• Published 5th Apr 2016
  • 262 Views, 7 Comments

Tales From the Wasteland - MLRNitevision



Lucky Seven causes a bit of trouble, and as a result, is bannished to the Wasteland

  • ...
 7
 262

Smoking Barrel

Chapter 4: Smoking Barrel

“Officer Seven, come in please.” Lucky Seven’s radio crackled to life.

“This is Lucky, go ahead.” The mare said.

“Officer Seven, we’ve received shots fired reports from your current location, are you in need of backup?”

“If I needed backup, would I have responded to the radio?” She snapped.

“Look, Lucky. Not every officer only calls for backup if she’s almost dead.” Although the radio had a layer of static over the voice it was broadcasting, Lucky Seven could sense a certain annoyance with it.

“Sorry boss.” Lucky Seven said. “I’ll try to follow protocol next time.” The unicorn rolled her eyes.

“I understand your frustration, Officer. But rules are in place for a reason. With that being stated, are you in need of assistance?”

“No sir.” Lucky Seven said. “I’ve got it taken care of.” The unicorn switched the channel on her radio. “Officer Foxtrot, please respond, over.”

“Tango this is Foxtrot, over.” The radio replied. “Go ahead Ossifer.”

“Are you ready to file the case report?”

“Consider it done Ossifer. Foxtrot out.” Lucky Seven had assigned Zig Zag the nickname Foxtrot because of her odd looking walk, a result of her sleeves being to long for her childlike legs.

“Now, what am I going to do with you…” Lucky Seven asked, looking at the body that was rapidly losing blood. She scratched her head, looking back and forth for a good place to hide her. She picked up the mare’s limp front leg, revealing a firearm strapped underneath her chest, in a holster attached to her saddle bag. “You little…” Lucky said.

A thought suddenly occurred to her, and she picked up the gun, and looked it over. She used her magic in order to avoid getting any of her DNA on the weapon. She then looked around for a heavy object that would suppress the sound of a gunshot. Her eyes landed on a large textbook that was laying on top of a desk. The mare must have been studying when she made the unfortunate mistake of opening the door.

“That’ll be perfect.” She said to herself. Lucky Seven set down the gun and picked up the book. Pinning it to the wall, she picked up the pistol with her magic, and pressed the barrel against the door before firing it. The bullet ripped through the pages and buried itself into the wall silently. The unicorn nodded happily, then dropped the book, and put the firearm into the Pegasus’s mouth, making it appear that she had shot first and Lucky had fired back in self defense. Now all she could do was leave the scene and hope her trap worked.

Lucky Seven exited the room with a pouch of cash in her bag. She had two stops to make before heading back to her room, and one of them was the Officer’s Armoury. Ever since she had gotten the job, she had realized that she had access to this room, which was full of sniper rifles and ammunition. The unicorn had a special fondness for this particular model of gun, admiring it for it’s range and silence. With a gun like that, she could really do some damage outside the Stable.

The next stop she had to make was the underground casino. With over 1,000 bits in her possession, she was planning on making herself even richer. When she reached the door, she paused for a second, and then knocked in a special pattern that alerted the door guard that she was a gambler, and not a Stable security. The door slid open, and Lucky Seven could immediately tell something was off. Tables had been turned sideways, cards and chips everywhere. Loose change had been scattered around the room. She took two steps inside, and was immediately ambushed by a pony wearing a mask. She barely had time to get her hooves up before a crowbar came crashing down on her. Lucky Seven rolled to her side, narrowly avoiding another blow. She had no weapons on her, so this fight was not going to be evenly matched. No matter, Lucky Seven had been looking for a way to get exercise, and beating up her partner Zig Zag just wasn’t a good option.

The mare had just gotten to her hooves when something struck her attacker from behind. Lucky Seven looked up just in time to see Zig Zag sailing through the air towards her. She instinctively put out her hooves to protect herself, or the filly, whichever hit the floor first.

“Hiya Ossifer!” Zig Zag said with a massive grin. “I figured you’d need help.” Lucky Seven shook her head slowly.

“Foxtrot, you’re going to get yourself killed.” She groaned. “But I have an idea, since you’re here.” Zig Zag’s eyes opened wide at the notion that she could be useful to Lucky Seven!

“Anything you need Ossifer Tango!”

“Go distract the big guy. I have a plan. I think these cards are just sharp enough that if they were propelled fast enough…combined with the fact that I have a cutie mark depicting luck…” Zig Zag had heard enough to be able to piece together the plan from this point. She nodded at her friend, then charged headfirst at her attacker. Lucky seven seized the opportunity to pick up two cards at random from the table. Ironically, they were an ace of spades and a king of clubs. The second her adversary looked away, she used her magic to send the cards flying straight for the stallion’s throat. Both cards hit their mark, nearly severing his head from his body. She looked up and smirked.

“Blackjack.” She said in a teasing voice. Zig Zag chuckled, but she didn’t know why.

An hour later, two officers appeared in at her door, announcing their presence by knocking loudly on the door. Lucky Seven looked up from the bag she was packing with freshly stolen sniper rifles from the armory, and walked over to the door.

“What’s going on officers?” She asked.

“Where’s the money Lucky?” One of the officers asked.

“What money?” Lucky asked, playing innocent.

“We know you were assigned to the money theft case. Your partner Zig Zag reported that the money had not been relocated, but we know you took it. You were spotted heading to a dark room at the end of one of the halls. Our source mentions that you came back with more money than you left with, which earned you an illegal gambling charge. So I will ask you again. Where is the money.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She replied firmly.

“Take her in.” The officer ordered his partner, who took a step towards the unicorn.

Comments ( 1 )

The game app Happy Wheels is a lot of fun. It is more fun to play this game more.

Login or register to comment