• Published 10th Mar 2017
  • 893 Views, 15 Comments

A Queen in Marigold - Rouki Royal



Queen Chrysalis has a consistent track record of defeat. Now alone and at the end of her rope, she has come up with a plan unlike any other! Mirror Princess Celestia's devious tactics and raise an apprentice of her own! Now if only it were so easy...

  • ...
0
 15
 893

Chapter 2: Wasteland Blues

Celestia, you took everything from me. You are the root cause of all I've endured. If it weren't for you and your meddling proteges, I wouldn't have to deal with all this in the first place! Yet still you arrogantly sit atop your throne, while I am here suffering alone.

Queen Chrysalis sighed as she stood in front of one of the many supposed exits to leave the cavern. But instead of an opening all she found was a magical barrier spell. Truly? Now this is just starting to get ridiculous. Queen Chrysalis poked at the barrier with a hoof as she sluggishly turned around to head down another root of the cavern. I cannot even grasp the ludicrousness of it. It's asinine. Utterly so.

"Momma! Momma! Momma!" Exuberant and filled with energy, the golden filly turned the corner, blocking Queen Chrysalis' path.

Queen Chrysalis was only slightly startled, before she eyed the filly with utmost annoyance. "Wait! Did you know I went down this route the entire time? Just ... you know what? Forget it!" She then stomped past her in irritation, making way deeper back into the cavern.

The golden filly eyed her the entirety of the time, filled with glee. "Momma are you giving up? Does this mean I passed my lesson?"

Queen Chrysalis at the end of her patience snapped fiercely at the filly. "No! No it doesn't! You haven't passed anything of mine you diabolical, mischievous, foul, insane filly! You are more treacherous than I am! What are you going to subject me to next hm? Do I even have a choice? Do you even understand how hard I am trying to get away from you? You clueless savage deviant! You are a monster!"

A heavy silence filled the area of the cavern they were in as the golden filly only lowered her head and her face darkened.

Queen Chrysalis was piqued with surprise. Wait ... d-did that actually work? Did I actually manage to affect her finally? Queen Chrysalis couldn't let up. She had to build upon this momentum. "A-And you know what else? That outfit looks quite stupid too!"

The filly's lower lip began to quiver and tremble with each word she said, as her golden hat hid her eyes from the Queen.

Queen Chrysalis smirked as she raised her head slowly and her confidence rose exponentially. Ah this is good yes, but I cannot allow myself to lose focus. All I need is to establish further control now. Perhaps all is not lost yet. Ohohoho, Celestia ... you fool, now I see how you forced that meddlesome Twilight Sparkle to succumb to your every wish. Breaking them is a necessity first. What an appealing tactic. But as she stood there ... Queen Chrysalis also felt the amount of love coming from the filly was still abnormally radiant. Something still wasn't right, but she did her best to ignore it, riding on the hope that everything was suddenly going her way. "So, lose those barriers and-"

The golden filly then exuberantly raised her head with childishly hysterical laughter! "Bwahahaha! You're so clever Momma!" She looked seriously up at her as her tone lowered mischievously. "But the very awesome and amazing Marigold would never fall for such obvious tricks." She pointed a hoof defiantly at Queen Chrysalis. "Friendship Lesson 104-8 Momma! Sticks and stones are scary but words will never hurt me!" She then clapped her hooves together. "So I win again Momma! Are you proud!? What's the next lesson? Oh oh I-"

Queen Chrysalis simply shrieked in despair due to utter disbelief. "What? How do you even come up with such nonsense! No ... No it wasn't a lesson! I am scolding you! I am disappointed in you! You aren't listening to me you insane delusional child! Enough of this!" Queen Chrysalis poofed back before her horn started to ignite and she glared menacingly at the filly. "You will listen to me! You will understand your place and stop twisting it to fit your childish agenda even if I must do so by force!" She growled, "Do you understand me!?"

Then in a mere instant, Marigold blinked at the Queen yet again with no expression as she poofed right in front of her.

Queen Chrysalis stumbled back out of instinct which left her feeling insulted. Wait ... d-did I just? A sweat drop coursed down the side of her head again as she glanced down at her own front hooves. Why did I retreat? I am a Queen yet ... I instinctively drew myself back?

Marigold continued to smile up at her as she patiently observed Queen Chrysalis' actions as if analyzing and learning from her.

Queen Chrysalis gritted her teeth. Is she testing me? The Queen's face darkened as she snapped fiercely at the filly. "How dare you! Fine! If you wish to invoke my wrath then you shall have it in full! When I am done with you, you shall be begging to return to that orphanage!" Queen Chrysalis in her rage dug deep within herself, using the sudden burst of power from the love given to her to unleash a devastating spell which tore as a spiral straight throughout the cavern. Lost in her belligerent rage, she lacked the insight of calmness.

Marigold was now behind her as she tapped on the Queen's flank. "See! I passed again Momma! Teleportation is easy!"

Queen Chrysalis flinched as she turned with haste. How? Her expression sunk dramatically as she cried out. "What are you!?"

A giggle escaped the filly as she tackle hugged the Queen and then suddenly the two poofed outside the cavern itself and found themselves on the surface of a barren dusty wasteland. As they were outside, she nuzzled her cheek into the Queen's chest. "Your special somepony duuuh. Don't worry Momma ... I'll take care of you forever and ever. Then we'll go on so many adventures and have lots of fun."

Queen Chrysalis was now sweating profoundly as she shoved the filly away and took a few trots back. She glanced around noticing they were now outside as she needed to slow her breathing to calm herself. Calm down Chrysalis ... y-you've been through far worse.

Marigold ... unaffected by the shove only watched the Queen again observantly, analyzing her with a smile of adoration.

Queen Chrysalis needed a moment as she gulped. So these are the ponies you keep to yourself hm Celestia? I see. You have grown masterful in taming such beasts in your old age. She squinted her eyes, concentrating fully on the filly before her. But I too refuse to accept defeat. Queen Chrysalis now realized how dire the scenario she was in as her survival instincts became apparent even to her. I will be subjected to more lunacy than I can handle if I do not find a solution to this soon. Queen Chrysalis continued to sweat as she observed her surroundings yet again. Her magic is powerful yet wild. So my dear nemesis ... what would your next course of judgement be I wonder?

Marigold yawned as she tilted her head to the right. "Well I'm getting bored Momma ... so here I come!" She lowered her frame and waggled her rear end before prancing in a couple of circles. "I will show you one of my favorite spells! The Bully Breaker Boom!"

Queen Chrysalis gritted her teeth. I must think like you do! And she pointed a hoof at Marigold. "W-Wait right there! Dear."

Suddenly Marigold looked quite intrigued as she stopped and stood straight, staring curiously at Queen Chrysalis again.

Queen Chrysalis continued to keep her composure. Fluffiness has always been a severe pony weakness. Perhaps with an untamed unicorn protege, more so. Pony children thrive off this ... do they not Celestia? "Mother ... would like to play a special game, okay?"

Marigold then sat as her entire demeanor had changed and she looked up at Chrysalis with even wider more observant eyes.

Queen Chrysalis' nose scrunched up in slight disgust. Ugh! This tone I'm using is disgusting yet ... why does it have such affect?

Marigold suddenly became quite desperate and even hesitant in her approach. "Momma, I want a hug! Can I get a hug please?"

Queen Chrysalis' surprise only grew as she felt astounded. S-She never asked me before! Why now? This makes no sense! "Why?"

Marigold seemed a little nervous as it was apparent in her expression and she lowered her head some. "Because we aren't playing right now Momma and I really want to give you a hug since we're taking a break." She became flushed, "I promise it'll be amazing!"

Queen Chrysalis, still astounded, then smirked while quivering some due to disgust with herself. Nonetheless she felt a little more confident yet again and understanding of the situation. I see Celestia ... I see. She spread her hooves. "Why of course Dear." I see now.

Marigold trotted casually up to the Queen in exuberant delight again as she embraced her tightly. "I love love love you!"

And Queen Chrysalis felt as if she'd just dodged doom in mere moments. So this is how you survive with such creatures of power.

Author's Note:

Chapter 2 - End. :rainbowkiss:

Comments ( 4 )

:trollestia::well, not how I expected things to go, but I'll settle for inadvertently reforming Chrysalis.

Hehe, nice. I love how clueless Chryssie is.

Well, this looks like it has potential, we'll see how it goes.

Queen Chrysalis in her rage dug deep within herself, using the sudden burst of power from the love given to her to unleash a devastating spell which tore as a spiral straight throughout the cavern. Lost in her belligerent rage, she lacked the insight of calmness.

:applejackconfused:So Chryssie is now more powerful then ever, and yet we don't have to worry :ajsmug:

. As they were outside, she nuzzled her cheek into the Queen's chest. "Your special somepony duuuh. Don't worry Momma ... I'll take care of you forever and ever.

Wait, What :applejackconfused:

Calm down Chrysalis ... y-you've been through far worse.

You have ? :trixieshiftright:

Login or register to comment