• Published 6th Sep 2016
  • 254 Views, 2 Comments

The Valley of Eternal Dusk - Fotohunter



Stange phenomenons are occuring in the Valley of Eternal Dusk, The Mane Six must go to the city of Diomedia and find out what's going on.

  • ...
 2
 254

A quick depart

“WHAT!?” screamed Pinkie Pie.

“Princess Celestia wants me to go to The Valley of Eternal Dusk?” asked Twilight confused.

Fluttershy and Rarity turned all the lights on again, Rainbow Dash picked the letter while Twilight sat down.

“She wants you to depart as soon as the sun rises and that you can take all the help you need” said Rainbow Dash while Spike stayed petrified.

Twilight remained seating without saying nothing, she snapped out when Applejack put her hove over Twilight’s back.

“You okay Twilight?” asked Applejack concerned.

“Yeah, is just the lights and the sudden letter, they just scared me” said Twilight.

“I see that poor dear” said Rarity bringing a cup of tea to Twilight. “Spike is not doing great either.

Rainbow Dash touched Spike, he just felt on his face still petrified.

“What are you going to do now Twilight?” asked Fluttershy worried.

“I have no option but to go” said Twilight while she stood up. She used her magic to take the scroll from Rainbow to check it.

“Go? To that accursed place? That’s too dangerous!” protested Applejack.

“I know but the Princess arranged for her cousin to assist me with all my needs” said Twilight.

“She has a cousin in such a dreadful place?” asked Fluttershy surprised.

“Yeah, Prince Crimson Dawn, he is one of the co-rulers of the city of Diomedia, he will be assisting me” replied Twilight.

“Diomedia? Never heard of that place before” said Rainbow Dash surprised.

“Is a very old city close to the Dusk Valley, the creatures there live by harvesting the rare minerals that are found in the Behemoth Horns” explained Twilight.

“Well dear Twilight, you can’t go alone there, we should go with you to help!” said Rarity.

“Please girls I can’t ask you that, besides you all must be so busy. Spike can come with me” said Twilight.

“Sorry, but poor Spike is just a baby dragon, you’ll need more help than that and also friends to support you” said Rarity.

“Yeah! We can all go and get this job done in a snap!” said Rainbow flying around.

“That’s very generous of you girls” said Twilight feeling a bit of relief from knowing that she won’t have to be alone.

“I’d love to go to Twi, but we have to finish all the apple sauce to store for the winter at the farm” said Applejack disappointed.

“And I volunteered to make a census on all the creatures at the pond,” said Fluttershy shyly.

“It’s okay girls” said Twilight smiling. “How about you Pinkie?”

Pinkie poured a glass of water over Spike, he soon came back o normal.

“I am sorry but I can’t, I promised Mrs. Cake I’d have the store running until she came back, and they are not coming until the end of the week” said Pinkie Pie.

“Well, that’s a downer” said Rainbow disappointed.

“What about you two Rarity, Rainbow Dash? Not busy?” asked Applejack.

“I am on vacation my friends! Weather patrol owed me a couple of free weeks and since there is no major business until next time I can go for a while” said Rainbow Dash proud.

“And I delivered a big order of dresses and capes yesterday, I got enough to keep the store closed for a while, so no worries” said Rarity.

“Thanks so much for the support girls, I wish there is a way all of you could go with us” said Twilight.

“Us too Twi, I wish we could be there to help” said Applejack.

All the girls made a group hug to cheer up.

“What’s the situation then Twilight?” asked Spike still coming back to his senses.

“Rainbow Dash, Rarity, you and me are going to Diomedia” said Twilight.

“Nice, what I needed right now” said Spike sarcastically. “And why the rest are not coming?”

“’cuz we are busy all week little fella, so you’ll have to cover for us” said Applejack.

“Aha! Then why you don’t leave me here and I could ask for another carriage at the end of the week?” asked Spike.

Everyone looked perplexed at Spike.

“That’s actually a great idea!” said Rainbow Dash. “That way you’ll have all of us to help!”

“I don’t know…” said Twilight doubtfully.

“Come on Twilight! You’ll need all the help you can get for this and you know it!” said Applejack patting Twilight’s back.

“And Spike can stay with me until then end of the week!” said Pinkie Pie jumping around.

Twilight looked to Pinkie Pie worried, then to Spike.

“I don’t mind staying with Pinkie for a couple of days” said Spike. He began to fantasize with all the cakes and candy he could eat.

Twilight sighted. “Okay girls, I accept once again.”

Everyone smiled happy.

“Spike, send a message to Princess Celestia telling her that I’ll accept my mission” said Twilight.

“Will do!” said Spike grabbing a scroll and a feather.

“Now, I hope you don’t mind if we move this sleepover for another day girls” said Twilight embarrassed.

“Not at all Twilight!” exclaimed Applejack. “Come on girls! Let’s clean this place in a zip so the Twi can go prepare for the trip!”

Everyone started picking up things. In a corner of her mind Twilight was thinking, she had a bad feeling of this, she was scared.


Princess Celestia waited patiently, she was at the study, Luna was asleep over the sofa, she looked very peaceful. Celestia smiled and covered Luna with a blanket.

“Everything will be okay Luna, I promise” whispered Celestia to herself.

Suddenly a blazing burst of fire came into the room. It stopped in front of Princess Celestia and dissolved into a scroll.

The Princess rushed to grab the scroll and read it. When she finished reading she closed her eyes worried. She paced around concerned, she went to the balcony and contemplated the stars.

“How do I wish this was all a big mistake” said Celestia worried. “Just a strange, safe and silly mistake.”


Sunrise arrived to Ponyville, outside the castle a royal carriage arrived, inside Twilight was ready to go.

“Okay Spike, this is it, is time to go to Diomedia!” said Twilight a bit insecure.

“You need to relax Twilight, everything will be alright if you just do what you are supposed to do” said Spike pulling Twilight’s luggage to the door.

“I am just not sure Spike, Diomedia is a dark and mysterious place, nothing like Ponyville or Canterlot” said Twilight worried.

“Then a little Rainboom will put some light in it!” said Rainbow Dash making a big entrance through a window.

“Rainbow Dash!” said Twilight surprised.

“No need for surprise, me and Rarity just arrived to make everything fine” said Rainbow Dash landing.

“That’s great” said Twilight.

“Now you can go and do your best! I’ll be there just in a couple of days” said Spike.

Twilight smiles and puts her head on Spike’s shoulder-

“Thank you Spike, take care”

Twilight, Rainbow and Spike stepped outside, there Rarity was waiting them in the carriage and Fluttershy, Pinkie and Applejack near it.

“We came here to wish you the best pal!” said Applejack.

“Have super much fun!” said Pinkie jumping.

“And please stay safe until we arrive” added Fluttershy concerned.

“Thanks girls, I’ll do my best” said Twilight smiling.

“Come on Twilight dear! We must go before it gets dark, I want to see the city greatness when I arrive” said Rarity.

“Coming, coming!” said Twilight.

Rainbow and Twilight boarded the carriage; Spike, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy waved them away.

“Bye girls! Take care” scream Applejack while the carriage rose into the sky and disappear into the distance.

Author's Note:

Okay, this seems to progress smoothly.

Comments ( 2 )

Will Sonata Dusk appear in this story?

7546531 Sorry, but no. But I am also working on an EG story and she will be there for sure! And with a quite major role. :D

Sonata is also my favorite EG.:D

Login or register to comment