• Published 10th May 2016
  • 3,657 Views, 69 Comments

For Whom the Bell Tolls - Rathbane



Twlight goes to the human world for a weekend of fun in the mountains. Thanks to Sonata's hypnotic help her trip will be a lot more interesting then she thought.

  • ...
8
 69
 3,657

The Big Show

Twilight and Sunset stood in the lobby with the others after dinner.

“How you doing, Twilight?” Applejack asked, “We heard about the weird day you’ve been having.”

“Yeah, I think I’m okay now, thanks,” Twilight said, smiling at her.

“So should we head to Sonata’s show now?” Rarity asked, “It’s starting soon and we want to make sure we get good seats.”

“Of course, so we can make sure she doesn’t try anything funny,” Rainbow Dash said.

“I’d be more worried about the other two,” Sunset said, “We need to look around and make sure they’re not there.”

“Right!” the others said.

Adagio sat in the room the lodge had provided for the three of them. She turned when she heard the door open and Aria stepped inside.

“There you are,” she said in annoyance, “Now I’ve been thinking; I couldn’t take control of that Twilight girl last night because she would only listen to Sonata. However, the show tonight is for Canterlot High students only. We had that whole student body under our spell. If they get hypnotized by Sonata they’ll think it’s similar to how we had control of them before, and I bet they’d be more then happy to take orders from all three of us again. So all we need to do is: sneak in there and stealthily take over their minds during the show. How does that sound?”

Aria turned to her and Adagio could see she had teal and blue spirals in her eyes.

“Sorry, but Mistress Sonata isn’t happy with you after you interfered with her hypnosis session with Twilight last night. She doesn’t want you interrupting her show tonight, so she asked me to keep you away from it. She didn’t specify how, so I’ll improvise.”

“Improvise how?” Adagio said in annoyance.

Aria stood between her and the door and pulled out a frying pan.

“With this,” she said, pointing it towards Adagio.

“Why can’t you be this proactive when you’re not hypnotized?” Adagio said, as she back away.

The Baroque Lounge had been transformed for the show, the once empty floor was now filled with tables, the bar was serving non-alcoholic drinks, and blue flames danced in the fireplace.

Twilight and the others sat at a table with seven chairs around it and looked around at the ever growing crowd of people entering the lounge.

“Wow, I guess a lot of people wanted to see the show,” Sunset said.

“I bet a lot of them just want to see if this stuff actually works,” Rainbow Dash said, “It’s probably fake, she’s lost her powers after all and it never seemed like Sonata was the brains of the outfit.”

They chatted a little while longer until the houselights dimmed.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, the Baroque Lounge is proud to present: Sonata Dusk, Stage Hypnotist Extraordinaire!” an announcer declared.

Sonata then stepped up on the stage and smiled as the crowd applauded her.

“Thank you everyone,” she said, waving to the crowd “Are you ready to have some hypno fun? All I need is five brave volunteers to come up on stage and fall under my spell. So who wants to be hypnotized tonight?”

Fluttershy’s hand immediately shot up, followed by Twilight’s.

“You’re volunteering too?” Sunset said in disbelief.

“Yup,” Twilight said.

“What made you change your mind?”

“I guess your speech about how maybe she’s changed made me want to give her another chance,” Twilight said, trying to justify the effects of the previous night’s post-hypnotic suggestion.

“Alright, you two come on up,” Sonata said, pointing to them.

Twilight and Fluttershy got up and sat next to each other on the stage.

Over at his table, Flash sat with his group of friends.

“Hey Flash, you gonna volunteer?” one of them asked.

“No,” he responded, glaring at him.

“What, are you, chicken?”

“No, plus if I go up there, she’ll probably make me think I am one.”

“Better to think you’re one, then be one,” the friend responded.

“Alright fine,” Flash said, raising his hand, “But if you put any of this online, I’m pushing your bed off the mountain while you sleep tonight.”

He got up when Sonata pointed to him and made his way to the stage.

Sonata then proceeded to select two more volunteers. Once they were seated, she faced her five subjects.

“Thanks for volunteering guys, now please introduce yourselves to everyone.”

“Twilight Sparkle.”

“Fluttershy.”

“Minuette.”

“Flash Sentry.”

“Roseluck.”

“It’s nice to meet you all,” Sonata said, smiling at them, “Are you guys ready?”

The five volunteers nodded.

“Then let the fun begin,” Sonata said, as she pulled out her pocket watch and let it dangle in front of their eyes, “Now, just watch my watch.”

This’ll never work, Flash thought, as he followed the swinging watch with his eyes.

I’m getting the strangest feeling of déjà vu, Sunset thought from the audience.

“That’s it, just watch it swing. Back and forth. Back and forth. Follow the watch with your eyes and take a nice deep breath,” Sonata continued.

This really is just like my dreams, Fluttershy thought, as she took a deep breath in and out, I’m so excited.

“Breath in and out. In and out. Just relax,” Sonata continued, “Focus on my pretty silver watch. It’s so beautiful. It’s all you want to look at, as it swings back and forth in front of your eyes.”

It’s so beautiful. I can’t look away, Minuette thought.

“Watch the watch and relax. Feel a warm wave of relaxation come over you like you’re being covered by a soft fuzzy blanket,” Sonata continued.

I feel so warm and relaxed, Roseluck thought.

“Just relax more and more. You’re so warm and relaxed, your bodies relax as wave after wave of relaxation comes over you. Let your arms and legs grow limp.”

This feels wonderful, Twilight thought, as her arms flopped to her side, It’s familiar somehow, but very wonderful. I’m so relaxed. I feel a little sleepy even.

“You’re so relaxed now,” Sonata said, “So relaxed and so sleepy. All you want to do now is focus on how tired and drowsy you are. You’re feeling very sleepy. So sleepy that when I count from five to zero you will fall into a deep hypnotized sleep for me. Five…you guys are doing great. You’ve been the most wonderful volunteers. Four…your eyelids are getting heavy. Three…think only about falling into hypnosis. Two…minds growing blank. One…so ready to sleep. Zero….now sleep for me,” Sonata said, finishing up the induction with a finger snap.

At her count of zero, all five volunteer’s eyes blinked shut and their heads slumped forward. Fluttershy’s flopped to the side a little so she was resting her head on Twilight’s shoulder.

Sonata then turned and faced the audience, “My brave volunteers our now under my hypnotic spell, so that means the real fun can begin.”

She clapped her hands together in excitement before she turned around to face her hypnotized subjects again.

“Alright guys, you are now deeply hypnotized. As long as you are in your trances you will be completely open to all my suggestions and commands, do you understand?”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata,” the five said in unison.

“Great! Now, don’t you just love how being hypnotized feels?”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata.”

“I bet you love it just so very much. In fact you might want get up and cheer about it. Fluttershy, when I snap my fingers you will open your eyes and think you’re a cheerleader. You’ll then lead us all in a cheer routine dedicated to how awesome hypnosis is.”

Sonata snapped her fingers and Fluttershy’s eyes blinked open, revealing blue and teal spirals in them.

She sprang out of her chair and faced the crowd.

“Good evening, Canterlot High!” she shouted excitedly, “Let’s all show hypnosis how much we love it! Give me an H! Give me a Y! Give me a P!”

“Come on guys, join in,” Sonata said, to the others.

“Give me an N!” Fluttershy shouted.

“N!” Twilight and the others said, their voices in a monotone as they limply thrusted their fists into the air.

“Give me an O!”

“O!”

“Come on, everybody join in,” Sonata said, to the crowd.

“Give me an S!” Fluttershy shouted, her enthusiasm reaching its peak.

“S!” murmured the crowd and the hypnotized volunteers.

“Give me an I”

“I!”

“Give me another S!” Fluttershy said, jumping in the air as she shouted.

“S!”

“What’s that spell?”

“Hypnosis!” the crowd said, with varying levels of enthusiasm.

“Hypnosis, Hypnosis it’s the best! It puts our brains to rest!” Fluttershy chanted, “Sonata, Sonata we all fell! Deep under your powerful hypnotic spell!”

“Wooo!” Sonata shouted, “Thanks for firing us up Fluttershy, you can take your seat again.”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata,” Fluttershy said, as she sat back down.

“Now that there’s been some excitement, let’s have some real fun,” Sonata said, as she walked over to Twilight and whispered something into her ear. She snapped her fingers and Twilight’s eyes opened, revealing blue and teal spirals.

Twilight got out of her seat and walked wordlessly across the stage. She then walked over to where Sunset was sitting and put her hand on Sunset’s chair.

“You’re beautiful,” Twilight said.

“Wait..what?!” Sunset said her voice filled with shock.

“Your body is wonderful. It is the very picture of perfection,” Twilight said.

“Twi…Twilight, what are you saying,” Sunset said, blushing, “Did Sonata put you up to this?”

“And you’re made of oak…no wait maple. That’s why you’re so sweet,” Twilight added.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Sunset said her shock turning into confusion.

“I’m talking about your chair, Sunset. It’s the most wonderful thing in the world. I call him, Reginald…and I am in love with him.”

Everyone immediately burst out laughing.

“Oh Reginald, promise me you’ll wait for me until the show is done,” Twilight said, rubbing her hand across the back of the chair.”

“Of course I will,” Rainbow Dash said in a bad British accent, resulting in Applejack elbowing her in the ribs.

“Thank you, Reginald,” Twilight said, as she smiled and made her way back to her seat.

“That was weird,” Sunset said, still blushing a little, “Sonata has so much influence over their minds now.”

Once Twilight had sat back down, Sonata turned her attention to Flash.

“You look really strong,” she said, “Please open your eyes and stand up.”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata,” Flash said, revealing his own spiraling eyes.

“Now, I want you to imagine all the strength leaving your arms. You’re growing weaker and weaker. All your strength is gone. Poof!”

“My strength is gone,” Flash said in a monotone.

“Now, would you be a gentleman and hold my bendy straw?” Sonata said, as she pulled out a straw.
“Of course, Mistress Sonata,” Flash said, as he held out his hand.

She placed the straw in his hand and immediately he began to strain against its ‘weight’

“So…heavy!” Flash grunted, trying to help relieve the strain by bracing his wrist with his other hand. Eventually he gave into the weight of the bendy straw, and fell to the ground.

“Thank you,” Sonata said, taking the straw back from him, “Your strength has returned, you may return to your seat.”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata,” he said, as he got back to his feet.

Sonata walked over to Fluttershy again.

“Did you enjoy being a cheerleader, Fluttershy?”

“Yes I did, Mistress Sonata,” Fluttershy said, smiling at her.

“Well, it’s time to think you’re something else. When I snap my fingers, you will think you’re a mouse,” Sonata said, before snapping her fingers.

Fluttershy got down on her knees.

“Squeak squeak!” Fluttershy said, as she sniffed the air and chattered her teeth a little. She then began to crawl around on all fours.

“And Roseluck, when I clap my hands you will think you’re a cat,” Sonata said, as she clapped her hands.

Roseluck’s eyes blinked open, and she got on all fours as well.

“Meow, meow,” Roseluck said, before she crawled over and rubbed her head against Sonata’s leg, “Purrrr.”

A few people in audience shouted, “Awwww.”

Roseluck then narrowed her spiraling eyes, as she had noticed Fluttershy, “Hisssss”

“Squeeeeeeeeeak!” Fluttershy cried in terror, before she began racing around the stage, with Roseluck in hot pursuit.

The two chased each other in circles around the chairs, Fluttershy always maintaining a slight lead. Eventually the lead narrowed, and Roseluck cornered her at the back of the stage.

“How about we turn the tables,” Sonata said, “Fluttershy, on the count of three you will think you’re a dog. 1…2…3.”

When the count of three reached her, Fluttershy’s expression went from fear to anger.

“Grrrrrrr,” she growled at Roseluck.

“Rowwwwr!” Roseluck shrieked, as she turned around as Fluttershy began pursuing her. Fluttershy chased her around the stage in a reverse version of their earlier chase and eventually cornered Roseluck.

“Meowwww!” Roseluck cried in terror.

“And back to your trances,” Sonata commanded, as she snapped her fingers.

Fluttershy and Roseluck immediately stopped acting like animals, and stood up with their arms at their sides.

“I guess the stage hypnotist is at the top of the food chain,” Sonata said, as she winked at the crowd, “Okay, you guys can sit down now.”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata,” Fluttershy and Roseluck said.

Once they sat down, Sonata whispered something into Minuette’s ear. Minuette’s eyes blinked open, and a confident smirk spread across her face. She then ran over and grabbed a microphone off its stand and pointed to the crowd.

“Alright you losers listen up!” she shouted, “Minuette the Mauler’s back in town, and she is determined to retake the belt in the CWW championship match! I won’t take any sass and I’ll take on all comers. So who will meet me in the squared circle? Heck, I’ll even take on a tag team, because I’m that amazing.”

“Oh my, she’s acting even less civilized then Fluttershy and Roseluck were,” Rarity said.

“This is great,” Rainbow Dash said, chuckling.

“Oh, I see Fancy Pants and Rainbow Head have accepted my challenge. Well I’m ready to go if you are Team Fancy Head!” Minuette said, the hamminess in her voice increasing by the second.

“You’re on!” Rainbow Dash said, getting to her feet.

“Don’t encourage her!” Rarity shouted in annoyance.

“You don’t stand a chance,” Minuette said.

“Heh, you’ll be down for the count in a second, I’ve got a black belt in karate after all,” Rainbow Dash said confidently.

“Well, I’ve got a black belt in butt kicking. I’ll kick your butt, then I’ll body slam her so hard her hair will hurt.”

“You’re nothing but a brainwashed brute,” Rarity said, taking the threat personally.

“Then I’ll see you two in the ring September 23rd at Canterlotamania 37, only on PAY! PER! VIEW! Be there or be square!” Minutette shouted, thrusting her fist in the air. She then went back to her seat and promptly fell back into her trance.

“Hmmm, what to do next,” Sonata said, thinking out loud, “Oh, I know. Twilight, you can no longer remember the number four. It doesn’t exist in your mind.”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata. I no longer know the number four.”

“Wonderful, now can you tell me what two plus two is?”

A confident smirk spread across Twilight’s face, “That’s easy. It’s uh…um…”

Confused by being able to answer the question, Twilight began counting off her fingers, “Let’s see here, 1…2…3…5….no, no that doesn’t make any sense. Two plus two, gah I should know this. Okay let’s break this down. You’ve got the two, that’s 1..2. Then you’ve got the other two, 1…2. Then you stick them together and get…what…what do you get? There’s an answer there, but it’s not coming to me. Maybe my math skills are getting rusty. One plus one is two. Three plus three is six. Two plus two issssssss…..I got nothing.”

“Please could you try again,” Sonata said, flashing her puppy dog eyes at Twilight.

“Anything for you, Mistress Sonata,” Twilight said, “Okay, this is it. Time to figure it out. Two plus two is….Ffffffffffffffffff….Thrieve! I think that’s a number.”

“Works for me,” Sonata said, “Now then, you can no longer remember the letter T either.”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata. I can no longer remember the letter T.”

“What is your name?” Sonata asked.

“Wiligh Sparkle,” Twilight said, happily.

“And what is my name.”

“Sonaa Dusk, Sage Hypnois Exrodinare!” Twilight said, still struggling to pronounce the strange new words she was creating.

“Very good, you can remember the number four and the letter T again,” Sonata said.

“Ohhhhhh, now I remember. Two plus two is four, not thrieve. How silly of me,” Twilight said happily.

“I knew you could help me with that,” Sonata said, “Now, Flash and Roseluck, when I snap my fingers you will come to the front of the stage and believe you’ve just been voted prom king and queen. You will be giving your acceptance speeches, there’s just one small problem, you’ll hate each other’s guts.”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata,” they said in unison.

Sonata snapped her fingers, and the two made their way to the front of the stage, making it a point to bump into one another as much as possible.

“Thank you, Canterlot High, for voting me your prom king, I’d say you have good judgment but then I realize you voted for this annoying piece of work,” Flash said.

“Hah, you’re one to talk. You’re ego is so big it’s about to push me off the stage,” Roseluck said, “Thank you, Canterlot High, for choosing me to be your prom queen. I will serve the role with beauty, charm, and grace.”

“Highly unlikely since you lack all three,” Flash said.

“Oh snap!” one of Flash’s friends shouted.

“At least my hair doesn’t look like I stuck my finger an electrical socket,” Roseluck said, glaring at Flash.

“At least I’ve got a cool sounding name. Here’s a newsflash for ya, Roses aren’t lucky.”

“Oh, that is it! I don’t have to put up with this!”

“I don’t either! I’m forming my own kingdom to take you down!” Flash said, before turning towards the other volunteers, “Twilight, will you be my queen and help me take down the Roseluck Kingdom!?”

Twilight sprang to her feet and joined him by his side, “Of course I will. Down with the Roseluck Kingdom!”

“If you need two people to take me down, that just means you’re weak!” Roseluck said.

The two then stared angrily at each other. Roseluck and Twilight growled, while Flash made a throat cutting motion.

“Is it me, or did Twilight, jump to his defense a little too quickly,” Applejack said.

“She’d better be careful, or Reginald will get jealous,” Rainbow Dash said, laughing.

“We’d better hide the silverware in case they jump off stage before Sonata stops them,” Sunset said.

“And sleep!” Sonata said, snapping her fingers.

Twilight, Flash, and Roseluck’s eyes blinked shut as they fell back into a deep hypnotized sleep.

“Whew, that got a little more intense then I thought,” Sonata said, as she guided them back to their seats, “Oh well, when you make stuff up as you go you learn what works and what doesn’t.”

The audience laughed nervously for a bit, as they weren’t quite sure how to react to her statement.

“Now let’s try something a little less intense. Minuette, on the count of three you will believe you are the world’s best accountant. 1..2…3.”

“Mistress Sonata, I’m glad I caught you,” Minuette said, “You forgot to file a 12-37b form with your last tax return. Don’t worry though; I filed a temporary 779-23 form to get you an extension. You won’t be audited on my watch, for I am Minuette, the world’s greatest accountant. I also organized all your receipts and found a couple of loopholes. Since you use your pocket watch in your place of business you can write it off as a tax deduction, since it’s more then just a piece of jewelry.”

“Thank you Minuette, you really came through for me,” Sonata said, smiling at her.

“If you ever need any further assistance you can reach me at any one of my offices. I’m located in Canterlot, Wollertown, and of course, Painville…which where I’ll be taking you Rainbow Dash,” Minuette said, as she pointed at Rainbow Dash and took on her hammy way of speaking again, “When we meet in the ring September 23rd, only one PAY! PER! VIEW!”

“What in tarnation was that about?” Applejack said, as she watched Minuette return to her seat.

“I think Minuette’s original suggestion merged with her second one, making her an…accountant wrestler,” Sunset said, becoming just as confused as Applejack.

“Alright guys, drop back into a deep hypnotized sleep,” Sonata said.

The volunteers complied, and their eyes locked shut again as their heads dropped to their chests.

“Now it’s time for a suggestion you can all enjoy,” Sonata said, smiling, “When I snap my fingers you will open your eyes and imagine the audience has disappeared.”

She snapped her fingers and their eyes opened.

“Oh my gosh, Twilight, everyone’s gone,” Fluttershy said, her voice filled with fear.

“For realisies? I didn’t notice,” Sonata said, playing along.

“How is this possible?” Minuette asked.

“Maybe some sort of catastrophe happened, and we were all spared,” Twilight said, “I’ll have to do some research.”

“Or maybe they all went to the bathroom at once,” Roseluck said.

“That’s ridiculous,” Flash said, “No, there’s really only one explanation for all this. It wasn’t a disaster, it wasn’t a bathroom break. They were all abducted by aliens!”

“What?” Twilight said, her voice a mixture of annoyance and disbelief.

“They’ve vanished without a trace, that means we’re dealing with something more powerful then anything on earth,” Flash continued, “By shear luck we didn’t get abducted. That means we need to form a rebellion. If aliens are abducting people, you all know what comes next right?”

“An alien invasion!” Fluttershy, Minuette, and Roseluck screamed.

Twilight opted to rub the bridge of her nose in annoyance.

“No! No! No! This can’t be happening,” Minuette said.

“It is, and we need to get ready for anything,” Flash said.

“Guys, there isn’t an alien invasion,” Twilight said.

“That’s what the aliens would want us to think,” Roseluck said, “She must be one of them.”

“Get her!” Flash shouted.

“What?!” Twilight said, her disbelief and annoyance reaching a breaking point.

“Why don’t you guys go back to your seats?” Sonata said, “There’s been one too many angry mobs on stage so far tonight.”

“Yes, Mistress Sonata,” the volunteers said, as they obeyed.

“Sorry guys, but it’s time for the show to come to the end and bring you out of hypnosis,” Sonata said, “You’ve been great volunteers.”

Her compliment resulted in smiles spreading across all their faces.

“Now, when I count to three you will come out of your trances. You’ll feel great, and remember everything that happened and you’ll be free from my hypnotic influence. 1…waking up. 2…coming out of trance….3…back to normal,” Sonata said, adding in one final finger snap.

The spirals in their eyes faded away, and the volunteers began to yawn and stretch.

“Thank you for coming to my show tonight. You were a great audience,” Sonata said, facing the crowd as they applauded her, “And don’t forget to clap for my great volunteers.”

The audience did as she asked and applauded for them as they walked off the stage.

“So did you enjoy yourself, Fluttershy?” Rarity asked.

“Oh, I most certainly did. It was just like my dreams where Sunset is a stage hypnotist, only real! I still can’t believe I got up and cheered like that in front of everyone,” Fluttershy said happily.

“Wait, what if Sunset really is a stage hypnotist and she’s secretly plotting to turn us all into chickens in order to run all the egg farmers out of business,” Pinkie said.

“I was a bit concerned about how y’all were a bit eager to call her ‘Mistress Sonata,’” Applejack said, ignoring her.

“Yeah, I just felt the urge to call her that,” Twilight said, “Everyone else did apparently. But, I guess it was all just for show in the end.”

“You were also a bit eager to join up with Flash’s ‘kingdom,’” Rarity said.

“Well…um, it was kind of an impulse thing…due to the hypnosis…yeah,” Twilight said, blushing.

“Ow!” someone shouted from across the room.

They turned to see one of Flash’s friends rubbing his shoulder.

“Poke me with that bendy straw again and I’ll punch the other arm,” Flash warned him.

“Impulse or not, he probably lost a few points in your book with the whole ‘alien invasion’ theory right?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah, I was not happy about that,” Twilight said.

“If that’s the case, you don’t need to worry,” Rainbow Dash said, waving her arm towards Sunset’s chair, “Reginald waited for you, just like you asked him to.”

Twilight blushed, before turning to Sunset, “Sorry if what I said made you uncomfortable.”

“That’s okay, at least what you said was nice, even if it was meant for a chair.”

They all giggled for a bit before they got up to leave.

“It’s been a wild and crazy day. I’d say it’s time to hit the hay,” Applejack said.

“Yup,” they all said in unison.

As they started to walk towards the door they heard another shout of, “Ow!”

“What did I just tell you five seconds ago?” Flash said angrily.


The next morning Twilight and the others stood in the lobby checking out.

“I hope you enjoyed your stay,” Mr. Sardo said, “I’m once again sorry for Ms. Adagio and Ms. Aria’s behavior.”

“That’s okay,” Twilight said, “Everyone else was super friendly.”

“Glad to hear it. Join us again someday, please.”

The checkout process complete, they took one last look at the lobby and stepped out to their cars.

The ride down the mountains was a lot less intense due the weather and roads being nice and clear.

“Did you see Flash at breakfast?” Sunset said, “He was doing his best to convince Roseluck that all those nasty things he said were due to the hypnosis.”

“Yeah, I felt sorry for him.”

“Minuette, developed a bit of fan club though. Lyra and Bon Bon were posing with her for pictures and to get ‘Minuette the Mauler’s’ autograph.”

Twilight chuckled at the thought.

“Thanks again for sticking with me for all that craziness yesterday,” Twilight said, smiling at her.

“No problem.”

“Hopefully if we can make it up here again, we won’t have to deal with it.”

“If we do, I’ll be at your side again.”

“Thanks.”

They drove back to Canterlot High, continuing their conversation all the way home.

Once they had arrived back at the portal, Twilight wished them all goodbye and hugged them all before traveling back to Equestria.


Back at the lodge, the Dazzlings sat at a table eating lunch.

“I still can’t believe you hypnotized Aria to keep watch over me,” Adagio said in annoyance, “And I can’t believe your definition of improvising is to use a frying pan.”

“You should’ve seen the look on your face,” Aria said, smirking.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t trust you to come to my show last night. It was ah-mazing, I had some of the best volunteers ever. Hmmmm I wonder though, when I told them that when they came out of their trances that they’d be free from my hypnotic influence did Twilight realize I meant she was also free from my influence from the night before too? I’m sure she did, she’s pretty smart,” Sonata said, before she dove back into her sandwich.


Back in Equestria, Double Diamond studied the mountain below him. A flash of light caused him to turn his attention to the source.

He was shocked to see Twilight standing there, she had on a scarf and ski goggles. A snowboard sat by her, and she had teal and blue spirals in her eyes.

“Pri…Princess Twilight? What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Why, to check out these amazing slopes of course!” Twilight said, as she hopped onto her snowboard and pushed off.

Double Diamond stared in disbelief as she rocketed down the mountainside.

“Woooo hooo!” Twilight happily shouted.

Author's Note:

And so this fun little hypno-fun story comes to a close with a big dose of hypno-fun.

I must admit a lot of the suggestions I thought up on my own but a couple i cheated with like the forget numbers by looking up a list of popular stage hypnosis suggestions.

Hope you liked my choices. I know we didn't see really any of non-hypnotized Minuette and Roseluck, but I just wanted a couple of underrepresented EQG characters to take the stage.
Plus Minuette the Mauler has great added alliterative appeal.

I'm not much of a shipper I just look at what the show presents and go 'eh' but I felt having a bit of a ship-tease moment between the two biggest Twilight setups for EQG might be fun to include.

All and all I hope you guys enjoyed Sonata's stage hypnosis show and the story as a whole.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions please :)

Comments ( 16 )

It was alright. It ultimately felt like just a generic hypnosis stage show. I thought Twilight was being set up for some interesting stuff she needed a plant for, but there were five volunteers who didn't seem to need to be prepped to volunteer, and Twilight was just one of the five.

7462616

Sorry if it felt too generic. I just wanted to go with a lot of hypnosis fun.

Plus as Sonata has shown no prep is necessary with her :)

I personally enjoyed the story. Though one thing.

“Very good, you can remember the number two and the letter T again,” Sonata said.

I think it's supposed to be the number four that Twilight can remember now.

7462738

D'oh.

Good eye I got so number mixed I screwed that up.


Glad you enjoyed it my friend.

I enjoyed it. Plus thought it was funny with the Dazzling part

Oh mans, this story was great! Not much to really say though since I can't critique well. Except that frying pans are great weapons and Sonata was right for using one to keep Adagio at bay! They work in L4D2, they work in Tangled, they work in TF2, and they sure as hell work here!

XDDD to the end there. XD

7463112


Lol. And to think it was improvised as a weapon too.

7463681


Leave em laughing they say lol.

7464295 To be fair, it was improvised every time except maaaaybe TF2.

I liked the ending the best.

So you got any ideas for your next fantasy fic, or are you going to take a break for a little bit from the series?

Chances are you're not going to tell me your ideas.

Funny ending thanks for writing it.

7467193

No problem. Glad you enjoyed it my friend :)

7465039

Heh yeah wanted to do a bit of a 'here we go again' ending.

Glad you liked the ending and the show.

7465048

Currently at a loss for the next part of the series. So the focus now will be on Bad Theapy.

Login or register to comment