Quickly snapping out of my stupor, I had to prepare myself for the coming jumpscare.

Clip, clop, clip clop CLIP, CLOP. Creak

"Iiiit's Pinkie!!!" said the voice, now identified as Pinkie. I had just enough time to set up a teleport to Twilight (I somehow typed with hooves!!!) I hit enter as Pinkie was opening the cabinet I was in the world quickly moved around me to show the dining room. Back in the room, Pinkie stood there with a confused/betrayed look on her face.


As I teleported into the room, I hear a group of girly screams and a series of flashes. It turns out I was not only hit with a stun spell but also a freeze spell, as I am currently encased in a block of ice. The ice didn't affect me all that much, just minor discomfort, almost like cartoon logic saved me.

...

...

...

I'm still cold, though.

Why are they staring and moving their mouths without sound? It seems sound doesn't come through this ice. Oh, there is that pink one. I'm already bored, "let me out already," I had internally screamed when a crack formed. It was subtle at first, but it grew, eventually consuming the entire block. For a brief second, time seemed to stand still. In that brief moment, I saw the ice reflect a beautiful prismatic shower as it fell. It was almost as if, for that moment, the beauty of it all had me entrapped. But, like all good things, it had to end.

Afterward, I mentally logged the event as a 'moment of beauty' and said, "Thanks for finally warming up to me." All except for Pinkie groaned at the pun.

"Hiya!" she said (more accurately shouted), "I finally caught up to you after the filler/chase scene earlier. It also took the author over three months to get this far."

"Wait," I said, "there is an author?"

"Yupperonie, lots of worlds have them, it just so happens that this one has many and that the multiverse has billions spread through just a few of them," she said, without much concern to the looks on the group's faces.

"Well, with that said... let's just move on to more important matters," I said, not questioning Pinkie's antics, mostly to protect my sanity. "We need to focus on figuring out why I was sent here and if/when I could get back home." Dang, I seem to have been more serious than I initially wanted.


"We will find a way to get you home," says Twilight in a comforting tone. She is starting to walk towards me slowly, almost not noticeable unless you were paying close attention.

I pull out my console command/chatbox keyboard and start typing, not realizing I had shifted my hooves into hands, /tp @p I noticed a long list of names that hovered above my command query, a few words caught my attention: Flame_Metal, Moonshine, Jake_from_statefarm, Phill_Swift, to name a few. I closed it, forgetting what I was doing.

As soon as I did, Pinkie gasped. "Why did the author take about a year and a half to get this far!?!?!?"
Well, I had run out of ideas and needed a break... then I forgot a bit and got stuck, as well as getting a job, and changing computers.
"Makes sense."

The rest of us non-fourth wall breakers were confused by the pink mare's strange talking.

Author's Note:

I've moved on from writing these stories. Many things are going on in my life, and I don't have time to write this anymore. I will leave the story up, but it will be on permanent hiatus. Take care.

Comments ( 3 )

Afterward, I mentally logged the event as a 'moment of beauty' and said, "Thanks for finally warming up to me." All except for Pinkie groaned at the pun.

As a final note for the final chapter, I wrote the majority of that almost immediately after the previous chapter and wrote myself into a corner.

Login or register to comment