• Published 8th Sep 2016
  • 15,497 Views, 1,223 Comments

Where No Pony Has Gone Before - RK_Striker_JK_5



Equestria makes contact with the Enterprise. Star Trek/MLP crossover.

  • ...
32
 1,223
 15,497

Chapter Twenty-Two

Captain’s Log; Stardate 6014:29. After several days of negotiation, the Equestrian government has managed to secure political and economic agreements not only with the Federation, but the… Klingon Empire. Although diplomats will be sent in to put the finishing touches on the treaties, for the most part, a new era has begun here, on this small planet.

On a more personal note, I look back at the events that have occurred here, that have begun to… shape the course of this region of the galaxy. I wonder how much might have been planned by Celestia or Discord, and if they had any help from… others. One day I might solve that mystery.


Captain Kirk leaned back in his command chair. On the bridge’s main screen, the planet Equus could be seen to port. To starboard, the K'naiah's Pride could be seen, keeping pace just ahead of the Enterprise. “Steady as she goes, Mister Sulu.”

Sulu glanced around his control panel, adjusting several controls. “Aye, Captain. All controls show green.”

Kirk allowed himself a brief moment of rest, of reflection, of pride in his ship and crew. He looked around the bridge, at the crew. At his crew. A sense of satisfaction and pride welled within him.

Sulu sat at the helm station, Chekov to his right at navigation. Arex stood by Chekov, a datapad in his central hand. Chekov made some remark about there being forests of the Tree of Harmony outside Saint Petersburg. Sulu rolled his eyes and patted his younger friend on the shoulder.

Scotty sat at the engineering station, close to the turbolift alcove. Lieutenant Kyle stood next to him. Scotty looked up at Kyle and spoke. Kyle’s eyes widened, and the two men laughed, Kyle slapping his leg.

The turbolift doors themselves opened. Bones and M’Ress stepped out, the former heading for Kirk, while the latter walked over to Uhura, sitting almost directly behind Kirk at the communications station. M’Ress handed Uhura a datapad. The two women spoke, Uhura smiling brightly.

Spock stood at his science station, bent over slightly. He peered into his station’s viewer, adjusting some controls right below it.

For a brief moment of eternity, everything was fine. Everyone was where they should be, where they were meant to be.

And the moment, like all others, passed. As it should, as it was meant to pass.

Bones stopped right behind Kirk’s chair, grinning. “Well, Jim. Looks like we pulled another one out of the fire.”

Kirk glanced behind his shoulder. “Indeed, Bones. Although I think we’ll leave the finer details to any… ambassadors coming this way. More their purview, I believe.”

Uhura raised her hand and adjusted her earpiece. “Captain, We’re receiving a message from Canterlot. It’s Princess Celestia.”

Kirk nodded. “Thank you, Commander. Open the channel.”

Uhura turned a knob. “Princess, go ahead.”

Celestia’s voice came over the bridge’s intercom. “Thank you. Captain, I wish you and your crew a safe journey. If you’re ever in this sector, feel free to stop by for shore leave. I think Pinkie Pie wants to throw a somewhat less… formal party next time you’re here.”

Kirk bowed his head slightly. “We’ll keep that in mind, Princess. Thank you.”

There was silence before another voice came over, this one Twilight’s. “Captain, I too want to say thank you. You’ve helped Equestria take our first step to the stars. You’ve helped us broaden our horizons. I hope that the next time we meet, it will be out there, among the stars.”

Kirk smiled. “Don’t keep us waiting too long, Princess. There’s a lot to see out here. It can be dangerous, and even a bit… risky.”

Twilight giggled slightly. “But isn’t risk your business, Captain?”

Kirk grinned. “Very good, Princess. Let’s meet up on Earth for lunch in about, say… ten years?”

“I’ll write it on my calendar! Twilight out.”

Bones patted Kirk on the shoulder. “You might wanna pencil that in, Jim. Considering what we’ve seen of her, Twilight probably has every intention of keeping that appointment.”

Kirk nodded to his old friend. “I don’t doubt it, Bones.”

Uhura spoke up again. “Captain, we’re now receiving a signal from the Pride. Audio and visual this time.”

Kirk nodded. “Thank you, Uhura. Onscreen.” He stood up and walked forward a few steps as the main viewscreen changed.

Kang stood in a bridge very similar to the Enterprise’s. Mara stood behind him to his right, Kinna on his left. Kellett could be seen at a duty station, while Tarqus manned the helm. Worf could be seen at another one of the aft duty stations. Kang thumped his chest, then shot his right arm out in a Klingon salute. “Qapla’ to you Kirk, son of George!”

Kirk returned the salute. “Qapla, to you, Kang, son of … K'naiah.”

Kang lifted his head slightly. “We are returning to the Empire. Kor and Koloth have responded to me. We shall begin the hunt for the Albino.” He paused. “Kruge will be accompanying us.”

Kirk nodded, half-smiling. “I’m glad you took my advice, Kang.”

Kang’s head twitched a bit before he finally stopped and looked at Sulu. “Commander Sulu, we shall keep you apprised of our success.”

Sulu nodded. “Thank you, Captain. I wish you good hunting. If you do need help, I’ll be there.”

Kang nodded to him. ”Thank you, Commander. Kahless willing, we will deal with him quickly and decisively.” He looked up at Kirk once more. “We shall work somewhat… quieter than you to change the Empire, Kirk, but by Kahless, I and my crew shall do what we can.”

Kirk nodded. “If there is… anything we can do to help, Kang, ask. Friends shouldn’t go it alone.”

Kang snorted. “I never thought I’d call an earther a friend, yet here we are. Thank you, Kirk. Until our next encounter.” With that, the main viewscreen changed once more to Equus from orbit.

Kirk went back and sat once more in his chair. “It’s a start,” he said, settling back.

Uhura spoke once more. “Captain, we are now receiving a transmission from Starfleet Command. It’s…” Her brow furrowed slightly as she adjusted some controls. “Commodore Robert Wesley?”

Bones looked to her, then to Kirk. “Wait a second, Bob? Last I heard he was still governor of Mantilles.”

Kirk glanced to him. “After the incident with the… cosmic cloud, Bob decided to return to Starfleet. He figured he had more to offer there.” He motioned to the viewscreen. “Put him through please, Uhura.”

The image changed to an older human male, gray hair and a somewhat lined face. He nodded before speaking. “Jim, good to see you. Just about everyone here at Starfleet Command is buzzing about the great work you and your crew have done on this mission.”

Kirk smiled. “Thank you, Bob. Although I have a feeling this call isn’t just to… sing our praises.”

Bob nodded. “Correct, Captain. You’re getting new orders. We want you back at Earth as soon as possible. We have a new mission for you, then the Enterprise is getting its refit ahead of schedule. We’re going to try and intercept V’Ger as soon as possible.”

Kirk leaned forward. “Makes sense, Bob. Will Epsilon IX be evacuated?”

“It will be, although the station itself will remain and its sensors operated remotely, just in case we need to get scans of V’Ger.” A wan smile crossed Bob’s mouth. “I’m afraid we couldn’t get much from the movie itself.” He held up a hand. “And the Klingons have already told us they’re gonna keep any ships far away from its projected flight path. With luck, we should be able to nip this one in the bud.”

Kirk laced his fingers together. “And the mission beforehand? Or is it classified?”

Bob smiled. “Oh, no. We’ll be sending the Enterprise back to 1986. There’s a pair of humpback whales named George and Gracie to pick up, along with a marine biologist named Gillian Taylor. I’m sure you can work your usual charms, Jim.” He turned his head slightly. “And of course, Mister Scott will help a certain Doctor Marcus Nichols with the invention of transparent aluminum.”

Scotty turned in his chair to the main viewscreen. “It’ll be a pleasure and an honor, sir!” he said, grinning.

Bob glanced to his right for a moment. “Well, then. We’ll see you at Starbase One within the week. Safe travels, Enterprise. Starfleet Command, out.”

Bones nodded and patted Kirk on the shoulder. “Well, good to see they’re not locking those episodes or movies up in some dusty old warehouse in the middle of nowhere.”

Spock turned from his station and walked over. “It would be illogical to not utilize such a vast amount of information, Doctor. With proper planning, many crises can be averted, or at least minimized.”

Bones crossed his arms. “And since when have you known Starfleet Command to be ruled by logic, Mister Spock?”


Any such rejoinder was silenced as Kirk held his hands up. “Gentlemen, please. We have a pressing engagement a week from now and about… two hundred eighty-three years in the past.” He looked to his left. “Mister Scott, engine status?”

Scotty looked over several screens at the engineering station. “Everything’s in the green, Captain. We’re all ready. Just give the word.”

Kirk straightened up in his chair. “Then the word is given. The information Sunset and Trixie gave us is a… guide to the future. But the future can only be met head-on. Mister Sulu, Mister Chekov, take us out of orbit. Then set a course for Sector 001, warp six.”

Sulu’s hands danced across his control panel as he twisted dials and flipped switches. “Aye, Captain. Course set.”

Chekov checked his own displays. “Warp drive ready at your command, Captain.”

Kirk nodded. “Engage.”

The Enterprise slid out of orbit, gracefully spinning about in a tight arc. The front half of the ship suddenly stretched out impossibly long as the warp drive activated. It hung there for a moment before the aft half snapped forward, sending the Enterprise hurtling through space, on its way to its next adventure.


Twilight paced back and forth, a clipboard hovering in front of her face. It had been three weeks since the Enterprise and K'naiah's Pride had departed Equus. Even now, diplomats and aides from the Federation and Empire were in Canterlot, beginning formal negotiations. Twilight, however, was quite a ways away, in the middle of the flat plains where Equestria’s rock farms were located. A long translucent cylinder stretched between two rather large tanks, each one filled with a glowing, pulsating liquid. A few control panels and monitors were mounted to the tanks, charts and other readouts flashing on the monitors.

Spike stood in front of one of the tanks. He craned his neck as he looked at one of the monitors. “Okay, pressure looks stable. I think…” He looked to Twilight. “So on a scale of one to ten, how dangerous is this?”

Twilight slid her clipboard into the saddlebag on her left flank. She wore a pair of goggles, a lab coat, and heavy boots. “Maybe a six,” she said, walking over to Spike’s side. She looked the monitors over. “We’re out in the middle of nowhere, the closest rock farm or settlement about twenty miles away. According to my calculations, Moondancer’s calculations, and Minuette’s, any possible explosion won’t harm anyone.” She leaned in close to Spike. “And if anything does, you and I are just one teleport away to safety.”

Spike let out a breath. “Well, okay.” He looked the entire apparatus over. “Gotta admit, Twilight. This is pretty impressive!”

Twilight broke from Spike’s side and walked the length of the cylinder between the tanks. “I couldn’t have done it without my number-one assistant,” she said, looking back and smiling at Spike. She looked to the cylinder once more and a thick bulge in its center. “All right, in five minutes, Equestria’s first matter/antimatter continuum-distortion engine will go online!” She paused and her head lowered slightly. “And… hopefully not explode in the process.”

Spike walked back to Twilight’s side and gently elbowed her in her barrel. “Twilight, all kidding aside? After three weeks working on this with you, I have faith it will go well.”

Twilight turned and leaned into Spike, nuzzling him. “Thank you.” She looked back to the engine. A small recorder floated out of her saddlebag and up to her mouth. It clicked on, and she spoke into it. “This is Twilight Sparkle, recording. I am about to fire up Engine Prototype-One for its first full-power test. All monitors and readouts show green.” She put the recorder back and let out a breath. “Well, here’s another first step.”

Spike ran up to her side. “So, after this, then what? I don’t think we can just fly the engine to Earth.”

Twilight shook her head. She and Spike walked away from the engine, over to a rocky outcrop. “Oh, no, Spike. We’ll need an actual hull, navigational deflectors, an inertial dampening system, a structural integrity field, actual computers for navigation and a dozen other devices, and Celestia knows what else!” She spun around to face the engine. “I told Captain Kirk I’d meet him on Earth in ten years. But going over what Equestria has to do in that time?” Her ears flattened against her skull. “I just don’t know, Spike.”

Spike walked around to Twilight’s front and leaned in close. “Twilight, I’m not sure what… half those things are you listed, but I do know one thing. And that’s when you set your mind to something, you do it.” He reached out and gently patted her cheek. “And you won’t be alone, either. You’ll make that appointment, Twilight. I believe in you!”

Twilight stared at Spike, her eyes glistening slightly. “No, Spike. We’ll make that appointment.” She gently lifted Spike with her magic and deposited him onto her back with her magic. She stared at the engine. “Ready?”

Spike nodded. “Ready, Twilight. Engage!”

Twilight sucked in a breath. “All right. Here goes everything!” Her horn glowed once more. A lever on each of the tanks slid down.

And the universe opened up.

Author's Note:

1. Thanks to FoalsHalf and sun tzu for their help with editing/pre-reading.

2. I think these are a bit appropriate.

3. It's not quite over, but it's close.