• Published 11th May 2017
  • 693 Views, 49 Comments

the life of Winterborn - prince_WinterBorn



it a story about my oc and how he became a Prince and a Dj

  • ...
35
 49
 693

chapter 2 of Winter life (TheMajorTechie)

Over the course of the next few weeks, we began to meet more and more, and even on certain occasions I’d find myself staring at the Princess herself, waiting outside the doors of whichever building I performed in at the time. We’d typically talk for maybe an hour or two, before
separating, and heading in our respective dimensions.

Short, awkward talks gradually became conversations, conversations to discussions. Before we knew it, we were practically eye-to-eye on each others’ lives.On a suggestion by the Princess, I gave up my night job as a DJ for a couple months, opting instead to join the ranks of the Night Guard. Of course, however, it certainly took plenty of time to train, but as the days passed, I knew that I’d only grow closer to Luna.

As my days of training for the guard came and went, I began to learn of the ways that the guards behaved. Many of them were quite unruly, having descended from fathers who had been in the guard, as well as their grandfathers, and so on.

Before long, I found myself prowling the streets once more. Though, this time, I wasn’t hauling heavy equipment, nor was I bounding off to some rave party in an apartment complex. Rather, I was on street watch, which, as I had learned, was a common task assigned to new recruits. It was a bit saddening to leave the profession I had grown up with for most of my life, but my new one now allowed me to stay much closer to Luna, much to the delight of the both of us.

Of course, one may wonder, “Why? Why would two such different ponies try so hard to be with one another?”

To that, I would answer this: Everypony needs somepony to lean on sometimes. We all need to be supported when we fall, and sometimes, one wouldn’t simply be able to stand back up and brush themselves off. Princess Luna is a special embodiment of this case. As I had stated earlier on, the Princess often punished herself for her misdeeds behind her sister’s back, and, combined with the level of untrust that the ponies around me still had for her, it wasn’t hard to say that she was an emotional wreck.

Luna was a… strange pony, so to say. At times, she’d suddenly and unexpectedly burst into tears, bawling once more of her sorrow and pain for what she had done many eons ago. Often times, the only sign I’d notice prior to her outbreaks would be the unsure scrunch of her muzzle, as if she was trying to hold something deep within.

Eventually, we grew even closer than before, with the Princess allowing me to enter her personal chambers, and with I being stationed ever closer to said chambers. Our companionship grew into mutual friendship, and soon enough, love.

Comments ( 8 )

8156190 if you didn't care you wouldn't have deleted the comments then would you

8158227 how old is your friend, because if she's like a child then she's probably not the best person to get a critical review from

Damn son. Reminds me when I started to first write! Ah, those stories!
Look, I admire the enthusiasm!
But let's face it. This has a few scary signs to it.
A Colt who was normal, had the princess 'magically' fall in love with him, he got all the subjects to love him when he became a prince, had his own castle?
Son, people are going to think that they have a GARY STU on their hands!
That's right.
A GARY STU.
So, like, I would

8187663 To be fair, upon rewriting I was told to stick as close as possible to the original plot, which was probably as stereotypical as a stereotypical Gary stu story could get, with practically no buildup whatsoever of the plot.

Also, redidted.

Redidted.

:facehoof:

8188459 yes so if yall like go check out the real editor and savior of the story

8188543 No, what I mean is "Redidted" is most certainly not a word.

I'd suggest "Rewritten", as opposed to your mashing of the prefix, "Re", an apparent root word, "did", and a past tense suffix "-ed".

8189204 my mistake I as typing and didn't realise I type that wrong but he is right

8189234
Would you like for me to continue rewriting? You haven’t responded to any PMs lately.

Login or register to comment