• Published 30th Jun 2016
  • 1,477 Views, 10 Comments

Mail through the mirror - Eon Seb



The girls from Canterlot High get a look at their pony counterparts with a few fun twists.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,477

Walking History

Author's Note:

This is for my complete redo of Fiend of the apples new title Fiends of Ponyville the 3 main cast members will be explained in this chapter, as well as what happened to the Sirens in this world. Enjoy.

Sunset closed what felt like the hundredth yearbook. Thankfully, though it was the last one. She glanced at her cohorts to see Rainbow and Pinkie using one another as pillows.

"I always knew those long study nights would be useful for something. "

The three of them had systematically gone over every year book trying to find any proof to contradict what they had learned. But as they say, the proof is in the pudding.

Every book they had on record had, in its pages, a picture of one Miss Cheerilee. From what they (mostly Sunset) had found , she seemed to switch subjects every decade or so but she was still there never aging. Her appearance may have changed for the time period but she never grew any older. Rarity, AJ and Shy asked around their main work places to get stories form the older generation. They all remembered Cheerilee and Granny Smith revealed that Berry seemed to have been around for just as long.

Sunset had been skeptical at first but the evidence was starting to pile up. The big question being if the two were, in fact, infernal ponies (demons in laymen's terms) , what were they doing on this side of the mirror?

Rainbow raised her hand for the third time before letting it drop again. 'We're sure this is her house, right?"

The girls were standing outside of a modest two story home. The only thing separating it from the other cookie cutter houses in the area was the fact that the owner decided to paint the roof purple.

"Yeah we're sure. This is the address Granny gave me. Now just knock already."

The girls had agreed on a unified front for this, but none of them could blame Rainbow for being hesitant. They had all seen the Sirens come out of Cheerilee's office after riling up the school during lunch. They had originally thought that the three were charming all the teachers till they noticed that Adagio's hair was flat. It puffed back out a moment later, but they still had to wonder what had happened in that class room to faze those 3?

With a fortifying breath, Rainbow finally knocked on the door. It was quickly opened by Sonata in a maid outfit. He eyes widened for a moment before she smiled "Hey, so how may I help you today?"

Rarity could only stare. the uniform was perfect. Not one thread out of place. Not one seam or crease too low or high. It was a perfectly professional retro maid uniform. Where in the world had they found that?!

"Yes Miss Dusk. Is Miss Cheerilee in?"

Sonata's smile seemed to grow a little fake. "Why don't you come in? I'll see if i can find her."

The girls were left in the living room after having to get past Aria (who was dressed like a mall cop). The first thing they noticed, was Berry Punch sleeping on a chair. The TV was playing some old western. A few minutes later, Cheerilee came down the stairs. 'So to what do I owe this unexpected visit?"

The girls had intended to confront her head on. (They don't want to deal with another monster from Equestria destroying the school). But plans, to borrow an old adage, never survive first contact with the enemy. While they were scrambling to speak and talking over one another in the process, Cheerilee raised a hand for quiet and began to change.They watched as a pair of black sheep like horns grew from her head and leathery wings sprouted from her back the last thing they noticed was the heart shaped tip of a tail swaying behind her. "Before you start threatening me, or pass out, let me say that I have no intention of causing problems in the school. I'm contractually obligated to follow all schools rules during my employment and that includes not harming my students or fellow staff."

Rainbow snorted 'Like a contract would stop you from doing something"

For a moment it felt like the house shook as Cheerilee's eyes turned red and she ground her teeth. "Maybe it won't stop a human, but I'm a demon. We are bound by our contracts and must follow them to the letter. Now I'm sure you have questions but can we please continue without insulting my integrity."

Before they could start talking, they heard singing coming from the kitchen where Sonata had wondered off. The song was nice and sung with the same level of skill she used during the battle. Sunset was the first to put two and two together

"You gave them their voices back?"

Cheerilee grinned "I almost gave them their gems back, and before you freak on me, I made sure they can't try the same crap they did at school. The main reason I even helped them was because they were starving without the gems" -

This made the girls cringe. They had never considered that possibility. They thought the gems were power sources not food sources.-

'Fortunately for your sanity, we found a way to convert the negative energy they need to live into a physical form so they can eat it without the gems. They can still sing hypnotically but they don't have any real power now."

This calmed the girls down "S-so they won't be trying to take of the school again, right?"

"Correct miss Shy. Now Let me see if I can.."

Ruby Pinch came running down the stairs "Auntie! Look! Look! I finally grew my wings and horns! see?"

The girls could only stare at the child who had a small set of nubs on her forehead and wings so small that there was no way they could make her fly.

"That's great, dear, but you may want to go back up stairs"

Ruby noticed that they had guests in the house and not just any guests. The girls watched in confusion as Ruby went paler than Rarity and ran to hide behind Adagio, who had followed her down.

The girls looked between the two a few times before Pinkie exploded 'WHAT?!"

The scream was so bad it took out the windows and caused Ruby to crawl into Adagio's hair.

Berry, on the other hand, snorted and rolled over. AJ cleaned out her ear before pointing to Berry

"She's passed out drunk, ain't she?"

The girls gained a huge sweat drop at Cheerilee's nod. A commotion from upstairs was their first warning. Five seconds later, they had watched a woman with grey skin and green hair stumble down the stairs in a black nightgown. The woman took one look at the clock and walked over to where Berry was sleeping before curling up next to her and going back to sleep.

The girls looked at the two for a moment before turning back to Cheerilee. "Get comfortable girls, this is going to be a long story."

The girls were about to learn the oldest secret of the city from someone who was here before the city was even founded.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment