• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,088 Views, 12 Comments

Horse Dreams - Zubric



Twilight wanted something special for her friends Fifth year of being friends and had asked Luna to help her with a special shared dream spell. However, things don’t quite go to plan.

  • ...
8
 12
 1,088

Applejack and Pinkie Pie

The sound of morning bird was the first thing that Applejack noticed as her senses returned after that dizzy feeling in the castle. The last thing she remembered was her head falling down onto her pillow when a wave of sleepiness had overtaken her. She kept listening to the birds for a few moments enjoying the soft straw she was laying on.

“Wait straw?” Her eyes shot open to find she in some pen in a large barn a soft breeze blowing through the open window. She groaned rising to her hooves. “Ugh, where am I?” The sunlight leaked through allowing her to see more of the enclosure. She rubbed her muzzle with her hoof thinking it through. “Okay, so this the dream Twilight was talking about? Cause this sure is weird.” she thought, while nudging her hooves against the gate. She snorts when her hooves didn’t work the way they should have and just made the gate rattle, the latch sucure. The farm pony didn’t have long to wait however to worry about being trapped, however, as the barn door opened and a short teenage girl came in sporting brown work jeans and bright red top.

The teen strolled up to Applejack giving her muzzle a gentle pet. “Morning Applejack,” she smiled offering up a salt cube.

Applejack couldn’t resist the tempting treat and licked at it wondering who this girl was and where she had ended up. What kind of shared dream had only her in it? As she thought about it, a simple rope was slung around her neck. The girl unlocked the gate before tugging lightly. “Okay I'm coming,” Applejack spoke but only heard a whiny come out and some huff of air. They exited the stable proper and into a dirt path that connected to other various buildings near by. the all too familiar sights of a farm greeted her cool air blowing her short mane about. The fragrance of corn and various other crops could be smelled in the air as well making her feel right at home. She continued to follow the bipedal creature leading her along. Since this farm girl was so nice the pony didn't see any reason to resist at all especually if she had a job to do.

“Something must have gone wrong when that crystal of Twi's exploded.” she thought glancing forward the whole way. Surprisingly instead of being put in a harness to pull a blow, she saw a few tents set up in the open field. Many of the kids present were running around, giggling and having general fun going from one tent to another with eager glee. Applejack smiled at such a sight while letting the girl attach to a large wagon to her via a yoke similar to the one her brother wore to pull the blow. It was only right for her to pull it obviously, similar to the one Big Mac would pull on Nightmare Night. The farm pony remained calm but was still confused over the situation as she felt the few support straps being adjusted. After the weight was equally disrupted, a sugar cube was held out for her by her handler. She happily licked the second treat as her muzzle was pet by one of the kids nearby. It was a rather nice feeling of just being pet with such gentle care towards her. Once done her snack, she watched the kid being set on the hay bale wagon along with the other youngsters. The farm horse began to push it along the dirt road the girl leading her while sitting on the cart having reins to steer Applejack in the right direction. The sensation of having her head tug in one direction or another to steer her felt oddly natural instead of very suggestive that it would be in the waking world. She felt the soft dirt below her hooves as he pulled the wagon in a large square around the field staring at the colorful tents.

“I guess this isn't’ such a bad dream although would prefer to be with my friends,” she muttered to herself, quite enjoying the slow trot. It was still pretty weird how none of her words came out as speech but she got over that pretty quickly. As ironic as it may have sounded, she did like the rest from her constant apple farming, the change in scenery quite refreshing. Applejack began to hum as she trotted along letting the world around her lead her along. “Mmm, this is rather nice.” After about half an hour of hauling the wagon around she was released from the harness. The farm pony shook her body her mane flying about as she did so. The teen patted her head once more offering her, ironically enough, an apple. She chowed down on it with her flat teeth. It wasn’t as sweet as her farm apples but it would suffice. The dream was okay for the most part although, she still couldn’t figure out why she wasn’t with her friends. She was grateful she wasn’t in any danger while at the same time made her wonder where the others were. The pony swallowed and shrugged she was sure they be fine.


------------------------


Pinkie gasped jumping up the sounds of a cheering crowd startling her awake. She remembered the crystal exploding and the following dizzy sensation that had caused her to fall to the floor. She rubbed her head confused as she started down at the stray she been laying on not but a moment prior. Which was odd considering she been in Twilight’s castle beforehand and certainly there had been beds. She shook her head having a ‘no duh’ expression plastered on her muzzle as he realized she was dreaming. Only a few ticks of a non-present clock had to go by before she realized it wasn’t like her usual dreams something felt very strange. For one she wasn't popping from place to place due to her never stopping brain train. Second, where were her friends? That was Twilight plan, right? Well, expect the exploding crystal that was kind of pretty.

As her senses returned she continued to listen to the cheering crowd looking around the colorful tent she was in at the moment. She moved her foreleg hearing a jingle while moving the stray around her hoof. Soon she noted the silver bells secured around lower forelegs and beamed shaking her leg more. “Hehe cool,” she danced in place making more jingles before staring at her body seeing the crazy combo of colours resting upon her via a saddle secured to her back and some cloth draped over her flanks. She pranced again making music with the bells. “Hehe, am I a clown?” She wiggled her rump making the bells that were attached to her hind legs jingle as well. She beamed dancing a bit in place. “Lalalala,” she felt so cheery and happy, but that normal for her. As she pranced in place, two humans strolled in. One was female while the other was male, each dressed in vibrant coloured cloth with frilly sleeves at the arms while little bells hung from their legs. exaggerated makeup was upon their faces having polka dots with each colour the rainbow all over the place.

The women moved over to Pinkie while the horse trotted in circles. She gestured in her direction. “See told you all she needed was a nap.”

Pinkie pranced up to the two smiling. “Hey there,” she whinnied feeling perky as usual. Something about these two screamed fun, and she sure loved fun. The pony didn’t care about the odd bipeds she just knew they were nice. I mean they had bells, no one wearing bells could be meanies. The party pony nuzzled the women eagerly eating the small treat offered to her. There was a taste of cinnamon mixed in with the crunchy morsel. The humans just chuckle as the background noise of another round of cheering was heard beyond the flap cloth door.

“Ready for our act little Pinkie,” the man smiled at her. The women double checked the saddle on Pinkie Pie before putting a loose lasso around her neck. The pony didn’t make any attempt to fight back happily trotting behind the humans as they exited the tent. Pinkie eyes go wide as she saw the sights and sounds of a carnival around her. Flashing lights were everywhere as they head to the red and yellow striped high-top tent in the center of the field. The thought of performing made the pony giddy as the noise of joyful cheers got louder. The tarp was pulled back as she was lead through the back. She couldn’t help but look at the other bipedal performers dressed in various attire. There was a strong man with bulging muscles and a silly mustache, his lower half covered in red spandex pants with yellow stripes. She especially liked the acrobat who nimble body curved into a pretzel like shape.as she practiced.

Pinkie eeped as her rope is tugged and it was just now she realized she been standing there gawking at the acts of the show. She smiled as she realized she was one such act and she was overjoyed. “Coming!” She trots along with the humans soon spotting another horse in similar attire as herself. The party pony whinnyed at the other mare getting a light snort in return. She heard the cheered the crowd as the women climb onto her back patting her neck.

“Let’s put on a show,” the women nudged Pinkie sides provoking the pony to pass through the tarp and not the ring. The stands were full of happy cheering attendance. Pinkie, of course, saw kids look at her as she moved along. The women on her back leaped up balancing on her saddle with ease as the performers went about their act. Oddly enough, Pinkie knew just went to turn or jump over a low bar. She felt happy watching the two women toss rings back and forth in a sort of juggling act in motion. The other horse supported the second women as they move in sync around the dirt ring passing within arms with of each other before darting through the middle and splitting off to do the circuit in opposite directions. The two ponies pass each other the rings tossed between the two women on the pass. Pinkie giggles as she ran around with such stamina letting instincts drive her forward. Her heart thumped in her chest as she jumped over another bench whinnying with glee.

“Wee!” She felt the women jump off and land on the platform in the middle of the ring. Pinkie stopped and breathed at the crowd cheered the act over. The circus ringmaster spoke but Pinkie was too hyper to really listen to any of it watching the many kids in the audience point and cheer at her act. Pinkie once more whinnied rearing up happily even if her rider was a bit startled. “Best dream ever!”

Author's Note:

Next up is Rarity(plus Spike) and Twilight.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment