• Published 28th Feb 2016
  • 308 Views, 2 Comments

Letters From A Troubled Stallion - averagewriter



Twilight recieves letters from a troubled stallion, explaining to her about his life.

  • ...
 2
 308

Let's Continue

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

Good day to you, your Highness...or is it a good evening? That depends on when you’ll receive the letter, I’m afraid, so I will have to stick with a simple “Pleasant greetings.”

After reading your previous letter, I understand why you would say such things to me. I was selfish, thinking only about how I feel and not how others would feel. I deeply regret that, you have my sincere apologies. I also understand that you could have brought me immediately into your castle for answers...but you haven’t, for the sake of my privacy and probably just me. I appreciate that. Thank you, princess.

I’m surprised that you still want to listen to my story. I feel...overwhelmed. Though I have begged you to listen and so you would want to listen to it from beginning to end out of simple curiosity. Even so! I will fulfill the promise I have accepted: To finish the story, and hopefully, talk to you in person. So let us begin once more!

I ran back straight home, but not before washing any unwanted blood off my fur. Wouldn’t want anyone screaming bloody murder while I run back home with my tail between my legs. Hmph, and to think that I have seen all the horrors I could have possibly seen in my youth. Oh poor youthful me…

Anyways, back to me running home. Opening the door in such a rush, I have failed to make the door NOT hit the wall loudly. You see, I arrived home pretty late. My folks are surely asleep and my dad, who I still love at this age but still fear, hates being woken up at the dead of the night. So as soon as I opened the door, I instantly froze. My heart was racing and my breathing was quick and shallow.

PUG?(Actually, it’s hard to write down how a door hitting a wall sounds like. I looked silly just sitting there and trying to find the right word to use while pronouncing it out loud just to make sure….ah, you get it)

THUMP

Fear. Fear just exploded inside me. I didn’t care that I accidentally killed somepony nor that I arrived home late. No, I was afraid of my loving parent to whom I refer to as Dad. Frozen in place, as pale as the moonlight and as still as the dead (I might as well be dead, I stopped breathing for the longest time of my life). I dreaded every second that passed by, every second that crept by unbearably slow...and finally, I heard it.

“Luna damnit! Who the fuck is in my garshfuckingdamn house?!”

The voice of the gentle giant boomed. I couldn’t move, all I could do was just wait for him to come down and greet me angrily. It was better than sleeping in the alley. Yet again, he could decide to kick me out of the house once he got there.

After a few more unbearable moments, he walked out of the shadow, wielding a thick piece of wood (a bat or a broom maybe). Being a unicorn, he can look angry and show it with his mouth while bringing an extra scare factor with him.

He looked at me, obviously more than pissed off at me. I just let out a squeak and wordless mumbles.

“Boy, what the fuck do you think you’re doing banging the door this late at night?!” He yelled at me, “You scared your mother half to death! Damnit, you should know not to do that to your poor mother!”

“I-I-ahh-I’m…” I tried to apologize but my tongue refuses to cooperate. In the end, I just looked down , ears lowered.

I heard him sigh and the sound of something hitting the floor echoed. He must’ve dropped the weapon, he had no more use for it.

“Come inside, you must be tired and hungry after staying outside doing Celestia knows what,” he told me in a much calmer tone. “Make sure to close the door on your way in. There’s some food left at the kitchen.”

I followed him without any hesitance. Closed the door quickly but gently, carefully trotted towards the kitchen, and soundlessly opened the covered food. Good ol’ Dad just sat there, watching me. It was either just my troubled mind, or maybe not, I noticed he looked...concerned. He rarely looked concerned, especially if I was the one with the problem.

I slowly ate my food, still quite shocked from that night’s events. My father just watched me ate, or maybe studying my face. He opened his mouth to say something before closing it and shaking his head. Finally, he left me alone, went back to sleep. He was a stallion of a few words, not the type to be sentimental or such.

That night, I arrived home tired, hungry, cold, scared, and confused. I have killed somepony in self-defence, said pony being a good friend for years. I felt guilt, remorse...but I also felt a bit elated when I did manage to stab him. Was it the sudden adrenaline...or was it something more?

What did I get myself into?

These were the thoughts that occupied my mind that night. I couldn’t sleep, all I could do was...rewind to that event and relive it in my mind. It was only when the sun’s light shined brightly on my face was when I was able to snap out of the trance and start functioning properly.

Princess, I wish you once more a pleasant day. Forgive me for any...uncivilized words I have used in this letter, or in any other letter. I am simply just writing down what I think I remember. But if you wish it, then I will try my best to censor (or lessen) these words.

P.S. I...I don’t really want to be a burden nor do I want to create any more problems from you but...it seems that I might need a bit of help from you...if you don’t mind that is. I may not be able to write you another letter for…”some” time after this for I have run out on paper and running low on ink. I...also have to ration my bits for my necessities and payment of rent. Actually, nevermind. I’m already asking too much from you. Again, pleasant day.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment