• Published 14th Apr 2016
  • 1,518 Views, 18 Comments

The Power of Friends - kurusagi16



Many years have passed since the heroic exploits of Princess Twilight and her friends, and now, a new adventure begins to unfold, with new friendships being forged, and new trials to face.

  • ...
1
 18
 1,518

Friendship is Magical

Friendship is Magical


As the radiant light began to die down, the girls found themselves free of Chrysalis' goo and healed of their injuries. Flurry Heart let out a startled gasp as she was freed from the cocoon and gently lowered down to the ground.

"Flurry!" cried the girls, all running toward her.

The light that emanated from Harmony disappeared and she too floated down to the ground, and went over to join her friends.

"Are you girls all okay?" she asked.

"We're better than okay, thanks to you." said Flurry Heart.

"You got that right!" exclaimed Razzaroo. "You looked so awesome, the way you stood up to Queen Chrysalis and shined that light on her!"

"What did you do to her?" asked Kimono. Harmony looked up at the ceiling and pointed a hoof. The queen and the rest of the changelings were trapped in cocoons of their own, struggling to break free with little avail.

"I don't think they'll be bothering anypony for a while." said Harmony with a smirk. "At least until Princess Celestia comes up with a proper punishment for them."

Morning Star shook her head incredulously. "I still can't believe that even happened." She looked up at Harmony. "What even was that?"

Harmony laughed. "I'll tell you guys all about it, but do you mind if we wait until we get back home first?"

"I might be able to help with that." said Flurry Heart. Her horn glittered with a golden aura. "Hold on everypony." The girls were all enveloped in the flash, disappearing without another trace. And leaving the changelings, imprisoned upon the cavernous ceiling.

One of the changeling guards from outside who was near the queen tried to speak. "Uh--"

"Not another word." Chrysalis growled.


Back in Canterlot Castle, in the throne room, Shining Armor was getting tired from all this tense waiting. His wife, sister, and his sister's friends, were also feeling just as anxious as he was. After pacing the room for the thousandth time, he finally stopped.

"That's it!" he said. "I can't wait a moment longer, I'm going out there and I'm gonna find Flurry Heart myself." He headed for the double doors.

"Shining Armor, wait up!" called Twilight, followed by the rest of her friends.

Shining Armor reached out a hoof, when the doors started to open. Everypony stepped back, watching as they opened to reveal Flurry Heart, her eyes wet as she smiled at them.

"Mom! Dad!" she cried.

"Flurry Heart!" Her parents cried in unison. They pulled her tightly into a hug, tears running down their faces.

"Mom! Daddy!" cried Morning Star, rushing to Starlight and Sunburst.

"Morning Star, thank Celestia you're alright!" cried Sunburst.

"Where have you been?" asked her mother. "You had us worried sick!"

"My friends and I went to rescue Flurry."

"We thought as much." said her parents, giving each other a look.

Harmony, Kimono, Razzaroo, and Sparks also entered the room, where Twilight began to fire a bombardment of questions at them.

"What happened? Where did you girls go? How did you rescue Flurry Heart?"

"Uh, Twilight. I think you might want to slow down there." said Spike.

Twilight blushed in embarrassment. "Oh, right." she cleared her throat. "Now then, what exactly happened?"

Harmony and the girls gave each other a look, before Harmony said, "You all might want to get comfy, cause it's a pretty long story."

* * *

The girls took turns reciting different parts of what had happened to them on their journey. How Harmony asked for Morning Star's help in tracking down where Flurry Heart was and the rest of the girls decided to tag along. How they were led to the changeling forest and escaped vampire jackalopes, fought off changelings, and used disguises to blend into the hive. All leading up to the end, where Harmony stood up to Queen Chrysalis and used some kind magic to trap her and the changelings in cocoons, and freed the girls.

"But...how is that possible?" asked Applejack. "You're just a Pegasus, how were able to use magic?"

Harmony took a deep breath as she explained what Celestia had told her, how she was the reincarnation of the Spirit of Peace and Harmony, Harmonia, and how she didn't believe the princess at first. "It all just seemed so crazy! But after a while, it began to make sense. My dreams, the strange feeling I had. And when I saw that my friends were in trouble, how they needed me after I needed them, something just sorta...sparked inside me. I began to feel magic that I didn't even know I had flow through me."

She looked down at one of her hooves. "I can still feel it, coursing through me." said Harmony. "It feels a weird...but also, kind good too."

"This is amazing." said Twilight. "Who knew there was a Spirit of Harmony?! This is all so fascinating!"

Shining Armor and Cadence stepped up to Harmony. "We can't thank you enough for saving our daughter." said Shining Armor.

Cadence nodded. "We're eternally grateful for what you did."

Harmony bowed to them. "Thank you, your highnesses, but it wasn't just me who saved her. We all did."

Harmony's friends nodded.

"Then thank you all, for everything." said Shining Armor.

"So, what happens now?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"I don't know about you." said Sparks. "But after all that, I'm in the mood for a long break."

"I second that!" said Razzaroo.

"Me too." said Kimono.

"A break does sound good right about now." said Morning Star.

"I think we all could use a break." said Fluttershy softly. Everypony smiled and burst into laughter. After all that worrying, things had at last taken a turn for the better.


Harmony stared up at the stained glass windows once more. Princess Celestia stepped beside Harmony, looking up at the same window she was eyeing, the one of Discord, her chaotic counterpart.

"So, do you believe me now?" asked Celestia with a smile.

Harmony nodded. "I really am the Spirit of Harmony." she said. She turned to face Celestia and cracked a smile. "I'm still a little unsure of how this whole thing works."

Celestia chuckled. "Don't worry, you'll have plenty of ponies to help you out along the way." She rested a hoof gently on Harmony's shoulder. "I know you'll make a wonderful spirit."

Harmony smiled and looked away. "Thank you, princess." Then a thought entered her head. "Princess...you mentioned having a vision of me and of Flurry in danger, did you know that I would rescue her too?"

"My visions aren't always absolute, Harmony. I only see bits and pieces, but...I had a feeling that you'd do something to help her, especially when I told you that there was nothing I could do."

"So basically you just guessed that I would do." said Harmony.

"Well, if you want to put it that way, then yes."

"But...but what if you were wrong? What if I didn't save Flurry? She'd still be trapped, and held for ransom by Queen Chrysalis."

"But she isn't." said Celestia. "Thanks to you and your friends, you were able to rescue Flurry Heart, and awaken your power."

"That reminds me, I never got a chance to say it before but, I want to apologize for how I reacted to you before."

Celestia waved a hoof. "There's no need to apologize, Harmony. It was a lot to take in, I understood that perfectly. But now that you've awakened and have come to grips with what I've told you, now begins your training, to hone in on your powers and better control them."

A look of concern crossed Harmony's face as she asked Celestia, "Nothing will change too much, will it? I'll still be able to work at the cafe, and hang out with my friends, right?"

Celestia laughed and nodded. "Of course! After all, it's because of your friends, that you were able to discover your true potential."

Harmony let out a relieved sigh.

"There will however, still be many changes that will occur, and that you'll have to face."

"As long as I have my friends with me, I'm willing to face whatever changes head my way." said Harmony confidently.

"I'm sure you will."

The door to the hallway opened, Kimono stuck her head in. "There you are Harmony!" she said. "We're going down to the train station to see Flurry and Sparks off, you coming?"

"I'll be there in a second." said Harmony.

"Alright, but try to hurry, the train will be arriving soon." Kimono closed the door.

"Looks like I gotta go." said Harmony. "I'll talk to you later, princess."

"I understand." said Celestia. "Take care."

"I will!"

And with that, Harmony was gone.


Harmony, Kimono,Morning, and Razzaroo stood on the platform of Canterlot Train Station, ready to see Flurry Heart, her family, and their new friends off.

"You'll still come to visit us, right?" asked Razzaroo.

"Of course!" said Flurry Heart. "Right, Sparks?"

"Right!" agreed Sparks. "And don't forget to write." she winked at them.

"Keep up the good work at magic school." said Starlight to Morning Star.

"But don't forget to take it easy every once in a while." added Sunburst.

Morning Star. "Don't worry daddy, I'll remember."

"And if you need any help or have any questions, be sure to stop by Ponyville, and I'll be happy to answer them." said Twilight to Harmony.

Harmony grinned. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind." she said.

The Friendship Express pulled into the station, letting out a puff and a whistle at it came to a stop.

"All aboard!" called the conductor.

"we gotta go, see you soon!" said Flurry. The four mares waved goodbye to everypony as they boarded onto the train.

"Bye!"

"Take care!"

"Thank you again for everything!"

Harmony smiled and waved. When the train was out of sight, she rested a hoof on the rainbow quartz gem around her necklace. "See you soon, Flurry."

And indeed, she would see her again soon, because for Harmony, there was much more to come in her future, as the Spirit of Harmony, and as her new friend.

"I think this calls for a little celebration!" declared Razzaroo. She suddenly pulled out a party cannon and shot it off, covering the girls in confetti.

"Where'd you get that?" asked Harmony, bending over and inspecting it.

"Pinkie Pie let me borrow it." answered Razzaroo. She rubbed her hoof on it and grinned excitedly. "I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this baby!"

The girls all laughed.

"Why don't we all head down to the Rose Cafe and have some celebratory pastries?" suggested Harmony.

The girls all cheered in agreement. Together, they trotted off, to enjoy each others company as well as some delicious and well-deserved pastries.

Author's Note:

To be continued in Adventures in Magic and Friendship

(AKA-Upcoming Sequel)

Thank you to all you readers for your viewing and support, please write to me in the comments below your thoughts, and stay tuned. Because the story is far from over.

Comments ( 2 )

yes yes yes !!! another more excitement more adventure more fun, it does not get any better!! this was fantastic! it is so worth waiting for the new story! bravo!!

8189387

If you mean an earlier post I set up about the mane 6's futures, that was for the sequel fic that comes after this. Just wanted to build up hype.

Login or register to comment