• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 7,463 Views, 1,035 Comments

Ponies and Mons - ezio dementay



The Mane Six all discover weird and wonderful creatures near their homes.

  • ...
14
 1,035
 7,463

PreviousChapters Next
a day out with the family

Last part of the Spike arc and I know what you’re thinking, what will happen to Glaceon and the other Eevee’s? The answer is… nope. This chapter will focus of Spike and Moltres.


Spike awoke first thing in the morning, he had gotten a few hours’ sleep last night due to Moltres having a nightmare, but in any case it was time for looking after Moltres as he went upstairs with a bottle of medicine, and another book, though to be safe it was a book Twilight had spares of.

Along the way upstairs, he heard Moltres happily squeeing upstairs, like she was being tickled by something, which caused Spike to be a bit curious as he went upstairs and saw Moltres and one of Twilight’s Eevee’s playing together happily, with Eevee hugging Moltres and Moltres making some fire over Eevee’s head look like a cute little hat.

“Huh wish I could make a hat out of fire” Spike said out loud, with Moltres and Eevee both hearing and both coming up with the same idea. They got up and leapt on Spike in a hug, with Moltres hugging Spike lovingly and Eevee hugging because he loved to hug everyone, thought he smelled something from downstairs.

“Spike, breakfast is ready.” Twilight’s voice came from the breakfast, making Spike confused as he usually made some breakfast for himself and Twilight, but he shrugged this off and ran down stairs holding Moltres in his arms as he went to the breakfast table, seeing multiple plates of pancakes covered in syrup on the table, Twilight sat down with a friendly smile on her face.

“I thought today I could take you and Moltres out for some fun in the snow, I know a nice little spot just for us, and maybe we can get some nice hot chocolate from pinkie on the way back, how does that sound?” Spike looked at Twilight with a small smile, but still kept in mind what happened yesterday, but she was feeding Moltres pancakes so maybe she had changed.

“Sure Twilight, just Moltres has a thing with snow, you don’t mind if she wears a coat?” Twilight happily smiled, going to get some coats for her, Spike and Moltres “Well of course, I have the one from when you were only a little dragon, almost as small as Eevee” Spike smiled, but felt a bit confused and curious of her behaviour “Sure Twilight… this isn’t a trick is it?”

Twilight gasped at what Spike said playfully “Spike, I’m just trying to have a nice day with you that’s all” Twilight said cheerfully, before putting a coat on Moltres that didn’t burn for some reason or even get slightly crisped up, just fitting the cute flaming bird like a glove on a hoof.
“Meh, okay Twilight, if you say so, but Moltres stays with me” Moltres fluttered over to Spike’s shoulder, happily sitting on his shoulder happily while Spike tickled her chin in the way she loved most, making her smile and giggle happily.

Twilight nodded happily and opened the door for Spike and Moltres wearing a happy smile on her face, but Spike held Moltres close to himself, he wasn’t going to take the chance that Twilight was going to throw Moltres away into the snow and freeze into a solid block of ice, or get captured by a winter hydra and get turned into a winter wrap up dinner or maybe-

“Spike come on, the snow isn’t going to last forever” Twilight said, with Moltres holding onto Spike in a hug which made Twilight aww at Moltres cuteness “I’m sorry Moltres for yesterday, I promise to never do that again” Moltres looked at Twilight with both a bit of happiness and a bit of distrust, but she quickly forgot about that when she sneezed, shooting a jet of flames at Twilight's mane, burning it into a surprisingly cute design.

Moltres clapped her wings in joy and Spike laughed in pure surprise, grabbing a mirror to show the damage to Twilight's mane “I think it looks nice Twilight, what do you think” Spike held the mirror before Twilight as she looked over her mane, debating where ever or not to tell Moltres off for burning her mane, or to give the cute little bird a treat for the cute hairdo…

“Thank you Moltres for the lovely hairdo” Twilight said calmly, but rubbed her head in a spot that felt more heated than the rest of her head. Moltres checked Twilight's head for burns and found none to be seen, happily hugging Twilight around the head.

Twilight awed at Moltres’s cuteness and stroked her head caringly, not like Spike which was fatherly and lovingly, but Twilights was more like a big sister hugging her in a affectionately making Spike smile at Moltres starting to like Twilight a bit more.

Eevee leaped onto Twilights back, but then Twilight looked around for Glaceon, looking in the living room, the cookie jar and the fridge and her bedroom, before heading back downstairs to Spike looking worried and confused “Have you seen Glaceon anywhere?” she asked him, looking a bit panicked and worried for her missing Glaceon.

“Well she’s a cat, cat’s go off sometimes” the Eevee on Twilights back hugged Twilights new mane style lovingly and affectionately “and some cats are hug obsessed I think” Eevee kept hugging, his little paws playing with Twilight's mane and fur lovingly and playfully cutely that would make any mare go Aww, and Twilight was no exception “Aww Eevee, your such an affectionate little guy, aren’t you?” Eevee cheered, but Spike and Moltres were at the door “Come on you two, we don’t want to spend two hours waiting for Twilight cute overload” Twilight nodded, though she thought she didn’t over react that much, and followed Spike out of the door.

Twilight lead Spike and Moltres to a lovely little patch of Ponyville that was covered in multiple feet of snow, but the snow was hard enough from the ice and freezing conditions had made the snow as hard as concrete, but it was still good enough for what Spike had planned for Twilight, an ambush of snow , snow and more snow onto Twilight was the plan but unfortunately …

“Oh Spike…” Twilight called him from behind, before throwing a snowball at Spike that hit his face and gave him a beard made of snow, making Twilights laugh for a while, rolling on the floor in pure laughter, till Spike used his tail to swipe a wave of snow over Twilight, making Spike laugh in pure happiness too.

Moltres tried to make a snowball with her wings but due to having wings made of fire, could not make a snowball, but Eevee rolled a little snowball for Moltres, making her clap her wings in pure joy and happiness before picking it up in her mouth and throwing it at Spike, but it missed and hit the ground in front of Spike “Oh you got me!” Spike said playfully, making Moltres think she got Spike, making everyone laugh and roll on the floor in pure laughter and happiness.

“Hey mom look out!” Spike threw another snowball before covering his mouth at what he just said. “Did I just call Twilight mom!?” he thought to himself, before the snowball hit the shocked Twilight in the face.

“Spike… did you call me…” Twilight ran that word through her mind a hundred times, trying to figure out if it was accident or not. It sounded happy and truthful to her, but she saw the embarrassment on his face, making her question were whether or not he meant it or not, but she thought that the only way to get a proper answer would be to ask “Did you just call me ‘mom’?” she asked him calmly, trying to sound as surprised as Spike was.

“Umm… well…” Spike looked around, looking nervously left to right before he nodded his head whilst still looking down. When he dared to look up however, Twilight tackled him to the ground and rolled onto her back whilst clutching the baby dragon in her fore legs. Spike heard a her sobbing a bit and he saw on her face a broad smile that rivaled Pinkie’s. Her eyes were closed and no words were spoken, but no words were needed. Eevee and Moltres just stood there looking in awe at the sight that unfold. Spike leaned into her and felt a warmth coursing through his body that not even the snow could perish. When Twilight stopped crying tears of joy she gave him a tender kiss on the forehead. “It’s getting cold now, lets get some hot chocolate… my boy” Twilight said joyfully to the happy dragon.

“That sounds nice... mom” Spike replied to Twilight as both got up and headed back to the library, with Moltres and Eevee following behind with smiles on the faces as their owners took them for some delicious hot chocolate, with the rest of the day for them for being easy and relaxing.


And that’s the end of the Spike arc, man this was a fun as hell chapter to write, I wish my next chapter to be just as fun, though I question one aspect of it…

PreviousChapters Next