• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 19,306 Views, 1,434 Comments

Glory of the Sun - Celesti Lateo



|Self-Insert Fic| I thought being an Alicorn prince would be awesome, because, you know, magic and imortality and knowing souls do exist is kind of awesome, right? Eh, not so much when your new mother is a crazed wannabe goddess.

  • ...
74
 1,434
 19,306

Evangelium (Celestia)

"Your Divine Radiance, Prince Solus has arrived."

"Show him in."

What shall I do with thee, Solus?

Minen son looketh awfully nervous as he entereth. Maybe he is not a lost cause if he already realizeth how his attitude is most unbecoming of a Prince of Equestria.

"You wanted to see me Mother?". he says.

"Yes. Some guards informed me that you were throwing quite the tantrum."

"Ah, well, you see-"

"No excuses, just tell me."

"He was hurting my...companion."

"Did you not tell him to train your new acquisition?"

"Well, yes, but he didn't do it the way I wanted."

"And what is the way you wanted?"

"I want a companion, not a weapon. The Throne already have more than enough of those."

"Hmm, I see."

It is only normal, I suppose. He hast no other friends. At least, none that shall not betray hine.

"Is that all?", I say.

"Um, yes?"

"Well then, learn to be more clear in your demands in the future. That shall be all."

"Really?"

"Yes. Unless there is something else?"

"No! With your leave, Mother."

"Goodnight, Solus."

He leaveth at a swift pace. Do I frighten him so? I thoughte I hadde ybeen lax in min discipline of hine. Maybe...

"Hey there little Sunshine. How do you do, there’s a great kingdom, waiting for you..."

Maybe I ought to showen hine more overt affection. It would not do for hine to thinken that I do not love hine. If only I didde not have to hide my plan to get rid of her...

No point crying over spilled milk. He already hath three companions, far more than I thoughte he wouldst have by now. And two of them aren slaves.

Hmm, Duchess Satin hath a daughter, doth she not? What was her name? Sunset Shimmer, I thinke? I am sure she shall make a most excellent companion. A few years older, but far more experienced in the Game. I heard she was quite adept at ruling over her class.

Food for thoughts, though perhaps I shoulde help hine assure the loyalty of Lord Armour.

"Herald, go fetch Duchess Velvet."

"At once, Empress."


"Your Divine Radiance, you asked for me?"

"Indeed We did. We heard your son was now taught by the Prince's tutors?"

"Yes, Empress."

"Then maybe we could use the opportunity to bring them closer together."

"Your Radiance?"

"What would you say if We proposed to make Lord Armour the sworn sword of the Prince?"

The Duchess' face goeth through quite a few emotions before settling on mild disbelief.

"I...we would be honoured, Empress."

"Good. I hope you won't mind if We relocate his residence to be in the Prince's quarters? A sworn sword that is not by his master's side his quite ineffective."

"Ah, no, of course I do not mind, Your Radiance."

"Perfect. Send your son to Our steward and I shall soon make it official."

"I understand, Empress. A thousand thanks for this great honour, Your Divine Radiance. I shall take my leave now, if you will excuse me?"

"Farewell, Duchess."

She boweth and leaveth promptly.

That take care of that, maybe it will even allow me to show minen son minen love for him.

Just a few more years, and I shall get rid of the traitor and I will finally rule in peace, alongside minen son who shall not betray me.

Thou chooseth the name Nightmare Moon, sister of min? Well, the rising Sun will banish the nightmare, once and for all, and Equestria will be free of your discord.

Order shall reign supreme and all will work together for the Greater Good, like it was always meant to ben.


"Empress?"

"Fair tidings to you, Proper Worth."

"Um, you too, Your Radiance. What brings you here?"

"I'd like to see my son."

"Of course, this way."

He showeth me the way to Solus' bedroom and I entere. I go to the side of the bed.

"Mother?"

I lay a kiss on his head and use my magic to adjust his covers.

"Goodnight my son, know that I love you very much. Have sweet dreams."

I turne and I leave, though not before getting a glimpse of his face, where utter surprise is etched. I have been a poor mother if minen own son is this surprised at such a simple show of affection. It would not do for him to turn out like...

Like Luna.

No, never, he shall never be like that ungrateful wretch. Never like that foal who complained about nothing all the time. It's not my fault our subjects saw her for what she was. She brought this upon herself.

Solus is better than that. He will not turn on me for such trivial reasons. He will soon see the value of Order.

I will make sure of it.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this far! I won't update this daily any longer. I simply needed to get it started and to get it out of my system. I will probably update every two days. See you then!