• Published 30th Jun 2016
  • 1,477 Views, 10 Comments

Mail through the mirror - Eon Seb



The girls from Canterlot High get a look at their pony counterparts with a few fun twists.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,477

An Eye Opening Slide Show (misery-verse continuity.)

Author's Note:

This will hopefully explain the changes to the characters and world in my misery verse continuity. Please enjoy and if you don't like it please tell me why. I only ask that you stay polite.

Sunset had gathered the girls to where her odd friend had set up a projector. So they all sat down and got ready for what she had to tell them, her grin looked crazy even by the standards of Pinkie by this point. "Thank you all for coming. Now Sunset, how much have you told them about our home?"

Twilight's question caught her off guard "Uh well I haven't gotten around to that yet" Sunset had a sheepish grin while Twilight's smile fell back to a normal degree of happy-

Just seconds before reaching a new intensity combined with some of her hair springing out of place. "Well, this just got even more fun."

With a snap of her fingers, Twilight put out the lights and turned on the projector. The girls were still getting used to the fact that she could do that. "Now, to start with, the world we come from on the other side of the mirror is much more attuned to the mana flow of the planet. All creatures that live there can utilize it to some degree and even the air itself is charged with what is for all intents and purposes magic. This energy, in fact, exists on this side of the portal as well in the same level. The only difference being humans, as the main sentient species, have no natural way to access that energy so those who can are very rare and often seen as myths and legends."-

for the next 30 minutes Twilight proceeded to give them a lecture that made everything she said scientifically sound even from a human standpoint. " So any questions on that part?"

The girls were all shell-shocked. It was kind of hard to refute something that had just been scientifically explained to you with slides showing that magic was in fact a natural part of the world that humanity could not use most of the time. Applejack was the first to speak up "So what do you really look like if you can use magic?"

She might have still been somewhat skeptical, but she would wait to see if they had proof before claiming that Twilight was full of it.

"I'm glad you asked."

Twilight quickly pulled up a new slide, which held a picture of an odd looking humanoid which had a resemblance to Sunset in her unicorn form. As the girls eyes were switching between her and strange horse person Twilight continued " This is an example of what we normally look like. Thanks for letting me use this picture, Sunset. Now, everyone see the protrusion on her forehead?"

-It was kind of hard to miss the bone white nub on her head that looked like bone with circles carved into it. It actually resembled a crude drawing of an eye come to think of it.-"That holds the part of our brain that allows us to tap into magic" -

The next slide held a grey creature that had the same bone one with huge wings and one that was about a head taller than the others and very well muscled-"These are examples of the main tribes of our kind. Unicorns, AKA casters, have the 'horn' on their head which can be used to actively manipulate magic to a higher degree than the other tribes. Pegasi, AKA angels, have large wings that allow them to fly with magic aid and they can touch and manipulate weather formations. At one time they could also control the weather, but that ability is now very rare. Finally we have the earth pony, now known as giants. They have super strength and a connection with non-wild plants. That sums up the 3 main tribes next we have."

-here she brought up a slide of a strange creature that looked like a bipedal insect and a huge horse with a flowing mane and tail, horn and wings-"These are examples of Changelings. They have the ability to shape shift into anything and feed off of emotional energy, most often love. The other is one of the 3 rulers of our world. She is an alicorn; a biological immortal near invulnerable being of magic and order. She has the best abilities of all three of the main tribes combined and magnified, which makes her one of the most powerful beings of magic alive."

-Here she paused the show again-"So any questions?"

The next half hour was filled with question ranging from diet ("Yes we can still eat hay; we're ovi-lacto herbivores.") to the embarrassing ("Yes, clothing is mandatory, Rarity." or "No, Rainbow. We do not go walking around in the nude in public.")

Once the Q&A session was over, Twilight brought up the next set of slides.

These contained a familiar looking equine morph with a pink mane and coat the girls were sure it was another Pinkie, till they saw the cleaver. The mare was large, well muscled, with a dull pink body and flat mane standing next to a cleaver that was 3/4 her size!

"What the hell, Twi?! How did you convince some one to act like that?!"

Twilight had to pull herself out of a mental argument about showing that picture first before she could answer. "Okay. First off, the next few picture's include our world's versions of you girls, and what I look like along with a few others, and that is how she normally acts. The cleaver is a weapon for if she gets attacked or a monster tries to break into town again. But I solemnly swear that those are the only circumstances she uses that cleaver under. She is NOT a bad pony."

The girls looked to Sunset for conformation. It can't be that bad in their home right? When she nodded in agreement with Twilight, they just turned around to continue the show. The next picture had a name with it this time and was of Rarity who looked even more elegant due to being in her prime. The next slide, however, made Rarity scream

(By jkrolak)

The creature was an arachnophobe's worst nightmare and it looked like Rarity from the waist up. Rainbow and Applejack lost it They were rolling on the floor laughing and Rarity curling into a ball on her chair was not helping. Pinkie apologizing for 'killing her kin' only made her sob a bit more. Fluttershy's declaration of "She's so cute" before thinking about what she said made everyone stop, before she turned red as a cherry and hid in her hair realizing what she just said about one of her friends. Once the laughter died down and Rarity was assured that her counterpart had no interest in coming to this side of the mirror, they continued.

The next slide held Applejack, if she had been raised by nobility, the hair was perfect the dress was perfect her posture was refined to military precision. Which was ruined by the picture next to it of a creature which looked like a wooden werewolf like creature with the torso and head of AJ with glowing eyes.

"What in tarnation is that? So I'm a prissy little doll that can turn into a wood wolf in your world!?"

Twilight could only shake her head "That prissy little doll is one of the best business mares in the city and holds a near- monopoly on all produce. The timber wolf form is due to an accident with the forest. She can control it, but tends to avoid using it outside of emergencies. Until the recent unpleasantness that happened, most of us kept our secrets to ourselves or one close friend."-

She let the girls ponder that before continuing " Now next is Fluttershy" the picture of a winged pony trying to hide in the wings was cute until they saw the red eye glaring at the camera, and noticed that the wings were those of a bat

Rainbow's jaw hit the floor "Shy's a vampire in your world? Awesome!" Fluttershy had just come out of her hair only to shrink away again with a bright blush and a slight nose bleed.

Twilight grimaced 'Yeah she also hates cameras. I had to run for quite a while after getting that picture. Next, Rainbow-"

This slide held several photos of a blue equine, who looked out downright normal at first glance in the first picture. The next one showed a pair of nasty vertical scars on her back and the third had her sitting on a grey mass that they quickly recognized as a cloud."

Sunset was the first to comment "But only angels can.. Oh fuck" The girls could only stare a Sunset she never swore.

Rainbow just looked at her "What? What am I not getting?"

She was not expecting a hug "Those scares are from where her wings used to be, right?" Twilight's nodding with no smile on her face got the message through that this was not good.

One in-depth explanation about the psychological damage caused by the loss of an angels wings later, the girls needed something to cheer them up.

Fortunately, Twilight had just the thing to get their minds off depressing thoughts, the next slide held a reptilian humanoid who was purple with a full head of green hair. Twilight's smile became strangely comforting "This is Spike, my little boy"

It took the girls 3 seconds to connect the dots "You have a kid!?" Pinkies shout could have broken glass if there was a window in the room. By that point, all of them were staring at her trying to figure out how she had that as a son.

"How could you have a child that old at your age, darling?" Rarity was trying to figure out how someone who was her age had a son the age of her sister.

Twilight stuck her nose in the air "I happen to be 25 years old. At least I am in our world. No idea why my age changes when I use the portal. Even if I was this young, I didn't give birth to him. I hatched his egg and he imprinted on me so he's my son."

Pinkies shout about her age was the loudest reaction, though her explanation did calm them down a little. The next slide held a creature which was standing on a pair of cloven hooves looked about 7 feet high, had 2 large black horns curling back on it's head and was all shades of purple. The grin on it's face left no question. That was Twilight.

"Wait, when did you turn into that!?" Sunset was in a state of mild shock. How had the mare that helped her around the lab just a few years ago turn into something out of a horror movie."

Twilight's face became impassive "Are you sure you really want to know?"

All the girls nodded. After that question, it was taken all the control they had (Plus the shock from the other pictures) to not freak at the thought that their new friend was a demon. "Okay i tell you the tale of how I became what I am. Get comfortable cause its a long and scary story"

And so the girls got ready to hear the story of the newest magic eater: Twilight the Mad