• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 5,746 Views, 277 Comments

The Rising - ItsDaKoolaidDude



From the ashes of an ancient apocalypse, an eternal awakens to the new world.

Comments ( 14 )

great chapter worth the wait

"That and I did get a slight armor inspiration watching the duel between Mithrax and Eramis."

Ooh I remember that fight, I was hankering for Misraaks to kick Eramis in the carapace. I hope to God Bungie's fuckups these past few days don't kill everything, they've written so much that it's a world unto itself.

I wonder what what'shisface would have accomplished if he was put in a final fantasy MMO dream instead of one by Bl*zzard.

11738147
Well first i'd have to get a bit into FF14 to figure how Belmonte or any of the others in the Legion would act/react to everything that goes on. I'm more familiar with some of the older FF games and the gists they've got going, but the MMO I honestly haven't had the most interest in getting into, mostly due to the subscription making it a "either you're dedicating to it or you're not" sort of deal.
One thing I'd know for certain is they'd be bailing tf out of the final moments of the 1.0 servers.

11738389
I never played before shadowbringers, but I hear A Realm Reborn was like Cataclysm, except that the game was shit before.

Fuck yeaaaaaa

the chapter came out and I was working, I couldn't wait to read it when I got home and I ended up reading it during my rest time and when I was eating, damn author you have an incredible talent for writing, how truly deep the characters are, how they You have your insecurities, dreams, flaws, aaaaaa how I love seeing a story so well written, thanks and never stop writing, I will always be waiting for you, live well, and live long my friend and never stop moving forward.

11738527
That much I've heard of, which is why the Realm Reborn happened with an upgrade over their servers and systems.
Definitely a crowning moment in game-deving, that's for sure.


11738965
Glad to hear how much you enjoyed the chapter~

11739082
and here I wait for you once again

Took me three tries to read this story. I read the first three chapters and quit, twice. When I finally pushed through to read four and five I finally found the hook and powered through in a couple of days.

Enjoying and waiting for more.

11790552
I'll give a guess it was due to the sheer writing dump as well as a newbie writer's inexperience with how to make a story and how to carry on with it?
As much as I'd like to bring a full stop to go back and make either the 2nd draft of the story or rewrite everything with paid and official proofreaders/editors so as it doesn't carry on with a lot of the problems, I fear the story would be on that perpetually cursed Hiatus status for an entire year or more. I'd rather iron out the first draft of the story, then get it fixed up into 2nd then either 3rd or Final.

11790873
It was the "I'm almost 20k words in and have no idea what this story is about"

Sadly though I don't really have any good ideas on how to fix it. Maybe shorten the sequence of the Royal sister's childhood?

11791032
Fair enough. Younger me at the time had put a little too much focus over the emotional side with Celestia, and while I made some corrections it only focused more on dealing with her depressed aftermath from Luna's banishment.

11791677
You don't need to abandon Celestia's past, it brings an emotional charge, and shows how it affects Celestia, if you want to resolve this you could put these parts of Celestia's past as your flashback, of certain events, words, objects or actions .

If there was anything left to talk about in this story it would be about MC still in prison, she stopped visiting him many millennia ago, but still acted as if they were very close, if I'm not mistaken she stopped visiting him after the banishment, if not I'm wrong, so adding scenes of her venting to him would make more sense for this whole part.

And seriously, don't stop with this story, it's very good, I visit this site at least 3 times a day to see if there's anything new.

Login or register to comment