• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 19,358 Views, 1,434 Comments

Glory of the Sun - Celesti Lateo



|Self-Insert Fic| I thought being an Alicorn prince would be awesome, because, you know, magic and imortality and knowing souls do exist is kind of awesome, right? Eh, not so much when your new mother is a crazed wannabe goddess.

  • ...
74
 1,434
 19,358

Epiphany-Part 2

"Are you ready to depart, Prince?"

"Yes, Proper, let us go."

We're currently at the gates of the Castle, where a carriage is waiting for us. I hop on after Proper opens the door.

Proper knocks on the ceiling.

"Driver, we are ready to go."

And thus begins my first trip outside the Castle. I look around and I see the countless wonders of Celestiana: colonnades and fresco, plaza with giant sundials, great houses of marble and golds, crimson banners proudly waving in the wind and colourful gardens. Waterfalls that brings rainbows and bridges held up by statues of some legendary creatures. It's awe inspiring. I wonder if Canterlot looks anything like this?

The ponies are hardly as awesome though. Mostly unicorns nobles with earth ponies servants providing shade while they themselves slowly cook up under the Sun. There's also pegasi, but they're pretty much all guards or eye-candy servants.

After a while, we reach the outer walls of the Inner City, what would be called Canterlot in canon, since Celestiana is much bigger, if only because of the monuments. the Outer city sits at the base of the mountain, the Pillar of Heaven, a.k.a the Canterhorn. It was called that due to the city of the "Mistress of the Heavens" being built on it. Anyhow, I turn to Proper for an explanation as to why we're here.

"Proper, what are we doing at the outer walls?"

"Your gift can only be found outside of the limits of the Inner City, Prince."

Really? Oh, whatever. At least I'll get to see the Outer City.

It doesn't take long for the gates to open and let us trough, letting us proceed downward.


Hmm, I guess I shouldn't have expected much. It's... quaint. Pretty medieval-y. Maybe renaissance-y. Just stones and mortar, with shingled roofs. And an open air sewer. Eww. The streets are pretty narrow, even the one we are on.

I guess I should have expected this. After all, with Equestria obsessed with unicorns and magic, more mundane pursuits would be pushed away as irrelevant. As such, while canon!Equestria could be reasonably called modern, or at the very least Victorian, when it comes to their technology, the Empire stagnated.

"Prince, this is our stop."

Uh? I didn't even notice the carriage stopping. Proper and I get out and... ewww, the floor's all muddy. Oh shut up, okay? I lived in the Inner City for all my life, you know? Anyway.

"Can you tell me where we are going, Proper?"

"Fine, if you are so impatient, especially since it is just around the corner, I will tell you."

Finally!

"We are going to the servant market."

The what? The servant market? What kind of name is that? Hey, Proper! Wait for me!

I turn around the corner and I see cages. Hundreds. Filled with ponies. Moaning, scarred, cadaver-like ponies. And the stench. Sweat and blood and shit.

Servant Market. Servus Forum. Oh shit, servus, not sclavus. I completely forget that sclavus wasn't the original word...

Every time I heard or read "servant", it actually meant...

Slave.

'...and the Earth Ponies shall be thy servants.'

Not servant.

Slave.

She enslaved an entire tribe.

'"Choose? Are we getting a pet or something like that?"

"Hmm, I suppose you could say that."'

Not a pet. A fucking slave.

No way. I won't...

But...

I could save one...

"Prince Solus, are you coming?"

Deep breaths, you can do this. Save one. At the very least, save one.

"I'm coming, Proper."

"Now, let us walk around. Lead the way."

"Uh?"

"Well it is your choice, unless you want me to make it for you?"

"No, Proper. Let's go."

We begin wandering the "stalls". The stench is unbearable, they didn't even bother to give them latrines.

"How many do I get?"

"Two."

Good. I'll save two.

But all the others...

No! I can't do anything right now, just focus on what you can do.

I notice that earth ponies aren't the only ones in chains. There's also pegasi, and even unicorns, though their horn have been cut off. Criminals, probably. Joining them is a multitude others: Donkeys, zebras, griffins, diamond dogs...

I'm sure the Empire must have wonderful relationships with its neighbours.

I notice a baby crying.

There are babies too?

Wait, yellow, red and orange?

Is the red one... Big Mac! Little Big Mac!

I approach their cage and turn to the merchant.

"How much for these foals?"

"Ah, Your Serene Highness!" He bows low enough for his horn to scrape the ground. "You have a good eye! The red one promises to be quite the specimen when he grows up."

"What about the orange one?"

"Ah, I am afraid I will have to refuse you, my Prince. That one I'm going to keep for breeding."

Breeding? BREEDI-

Calm down.

"You are going to refuse me?"

"I would refuse even your Mother. Their bloodline is very special, the epitome of what an earth pony is. There are laws guaranteeing our right to our propriety, even from the Celestial Throne."

Oh, right. The one time Celestia fucking place a restriction on her own power, it's to protect this callise d'abomination! Fine!

"Very well, but I'd like to talk to them."

"Your Highness?"/"My Prince?"

"You heard me, now heed my command!"

"Uh, very well, Your Highness..."

He goes to the cage and opens it. I enter, if with hesitation. I am the Prince after all, are they desperate enough to try and take revenge on me? Whatever, I've got to do this. I slowly approach the family, and when I'm close enough that Proper won't hear me, I ask:

"Would you want me to save your son?"

They look at me, bewildered. It's probably the first time in their lives they're asked for their opinion.

"W-what do you mean?", Bright Mac asks.

"Exactly that. Your owner won't allow me to take your daughter, but I can still buy your son, allow him to live a far better life."

"Why would you do this?"

"Because there's still an alicorn in Equestria that strives for Harmony."

"...Please, let us talk about it."

"Very well."

I step back to allow them "privacy". It's not like the cage is that big. While I do my best not to eavesdrop, I can still notice that Big Mac seems entirely opposed to the idea of abandoning his family. After a little while, they call me back.

"Have you decided?"

"Yes."

Big Mac doesn't look very happy. Who would, if they love their family like an Apple do?

Pear Butter looks at me.

"Swear you'll take care of my son."

Wish she was my mom.

"I swear, on the Sun, Moon and Earth, I swear upon Harmony and it's virtue of Laughter, Loyalty, Honesty, Generosity, Kindness and Magic."

Wooh, what's this feeling? Did I just swear a Sacred Oath? I'll have to be more careful about using it in the future.

They stare at me, slack-jawed.

"You know of the Old Way?", Bright Mac asks.

Uh. I guess it would make sense for the earth ponies to cling to the memories of better days.

"Not really, it just... came out of my mouth."

"...You really are an Herald of Harmony."

"More so than the Empress, anyway", I snark.

"Thank you, Your Grace."

"Grace?"

"It's what the rulers of old went by."

Oh.

"I'm honoured, truly. I'll have your son out of here in a moment."

I get out and walk back to the merchant.

"I will buy the red colt."

"Very well, Your Highness."

He walks away, probably to get the deed or something.

"What did you say to them, Prince?", Proper asks me.

"Just reassuring them. A content slave is an obedient slave, after all."

He looks skeptical, but seem to accept my reasoning nonetheless. It's not like I lied anyway, more like a different perspective.

The merchant soon returns with the deed and Proper pays him. Mac is walked out, looking at the ground, but I doubt it's from deference. Here I thought Shiny would be an hard nut to crack.

The merchant present me a... ball? Made of light?

"What is this?"

"It's the anchor for the slave's bounding, Your Highness."

Oh, isn't that going to earn me Mac's trust.

"What does it do?"

"Um, Oh! Of course! It's your first time buying a slave! I'll be honoured to answer your question. The bounding spell makes it impossible for a slave to disobey it's master, as well as forcing them to stay in range of their master influence. For example, a bodyguard would have to stay in sight of their master at all time, unless told otherwise, while a cook or a domestic would be allowed far more leeway."

Fucking. Hell.

"It also allows the master to make the slave feel pain, should they need to be punished."

Disgusting.

"How does it work?"

"Simply channel your mana inside the sphere and it will be absorbed inside your mana font."

Yeah, remote slave control in my Heart of Heart.

I do as he said and the sphere dissolve into strands of mana that slitter inside my horn. Ew, it's all... weird. Blergh.

"Now, would you be interested in buying another slave from my fine selection, Your Highness?"

"No, it will be fine. Proper, come along."

We soon resume our "shopping trip", Big Mac in tow. After a while, we come across a shop claiming to deal in selectively bred pegasi. Right. At least I'll get to save a sexual abuse victim. We enter the shop, which contain a few stands where a few "items" strut about, trying to look good. At least they seem to be treated better than those outside.

"As I live and breathe! It is an honour to have you in my humble commerce, Your Serene Highness."

I wonder if bowing that low is a way of keeping your horn sharp?

"What could I interest you in, my Prince?"

"Do you have any foals?"

"Foals? Well, yes, but they're not trained..."

"That is fine. I seek companions of my age. I doubt I would have use of your more 'mature' articles."

"Oh, of course, how silly of me. They would be in the back, so if you could wait here."

"I would rather have a look for myself."

"Um, well, it's hardly as luxurious as this room."

"And the Outer City is hardly as luxurious as the Inner City, let alone the Castle. I will be fine."

"If you say so, Your Highness, this way."

"If you would, I'd rather be alone."

"Alone!? Why?"

"I have my reasons. This way, yes?"

"Yes, my Prince..."

I proceed to go where I was told to, though Proper decided to follow.

"Proper, stay here."

"What! No, I won't allow you-"

"Stay. Here. Do I need to say it a third time?"

"... Very well, Prince."

Glare all you want, Proper, I don't care. Anyway, let's go.

At least he wasn't exaggerating, the decor is rather drab. It looks like I'm in a prison. Cells included. In each one there's a few foals, of varying ages, but all looking like some exotic bird. They seem rather perplexed to see me walking about, but when they notice the horn they all try to make themselves as small a possible.

"Stop resisting you bitch!", a masculine voice shout.

What the hell is going on? I rush to the source of the voice, crying becoming audible.

I finally reach the source and my blood runs cold when I see it.

"Huh? Who let a kid in here?", a burly stallion says.

"Look again, dumbass! That's the fuckin' Prince!", a thinner, gangly stallion reply.

"Oh, uh, Your Highship, you here to buy? I'm afraid this one ain't ready yet, still too savage."

"Yeah. Oh, Would ya be interested in watching us break her in?"

...

"Um, m'lord, why ya watching us like that?"

"Leave her alone."

"Uh, wha?"

"Leave. Her. Alone."

"Uh...", he laughs a bit. "That's a good one m'lord-"

"LEAVE HER THE FUCK ALONE, ESPÈCE DE BÂTARDS!"

"We're sorry m'lord! if you want her you can have her!"

"HAVE YOU NO SHAME YOU MONSTERS! I'LL FUCKING RIP YOU APART IF YOU DON'T LEAVE RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!"

"What's going on here?!"

"WHAT'S GOING ON IS THAT YOUR FUCKING MOOKS WERE ABOUT TO RAPE A CHILD!"

"But, Y-your Highness, that's standard procedure for-"

"CALLISE DE TABERNACK DE JOALVERT, ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT'S FUCKING NORMAL YOU CREEP?!"

"Your Highness, how else would we-"

"OH MON TABERNACK, J'VAIS TE DÉCALLISER LA YEULE MON OSTI!"

"Prince Solus, stop!"

"I WON'T, I'LL BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND IF I HAVE TO!"

"You don't need to! Sexual activity with a youngling is completely illegal!"

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Please, calm down Your Highness, and we'll get the guard to arrest this ruffian."

Deep breaths. You can do it Solus, let the fire calm down and return to the font.

I look around and I see that the walls and ground are scorched.

"Did... did I do this?"

"You did Your Highness. Please come with me."

"No, I'll stay here. I... I want to stay with her. I want her as my second slave."

"...Very well, my Prince. You three, come with me if you don't want your fate to be even worse."

They leave and I'm left alone with the crying, shaking filly.

"Everything will be fine, I promise."

She doesn't seem to even hear me.

I hug her, wrapping my wings around her and petting her mane.

"I swear," I whisper in the ears of the pink filly, "I swear I'll protect you."

I continue to whisper reassurances, as I pet her purple, yellow and pink mane.

"I swear I'll make sure this never happens again. Never."

Mother...

You're not Celestia. You're just a bad imitation. Even Daybreaker was simply an unfettered Celestia. You're a twisted caricature of everything she and Equestria stands for.

I will bring you down,

Corona.