• Published 6th Aug 2016
  • 667 Views, 13 Comments

Lead - Tee Sion



The United States and North Korea have been long term enemies. Mistrust and paranoia finally reached it's limit, the two countries went to war. Jeremiah Dempsey witnessed first hand what North Korea was hiding, and he has to live with it.

  • ...
6
 13
 667

The Lead Wind Blows!

"Great. This is just fan-fucking tastic!" Jeremiah punted the withered railroad track. He hissed and pulled his boot back, instantly regretting that decision. They weren't as tough as they looked, it seems.

"Where the hell am I?!" The man shouted at no one, it was night, it was cold, nobody was around. It was just him and a railroad track in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Jeremiah sat down in the dirt, huffing in frustration. His body still hurt from that weapon, interesting how it didn't seem to give him any sort of wound. Though his brain was certainly in the process of becoming wounded. You don't just appear somewhere else like this? Do you? You go into a war and then just 'poof', you're fucking gone?

"What the hell is going on, I am nowhere near the battle, nowhere near anything." Jeremiah continued ranting to himself, the nearly below zero, brisk air raiding his skin, urging a shiver out of him. "Well, I can't just sit here and be angry, this track is already giving me more than enough evidence that people are here."

Jeremiah sighed and wrapped his arms around him, yearning to be protected from the cold. His gear from, whatever that shit was, was in pretty bad shape. Luckily though, he had his gun, but unluckily, very limited ammunition. A knife and some gum also were apart of his super reliable survival kit. As he was walking he wondered how the hell his gum survived, but there were no complaints.

-----

The raggedy truck growled and popped as his sped down the road. The heavy rain almost obscuring vision and filling everyone's ears with redundant noise. Hell yeah nature. Jeremiah got to sit at the end of the truck, directly in front of the door. He stared glumly out of the blurry window, trailing the growing raindrops as they made their way down and out of sight. Nobody in the truck was outgoing enough to start a conversation, but nobody complained since this could be the last "silence" they had. On the contrary though, it could be the last conversation they could have.

It's almost as if the fear had kicked in. Before, Jeremiah had been kind of excited to finally get to go to a real battle. Especially one with as much gravity as this. As soon as he stepped foot on the truck, though, he wasn't as keen to go shoot some guns. He loved shooting guns!

"Jeremiah, hey, wake up..." A voice silently called from his side. Jeremiah sat up and looked towards his caller.

"Oh, I wasn't asleep. What's up?" Jeremiah stretched out and gave his friend full attention. Maximilian and Jeremiah hit if off very well when they had first met. Maximilian was a smart Russian kid, three years younger than him, using the term 'kid' loosely. Jeremiah was 26.

"Are you having second thoughts too..?" Maximilian sheepishly asked, and admitted. Jeremiah just looked at him. He wasn't having second thoughts, he just stopped making this war sound like it'll be fun. He gave himself a wakeup call.

"No, Max. I am not, you aren't gonna go rogue on us are you?" Maximilian shook his head rapidly, his helmet clanked against his head.

"Oh, goodness no. I just, y'know." He didn't continue, why? Jeremiah gestured for him to go on, nothing came out.

"Max, he hell is wrong with you? Speak up."

"I'm really scared!" Max blurted, he gave apologetic looks to the other men around him. Was he ashamed about that? Really? Having a little fear? Jeremiah was gonna not gonna let it go off easy without some teasing.

"Wow, you're a pussy, y'know?"

Jeremiah could see Max's heart drop, okay now he felt bad.

"Oh, jeez Jeremy." Max said nothing else, he just turned away quietly.

"Max, I was fucking around, I was kidding! Relax relax." Jeremiah put his arm around his partner and shook him. Max couldn't hold any ill emotions towards Jeremiah, he smiled and chuckled a bit. Jeremiah just stayed close to him, enjoying the presence of a good friend. He didn't even get to say goodbyes to his family and friends at home, though 'goodbyes' seemed to extreme. Maybe 'see you laters'.

The drive continued for a long time, eventually Jeremiah did fall asleep. The rocking of the unstable truck didn't faze him one bit. Though when he woke up it wasn't as peaceful.

-----

Walking. Walking. Walking. So. Much. Goddamn. WALKING.

"I swear to god I am going to pass the fuck out soon." Jeremiah sighed, slowing his walking pace. He hadn't come across anything, no houses or people. Not even the train has zoomed by yet! But he had nowhere else to go, this was his best chance at finding a place to stay. And so he carried on in the night, refusing to stop himself. Luckily, he didn't take any breaks, because he swore he could see some buildings. His eyes widened a bit and he picked up his pace. He had to remember lat time he got this excited...okay let's forget about that memory. Well, long story short everything was fucked up, so he lowered his hopes.

"It's about goddamn time I found some...uh" He was silenced by what he began to see. The cold air came to a halt, as if it was just as shocked as he was. Unbelievable, is that a big ol' rock tree? Well, if rocks were like, shimmery and colorful. So a crystal almost?

"The fuck is all about? Were am I?" He muttered to himself. It was about time he got to the bottom of this, he start to sprint. Like he had to push out that last chapter in a story before he went to bed. As he approached he only began to truly witness it's size. It was an absolutely incredible sight for him. He was close enough to see it was an entire town, homes and all. Then this tree thing.

"Definitely not in Kansas anymore. Also never been to Kansas anyways." Jeremiah stepped closer to the tree castle, it still shone bright, even in the darkest night. He walked around it, revealing the rest of the town. It looked normal, everything looked fine. Except the fact that the homes were very very different to your average "Earth" home. Jeremiah skeptically shuffled in the dirt below him, his eyes darting back and forth for any people. It's about time he took initiative.

"Hello!? Is anyone here!!!?" He made is own phony megaphone with his hands. He waited a bit, still continuing onwards. No response aside from the heckling crickets. There was no way nobody was here, the town looked in great shape. it was decently sized, as well. Maybe everybody here is just a heavy sleeper?

"Sheesh, somebody had to have heard that."

Jeremiah started to get the feeling of being watched. He was not good when it came to these feelings. He got jumpy and sweaty. When it came to fight or flight, in case of actual danger, he was definitely fight. He also had a knife and a gun, so he felt relatively safe. His eyes darted even more frantically, checking the windows of the homes to catch any lurking eyes. Slowly he unholstered his pistol, double checked that it was loaded, then nodded to himself. He had to go knock somewhere, else nobody would show their face. As a soldier he had to be brave, strong, responsible. But this place was creepy indeed.

"Okay, you're first..." He whispered. He raised his fist to forcefully knock on the wooden door.

Thunk Thunk Thunk

Jeremiah took a deep breath. A few seconds passed...those became minutes. He groaned, fed up. He turned away from the presumably vacant household. He then noticed a light coming from one of the windows in some weird ass house. He walked quickly and took in all of it's features.

"The fuck is this? A gingerbread house? Am I in Candyland?" He approached the lit window, he was going to try to look inside. Exactly when he leaned forward to do so, the light flickered off. He scoffed. "Alright you motherfucker, be that way" He spoke to whoever was on the other side of the glass.

He then tried the door, which just conveniently happened to lock right when he made it there. He stood there with a slack jaw, is this person serious? Now they were just trying to piss him off, nuh uh, NOT going to slide.

"Hey! You motherfucker! I know pretty goddamn well that you're home! You better get your sorry ass out here and tell me where the fuck I am before I have to go in there myself!" He finished, breathing hard. He swore he could hear whispering, like anyone in there was mocking him. Maybe they were afraid? No, why the hell would anyone be afraid here? Well, now they had a right to, because he threatened them, but fuck it. Jeremiah knocked on the door, and he kept knocking until he felt he needed to stop.

"Fine then!" He turned around to stomp away in defeat, he wasn't really going to barge in, because he had no right to. As he was walking away, however, the door opened. He turned around swiftly and held his handgun out. Holy shit this is creepy now. The inside of the place was pitch black, like there is just a dark void waiting on the inside. The way that the door slowly creaked open fucked him up so bad.

"Hey! S-stop messing with me! I am a U.S. soldier! Walk out right now!" Jeremiah has never been this terrified in his life. This is the shit you'd see in Silent Hill, and Jeremiah was not having any of it. Manning up, he decided to approach the darkness of the...home? He held his gun close to him, aimed forward. He took a deep breath and placed one foot inside, then another. He still couldn't see, his eyes wouldn't adjust for some reason, of all times to have vision issues.

Once he was all the way in, the fucking door closed. And it didn't gracefully sway into position, that sonuvabitch slammed shut.

"Holy shit!!! Fuck man!" Jeremiah screamed as he pulled the trigger on his pistol in fear. The split second of light he had from the gunshot gave him enough time to see what the fuck was in front of him. Six little colored ponies, looking really really defensive. He heard one make a noise when he shot the gun, that's when all hell broke loose really fast. The lights flickered on and he was being charged. He had no time to react when the blue one pushed him against the wall. He struggled with it for a second, he threw it off. Then the others took action. One had a rope, two had some sharp horns, the blue one was hovering there, and a yellow one looked just as scared as Jeremiah was.

"What the he-"

Attacked again! The rope suddenly was around his legs, and things were being thrown at him at a fast rate. He took aim at the orange one and shot, it landed! It hollered in pain and let go of the rope. The blue one was all over him now, it took him and crashed him through the bulky door. Jeremiah lost his breath, then pony pushed him onto the ground. It was going to take him on like this again? He easily caught the punches it threw and retaliated by kneeing it in the stomach.

"Gah!" It spoke. The thing spoke? It said words? The fuck? Is "gah" a word?

Jeremiah rolled it off of him, taking the pleasure to kick it while it was down, you can't be courteous in fights. Then he felt some burning sensation all over his body, he tried to scream, but nothing came out. He had a hard time moving as well. He saw the purple one glaring at him, it's horn was glowing purple, just like the aura around him. That bitch is doing this! Jeremiah used all he had to run, but he could not find the strength. The thing completely drained him.

"Let...me....go!" He screamed in between breaths. The pain from the purple aura seemed to lessen, but he still could not move. The purple pony looked at him silently, clearly just there to keep him still. Jeremiah and the pony just looked at each other, each wondering what the hell they were. Jeremiah had the gun in his hand still, perfect. He turned the gun, using the last of his strength. The pony noticed fast and she used the aura to swipe it away from him.

"Goddamnit..." He whispered. he could hear a lot of ruckus, or frackus, coming from inside. Sounded like they were panicking.

"No, Rainbow! Stop!" The purple pony shouted. Then Jeremiah's back was met with an extreme pain, and all kinds of things cracked back there. He was launched out of the purple aura, and he slammed into the purple pony. The blue one was on him again, when will this bitch learn! Well, she did, fast. Well at least she abused the current situation of Jeremiah having no strength. She relentlessly punched him in the face, grunting with every swing. Jeremiah did all he could to attempt to soften the blow, but to no avail. The purple pony struggled underneath, groaning in pain from the human on top of her.

Finally the blue one stopped hitting Jeremiah, now she was the one covered in the purple glow. Jeremiah took this chance to get up and get the hell out of there. He dragged himself quickly across the dirt, making his way towards the forest up ahead, probably way better than this bullshit.

"Shit, my gun..." He said, turning around. It was on the ground where they had landed, shit. He gathered up all of the strength that he slowly regained and ran towards it, it was way to valuable to be lost in this foreign world. He dove toward it and grabbed it. He was really tempted to shoot them, he was so tired and angry. But he needed to run, so he did. He was surprised to see nothing chasing after him, it seems the purple one was letting him leave, thank the fucking lord for that. Blood and sweat ran down his face, everything happened so fast.

He just needed somewhere to sleep, so tired, hungry, thirsty.

Comments ( 13 )

I'm digging it so far.
One Punch Man approves.

Realistically, if North Korea started a war, China probably wouldn't give a fuck about them and stay neutral.

Anyways, I hope he's okay and gets his revenge.

7458511 they are allied you now?

7458716 A little, but China's not willing to go to war because North Korea decides to invade for some bullshit reason. Nor are they willing to go to a war North Korea started. Basically, China's relationship with North Korea is, "We're friends for now, but if you stir shit up again, you're on your own this time."

7458733 they also have good relations with countries such as syria and vietnam

7458905 Again, neither are willing to go to a war North Korea started. Syria already has enough problems, and Vietnam entering a war on North Korea's side will hurt their relations with the other ASEAN nations, especially Indonesia who has the largest economy and the largest military among the ASEAN nations. No ASEAN country has the balls to face Indonesia, not even Singapore and Malaysia.

7458949 who cares about singapore and the likes? you should never underestimate anyone or anything but hey around here is a second german-french war on the rise and the chances of one happening are there

7459059 The chances of that are slim. Vietnamese soldiers are trained by the Indonesian Military.

7459137 and are battle experienced due to many skirmishes with china and india

7459137 some days ago a part of the turkish military attempted a coup agains the turkish dictator but sadly they failed

7459137 well there is this one woman who wants to become president in france (forgot her name) and she wants to revive the rivalies france had with england and germany but in a full war france has 0 chance of winning

7460268 First, she's not going to win. Second, so does Indonesia, against the British and the Dutch twice, and multiple rebellions and insurgencies. The Indonesian Military has proven multiple times in competitions against other militaries like the Australian Military and even the US Military that they consist of many of the best marksmans in the world.

7460607 Hey guys as much as I appreciate you're viewing, can you please take this to PM? Thanks! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment