• Published 28th Feb 2016
  • 308 Views, 2 Comments

Letters From A Troubled Stallion - averagewriter



Twilight recieves letters from a troubled stallion, explaining to her about his life.

  • ...
 2
 308

Childhood Memories Pt. 2

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle…

Hey, how are you? Hope you’re doing okay. Ah, ignore the way I started out this letter, I just feel like maybe trying to write to you a bit in an informal way would be a nice change of things but...I’m not so sure. If it’s okay with you...then...I don’t know…Let’s just start with the usual way…

I received your letter, though I didn’t realize it was even possible to receive one in the Everfree. That mailmare must be brave or crazy to actually deliver that envelope to me. I’m starting to appreciate her more now. Stupid mare...Heh, she needs to know when a place is too dangerous to go.

I know that you’re worried that I might get hurt out here but there’s nothing really to worry about. I know how to defend myself. And Timberwolves? I don’t think they’re going to be a problem. So you can relax a bit, your Majesty, though I appreciate your concern for me. Also, I read about your childhood story. I believe that you wrote it so you can show you can relate to me...I guess...Anyway, at least you tried to relate your story with mine. It was close, but still...you have no idea how dark the story will go.

Where...should I continue?

Let’s still go on with my school, I guess. After a few years after that incident, I guess I could say I learned how to defend myself from my torturers, including my sister. Most of the ponies that also bullied me in the past lost interest in me, picking on someone new instead. My sister and her group, on the other hoof, continued to terrorize me, though rarely. Argh, my mind is a bit jumbled up on this part so if none of this makes any sense, then I’m sorry.

During this part of my life, I have managed to put the incident behind me and moved on. I tried to make friends with others, always tried to make a good impression when there’s someone new in school, and sometimes, I’ll help others do their homework. Also, the teachers finally decided to put me back in the regular classes as they had seen how the situation slowly diffused. Finally, I was back to normal, less bullying, lots of friends, and maybe even a chance to be great at something. Or so I thought…

I met this kid during the middle of school. Dark coat and mane, he was a different sight to see. The teachers said he was an exchange student and he’ll be staying with us for the rest of the school year. At first, I was pretty happy. I thought I could be friends with him and maybe I could even learn a bit about where he came from.

When he first went to school, he seemed shy, lowering his head as he walked across the campus. He avoided talking to others and when someone tried to approach him, he quickly bolted. Everyone was confused as he was a bit too...timid. Much more shy than that yellow pegasus friend of yours. Isn’t Fluttershy her name? Yeah, much more shy than her. I mean, of course he’ll be shy and all because he’s new to school but the way he’s acting is like we are all...alien to him. It’s kind of scary sometimes.

Anyway, even if he had a strange behavior, this did not stop me from trying to befriend him. Deep down inside, I knew he had a problem...A problem I could relate to. Maybe, if I could communicate with him, then...maybe I could also protect him...I don’t know. That’s all I thought that time. Protect him, that’s it. Maybe because I already saw my sister and her group nearing him. I knew that they knew that he was weak. I don’t want him to suffer the same fate I had, even if I had to go through all of it again.

I quickly approached him, despite him walking trying to walk away from him, and tried to get his attention. I needed him to know that I’m not going to hurt him.

“Hey, wait up! I need to talk to you.” I yelled. “It’ll be quick, I promise.”

He turned his head to look at me but continued walking. His eyes were filled with confusion and anxiety.

“W-What…?” He stammered.

“Can you slow down?” I asked him. “I’m getting a bit tired trying to catch up with you.”

He thought for a moment before stopping reluctantly. I walked next to him and smiled.

“S-So...uhm…” He looked away from. “I-Is there anything y-you want to...uhm...t-talk about?”

“I guess,” I cleared my throat. “But first, why are you trying to avoid others?”

“I…”

After a few attempts of trying to coax him out of his shell, I finally got him to talk to me. I was right, he was being bullied at his other school. That was why he decided to change schools and go here. I wanted to tell him that his decision would actually make his situation worse but I didn’t. Instead, I told him that the school was nice and offered to show him around the place. Finally, he smiled, though it was faint. He agreed and I managed to get him away from the approaching threat. I looked behind me one last time and gulped.

My sister was watching me, an evil smirk plastered on her face. I gulped and looked away, leading the new stallion towards the school canteen.

P.S Sorry if this letter arrived somewhat late. I guess I shouldn’t have underestimated the Timberwolves. I’ll send you another letter in a week or so, hopefully. Feel free to write back to me though.