• Published 13th Aug 2016
  • 4,116 Views, 23 Comments

Insecurity - Nordryd



Coppermane loves and admires Fluttershy in every way, but when he thinks about what she's accomplished over time, he can't help but feel insecure in comparison. He has a talk with his princess and asks why she settled for someone so inferior to her.

  • ...
4
 23
 4,116

Insecurity

Coppermane could not be happier with Fluttershy. They've been together for almost a year, and each day has been better than the last. There was no better feeling than waking up every morning knowing Fluttershy, the girl of his dreams, loved him.

Fluttershy was the only reason he was even alive now. She saved his life by being the first one to ever be nice to him. Had it not been for that fateful day, he would've committed suicide. But she gave him a chance, and became the most important person in his life. She gave him the strength to rise above his bullies and silence them once and for all. She gave him love, friends, and a reason to live.

Almost all of his happiest memories were with Fluttershy. His first date was with her. His first kiss was with her. She was the first person to ever know about his deepest, darkest secrets. His first dance was with her. And he got up onstage for the first time to win her back after the week she broke up with him. Cuddling with her in the cherry blossom grove, holding her, kissing her, loving her, and just being with her were among the happiest memories Coppermane had.

It wasn't just the memories with Fluttershy, but Fluttershy herself. On top of being drop-dead gorgeous, she was the sweetest girl in the world. Her ability to interact with animals was amazing, almost like she could speak their language. The amount of kindness she shows everyone is something to be respected. Her shyness was perhaps the cutest thing Coppermane has ever seen. With her friends, and aided by magic, she's managed to defeat powerful demons and Sirens. And she looked absolutely adorable when she played her tambourine, even more so when she ponied up. Nothing was more breathtaking to Coppermane than Fluttershy with her wings, pony ears, and long ponytail.

Fluttershy was an amazing girl. Coppermane couldn't feel more honored to have her all to himself.

But as much as Fluttershy has helped to heal Coppermane's scars, they still exist. They're still real, and they resurface from time to time.

As amazing as Fluttershy was, Coppermane couldn't help but feel… inferior by comparison.

“What did you want to talk about, Coppermane?” Fluttershy asked, sitting across from him on his couch.

“Um… can I ask you something?” Coppermane asked, taking her hand.

Fluttershy smiled, interlacing her fingers with his. “You can ask me anything, Coppermane.”

Coppermane smiled at the feeling of her fingers weaving together with his. Something that always made him smile. But it was short lived.

“Coppermane? A-Are you okay?” Fluttershy asked. “Why do you look so sad? Is something wrong?”

“Fluttershy… why did you settle for me?” Coppermane asked.

Fluttershy’s eyes turned worried.

“Settle for you?” Fluttershy asked. “What do you mean?”

“I mean… you probably could’ve gotten a better boyfriend than me, right?” Coppermane said. “Someone as amazing and talented as you?”

“Coppermane, haven’t we talked about this already?” Fluttershy asked. “I didn’t settle for you.”

“Fluttershy, think about it,” Coppermane said. “You’ve done so much. You’ve defeated demons, Sirens, you can transform when you play your tambourine, you can actually play an instrument competently, you volunteer at the shelter, you speak the language of animals, you… you’re amazing. You can do so many things, and you’re smart, sweet, kind, pretty… you could’ve found a guy more… suited for you, right? I mean… what do I have to offer? Tears? Crying? Whining? Depression? I mean, I can play piano, but only chords. I’m not as kind as you are. I can’t speak to animals. I don’t transform. I haven’t accomplished feats like defeating demons or anything. I guess what I’m trying to say is… what do I have to offer? You need a guy who can give you things you deserve. Someone who can treat you like the goddess you are. I just don’t know how someone like me can reach so high and make someone who’s way out of my league settle for something so underneath them. I know it’s selfish, but sometimes when I think about what you’ve done compared to what I’ve done… I feel like nothing.”

“Coppermane…” Fluttershy said, squeezing his hand. “You’re not being selfish.”

“I’m not?” Coppermane said.

“Of course not,” Fluttershy said. “Coppermane, I did not settle for you. I’ve told you again and again that you’re an amazing guy, and I meant it every time.”

“Fluttershy, do you know what you’re capable of?” Coppermane said. “When you play music, you gain wings.”

“I mean, yes I do, but it happened to you at the last musical showcase, right?” Fluttershy said.

“Yeah, but it never happened again,” Coppermane said.

“Coppermane, you don’t have to be able to pony up to be an amazing person,” Fluttershy said. “Do you know why I love you, Coppermane?”

Coppermane could feel his cheeks reddening. Her beautiful eyes were looking at him with such adoration.

“Why?” Coppermane asked.

“Because you’re the strongest guy I’ve ever met,” Fluttershy said. “You were bullied and abused so much in the past, and you survived it. You didn’t become bitter or angry because of it. You didn’t stoop down to overcome those meanies. You rose above and came out stronger than ever. I was so proud of you!”

“Well… I mean… to be fair… I never would’ve gotten up there in the first place if it wasn’t for you,” Coppermane said.

Fluttershy’s cheeks went red. She squeezed his hand.

“Coppermane, don’t ever say you’re not an amazing person,” Fluttershy said. “I didn’t settle for you. You won my heart by being the sweetest guy I’ve ever met. You protected me from those mean bullies. You make me feel loved. You make me feel safe. You make me feel… pretty. I love when you hold me… and kiss me. You stand up for me. You’re supportive, and will drop everything to help me when I need you. You’re smart, handsome, and genuine. You weren’t like the jocks; trying to act manly and like they’re not afraid of anything. You’re so honest with yourself. And do you know how much you’ve grown since I first met you? When I think about that scared little boy I saw crying and who I see now… it just makes me so proud. Coppermane, I never thought I could love someone so much until I met you. You make me so happy, and I can’t imagine life without you.”

Coppermane’s cheeks were on fire, and his smile was large. Even after almost a year, he couldn’t comprehend how a girl like Fluttershy could love him.

“You’re amazing, Coppermane,” Fluttershy said. “It doesn’t matter if you can’t pony up. My heart is yours, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Coppermane almost shed a tear. A moment ago, he was in his own head contemplating how Fluttershy could’ve settled for him. He failed to remember just how much Fluttershy truly loves him.

“Fluttershy, I never would’ve gotten anywhere if it weren’t for you,” Coppermane said. “You inspire me to grow into a better person. To be the prince you deserve.”

Fluttershy smiled, and leaned forward to give Coppermane a tender kiss.

“I love you, Coppermane. And I always will,” Fluttershy said.

Coppermane felt his cheeks heat up as he leaned in to kiss Fluttershy. As their lips met, he laid her back on the couch. He climbed on top of her, straddling her with his legs.

“I love you so much,” Coppermane said, brushing Fluttershy’s hair as he gazed into her beautiful teal eyes. “I’m so glad I have you.”

Fluttershy melted at the feeling of him caressing her cheek and brushing her hair. He looked at her so lovingly with those chocolaty brown eyes. She let herself relax as he kissed her again, continuing to brush her hair. His lips were so warm and sweet. It felt her prince was smothering her with love.

She squeaked when she felt one of his hands slip up her skirt, making her squirm. She moaned into his mouth as she lifted her hands to brush his hair.

Coppermane melted at the feeling of her brushing his hair. He continued to feel and love her, caressing her hair and massaging her cute butt.

There was nothing Coppermane loved more than making out with Fluttershy. He could feel the heated love and passion reflected right back at him in her lips, only encouraging him to feel and love her more. An endless circle of pleasure and lust. Nothing else mattered but loving her, and making her feel good.

Coppermane would readily admit that he reached for Fluttershy. He was feeling insecure before, but Fluttershy always knew just what to say to make him feel better. Another thing he loved about her: she took care of him.

And Coppermane would do everything in his power to be the best boyfriend he can be for Fluttershy. The prince a princess like her deserves.

Author's Note:

This is a random idea for a oneshot I had. I wrote this in literally 90 minutes and uploaded it totally raw and unedited, so forgive me if it's not that great.

Comments ( 22 )

Just read it over on fanfiction.net. Short and sweet! :twilightsmile:

Hey, for a random idea this was pretty cool. It's actually a very adorable and sweet fic. You certainly take much less time then me for when it comes to writing one-shots.:twilightsmile: It usually takes me several hours.:twilightsheepish:

Daaw:heart: so sweet :yay: keep it up.

YAY! I love it! :pinkiehappy:

This was really sweat, I loved their conversation :heart:

Well, this is honestly a short and sweet little story with a very nice message for all those with problems much like this. Great job!

Another good story. You're an expert on this. :yay:

Literary quality was good.

Sad to say the moral quality of his hand ending up on her butt up her skirt pushed it into down vote territory for me.

7477892 Fair enough. To each their own. Have you read the other stories involving these two? Coppermane just likes to make his princess feel good, that's all. But to each his own.

Sorry :twilightsheepish:

I don't know how you do it, but every time you release a Coppermane and Fluttershy story, I instantly dawwwwd out. Great job by the way :yay:

You've done it again! There is literally no story you post that disappoints me. You're an inspiration to us all, Jake. Keep up the good work! :pinkiesmile:

Also, I showed my parents your singing, and they loved it. You're going to be one of the greatest singers in history with that voice, which, might I add, makes me jealous that you can hit every note absolutely perfect. Keep practicing and you'll be famous! :raritywink:

Oh wow man, the feels, and yknow? I am more intrested in the history of Fluttershy and Coppermane now, even more because of the little bit of backstory you put there, now I will read them! for real! not just in the read it later library to be forgotten, I will read them for real! (the EG ones) and wait for a comment from me there! (You know who am I because of the colored text right???)

Another great feels inducing one-shot of Coppermane and Fluttershy. I can't wait to see what you write next. Speaking of, how's progress on Colors of the Sun? Just curious.

7479852 Gonna be on hiatus for a really long time it seems :facehoof:

7479977 Oh, well. I was really looking forward to it.

I can no longer resist.
I am now adding this to my top 10 canon x OC ship list.

7477912
My "Read Later" list is in the quadruple digits.

That having been said, I will add the other Coppermane stories I can find to it. Might change my overall view on this story even (it seems unlikely, but Bronies are not adverse to writing stories with some really odd twists to them).

This is a cute story. It's kinda amazing how one event can stop someone from ending their lives

Not so great, my foot.
I believe it's one of the best FimFictions yet.

'...I don’t transform. ...'

Me:uh what about at the musical show case?

“I mean, yes I do, but it happened to you at the last musical showcase, right?” Fluttershy said.

Me:oh fluttershy beat me to it

Login or register to comment