• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 7,472 Views, 1,035 Comments

Ponies and Mons - ezio dementay



The Mane Six all discover weird and wonderful creatures near their homes.

  • ...
14
 1,035
 7,472

PreviousChapters Next
nightmares

Okay so apparently, people want Luna? I will give Luna!


Luna was fast asleep, a bag of sweets were by her bed, though the sweets themselves were missing, Luna had eaten enough bonbons and hard candy’s to satisfy a rabid manticore, not out of hunger, but out of the fact she had no one to chat to, or play with for that matter, or show off a new spell that turns dresses into spiders.

She mumbled in her sleep about how she wanted a little pet to keep her company, like a spider, or maybe a little frog, but she remembered her pet hydra accidently eating Celestia’s crown, but she did get it back… many hours later, but she got it back at least.

She woke up at midnight, opened her closet and grabbed a secret teddy bear she kept from Celestia, if she found out, she would probably torment her about having a child’s toy, but she loved her little teddy, even if she was a couple thousand years too old to have one.

“Nighty, I need to go to sleep again” Luna said to her teddy, who then pretended to be the teddy, who for an odd reason had a voice similar to Celestia, only younger and more sophisticated “Well Lulu’s, you got to get a buddy, after all, when was the last time you had a friend round?” Luna looked angry and furious at her teddy “Last night for your information!” the teddy shook his head in disagreement “No, that was you, you were chatting to yourself again” Luna grabbed her teddy and went to bed, covering herself in covers and holding her teddy close and holding her shadow that was creepily whispering unknown words into her ear and…

“Who is there?!” Luna threw the covers off her and looked around, seeing nothing, she rubbed her head in confusion before going back to sleep, trying to think of some good thoughts, though she kept having an odd thought.

She was running through a darkened forest as a filly, the forest’s trees were distorted and some were on fire, with words burned onto some tree’s spelling “fear the nightmare child” but Luna could not read it as she ran through the forest, till her own shadow grabbed her and muffled screaming, with the shadow forming nightmare moon, getting her charged with dark magic as she began to charge up a powerful and deadly spell.

“Time to send little Luna to the moon all over again!” nightmare said, till something blasted her with a pulse of dark energy, sending her away for a while, while a weird shadow like creature came over to the filly Luna and stroked her caringly “they’re there child, she is gone for now” the odd shadow flicked his black wavy creepy hand and dream disappeared, with Luna waking up.
“Okay… that was weird… Nightmare usually finishes up on me… never mind” she looked at the time and saw it was about one am and she had gotten into the routine of getting woken up this early, so she looked through her telescope, and looked at the stars until she fell asleep.

“I just want a nice night of sleep, just one night” Luna said to herself, before falling asleep on the floor, holding her telescope between her hoofs like a teddy bear, or anything to keep her company.

Next morning…

Celestia entered the room and saw her sister on the floor again, picking her up with some magic and waking her up with some more magic “let me guess, nightmare a again?” Celestia asked with her usual regal tone, with Luna nodding sadly “and it was the one involving nightmare moon?” Luna nodded in sadness and got into bed and tried to get some sleep.

“You know Luna, you could go to a psychiatrist about this and-“Luna hid under the covers, curling up in a protective cocoon of blankets, pillows and anything else soft and cuddly, with Celestia sighing in defeat of Luna’s response to anything resembling a doctor, she hated how they would always examine her and have needles and such, Luna however was petrified half to death in one instance involving a doctor and several needles.

“No sister, I hate doctors remember?” Luna muttered from under the covers, popping her head out like a shy little filly.

“just think of this one as a person who makes sure your mind is all nice and safe?” Celestia said in a soothing tone, lying next to Luna and her cocoon of fluffy covers and pillows “if you go, I will get you a nice big tub of ice cream, how does that sound?” Luna opened a mini fridge she had in her room, revealing multiple tubes of ice cream “your offer is invalid sister” she said, before curling up in her covers.

“okay you know what, fine, I try to help you but never mind, you stay hidden in your covers, I’ll go tell the psychiatrist you can’t go because a princess of the night is scared of him” Celestia left the room, with Luna upset and partly angry at herself.

“Stupid Luna, why do I have to be so scared?” Luna rubbed her head furiously, to the point where smoke was coming out of her head in anger of herself.

“Nightmares child can be controlled” a voice whispered in her ear, it sounded strangely soothing but powerful to her, but she only saw a small tall standing shadow next to her bed with glowing eyes that gleamed with blood like aura to them “Simply child, I will care for you till they are gone…” the voice slowly went away, with Luna looking around the room for the weird voice.

Hours passed as she looked around the whole castle looking, some guards and maids looked at her with confused gazes as she did, but the weird voice was not around her, it had vanished, or so she had thought.

Later, Luna went to her room, she had searched every room of the castle, and she had found nothing, except Celestia’s private stash of donuts, but that’s it.

She sighed in sadness, she wanted to fall asleep soon, but the nightmare would probably wake her up again but after a while, her eyes slowly closed as she fell asleep, going to her dreams again, but this time something was off about it.

For one, no scary or distorted tree’s, instead there was only a white room filled with nothing at all, all that was there was Luna and herself, though she sighed again, looking around for a sign of anything to find.

“Oh what’s the point, I have all these dreams of ether nightmares, or nothing at all… everyone is so lucky” Luna began to feel upset and sad, till her shadow moved from her body and formed a new shape in front of her, it looked like a floating dark shadow, with a blood red collar style patch around its neck, with a wavy white hair like part on his head.

The creature looked at Luna with eyes of a creepy yellow, before stroking Luna to calm her down “do not fear me Luna… I am Darkri…” Luna looked at the creature with confusion, what did it want with her, why was it in her mind, why did it want to help her, how did it know her name?


I kind of feel this chapter is weird compared to my other ones, don’t you think?

PreviousChapters Next