• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 2,025 Views, 17 Comments

Family Ties. - Sugarcube66



A young woman discovers 6 fillies on her doorstep one morning and cannot resist taking them in. What trouble will she have?

  • ...
2
 17
 2,025

On the Doorstep.

Living in a rural area was good for those who liked peace and quiet; but for young Tracie Oddland, it was the worst place to be. She was a jobs person, wanting to work as a lawyer or businesswoman. However, she was born in a small village to her averagely-paid parents and wasn't able to get a good education, based on the lack of equipment that her parents could afford. Due to this, she was stuck working as a waitress at a miserable cafe in the middle of that particular village.

However, what she didn't know was that her life was to change greatly on day. As she prepared herself for the long day of work ahead of her, she sighed. Gazing into the mirror before her, she looked at herself miserably. ''Why did life have to come to this?...'' She muttered to herself, before putting her shoes on. Grabbing her house keys and car key, she got up and walked to the door. Unlocking it, she took in a slow breath before stepping out. Her foot instantly connected with something on the ground before her, as she struggled to keep her balance on the now painful foot.

Painfully, she looked down below her to see what the object was. A gasp emitted from her throat, as she strained to understand the concept of what was going on. At her feet was a basket, covered with a blue sheet with a pattern involving slightly lighter blue squares with yellow lines running off them. ''W-what?'' She struggled to get out, as she looked down at the basket with disbelief. When a loud cry began to steep through the blanket, her mind instantly registered it as a baby cry. Tracie was the older sister to 2 younger brothers and a younger sister, so she was well adapt to hearing the sound that a baby made.

Her mind was still struggling to process the situation fully, but she knew that she needed to make sure the baby, or protential babies, were alright. Her body moving quickly, she removed the blanket from the top of the basket. Her mind went blank the moment the contents were unveiled to the world. Inside the basket was a single baby, but 6 tiny baby ponies. But none of the ponies looked like a normal foal that Tracie had seen before. Trying to pull her mind back together, she knelt down and looked at the foals. She blinked gently, muttering. ''Hello, little ones...where did you come from?''

She got 6 pairs of eyes staring at her as a reply. It was quite unnerving actually, but she had to coup with it as she figured out what to do. As she didn't get a single reply, she decided to scan over the infant ponies' appearances. She saw two fillies that had the physique of a normal pony foal, just a bit smaller and of a different color. But all the other foals had oddities that weren't seen outside of fantasy and old urban legends; there was 2 pegasi and 2 unicorns in the group. Wait, that was incorrect. One of the two unicorns moved slightly, unveiling 2 small wings to the air. ''So, 2 'normal' ponies, 2 pegasi, a unicorn and a odd mix....''

Finally, her mind clicked back together and she scanned her eyes over one foal at a time. In the back-left corner of the basket was one of the 2 'normal' foals; this foal was a soft pink in coloring, with a dark pink straight mane rolled over her body. The foal's bright eyes were a azure blue. Huddled in the filly's hooves was a cupcake. ''Wait, ponies don't eat cupcakes?....Okay, why am I question that. I have 6 foals that aren't natural and I'm concerned about their diets.....''

She shook her head and looked at the other top-corner; curled in the corner was a weird looking foal, even in comparison to the others, for she had a soft, cyan coat and rainbow mane of six different colors: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. Her eyes were a bright and ruby-magenta, looking fierce and protective over the others. Wrapped around her hoof was a gold bracelet like object, with an emblem of a pegasus.

In the center of the two identified foals was a unicorn, which was the softest of whites you could get. Tracie had to admit that the foal looked stylish in appearance as the foal's mane was styled in a wavy, beautiful way, the purplish-blue coloration only added to the beauty. Her eyes were just as stunning, the blue pigment was glistening. She was holding a clear crochet-made blanket of a few colors, there was shades of blue and purple, and a center of yellow.

To the stylish filly's left, but slightly in front, was the other 'unicorn'. The horned and winged creature was the darkest in coloring of all 6 foals, and particularly all purple, her hair: bluish-purple with streaks of lavender of pink, her coat:lavender, and her eyes:violet. In the foal's hands was a book on bedtime stories. She was looking intently at Tracie with intense, curious eyes. She was clearly a curious sort, and it made Tracie smile at her.

On her right was a orange 'normal' foal with a blonde, straw-like mane and green eyes. Somehow, this filly was wearing a brown, cowboy hat. Like with the others, the foal was too holding a item; this item being a apple, that she was actually munching on. She looked content with just munching the apple, as she completely ignored the woman staring at her. It elected a giggle from Tracie's throat, before she decided to move onto the last foal.

The very last foal was the other pegasus, this one was the one crying. She hiccuped, as her pink hair shivered along with her creamy-yellow body. Her eyes were teal, but they were leaking with frightened tears. Tracie gasped with a instinct she didn't recognize, she picked up the filly and rocked her gently. ''Shh, shh. It's alright, baby. May, your so cute.'' As the filly stopped crying, and shyly smiled. She snuggled into the arms, trying to stay near the woman. Evidently, she had managed to be imprinted with the idea that Tracie was her mother.

Tracie tickled the filly's tummy, as she picked up the basket with her free arm. Carrying everything inside was a hard thing, but she managed it. Placing the pegasus on the table, she sighed. She then slide the basket next to the yellow pony. ''So, little one. Do you know your name?'' Tracie asked the filly, keeping an eye on the other foals.

''Fwutter?'' As all she could, and it was hard to understand with the filly's soft, sweet and cute voice, but she got it after a while. The filly moved her hoof into her mouth, staring at Tracie with those shy eyes. Something clicked in the woman's mind, as she smiled. She gently petted the filly's head, electing a sound like a purr from her.

''Flutter? Hmm, I know what I can call you: Fluttershy.'' She smiled; as the baby cheered and laughed at her name, liking the adorable name instantly. But then something clicked in Tracie's mind, her job! ''Ahh!'' She shouted, forgetting to stay quiet around Fluttershy, who instantly began crying. It was actually surprising how the other foals didn't start crying simultaneously. Tracie picked up the yellow pegasus, rocking her as she walked over to her phone.

She looked at her phone book quickly, before tapping the required numbers before picking up the phone. She slotted in next to her ear, rocking the now sleepy Fluttershy. ''Hello, Boss. I can't come in today, can you please find a replacement?........Yes, I'm perfectly fine, it's just. I kinda found, um, a couple of babies on my doorstep and I can't leave them........Oh, thank you, sir. I'll be in as soon as I can.'' She hung her after that and took in a breath of relief, looking down at the sleeping pony in her arms.

Placing the blanket, that had been on the basket, on her table, she put the foal on it. After making sure Fluttershy was comfortable, Tracie turned her attention to the others. Her mind thought of a couple of problems. She may have been an older sister, but she wasn't prepared to be a mother like she may have to be to this human-like foals. ''How am I gonna handle 6 foals that are just like human babies?'' She breathed in, looking at the foals. ''I need names for them, if I'm gonna look after them.''

She looked at the pink foal first, giggling gently. The filly's mane had somehow sprung into life as she began to nom on the cupcake. As Tracie watched the filly devour the filly, she instantly formulated the prefect name. ''Pinkie Pie, it's obvious. She's pink and obviously likes sweets, by the looks at that cupcake.''

She then glanced at the rainbow maned foal, frowning to herself. It was evident what she could call the filly, but she couldn't think of a surname that she thought the filly deserved to have ''Rainbow as an obvious first name....not sure on her surname for now, but it'd come to me. Maybe she'll be the 'cool' type. Wait, I'll just call her Rainbow Dash. She's a pegasus, after all, so surely she can fly.'' She giggled to herself, as the rainbow filly seemed to not affirmatively.

She then glanced at the middle foal, the white unicorn. She looked around the white filly for any sign of what to call her, then it clicked into her mind. The beauty and rarity of the looks the filly had instantly clicked together, forming a cute name for the white unicorn. ''Rarity Belle, as she looks like she loves rare looks and beauty.''

Her eyes quickly glanced at the purple foal. She sighed, not sure what to name this particular foal. Unlike the others, there was nothing evident to state her name, besides the obvious fact that she looked like the ponyfied version of the twilight and she was a 'unicorn. ''Twilight, maybe?'' She thought for a few more seconds. ''Oh, I know. Twilight Sparkle, because it's like she has a twinkle and a sparkle in her eyes when looking at that book''.

She giggled to herself, before turning to the last, still apple-munching foal. ''Applejack. Don't even need to think your name for you, do I?'' She giggled, as the foal's mouth let go of her half eaten apple and giggled along with Tracie. Applejack then went back to her apple, finishing it off quickly and cheering happily as she held the core in her hoof, somehow.

Now that she had names for all of the foals, she needed to know what to do. After being trapped in her thoughts for a little while, she was knocked out of her mind by a slight tug of a hoof. She looked to her left to see the standing Twilight, who was smiling whilst holding her book with her mouth. She put it down and nudged it closer to Tracie. She then looked up with those pleading eyes that puppies would often give when they wanted to get out of trouble. ''Storwy? Pwease?''

''Story. Ohh, you want a bedtime story?'' She got an adorable nod as the filly wiggled her way back into the basket, kicking her back hooves around as she slide in. Tracie giggled. ''Okay, I'll tell you a bedtime story. Just be quiet for mommy, okay?'' Her mind had realized what she called herself, but she didn't care. She placed the sleeping Fluttershy in the basket with the other, and laid the blanket over her and the 5 intently waiting fillies. ''There was once 6 beautiful pony princesses, who lived together in a beautiful land.....''

Comments ( 16 )

Oh man the feels of these adorable six little fillies. Eh I can put this one into my favorites cause this'll be more adorable and chaotic.

I read this story because of the picture. I LOVE that picture.

Tracie Oddland

I thought it was spelled Tracy.

Not bad, let's see where this goes.

7660822 Most of the time, it is but I wanted to try a different spelling of it.

7660822 I've seen that version of Tracy before too.

Great story. Bit of betting needed.

7660525 BerryPAWNChH is da man with adorable chibi MLP art :ajsmug:

Aw man the cover art for this fanfic hurts my heart with how cute it is.

Is this story dead before it even got started?

will this story be continued?

8341652
The author died from the diabeetus she acquired from over exposure to the story picture

8724791
Nah, I'm not dead. I just need to recollect myself to continue the story. Oh and 'He', definitely not a male here. XD

8724822
But I put “she” not “he”
*whistles innocently*

8725029
Lol, I'm not blind and I know how to act innocent (Not very innocent myself lol)

Please continue this

Login or register to comment