• Published 24th Oct 2016
  • 1,857 Views, 1 Comments

Bonding with Chaos - TyrannosaurusVenom



Indominus is going to learn what it means to spend time with chaos.

  • ...
6
 1
 1,857

A Day of Bonding Between Hybrid Dinosaur and Lord of Chaos

During Indominus and Rainbow's year of bonding, the dinosaur got introduced to a friend that really rocked his world.

It started a few months after Indominus had completed Smaug's task and gained the power of the Immortal Phoenix. He and Rainbow Dash were spending a peaceful afternoon with Fluttershy, T-Rex and the raptor squad were spending their time with the CMC and helping them pursue their destinies. The pegasi and dinosaur were having a relaxing picnic in the open fields. That's when Fluttershy noticed that Indominus didn't seem like himself.

He looked rather down and upset, despite the fact that Rainbow Dash had been giving him so much attention. So being the kind and caring pony she was, Fluttershy decided to find out what was troubling the dinosaur.

"Hey Indominus, why do you look so sad today? After everything that's happened, shouldn't you be glad that in a couple more months you'll be marrying Rainbow Dash?"

"Yeah Indominus, this behavior doesn't suit you." The hybrid glanced down at the concerned ponies and gave his response.

"I'm sorry girls, it's just that even though I've been here for so long, I'm still the only one of my kind."

"I don't understand," Fluttershy asked. "Tyrannosaurus and the raptors are-"

"I didn't mean the only dinosaur Fluttershy, I meant that I'm the only hybrid in this world. There aren't any other creatures like me."

"Oh," both ponies said in surprise.

"I just wish that there were other creatures that are similar to me that I could bond with."

"That is a problem, I've never met another hybrid in this world. At least, not one that couldn't be friendly. Do you have any ideas Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy thought long and hard about all the creatures she had met and befriended over the years. Unfortunately there weren't any creatures she knew of that were hybrids like Indominus, except for one particular friend. A friend that had caused trouble for Ponyville in the past, but she had changed him for the better.

"I do have somepony in mind Rainbow Dash, but I'm not sure you'll agree to having him around."

"Him? Who are you talking about Fluttershy?"

The ponies huddled together and Fluttershy told Rainbow who she had in mind. When the name got mentioned, Rainbow pulled away in disgust which surprised Indominus.

"You can't be serious Fluttershy. Out of all the creatures you know, HE's the one you plan on introducing to Indominus?"

"But he's the closest to a hybrid that we'll ever get. Besides it could do him some good to make a new friend himself."

"Yeah that's nice and all, but he could cause trouble again, and I don't want him messing with my fiance."

"Please Rainbow Dash, just give him a chance. Indominus might help him improve more if we gave them time to bond."

Rainbow didn't like the idea, but there really wasn't any other option.

"Oh alright, we'll go with your idea. But how are we going to get in touch with him? We don't know where he lives."

"That's why I send him letters every now and again."

Huh, so I guess he wasn't lying about them writing letters to each other after all, Rainbow thought to herself.

"Indominus," Fluttershy said to the hybrid. "When we get back to the cottage I'm going to write a letter to a special friend of mine and ask him to come over tomorrow. He'll meet us at the cottage and you two will get to spend the day bonding and getting to know one another."

"Anything you can tell me about this friend you have in mind Fluttershy?"

"Well, he's a lot like you, and he is also the only one of his kind. He's a different kind of hybrid. He is also known for his near limitless supply of power."

"Oh now this sounds promising. I can't wait to meet him tomorrow."

Later that day, while Indominus and Rainbow were chillaxing in the cottage, Fluttershy wrote out her letter to her special friend. When the mail pony arrived to pick it up, he was a little horrified by the address.

"You don't mean I have to get this to HIS dimension, do you?"

"Yes, I need him to be here tomorrow so he and Indominus can meet."

"Ok, if I have to I'll get the letter to him."

The mail pony set off to deliver Fluttershy's letter, but dreaded having to step hoof into the dimension that belonged to the friend she had in mind.


Meanwhile, in a far off dimension that was so out of wack and topsy turvey that no pony would dare set foot it in. Strange and bizarre creatures flew about the domain, but none of them were as strange as the one who ruled the domain. On a floating hill in the center of the dimension was a rather common house for such a weird place. Inside the house, the master of the dimension was going about his usual laid back routine when he wasn't plotting how to mess with his friends.

"Oh what a lovely chaotic day this has been. I wonder what Equestria has in store for me tomorrow. Pity that it isn't Tuesday already, I really would like to spend some alone time with Fluttershy again."

Discord was going about his home, tending to his daily backwards chores and concocting new ways to mess with Twilight or her friends. He hadn't really come up with any new ideas since the Blue flue incident. He was right in the middle of 'cleaning' the dishes when he heard screaming coming from outside.

"Oh goody. The mail has arrived, I wonder who wrote to me this time, as if I need to guess."

Discord materialized outside his house and snagged the mail pony, who was drifting helplessly through the dimension.

"Were you perhaps looking for me?"

"Getting around this place is still so confusing. By the way, you've got a letter from Ponyville."

Discord eagerly took the envelope, tore it open with gravity and pulled out the letter. He only had to glance at the writing to know which pony had sent it.

"Yes! A letter from Fluttershy, just what I needed."

"Now that you've got your mail, think you could tell me how to get out of this place?"

"Take a left at the bottomless trap hole and you'll make it back safely. But keep your eyes open for the grey wolf anacondas, it's their dinner time."

Discord let go of the mail pony who drifted off in the direction of the bottomless trap hole, and materialized back inside his home. He was far too eager to ignore Fluttershy's letter, so he got comfy on the couch and began reading at once.

"Hmm, let's see what Fluttershy wrote to me about.

Dear Discord,

I'm writing to you because I have a new friend in Ponyville that I would like you to meet. He's a very fascinating creature and I'm sure the two of you would get along great. He's strong, fast, and has unique power like yours. Though there is something you need to know about him, he's the only one of his kind, just like you. Today he told me that he was hoping for a friend that he could relate to, and I thought you could be the one to cheer him up. He and Rainbow Dash will be meeting me at the cottage tomorrow morning, it would be great if you could tag along and get to know him. He might just become a close friend of yours.

Love,

Fluttershy."

For once in his life, Discord was in disbelief at the friend Fluttershy had described. He had seen many creatures during his time in Equestria, but he couldn't think of any that could match the one that Fluttershy had talked about. Claiming that there was a creature that was similar to him and had great power of his own was fascinating to the Lord of Chaos.

"Now this I simply must see for myself. I look forward to meeting this new friend of yours Fluttershy. I'll know for sure if he truly is as grand as you claim he is."

Discord went to bed that evening, thinking about what this new creature could be. He had no idea how much of a surprise he and Indominus would be in for on the following day.


The following morning, Fluttershy had gotten out of bed and was in the living room tending to her animals when she heard a small bang. She turned around and found Discord hanging from the ceiling like a bat, only his head was turned right side up.

"Discord, I'm glad you could make it today." The draconaquess floated down from the ceiling and corrected his body.

"It is my pleasure Fluttershy, after I read your letter last night I simply couldn't wait to meet this mysterious friend of yours. So, when is he supposed to be here?"

"He and Rainbow Dash are on their way, they'll be here shortly."

"Can you fill me in on what he's like? The details of your letter were rather vague about him, so I'd like to know more about him."

"Well, he's very different from any other creature you've met before. He's kind of like you, in that he has the qualities of many different animals. He was called a hybrid at some point in his life."

"Hybrid? Now I get why you said he was like me. He's made of different parts of animals too."

"In a way he is, you really have to see him for yourself Discord."

At that moment the pegasus and Lord of Chaos heard rumbling in the distance. That was the tell tale sign that Indominus and Rainbow were getting close.

"What in the world is that racket?"

"That's the creature I want you to meet Discord. Judging by how loud the rumbling is, I'd say he and Rainbow are almost here."

Discord materialized outside of the cottage by the fence that cut off Fluttershy's home from the Everfree Forest. Fluttershy followed him out and as the rumbling got even louder, she had one important piece of advice of Discord.

"I have to warn you, he might be a bit intimidating at first. Whatever you do, don't attack him on sight Discord. It might make him really angry."

"I'll believe how intimidating he is when I see him Fluttershy," Discord said over the roaring rumbles.

The Lord of Chaos was about to wish he hadn't said that, because Rainbow Dash burst through the trees a minute later. She called back into them for her fiance.

"Come on Indominus! You can run faster than that, keep up with me."

A second later Indominus blasted out of the forest and chased his girl to Fluttershy's cottage. Discord was caught by surprise at the sheer size and power as the dinosaur charged forward. Indominus slowed to a stop as he caught sight of Discord, and instantly felt on edge. The two hybrids gave each other deep stares and low growls. Fluttershy and Rainbow intervened to try and prevent a brawl from happening.

"Easy Discord, I told you he could be a bit intimidating at first sight."

"It's ok Indominus, this is the special friend Fluttershy was telling you about yesterday."

The draconequus pulled his head back in surprise and looked at Fluttershy like she had said something taboo to him.

"You can't be serious Fluttershy, this is the creature you wanted me to befriend? How can he possibly be similar to me? We look nothing alike."

"Don't you dare talk about him like that, Dipcord. He's a lot more capable than you think."

Discord was about to respond to Rainbow's comment when he spotted the Arkenstone ring around her neck. It caught him off guard to find out that Rainbow was engaged.

"Well now Rainbow Dash, I never fancied you the kind that would find a stallion and settle down. Yet this ring is a true marvel, it's better than all the jewels in Equestria. Who picked out such a killer ring for you?"

"You're looking at him right now."

Discord's gaze drifted to the hybrid dinosaur behind Rainbow Dash and he burst into a laughing fit.

"Y-Y-You expect me to believe, that an animal like that went into a shop, hand picked this stellar ring and proposed to you? HA HA HA, now that is priceless."

Indominus had had enough of the snide banter, and decided it was his turn to speak.

"Clearly you jump the gun too easily on everything, don't you?"

The Lord of Chaos stopped himself when he heard Indominus talk. Hearing the deep and powerful voice was almost too much for Discord to comprehend.

""D-D-Did he just t-t-talk?"

"I can do more than that, I'm unlike anything you've ever seen before."

Indominus stepped back so he could give a little demonstration of his power. He threw his head into the sky and released a blast from his jaws. Discord's eyes shrunk as the blast erupted from Indominus's jaws and shook the ground beneath him. Fluttershy hadn't been wrong about him having unique power, and it made the draconequus curious to see what else he could do.

"There, is that enough proof for you," Indominus said after he had finished his display.

"Almost, I'll need to dig a little deeper to find out your story."

"Huh, what are you-" Indominus was suddenly cut off as his and Discord's eyes went stone white.

Fluttershy and Rainbow could only watch as the strange moment took place. Discord was tapping into Indominus's memory, to see everything that the dinosaur had experienced. From the time he spent with Scootaloo and the Crusaders to his fight against Black Death with the dinosaurs, bonding with Rainbow Dash and proposing to her at the Gala. When Discord was done he looked shaken, all of Indominus's memories had been powerful and had rattled his very being. He was brought back to reality when Indominus grabbed him by the neck.

"You've got a lot of nerve looking inside my mind. What gives you the right to look at my memories?"

Discord snapped his fingers and reappeared out of Indominus's grip.

"I merely wanted to see what you've experienced, and now I can see that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are right. You even fought a killer dragon, and I'm curious to see what kind of chaos you can cause when you really get into it."

"Discord!" Fluttershy jabbed him in the side for being so rude.

"What was that for?"

"That was for looking into his mind and for not even bothering to introduce yourself properly. If you want him to show his power, then introduce yourself to him and see if he will."

Indominus took notice of how Discord didn't argue back with Fluttershy. He even noticed the gentle look in Discord's eyes like he didn't want to upset her or make her angry with him.

"Is he always like this around her," Indominus whispered to Rainbow Dash.

"He spent the most time around her when he was being reformed, and even stayed in her house. Personally I don't care for it, but she doesn't mind so I let it slide. I still keep my eyes on him whenever he's around."

Rainbow then parted as Discord made his way back towards Indominus. There was still tension in the air, so this meeting wasn't going to be as peaceful as when Indominus got to meet the citizens of Ponyville.

"Greetings great creature, I know we got off on the wrong foot, so how about we start over? I'm Discord, Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. What is your name?" Indominus took note of Discord's attempt at being polite, and decided he would give the draconequus a chance.

"I'm Indominus Rex, the Untamable King. I was sent here along with my brother and sisters by Princess Luna to look after Scootaloo and be her savior."

Discord remembered seeing that Luna had indeed contacted the dinosaurs. It baffled him how she had brought different creatures into Equestria, but he didn't care, for Indominus was already becoming more fascinating to him.

"We have such marvelous titles don't we, Lord of Chaos, Untamable King, we might as well just say we're the most powerful creatures in Equestria. But I don't want to get off track, Fluttershy mentioned that you are made of different animals, yet I can't tell by looking at you. Care to give some detail from your own perspective?"

"Oh, well I was made from the DNA of at least ten different kinds of animals. Their traits and characteristics are part of me."

Indominus gestured to the visible features that stood out and told Discord about how each part was from a different animal or dinosaur. The more Indominus talked, the more fascinated Discord became with the hybrid, and the more the tension between the two dissipated. Fluttershy was giving Rainbow Dash a very sly and smug look at seeing how the two were progressing.

"What did I tell you Rainbow Dash, they seem to be getting along great."

"For now, but I still don't trust Discord."

"Well can you at least go along with this for Indominus? He finally has somepony similar to him that he can spend time with."

As much as Rainbow hated to admit it, Fluttershy had a point. Indominus and Discord were actually holding a decent conversation with each other, and not going at each others throats. The earlier tension between them was gone and the two were slowly but surely, forming a friendship of their own. Then Rainbow overheard Discord ask Indominus a rather embarrassing question.

"So, how did a dinosaur like you manage to win over a pony like Rainbow Dash? Last I checked, she wasn't into romance."

"Why should I tell you when you can see the event that led to us developing feelings for each other yourself?"

Discord couldn't believe that Indominus was now giving him permission to see his memory. The hybrid chose the night where he and Rainbow Dash fought off Scootaloo's parents, and Discord was wowed by the teamwork between them. Seeing how they had fought so in sync with one another, and Indominus's kind gestures towards her made Discord see just how much they had fallen for each other that night.

"Wow. That was something, now I can see why she likes you so much. I also see that you're quite the fighter. Is fighting the only thing you do for fun around here?"

"Sometimes, other times consist of training, hunting, going on crazy adventures or spending time with my family."

"Adventures you say, I think I have something that you'll like. Just wait here for one minute,"

Discord disappeared and nopony could see where he went. The group saw a giant white flash in the distance, and Discord reappeared a second later.

"Ponies and Indominus, if you would be so kind as to follow me. I have created something that is sure to peak your interest."

Indominus, Rainbow and Fluttershy began following Discord through the forest to the unknown destination that he had in mind. Along the way Rainbow Dash was starting to dread what sort of idea Discord had in mind. Anything with him involved usually meant that she or her friends would get drawn into something crazy or silly. When they cleared the forest, her thoughts were confirmed at the sight before them.

"Love what I made? It does look fabulous and chaotic."

Right in front of them was a massively long brick bridge that led to a dark and demented castle that could put Celestia and Luna's old one to shame. The sky around the castle had been changed to a dark shade of red to display the ominous feeling the dark domain was giving off. There were even demonic looking creatures roaming about on the bridge and around the dark castle. All around the castle was a massive pool of boiling lava that added to the devilish appearance. Discord looked back at Rainbow and Fluttershy and found they were both shocked by the appearance of the castle he had made.

"I give to all of you, the castle known as Dark Sanctuary. This castle will be where Indominus and I are going to spend our afternoon of bonding."

"This is how we're going to bond? By going through a castle and fighting with monsters, ghouls and horrific creatures? I'm totally down for it!"

"Excellent! I hope you ladies like it, because you're about to be part of this little adventure we're going to embark on."

"What are you talking about Discord?"

The Lord of Chaos snapped his fingers and Rainbow and Fluttershy found themselves trapped in a cage.

"Discord what are you doing!?"

"Easy Fluttershy, you won't be in any real danger. Me and Indominus are simply going to go through the castle, fight the enemies within and rescue you two from the boss inside. If at any point you feel too scared I will gladly dis-spell the whole thing and transport you to safety. I just thought Indominus would appreciate some excitement getting to fight monsters and rescue his girl from danger."

"You saying I need somepony to rescue me Discord? I've gotten myself out of worse situations before."

"Well Rainbow, if you want to join in on the fun you're more than welcome to," Indominus said while giving his girl a wink to imply what he meant. Rainbow knew what he was talking about and agreed.

Discord gave the ponies a mirror to keep in touch with them during their little adventure and teleported them inside the dark castle. Then he and Indominus began making their way on the brick path that led to their destination. Along the way, Indominus was getting more curious about what Discord had set up inside that demented castle of his. Then he got an idea of how he could get Discord in on the fun.

"I trust that I'm not going to be partaking in this little trip by myself, am I?"

"I'm not leaving you to take on this alone, I'll simply be watching you enjoy yourself from the sidelines."

"What, you're afraid to showcase your power to me? From what Fluttershy told me, you seemed like the type that wouldn't sit back and watch."

The snide comment caused Discord to materialize in front of Indominus. The hybrid had a smug look on his face, being around Rainbow for so long had taught him how to tug at the nerves of others in a good way.

"You take me for a coward or some lowly weakling? I'm Discord! The Spirit of Chaos and DIsharmony, my power is far greater than what most ponies can comprehend."

Indominus still had the smug look on his face, he knew that he was pulling the right strings. It would only take one more remark to get Discord to join him on the adventure.

"If you're as powerful as you claim to be, then prove it. Fight with me on this adventure and show me what you're made of. Who knows, I might even show you some of my hidden strengths."

Discord had to admire the dinosaur's wit and humor. Indominus was proving to be quite the interesting creature after all.

"Alright, consider it a deal."

The two hybrids shook hands on it and continued on their way. The closer they got to Dark Sanctuary, the more red the sky became and the more sinister the castle itself appeared to be. Indominus noticed that a group of six horrific creatures in armor were heading for them, carrying weapons, Discord called out to him.

"Here they come Indominus, first up is lizard demons."

Indominus was ready for the scaly halflings and charged ahead. He started by smacking half of them into the lava below and clamping down on two in his jaws. The third got dispatched by a bolt of lightning from Discord. Seeing their fellow kin being slaughtered caused the other demonic creatures in the vicinity to charge towards the hybrids. That was when things really got underway, and the two were unknowingly forming their friendship.

Discord was unleashing a volley of fireballs and lightning strikes, burning and electrocuting everything that came close. He had to admit that he did like getting to use his power in a uniquely chaotic way. Indominus was firing his blasts and taking out all the demonic creatures that tried to get in close. The two hybrids were having a swell time destroying the monsters and sending them into the fiery lava below. Indominus however, wanted to see what was behind the castle doors and charged for them.

Discord watched in amazement as Indominus ran towards a volley of arrows and fireballs. Most of them missed and he incinerated the ones that got too close with his blasts. Any creatures that tried to slow him down were crushed under his feet, torn apart or just thrown into the lava. The lizard demons began to realize that Indominus wasn't going to slow down, so they only had one choice.

"Gang way! Run for your lives! He's going to crash through the door!"

Indominus barreled his way through the remaining creatures and smashed right through the castle doors. Discord had a dumbstruck expression on his face, and pulled out the mirror to contact Rainbow and Fluttershy. From the look on Discord's face, Rainbow could tell that Indominus had shaken him up a bit.

"What's up, is my fiance's power to much for you Discord?"

"I just have to know, is he always like this? He just took on a small army of lizard demons, knocked a bunch of flying rats out of the sky and bulldozed down a pair of steel castle doors. Not too many creatures can pull off these feats."

"That's Indominus for you Discord, he's a natural born powerhouse. It's not wise to cross him, or you'll end up in serious trouble."

"I'll make a note of that, catch you girls later, I've gotta catch up to him."

Discord put the mirror away and went into the castle after Indominus. He found the hybrid just standing in the middle of a great hall with staircases that led everywhere. Indominus seemed mesmerized by the decor within the castle, the walls were fiery red with claw marks, bloodied trophies and dark curtains hanging from the ceiling.

"What kind of creature is living in a kingdom like this?"

"You'll find out once we get to his chamber at the top of the castle. He's known as the Ultimate Obedient Fiend, I picked him to run Dark Sanctuary with a fist of great evil. Any creature that wanders into this domain either becomes another one of his lackeys, or ends up becoming his next meal."

"You know a creature this deadly, and you put Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy in his throne room!?" Indominus was about to call Discord out on such a careless mistake, when the Lord of Chaos continued.

"Relax Indominus, I made a deal with him while I was getting the castle over here. He agreed to play along, and if he does anything to Fluttershy, I'll tear his arms off and send him back to the pit I dragged him from." Judging by the seriousness in Discord's tone regarding Fluttershy, Indominus knew he wouldn't put them in any real danger.

The Lord of Chaos and Untamable King began making their way through the castle to reach the Ultimate Fiend's chamber. Along the way up the seemingly endless staircase they encountered dozens of monsters that Indominus never expected to face. His power allowed him to vanquish them easily and Discord's additional power made the trek not so exhausting. But the dinosaur felt nervous about what was waiting for them at the top of the castle. If Discord could create such a horrifying castle, there was no telling what the ruler he had chosen looked like.

Finally they came to a tall red door at the top of the staircase, with ancient markings on it that looked intimidating even to Indominus.

"Brace yourself Indominus, this is one monster you'll really enjoy fighting."

The giant doors opened slowly and the duo heard a deadly, demonic voice calling from inside.

"Enter my chamber if you dare, fools." The demonic tone didn't deter Indominus as he and Discord walked through the open doors. The sight of the chamber before them was almost more than Indominus could take.

The inside of the throne room was far bigger than Indominus had expected. The room was expansive enough to hold an explosive fight within it. Bones and bloody remains were scattered all along the floor and disfigured heads were dangling from the ceiling and dripping blood. The monster at the center of it all, sitting on his dark and twisted throne was truly a deadly sight to behold.

He was far bigger than Indominus or Discord, his skin tone was blood red, he had a body packed with massive muscles, and on the center of his chest was a closed mouth of fangs. He had two horns jutting out of both sides of his head, even a third eye right in the middle of his forehead. There was also a ghastly blue aura that seemed to encircle him. Discord had indeed outdone himself, for this was the creature he had told Indominus that they would fight. The monster before them was the Ultimate Obedient Fiend.

"So, this is the beast you've brought to fight me Discord? He certainly is different from all the other creatures I've faced," the Fiend proclaimed.

"Yes he is quite a marvel isn't he. He easily wiped out every single creature we fought on the way up here."

"That's nice and all, but now you two will have to face off against my strongest servants if you want to get your precious pegasi back." Hearing the Fiend's statement caught Discord off guard.

"Wait, what have you done with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash?"

"Oh, I've done nothing to them," the Fiend pulled out the cage that held Rainbow and Fluttershy from behind a curtain. "I've merely decided that if neither of you can beat me or my minions, then I simply get to keep these two appetizers."

Discord's mind nearly went blank when he heard that the Obedient Fiend planned on keeping Rainbow and Fluttershy if he and Indominus didn't beat him.

"Have you forgotten that I'm the one that brought you here in the first place? I won't let you keep Fluttershy!" Discord charged forward, but the Ultimate Fiend fired a fireball so fast the draconaquess didn't even see it coming. The Lord of Chaos was sent flying back and smacking into the wall. Fluttershy was horrified at seeing Discord being attacked by such a monster.

"You're in my domain now Discord, your rules don't apply to me. Now you two will fight against my strongest servants, come forth monsters!"

As Indominus helped Discord back up, they were horrified to see that the walls around the Ultimate Obedient Fiend were being torn open and ripped apart. The dinosaur could hear all sorts of growls coming from each of the rips in the walls. Multiple monsters were making their way into the throne room, Indominus was going to need Discord's help on this one.

"Discord, do you have any idea what monsters he's bringing into the chamber?"

"I really wish I knew, he's rebelled against me and has gotten some backup. I don't know what kind of monsters the Fiend is bringing here, but we're going to be in for one heck of a fight."

"You've got to stand up and fight Discord. Fluttershy means as much to you as Rainbow does to me. Let's work together and save our girls from this beast."

"Gladly Indominus. Now we'll both get the chance to see each other's power."

The hybrids got back on their feet as they saw monsters coming out of the walls. The monsters consisted of a group of lizard monsters, two of which were decked out in armor and had weapons like blades on their arms or carrying a battleaxe.



Four fiend monsters and a pair of brawny beast battle guards, each one packed with muscle and jaws full of teeth.





A pair of dragons that Indominus had never seen before, but the last pair of monsters sent chills down the dinosaur's spine.


A giant demonic monster with bones, far too much muscle and three masks with glowing red eyes. The other was a dark ghost monster with the face of a demonic wolf and glowing red eyes.

The Ultimate Obedient Fiend stood up and began announcing each of the monsters that were present.

"What do you boys think of my strongest monsters? In the reptile group you have Armored Lizard, Garoozis and Rude Kaiser. The demonic fiends are Summoned Skull, Zera the Mant, Zoa and King of Yamimakai. The brutish beasts are called Swamp and Lava Battle guards. The deadly dragons are called Tyrant Dragon and Red-Eyes Black Dragon. Last but not least, the most dangerous monsters of the group. The legendary Masked Beast Des Gardius and the ghost monster known only as Judgement of Anubis. If you want get your precious ponies back, you'll have to get through all of them first."

Discord and Indominus were severely outnumbered, two of them against thirteen deadly monsters and a Fiend that had the power to turn against the Lord of Chaos. Indominus would have to be careful about how much power he would use in each fight, he didn't want to use the Immortal Phoenix if he didn't have to. His attention was brought back to the dilemma at hand when Zera and Summoned Skull stepped forward.

"That settles it, Summoned Skull and Zera will have the first crack at you two. Hopefully you boys can last against my servants, now ATTACK!"

Indominus chose to fight against Zera while Discord dealt with the Summoned Skull. Zera and Indominus were engaged in a slashing fight with their strengths being near equal. Indominus had to stay more out of range to avoid Zera's deadly claws. Discord and Summoned Skull were throwing lightning strikes back and forth, each of them trying to get the upper claw. Fluttershy and Rainbow could only watch from the cage, if Rainbow used her power then Fluttershy would be helpless to defend herself against the Fiend. The hybrids broke away from the fiendish monsters to try and come up with a plan of attack.

"Discord tell me, is it possible for you to absorb lightning?"

"What kind of question is that, yes I could do it if I wanted to. What's the point of that question?"

"Here's my plan." Indominus whispered his attack strategy to Discord, and the draconaquess had a huge grin on his face afterwards.

"That's a lovely plan of attack Indominus. You have quite the brain behind that scaly hide, now let's see if it works."

Indominus's plan was out into motion when Summoned Skull launched a lightning strike at both of them. The hybrids stood their ground and took the attack head-on. The Ultimate Obedient Fiend couldn't believe what Indominus and Discord were doing. Seeing them taking the attack head-on was entertaining, thinking that they were simply trying to kill themselves. Until he noticed that something else was taking place during the attack.

Indominus and Discord weren't just taking the lightning, they were absorbing it into their bodies. The process was also draining the Summoned Skull of his strength, they were weakening him while getting stronger at the same time. Zera saw what was happening and went in to attack Indominus, but it only led to disaster for him. Indominus broke away from the attack and rammed a lightning fist through Zera's chest. As soon as Indominus's strike happened, Discord had finished draining the last of the Summoned Skull's power.

Both monsters had been weakened and drained of strength, now the hybrids had the perfect opportunity for a comeback. Using the speed from the lightning they had absorbed, Indominus and Discord grabbed the weakened monsters by the heads, threw them into the air and blasted them. Their enhanced power went right through Zera and Summoned Skull and vaporized the monsters. They turned back towards the group of monsters and roared at them in victory.

"This is getting more fun with every minute Discord. I'm glad I got to meet you," said Indominus.

"The feeling is very much mutual Indominus, I would've never pegged you for a strategist as well as a fighter. I'm learning a lot from you."

"Grr. Battleguards, go and attack them!"

The beastly battleguards charged forward wielding their clubs, but their opponents weren't fazed. Indominus and Discord were far stronger than either monsters and stopped them dead in their tracks with a single ounch to the gut each.

"This is quite embarrassing, you two are better than this."

"We have far more power and strength than either of you brutes."

The battleguards were knocked out cold with devastating blows to the head. Indominus didn't feel that they were worth destroying, and so he and Discord moved on to the remaining monsters. The Obedient Fiend was becoming frustrated, four of his monsters had been beaten so easily while Indominus and Discord weren't even tired. It was time to send out a stronger force.

"Lizards and Dragons, go and slaughter those fools!"

Now it was five against two, but Indominus had a feeling he could make most of those monsters join him and Discord. Armored Lizard, Garoozis and Tyrant Dragon went after Indominus while Red-Eyes and Rude Kaiser tried tangling with Discord. This was the perfect time for Indominus to use his power.

"You boys don't know what you're dealing with. I'm about to show all of you why no creature crosses me or takes my girl."

Indominus roared in the throne room and lightning started erupting from within him. Discord was holding off Rude Kaiser and Red-Eyes when they heard the loud roar. Seeing the red aura, the spikes sprouting along his back and the massive wings was enough to make Discord's jaw drop. Red-Eyes was quivering at the sight of Indominus, he looked like a powerful dragon. Rainbow and Fluttershy had pleased looks on their faces at seeing Indominus showcase his true strength.

"That's my fiance."

"You must be glad to have him and not Soarin, right Rainbow?"

"Oh yeah, Soarin would never last even ten seconds in a fight like this. He'd probably get his wing smashed by those monsters and be road kill. Go get em Indominus!"

Hearing Rainbow's cheer brought a smile to Indominus and he bellowed his deadly roar at his opponents. Garoozis and Armored Lizard bowed before him, but Tyrant Dragon retaliated with a fire blast. Instead of countering with a blast of his own, Indominus decided to show the wannabe how powerless he truly was. The hybrid opened his mouth and began swallowing the fire heading his way. It was the same thing that happened to Summoned Skull, Indominus was taking away Tyrant Dragon's fire power.

Discord was unleashing a torrent of blasts and attacks on his opponents. Rude Kaiser was getting worn down from the barrage, but Red-Eyes was proving to be more agile and maneuverable than he thought. The black dragon kept getting distracted by Indominus's power, and suddenly out of nowhere, he ditched his fight with Discord and went towards the hybrid. Discord called out to his hybrid partner as he got tangled with the blade wielding lizard again.

"Indominus, watch it! Red-Eyes is heading your way."

Out of the corner of his eye, Indominus spotted the black dragon heading for him. He was charging up a fire blast of his own, and Indominus was stuck. He was still in the process of taking away Tyrant Dragon's power and couldn't move. Indominus watched as Red-Eyes launched his fire blast and the attack went after not him, but Tyrant Dragon. The monster never saw the blast coming as he was blindsided and pushed away.

Indominus swallowed up the remaining fire and stared at Red-Eyes as the dragon touched down beside him.

"Why did you help me? Aren't you supposed to be fighting against me?"

"It's because you have a great deal of potential. I want to learn under your wing to become a great and strong dragon."

"You know that I'm not really a dragon, right Red-Eyes?"

"You're more of a dragon than that monster will ever be."

Indominus could see a lot of hope and determination in the dragon's red eyes. So he decided to take a chance.

"Help us win against these monsters and I'll train you."

Red-Eyes accepted Indominus's agreement and the two combined their blasts to finish off Tyrant Dragon. The overwhelming power was too much for the dragon and it destroyed his body. Discord saw Indominus and Red-Eyes work together and decided that he needed to get in on the action himself. He seized the Rude Kaiser's arms and held him above the ground.

"You've become nothing but an annoyance to me, now I'll end your life."

Everyone heard Rude Kaiser screaming out in pain as Discord tore the monster's limbs away. The crippled monster fell with blood pouring out from the severed limbs, and Discord decided to finish the job. He fired a blast straight down and destroyed the crippled shell of a monster. Then he materialized alongside Indominus, who was now tending to the lizard warriors before him.

"Tell me lizards, do you really want to fight me, or would you rather help us take down that behemoth and the remnants of his minions?"

Armored Lizard and Garoozis continued to submit to Indominus, and he took that as their answer. He gestured out an arm for them, telling them to stand and fight with him. The lizard warriors took the hybrid's arm and stood back up, now they were ready to take on the Obedient Fiend's remaining servants. The Fiend was really furious now, it was one thing for his servants to die, but for them to switch sides, now it was becoming a pain.

"That is the final straw! Fiends, Masked Beast and Judgement of Anubis, get them!"

Zoa and King of Yamimakai were hesitant after they had witnessed how easily Indominus had destroyed Tyrant Dragon. His tremendous power had rattled the dark hearts of fiends, but Masked Beast Des Gardius and Judgement of Anubis charged ahead of the paralyzed fiends.

"Discord, you handle the demonic ghost, I've got the three headed beast."

Indominus and the Masked Beast were throwing punches left and right at each other. This monster was far stronger than the others, he could hold his own in a fight. The other monsters tried attacking to help Indominus, but the beast's hide was too tough and reinforced to be penetrated by the claws. Red-Eyes was striking with fire blasts, but not even his attacks were getting through. The only damage that was getting through was Indominus's punches and his power was helping immensely.

Judgement of Anubis was a new kind of foe for Discord, he had never fought against a demonic wolf ghost before. None of his attacks did any damage, they just went right through the ghost's shape. The ghost's attacks couldn't strike Discord fast enough, he was more than capable of dodging the strikes. Yet the Lord of Chaos had his own intelligence and was already working on how to destroy the ghastly opponent.

Discord fired a ball of light at the ghost, and Judgement of Anubis recoiled from the attack. It seemed to weaken him, and that's when Discord knew how to defeat his foe. He concentrated a good deal of power into his hands, and then released it into an expanding sphere that began to eat away at Judgement of Anubis. The ghostly dog monster couldn't hide away from the light, and his body was being disintegrated. Before long the ghost had been disposed of and was gone, now that only left one monster for them to beat.

Discord joined in on fighting the Masked Beast, who had gotten backup. Zoa and King of Yamimakai where now fighting alongside him, and the lizards and Red-Eyes were taking them on. The dragon was busy countering the dark fiend's electric attacks, and the lizard warriors were doing their best to fight against Zoa's strength. The blue fiend had Armored Lizard pinned and was about to strike him down when Discord blasted him away.

The lizard looked at Discord in disbelief, to which the Lord of Chaos simply said.

"I don't really care for you guys much, but if Indominus is willing to spare your lives, you can't be all that bad,"

Zoa was charging at them and about to pounce when Discord trapped him in a bubble. The fiend was trapped and couldn't escape, that gave Discord time to talk some common sense into the monster. Zoa was clawing wildly at the inside, trying to get loose. Discord merely looked into the bubble and spoke to the fiend inside.

"Tell me, do you honestly think you stand a chance against me? I can wipe you from reality and you wouldn't even know it."

Zoa stopped clawing and looked at Discord in shock.

"That's better, now how about you help us out and start fighting for the winning team? I'll find a place for all of you in my dimension. It can be a home for you if you and your friend decide to help us fight the Obedient Fiend."

The fiend nodded his head and agreed to Discord's proposition. Discord deactivated the bubble, and Zoa made a beeline for King of Yamimakai. The fiend was still fighting with the lizard warriors and was about to fire another blast when Zoa tackled him. The blast veered away and impacted against the Masked Beast, who was still holding his own against Indominus. King of Yamimakai was going to retaliate when Zoa growled at him.

Zoa told him about what Discord had said, and the monster glanced over at Indominus who was giving Des Gardius a serious run for his money. The fiend was starting to think that Indominus would make a better master than the Obedient Fiend. Even King of Yamimakai and Zoa had switched sides, the Ultimate Obedient Fiend was truly furious with how Indominus was convincing his minions to change sides. Now all of his remaining monsters were overwhelming the Masked Beast, and Indominus was about to give it the coup de grace.

Discord and the monsters blinded the beast with simultaneous attacks, and then tossed him over Indominus. The hybrid charged up one more blast, and fired. His power pierced Des Gardius and annihilated the monster for good. Their victory didn't last long because a steady applause came from the throne.

"Bravo, you've managed to kill most of my minions and convinced the remaining half to turn on me. However this fight isn't over yet, now you must face me." The Fiend fired multiple blasts from his hands so fast that only Discord and Indominus had time to dodge them. All the other monsters were blasted away and hit the walls. The Ultimate Fiend leaped off his throne and headed straight for Indominus, now the true fight was underway.

Indominus locked hands with the Fiend, who had a great deal of strength of his own. His immense size gave him an advantage over Indominus, but the hybrid's strength was able to make up for that. Discord could see Indominus struggling with holding back the Fiend, and decided that he needed to strike back. He grew to the size of Indominus and grabbed one of the Fiend's arms, which took him by surprise.

"You may be able to handle one of us, but not when we take on you together, right Indominus?"

"Right Discord, and it looks like some back up has finally come to their senses."

Discord saw what Indominus was talking about and they threw the Fiend in the direction of the backup. He was alarmed to see the battleguards heading for him, whom had recovered from their previous attacks. They drove their fists right into the Fiend's head and sent him flying until he smashed into a wall. With their opponent dazed, Indominus called out to all the monsters and they joined him and Discord in attacking the Fiend without mercy.

It was a pure blood fest, Indominus, Discord and all the monsters they had won over were attacking the Ultimate Obedient Fiend together, and he was not doing well. He could land a few blows, but no matter what he tried there was always one monster or another attacking him. Rainbow and Fluttershy were cheering their heads off at the spectacular sight. Fluttershy was especially pleased that Indominus and Discord had found true common ground and were getting along like friends.

"Their doing pretty good aren't they Rainbow?"

"That they are Fluttershy, and I'm thinking of getting in on the action. Being in this cage has gotten rather tedious."

"But if you fight with them, then what am I going to do?"

"You can go be around Discord, he'll keep you safe," said Rainbow. "I've seen the way he looks at you, I know he won't let anything bad happen to you. As for Indominus, if anything bad happens he'll just use the Immortal Phoenix and end this all at once."

"That's true, alright go for it Rainbow."

Rainbow Dash fired a blast at the top of the cage and she and Fluttershy flew out. Discord spotted them and materialized over and held his girl.

"Fluttershy are you alright?"

"Yes Discord, and I think you should see this. You're about to see why Rainbow and Indominus are meant to be together."

Discord saw Rainbow Dash flying in front of the Fiend's face and Indominus had a delighted look on his face. He knew that his girl was finally going to get in on the fun.

"Alright bozo, you're about to see why me and Indominus make such a fierce and strong couple."

Everyone stared in shock as Rainbow transformed and stood by Indominus. Discord had a dropped jaw and his eyes were bulging out at the sight. Fluttershy couldn't help but giggle at his reaction, they all had the same face the first time those two transformed.

"It's truly a sight to behold isn't it Discord? He gave her that power during their fight with Black Death."

"Now I understand two things. 1. Never mess with them or it'll be bad, even for me. 2. If I ever get on Rainbow's bad side again, I'll be hurting for weeks."

Indominus and Rainbow charged up blasts in their mouths and unleashed them upon the astonished monster. The Fiend was sent careening into his throne and his body destroyed it. As he got back up, he was surprised to find Indominus and Rainbow heading right for him. They rammed him through the wall and drove him outside of the castle.

"Whoa, now that is what I call power."

"We'd better follow them so you don't miss the action."

Discord and Fluttershy materialized outside of the castle and found a grand sight. Indominus and Rainbow were smacking the Obedient Fiend all over the sky and he couldn't defend himself. The transformed lovers were absolutely wrecking him all over the red sky. Discord was positively stunned at the tremendous power before him, when he heard Rainbow call out to him.

"Hey Discord, why don't you come over and join us? This is a great deal of fun!"

"She wants me to join in? Rainbow Dash, wants ME, to be part of the fight?"

"I'd call that a big step forward, you should join them."

Discord let Fluttershy fly out of his arms and zoomed over to the brawl. He joined Indominus and Rainbow in slashing up the monster that was their entertainment for the day. He'd never felt so alive in using his power in such a manner. Doing it alongside Rainbow and Indominus felt so new and yet, so enjoyable to the Lord of Chaos. The Ultimate Obedient Fiend had no way to defend himself, the multiple attacks were tearing up his body and destroying him. The trio delivered a triple punch to his head and it sent the monster crashing back into the castle.

The monsters within scattered as the Fiend came crashing through the ceiling and landed on his back. Indominus, Discord and Rainbow came speeding in after him, but the monster took them all by surprise. Despite his injuries, the Obedient Fiend fired blasts up that blinded them and punched Indominus and Discord aside while he grabbed Rainbow by the throat.

"You scoundrels! I won't be bested by such abominations! I will see to it that all of you suffer, but first, I'll make this pony suffer."

He put both hands around Rainbow's throat and began to strangle her. Indominus saw the monster strangling his girl and the room began to rumble.

"You shouldn't have done that, because now, you've provoked the Phoenix inside me!"

The monsters and Discord trembled as new, more powerful lightning surged around Indominus. The golden flames burst from within his body and began to envelop him. If Discord hadn't been scared of Indominus before, he was absolutely horrified at the dinosaur's next transformation. Seeing the Immortal Phoenix for the first time, was so surprising that Discord had no way to describe it. The Ultimate Fiend only caught the form for a split second before Indominus was upon him, and agonizing pain followed after.

Fluttershy had just flown back inside the castle when she caught sight of the horror. Indominus had punched clean through the Fiend's fang covered chest as the Immortal Phoenix. The devastating blow had caused the monster to release his grip on Rainbow Dash. Now Indominus was free to wreak his rage upon the poor monster.

His slashes cut right through the Fiend's hide like he was skinning a cow. The once cocky monster was now being ravaged by a dinosaur with the power and fury of a god. Indominus gave him a deadly slash across the face before he tossed the broken beast to the others.

"Have your fun with the creature before I end his life," he bellowed to them.

The others wasted no time in heeding Indominus' word. The battleguards smashed the beast's head over and over with their fists and clubs. Armored Lizard and Garoozis chomped and bit at the broken excuse of a Fiend. Zoa and King of Yamimakai tore away at his flesh and blasted him with relentless attacks. Red-Eyes let loose a constant torrent of fire blasts all over the Fiend's body, letting all his power and strength speak for itself. However, this wasn't their victory, it was Indominus and Discord's day to have their fun.

"Here you go Indominus, make him pay," Red=Eyes called out as he and the other monsters threw the bleeding and broken Fiend to Indominus.

The transformed hybrid caught the Ultimate Fiend by the neck with one hand. He had a crazed look in his eyes, but he spoke with complete control in his tone.

"Oh don't worry boys, I've every intention of making this monster suffer. Discord, restrain this monster so he can't pull any more tricks on us."

"With pleasure Indominus."

Discord wasted no time in conjuring up tight shackles that bolted The Ultimate Obedient Fiend to the ground, and left him motionless. Indominus stood on top of the Fiend's body and loomed over him like a predator about to devour its prey.

"You shouldn't have hurt my girl like that, she is the one pony that I would do anything for. Even transforming into a creature that has the power and rage to wipe out everything in sight. Now I'll use it to slaughter you for my day of bonding with Discord."

Discord covered Fluttershy's eyes and ears so she wouldn't have to see or hear the slaughter-fest that commenced. Indominus wasted no time in devouring the Obedient Fiend's flesh and tearing out all the massive organs in his body. The monsters were cheering him on once they saw his bloodlust take over and the flesh started to fly. It was a little too gruesome for Discord to handle, he had never seen so much carnage and bloodshed in his entire time in Equestria.

"Does this always happen whenever he wins a fight," Discord asked Rainbow Dash while seeing Indominus go crazy.

"Most of the time yes. However, it only happens to those who were unfortunate enough to provoke the animal in him. I saw plenty of bloodshed during our battle with Black Death, heck I even drew blood myself so it doesn't bother me. It's part of who he is, part of what makes him a dinosaur and my fiance."

The Fiend's head was shaking wildly as Indominus tore out more of his organs and crunched them up in his jaws. The dinosaur was having the time of his life and once he got to the heart, he knew that the ultimate blood filled bliss was about to follow. Indominus seized the heart of the Fiend in his flaming hand and held it above the dying monster.

"Once this wretched, pulsing thing of yours shatters, you will die by my claws and perish in hell. This has been fun Ultimate Obedient Fiend, but I'm afraid to say like all good things it must come to an end."

"No, you can't do this. You can't just kill-" the monster was cut short as Indominus shoved the heart into his mouth and pierced it with his teeth. The sound of his teeth crunching down and biting the heart caused it to explode. The monster growled wildly until his eyes went wide and he went limp with blood spilling out of his damaged body.

The other monsters roared in victory at Indominus's triumph over the dead beast. Indominus himself, roared into the chamber with glorious pride and the flames erupted off his body. He then turned to Discord, who was still shielding Fluttershy from the gruesome sight.

"Come on Discord, let's get these creatures out of here, and put this castle back for another day."

Without a moment's hesitation, Discord clamped his hands together and a sphere of white light began enveloping Dark Sanctuary and everything around it. When the light faded, Indominus and the others found themselves back at the edge of the forest right where the whole adventure had started. The whole afternoon had passed and the sun was beginning to set, it was time for Indominus to bid his farewells. Indominus thanked the monsters for helping him out, and promised Red-Eyes they would begin his training next month before Discord transported them back to his dimension.

Before they made their way back home, Discord had to ask the obvious question.

"Just what do you call this golden, flaming form of yours, Indominus? I've never seen anything so powerful before."

"Of course Discord, it's called the Immortal Phoenix, I gained it during my training in the Dragon Lands, it's like a power that enhances everything while protecting you from any attacks. The form grants you a kind of invincibility, but it drains your body of energy the longer you use it. So you have to limit how long you can remain in the form without burning yourself out."

"If that's the case, then why aren't you exhausted right now?"

"Because I've practiced with it over the last few months," Indominus said before dispelling the flames and returning to normal. "Now the drain isn't as hard on my body as the first time."

So the group began making their way back to Fluttershy's cottage, with Indominus and Discord chatting with each other the whole way back. They were completely cool with each other and seemed to be the best of friends. Rainbow and Fluttershy were glad to see the two hybrids had bonded so much in just one afternoon. It had been everything that Indominus had needed in an afternoon, and he looked satisfied with everything that had happened.

Once they got back to the cottage, Indominus had some important questions to ask Discord.

"Say Discord, do you think we could make this a regular thing? I really enjoyed this afternoon of fighting all those creatures, but next time, try to tone it down on the monsters? Try to find something that won't rebel against you, or try to hurt my girl."

"I hear you Indominus, and you actually want to go through an afternoon like this again?"

"Why of course, we're friends now. You treated me to a great afternoon, and we both got to see the other's potential today. We looked after our girls and protected them. Yeah, don't think I didn't see the way you've been looking at Fluttershy this whole time. We're both hybrids and we have quite a lot in common, and we make a pretty good team. Also."

"Also?"

"Also, I was wondering if you would consider being my best man at mine and Rainbow's wedding Discord."

"You want me to be your best man, Indominus?"

"Yes, I can't think of anypony else more suited than you."

"I-I'm honored that you would want me to attend such an event. I'll gladly accept your offer Indominus."

"Splendid. Now we have to do a special handshake for it."

"How so?"

Indominus whispered to Discord what their handshake would be, and the Lord of Chaos burst into laughter.

"You truly are an interesting creature Indominus. I have a feeling that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Discord and Indominus threw their heads back and fired blasts into the sky while roaring in sync with each other. When the display ended, Indominus did a claw bump with his hand and Discord's lion paw and they gave each other a thumb's up. That was their unique handshake, one that had Rainbow Dash shaking her head.

"Oh boy, this is gonna take some getting used to. But at least Indominus has found a new friend to hang with, even if it it Discord."

"You trust him a little more Rainbow Dash?"

"Well not completely, but if he proves himself overtime then he'll gain my approval. In the meantime, I'll let him and Indominus have their afternoons of extreme fun."

Indominus and Rainbow bid their farewells to Discord and Fluttershy before they made their way back home. Discord took the time to thank Fluttershy for introducing him to Indominus, now the Lord of Chaos had a friend that was just as grand as himself. He went back to his own home, thinking of new ways he and Indominus could spend their afternoons together.

The day with Discord taught Indominus a valuable lesson: even a chaotic day can be fun if you have the right companion to share it with.

Author's Note:

Alright everyone, I had to get this one-shot off my chest. Now that all my previous ideas are done, I can finally move on to the true sequel. I can promise that it will have you rooting for Indominus and Rainbow Dash, and the journey they will share as a married couple. Keep your eyes open for it. None of the picture in this one shot are mine, they all belong to their original owners.

Comments ( 1 )

I was wondering how Discord found out about Indominus! Now I know! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment