• Published 23rd May 2016
  • 1,489 Views, 17 Comments

Outside - BlueSupernova



The Rainbooms tour is coming to a close and Sunset has managed to keep it together since Manehatten. Until now. The final show is in the Canterlot High field. Twilight will be there. This can only end well..right?

  • ...
4
 17
 1,489

Breakfast off a mirror, Dying slow, seems a little boring.

Through out the whole tour Sunset did a good job of hiding the fact that she was completely heartbroken over their first show in Manehatten. The girls did a good job not mentioning anything about Twilight or the situation which only served to help Sunset and she was thankful for that no doubt. That was until she found out about their final concert destination. Canterlot. And not just anywhere in Canterlot but the massive field behind Canterlot high where they defeated the sirens. What made matters worse is that the whole of Canterlot High was going to be there..including Twilight.

"She's been staring at a black screen for half an hour.." Rainbow whispered to the rest of group while they all stared at Sunset,who was completely out of it,staring at her laptop.

"I told we should of cancelled," Rarity spoke,biting her lip before taking a step towards Sunset which cause the firey haired girl to jump slightly and looked at Rarity with widened eyes before they slowly narrowed until they were small slits. Rarity only gulped and shifted her eyes around the room before they rested back on Sunset who still stared at her menacingly,not saying a word.

"She looks like she's getting ready to purge..."

"Shut up,Rainbow..!" Applejack whispered angrily before scrambling to Rarity's side and moving in front of her. She gripped Sunset's shoulders tightly and raised her hand,smacking Sunset hard across the face which earned a yelp from Sunset and a vigorous shake of her head.

"What the-" Sunset spoke in a dazed tone,rubbing her now red cheek and looking around. She stopped to see the whole band staring at her with worry and concern "What?"

"Sunset. Darling. Are you sure you are okay with preforming tonight?" Rarity asked carefully,clutching onto Applejack's shirt while the cowgirls arm made its way around her.

Sunset looked down at her feet and paused. She stayed like this for a few seconds before looking back up at her friends with a bright smile,standing up and putting the ring box she had so desperatly clung onto this whole jounrey into the safe box. She closed it and turned back to the guys with a massive sigh of relief escaping her lips.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Lets just rock tonights preformance and go out with a bang," Sunset replied which earned a cheer from everyone and then lead to a group hug. Sunset's smiled widened until she heard the engine die down and then come to a complete stop.

"We're here lets go lets go lets go!" Pinkie shouted before zooming off the bus,leaving only a trail of smoke behind her.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"I really don't feel like it,Shiny," Twilight spoke from her bed,looking up from her book and pushing up her glasses. She knew her brother really love The Rainbooms and really wanted to go to the concert but not on his own. Cadence really wanted to go but was busy with work and the siblings parents didn't understand the big deal with The Rainbooms type of music.

"Twily..I know you're upset with everything that has happened and about..you know who-" Shining Armor said softly before sitting on the edge of Twilight's bed "-but you also know how much I've been looking forward to this. Please Twily,"

Twilight looked at her brothers pleading face and just sighed before shaking her head and then smiling "Okay Shiny. If it means that much to you I will go,"

"Yes! Thank you!" Shining Armor cried out happily,pulling his sister into a bone crunching hug before spiritng off out her room with a huge grin.

Twilight's smile faded once he left and she reached under her pillow,pulling a picture of her and Sunset out. It was a picture of their first kiss that Sunset insisted of getting printed out as a memory. She flipped the picture over and read the message on the back.

'Twilight. My love. Let this picture remind us of the time we finally confessed our undying love for each other and let it remain in our lives forever. Sunset xx' The note read. Twilight had let a few tears slip down her cheeks before quickly wiping them away.

"Come on!" Shining Armor shouted from downstairs,swinging the front door open and rushing to the car outside in the driveway.

Twilight stood up and quickly put on her shoes,the photo slipping out of her hand as she ran out of her room,out the house and to the car.

-_-_-_-_-_-_

The Rainbooms were going over the new arrangments when Fluttershy came running backstage

"U-um Twilight is here with Shining Armor.." She spoke softly,looking over at Sunset with worry which was joined by the rest of the band. Sunset just looked at them and put a hand up in front of her with a gentle,caring smile on her lips.

"Guys really I'll be okay. But how about we start with Black Dahlia? Then we can go into Usual Suspects followed by City then Save me then our cover of Beartooth's Agressive then go into Outside," Sunset spoke,the smile now turning into a grin as she put her guitar around her with help of her guitar strap.

"Depressing to completly rocking it out? I'm down!" Rainbow yelled with a cocky smirk,throwing her fist into the air and chanting 'Hoorah'. Sunset was next to join in the chanting followed by Applejack,Pinkie,Rairty and Fluttershy. They all put their hands in a circle and threw them into the air with one last 'hoorah' before putting their masks on and walking onto stage.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sunset was singing her heart out in Black Dahlia,sinking to her knees at the end of the song and seemingly remaining there. Twilight was in the crowd looking directly at Sunset,her eyes losing the colour in them a little as she watched the firey haired girl remain still on her knees. Was she begging for something? Forgiveness? Hope? The song was an apology but also a song of blame. She couldn't figure out if this directed at her or it was just part of the setlist. Twilight glanced to her brother who was leaning so far over the front bar she thought he was going to was going to flip himself over it. Her head snapped forward when she heard a laugh. A manic one at that coming straight from her ex and thats when the intro for Usual Suspects kicked in and she jumped to her feet. Shining Armor began to chant and cheer while Twilight just sighed,leaning against the front bar.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sunset had finished City and walked to the front of the stage,raising a hand in the air.

"What is up Canterlot?!" Sunset yelled into the mic which earned a massive cheer from everyone. Sunset took this time to signal the rest of the band to take off their masks which they did. Sunset was the last one to remove her mask and threw it backstage before looking back over the crowd,her eyes setting on Twilight. The cyan coloured eyes stayed there as she contiuned to speak.

"This next song is called Save Me. Join in if you know it," She spoke loudly but also lowly. Boldly but shaken. Excited but scared. She swung her guitar so it was now resting against her back before letting out a long breath,the music kicking in.

Sunset took a step back and joined the rest of the band before Rarity began to sing the chours which was followed by Applejack singing her part in the song. Normally after AJ's part it would be Rainbow and Rarity singing together but just for this preformance it was now Sunset and Rarity singing in harmony instead. It was then Sunset's solo and she took a step forward,pouring her heart and soul into each and every word. It was then it came back to Rarity and her own harmony. Rarity took a step forward to join Sunset front stage. The Rainbooms stood in what seemed to be a battle formation while Rarity and Sunset sang which got onto the chours. Sunset joined Rarity singing,both collpasing to their knees as they kept singing together. During each beat two members of the Rainbooms would drop down to their knees as well,smashing their fist into the floor before Rarity and Sunset both streched their hands forward and sang the last word while letting it fade into the silence of the crowd who was entranced in this different preformance,the bright lights that filled the stage blacked out.

Twilight stood in as much shock as the rest of the crowd while looking up onto the stage. That..that song was a genuine apology. Sunset was speaking from her heart..she could just tell. She felt tears brim and threaten to fall but was quick to wipe them away,careful not to show she was upset in front of her brother. After something like that she knew she had to talk to Sunset about everything because..well she still loved her firey haired godess and no matter she tired she couldn't stop having feelings for her. But..she also knew the preformance wasn't over and her opinion now may be very different from later. She could only glance over at her brother who looked like he could explode any minute.

"I might be in too much debt with the hell in my head..."

Twilight looked up onto the stage and leant back slightly thought her grip on the front bar was still very strong.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

It was after the preformance and the last song Hear me now got everyone singing before it was finally time to call it quits. They really did go out with a bang which is what worried Twilight. During the rest of the show they did some of their more meaningful songs and that meant Twilight had no reason to be mad at Sunset anymore. She guessed that one preformance at the beginning of the tour was a one time thing.

"Are going to talk to her?" Shining Armor asked which snapped Twilight out of her thoughts and caused her to look up at her big brother. She paused for a moment,taking off her glasses and cleaning the lenses with her shirt before slipping them back on and speaking.

"Not yet. I..I still need sometime,"

"I understand. But Twily before you talk to her I suggest watching this video," Shining spoke,handing her his phone with a video loaded up

"Why?"

"Just do it," He replied quickly,walking ahead of her to get the car ready for the two of them to head back home.

Twilight watched him waltz off before watching the video while she kept walking. It was a video taken by a fan at the first show of the tour. Why would Shiny want her to watch this? Never the less she kept watching until it came to the point where it showed Twilight storming on stage. She bit her lip while watching,her walking slowing now. She raised an eyebrow at the video when she had stormed off and wondered what the point of this was..that was until she came to a full halt and paled. She saw the box drop out of Sunset's hand. She was going to propose to her. Twilight felt tears fall as the phone slipped out of her hands. She was at a complete standstill,shaking and sobbing at this new discovery. She heard a car honk and her head snapped to see a truck wirling towards her. She stopped in the middle of the road! But she couldn't move her legs. She closed her eyes shut tight and waited for the impact that would end her life..except it never came. The only impact she felt was landing on her butt away from the trucks line of sight so..if she didn't get hit..who did?

"Sunset!" Was all she heard until she saw all of the girl run over to what seemed like a body. But why were they yelling Sunset's name. She couldn't understand why-

No..no she wouldn't..she can't of!

"Twilight!" Shining shouted,gripping the young girls shoulders and looking at her with both worry and sorrow. Twilight finally looked up at her brother with tears now streaming down her face

"Tell me it wasn't her.."

"Twi.."

"Please! Tell me it wasn't her!"

"..I'm sorry.." Shining spoke quietly and sadly which resulted in Twilight scrambling to her feet and running over to the girls,pushing past them and seeing what she dreaded.

"No.." She just whispered,dropping to her knees beside Sunset,cradling the firey haired girl in her arms and looking down at her currently lifeless face. She glanced around to the other girls who all looked broken. Lost. Hurt. Crushed. Too many emotions to count. Twilight could only look back down at Susnet's still,peaceful face, stroking her cheek with the back of her index finger while letting a sad smile grace her lips and tears dropped off her face and ran down Sunset's. She kissed Sunset's forehead and chocked on the words she was about to say.

"After everything that happened. Sunset..my heart and soul..I would have said yes..."

Author's Note:

Hell yeah go angst. Anyways here is the sequel to Usual Suspects so please enjoy :ajsmug:
BlueSupernova Out! :rainbowdetermined2:

Comments ( 17 )

Twilight deserves this pain, she blew it by over reacting to a performance on stage.
Yes Sunset should of informed her of it, but still no reason to go all angry bitch on Sunset, I blame her for Sunset Death in a way.

kidna feel we should have seen the full fall out of the fight rather than skipping it

so is that the end of this series or will there be more like some ghost susnet trying to earn her life back (ala yu yu hakusho)

7239799 The fight would have been uncalled for since it would have been predictable due to the reason they broke up so I didn't bother to put it in. As for if that's the end I'm still debating whether or not to continue it ^^

7239300 That was the point because angst is a wonderful thing XD

7239972 the reason id like to see the fight is it would be nice to get in twilights head on this as it stands she came off as a bitch who did not even talk to sunset

7241192 I can understand that. I'll bare this in mind for other stories that may involve fallouts :twilightsmile:

The tears! The tears have returned!! :fluttercry:

7291663 Haha! :rainbowlaugh: But for real, this is really touching how Sunset sacrificed herself for Twilight. Really sad actually. :( I hope you continue this. Please do!

7291699 Thank you this comment made my day! I will continue it I swear I will! :raritywink:

7292773 Your welcome! Yay! Can't wait! :raritywink:

*sob* *sniffle* Please tell me Sunset's going to be okay... *whimpers* *cries*

7451436 Now now that would be telling. You shall find out in the next instalment,Bullet when I post it :raritywink:

Can't wait to read the next instalment. :twilightsmile:

If this ends here i'll be very sad. I also like your Sunset/Rarity stuff. Keep writing. :twilightangry2::raritystarry::raritywink:

8851523
I'm actually in the process of planning the final instalment! I've gotta update shadow in the dark and write a sequel for my uncharted au but then this one is next! Also thank you, I'm glad you like it!!

7471524
Superrr late comment, but I'll keep you updated!

Login or register to comment