• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,087 Views, 12 Comments

Horse Dreams - Zubric



Twilight wanted something special for her friends Fifth year of being friends and had asked Luna to help her with a special shared dream spell. However, things don’t quite go to plan.

  • ...
8
 12
 1,087

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash

Luna sipped her favorite tea, raising an eyebrow at the Princess of Friendship with hesitation. The young alicorn had just finished giving her a request and Luna wasn’t sure she could accomplish what she had asked for. The idea was...unique having done it only once before with the whole population of Ponyville or combining friends dreams together to help conflicts between them. However, this time, Twilight was asking for the ability to do it herself. “I”m not sure I can teach out such an ability Twilight Sparkle. Even my sister with her thousands of year of power and wisdom could not enter the dream realm as I can. I am in a sense unique case.”

Twilight rubbed her neck while staring down at the ember liquid in her cup. “Oh it would be fun to do a group dream but if it not possible I guess I’ll have to figure something else out. I’ve done plenty of research about dreams and possible spell on lucid dreaming,” she glanced back up seeing Luna rubbing her chin before smiling.

“Perhaps, there may be a way to do what you request. Do you recall the art of preserving enchantments using crystals?”

Twilight nodded while pouring a fresh cup of tea for herself. “Yes, it is a very similar concept like the crystal heart. The concept is that higher enchantment can be kept in a limbo almost indefinitely until magic is applied to trigger its function. I believe several arcane devices use such a process such as the charge lanterns.”

“Indeed that is true, I may be able to use a specific crystal to put the spell to affect your friends for the night. However, I suggest caution since such a thing has never been attempted.” Twilight watched Luna leave and soon return with a tall cyan crystal with a wider brace base to hold it upright. The object was set upon the table as Luna took a breath before focusing. “You may want to take a step back.” Once Twilight did so, the Princess of the Night horn began to glow a soft white light running up the twirl of her horn. The bright white orb formed at the tip tendrils out until it touched the smooth crystal. The light intensified as the same light was amplified the glass shining brightly as the sun causing Twilight to shield her eyes. Sweat ran down the princess’s face as she focused channeling more of her spell into the matrix until it was set in place. With a bright flash bright as lightning, it was done and the crystal's glow gently faded until it remains a steady faint glow in the dark. Luna sat down exhaling deeply. “It is done,” she floated the crystal over to Twilight with a smile. “I wish you the best Twilight and have fun.”

Twilight beamed and nodded. “Thank you, Luna. I can’t wait to have a shared dream again.”

---------

The night was in full swing as Twilight and her friend hung out in the same room they had faced the Tantibus in many months ago. Even Spike was there enjoying hot chocolate and handing out snacks. Twilight took the occasion glance at the box her gift was currently sitting in eager to try it out and happy as a filly to get started. Pinkie of course had plenty of games keeping them busy throughout the evening. Soon they all gather around Twilight as he cleared her throat.

“Okay everypony I have a surprise for us all,” she beamed opening the box. The group all lean in watching her pull out the crystal which still glow faint with luan suspended magic. Pinkie, of course, let out a oooh at the sparkly spire.

“My that a very fine crystal Twilight, whatever is it used for?” Rarity asked.

“Well as I was about to say I went to Luna yesterday and got her to enchant this with a shared dream spell for all of us,” she smiled at Spike. “That means you too of course Spike.” Spike clapped with joy.

“Wait I thought only Luna could do that kind of dream thingy,” Rainbow commenced tilting her head.

“That’s probably still the case given she said this had never been done before. She wasn’t even sure it would work once activated.”

“Oh, oh would we end up switching bodies if it didn’t. I always wanted to be Rainbow Dash,” PInkie giggles looking at her friends.with glee. Rainbow just blinked confused fo few moments.

“Right..anyway power it up Twilight.”

“Shouldn’t we get into bed first?” Fluttershy asked while petting Angel Bunny.

“I don’t think so. If i’m correct once I activate the link, ti will simple trigger when we all go to sleep and enter R.E.M and thus in sync.” She said matter of factly. “Infact I suspect that our special link to each other should help.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Yeah yeah let get out with it egghead,” she joked sitting down on a pillow.

Twilight rolled her eyes while setting the crystal down in the center as her friends gathered around it. Once everyone was seated, she sigh and began to channel her magic into the pedestal. The crystal began to pulsate small white tendrils snaking out of it towards each of the mares and dragon. Fluttershy meep as it touch her forehead and looks around seeing each of her freind eyes had flash for moment as the beams of lights touch them. Twilight ear went flat as the crystal started to spark and wobble. ‘Oh no,” she panic pumping litte more magic into it hoping to stabilize it. Unfortunately her efforts proved envane as cracks began to form and the stream of light collapsed. Seconds later the crystal exploded causing the ponies to jump out the way.

As the air calmed, PInkie was the first to speak. “Wow that was crazy.”

“E-everypony okay?” Fluttershy asked holding angel close staring at the shards laying the ground.

Twilight rubbed her horn growing at the throbbing headache. “Ugh well that didn’t work. Was a long shot anyway.”

Spike hurried over and hugged her. “Oh it’s okay, Twilight. At least you tried right?” Twilight nodded and hugged him back.

“Anyone else feel tingly?” Rainbow fluttered her wings as she sat on her bed.

Rarity felt her forehead. “Now that you mention it, I do feel a magical tingle.

“So you’re sayin it worked then?” Applejack asked confused oblivious to unicorn magic at work.

Twilight shook her head her hooves still holding her sides. “I-I don’t know but I got a head-” Suddenly without warning Twilight fell over eye closed as she passed eyes.

Spike gasped. “Twilight w-w-” he stumbles as the rest soon felt the same sensation of dizziness. Within a minute or so each of the ponies and Spike had passed out drifting into slumber land in not time. The loose shards still on the pedestal continue to glow softly emitting it corrupted spell.

---------

Fluttershy was dizzy, her body feeling alien almost as she open her eyes. She shut them right away as the sunlight blinded her for a moment. Sweet smell of hay was in the air and her ears could hear the sound of upbeat horns and piano similar to carnival music. She raised her hoof to her eyes rubbing them as she get use to the light “Mmm where am I?” Her vision soon adjusted as the first sight before her was what looked like a small stable. The smell of fresh hay hit her nostrils along with other such scents found in barns. The memory of Twilight showing her imagines of the human world came to mind which helped her recognize the space.

The sudden opening of the stable door caused her to squeak and flutter her wings...if she had them. A whiny escaped her muzzle upon realization of said discovery causing the red shirted human to come in. She frantically backed up against the wall her usual speech not working.

The man soft voice was almost not heard over her panic. “Wow Fluttershy, what wrong girl,” he reached towards her. Fluttershy winced and whimpers but soon felt the hand gently petting her snout. “Come on the kiddies love you,” he commented, as the pony nose was filled with the smell of a fresh carrot.

Fluttershy sniffed and opened her eyes seeing the tantalizing carrot. She got up onto her hooves and moves toward it as she lead out into the sunlight really wanting the carrot. Another man behind her closed the gate of the stable she been in. It took a moment for the pony to blink and adjust the sunlight seeing various trees around the enclosure. There were a few other animals in the fenced off area but Fluttershy couldn’t understand them. She whimper again but quickly nibbled on the carrot loudly crunching it.

The red shirted man pat her head “there there, good girl,” he was very nice Fluttershy returning his kindness with a smile and a nuzzle against his hand. Her eyes soon spot the small humans along the fence, kids if she remembered the naming. They all seem to beam and bounce with eagerness at seeing her which in turn helped Fluttershy calm down. The man spoke again to the other human. “She a bit skittish today so be careful when a kid riding her.”

“O-oh I would never harm children,” Fluttershy tries to correct letting out a small whiny. The kids giggle and clap as the gate was opened for them. The rope around her neck made her a little nervous but other then that she continued to small as three of the little ones came up with their parents to her. She leaned down letting one of them with brown hair pet her muzzle..

“She pretty mommy,” the girl said as Fluttershy nuzzle the hand. The girl giggles as the mare decided to give the child a light lick. The girl giggled “yuck,”

Fluttershy giggles a little, tail swishing back and forth. She ate a sugarcube offered by a small boy and nuzzle him as well. “Mmm thank you,” she giggle continuing to be petted and loved by the human kids.

---------

Rainbow’s head ached, beating like a drum as the world came slowly into focus. “Ugh my head,” For a brief moment she paid the odd location in mind as she slowly rose to her feet. The smell of oats greeted her as she looked down at the trough in front of her. Without hesitation she leaned down and began to munch down on the grain. “Mmm breakfast,” she muffle between bites. After eating her fill she looked around seeing the small stable pen she in. The pegasus blinked confused glancing down the wooden floor covered in the soft straw. A whiny was let loose from her mouth as she rear up started. “Where am I?” her speech only came out as horse noises although she was too freaked out to notice. Soon her ears swivel as footsteps are heard moving to her pen.

A tall athletic women walked up to her stall, her brown hair tied up into a ribbon behind her head. The bright red shirt stood out amongst the drab dull colours of the stable. “What’s wrong Rainbow, eager to race today already?”

“Race?” Rainbow tilted her head confused but the idea of racing did perk her up. The women reached over the gate and pat her snout petting it gentle.

“Come on let’s get you all ready,” She make some nicking sound with her mouth once the gate was unlatched causing Rainbow to slowly walk out. Rainbow wasn’t sure why but she trusted this...oh what was it? Human? Yes trust this human well enough to behave. The mare ate a sugarcube offered to her noting how odd her back felt as something steady was set on it and a thick strap going under her and across her barrel.

Rainbow blinked and turned her head to look and gasped ‘Gah, wings,where are my wings?” she sook her back but the saddle was already secured on snug.

“Wow Rainbow calm down it just your saddle,” The women was calm as she spoke showing concern for her horse. Rainbow kept wiggle at the bridle went over her muzzle. She had little choice in the matter as the bit slid behind her teeth. Needless to say the taste of metal was nasty. The mare was too eager to blush about such attire that if this was Equestria would be questionable at best. The blinders were even stranger as it cut off her peripheral vision.

“There we go,” The women climbed onto the saddle making the ticking sound lightly nudging Rainbow side with her foot wear obviously wanting her to head for the open doorway. Rainbow complied trotting along past various other pens until exiting into a wide open area the mare recognized almost instantly. Beyond the stable was a dirt covered race track that ran around the outer edge bordered by stands for spectators to watch. It was much like the derpy tracks only earth based really. The thought of racing once more got her heart pumping as her pace quickened as she lead along.

“Oh this going to be fun,’ she let out whiny and felt the legs press against her sides again. Rainbow got the idea right away and bolted down the track wind blowing through her mane. “Woo hooo!” She felt so alive as she did a lap her limit vision keeping her focused. Being a dream and all, she hardly notice the sudden transition as she was now in a starting line box other horses to her left and right.

The area had become much louder as a crow of humans filled the stands and a loud announcer was talking. Rainbow crouched down knowing that the race was about to begin. If she had been paying more attention she would have seen the horse to her left looked strangely like Lightning Dust. She took a deep breath her heart pounding faster as the horn blared the gates pulling open. Like a rocket, the rainbow mare was off a trail of dust behind her.

“And it Rainbow Dash in the lead straight out the gate,” the announcer blared over the speaker as Rainbow kept bolting along loving every second of it. She pumped harder as she took a turn cheering in her head at the adrenaline rush. She felt somepony closing in on her from behind but due to her vision couldn't tell luckily the voice blared it out for her. “Lighting Dust closing in on the lead,” Rainbow narrowed her eyes sinking her hooves harder into the dirt.

“I don’t think so,” she pushed herself harder feeling the light kicks from her rider as the round the second bend. The other horses were starting to close in getting tighter packed as the initial rush wore off. “No way i’m losing this,” she thought breathing in the dust as she LIghting started getting ahead of her. The athlete pony wouldn't’ stand for such things and quickly worked up another sport of speed soon taking her rightful lead.

“Rainbow Dash keeping her lead this is going to be a close one,” the crowd was cheering louder driving the mare to give it her all. They entered the final stretch Rainbow brow sweating as she pumped her hooves has hard as she could manage. The other horses were closing in getting neck and neck with each other. The roar of their hooves kicking up a dust cloud as the checkerboard line was seen just in Rainbow gasp. A loud whiny escaped the mare mouth as she bolted with all she had only slowing when she felt tug on the reins.

“And it Rainbow Dash by a nose,” the cheering kept going as Rainbow panted heavily feeling the women pat her neck.

“Good girl.”

Rainbow panted and looked at the other horses seeing a large ranking board and her name behind moved up. Something told her that hsi was going to be a long but thrilling day for her. Driving her muzzle into a trough she was eager to keep going.

--To be continued--next up Applejack and PInkie Pie---