• Published 28th Feb 2016
  • 308 Views, 2 Comments

Letters From A Troubled Stallion - averagewriter



Twilight recieves letters from a troubled stallion, explaining to her about his life.

  • ...
 2
 308

Where do we begin?

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

Hello again, it seems that you have received my letter in good condition. Better yet, I received your letter without any problems. That mailmare really deserved the muffin I gave her, she did her work wonderfully. Ha! And here I was, worrying that it will not go well. I should really have more faith in her. Anyway, how’s your day? I hope it’s great. If only my days were better…

Where do we begin? Ah yes, let’s start with your letter. I’m quite surprised when I first opened it. I didn’t expect you to accept the offer to hear me out. I also didn’t expect the fact that you wrote a long message for me. I appreciate it, I really do. Now, let’s move on to my story, shall we? But the question is, once more...Where do we begin?

There are many events I want to tell you right now but I know that there wouldn’t be enough time to tell you. Such a shame, really. I don’t want to burden you with so much letters but it seems I have to do just that...burden you with more letters. Huh, I should have really thought this through. I realize that I’m rambling, I apologize for that. Let’s just start where most would have started when they talk about their lives. The day they were born…Unlike them, I don’t really know when or where I was born. All I know was that I was the son of a weird couple and the young brother of an older sister. If I only knew more...Anyway, let’s talk about them, shall we?

My mother was a very loving mare. She knew what I loved and hated, my hobbies and passions…and my potential to be a great stallion one day. I really miss her...Ahem, anyway, my dad is a different story. He’s strict, he’s tough, he takes a lot of things seriously. He’s a stallion of the law, one who does not tolerate any wrong doings. As a young colt, I really never liked him. He was so judgemental of me and keeps on comparing me with the other foals. Looking back at it now, I realized he just wants me to grow up to be better than my peers. To be the best among my friends. I regret not spending time with him. Then there’s my sister, that one pony I don’t regret hating. She always complain about nearly everything, from how she looks to how she thinks others look. She’s also a bully, thinking that she is more important than anyone else. You can say that she’s...a bitch. Sorry for the use of strong language, your Highness, but it’s the only word I can think of to describe her.

Okay, let’s begin. When I was still a young colt, my mom was very overprotective of me. She rarely lets me put of the house in fear that I might get hurt or sick. She was so focused on protecting me from the outside world that she failed to see I was already being hurt by my sister. I can’t really blame her that she failed to stop the abuse being done against me. She just wanted a happy family and may have tried to make herself believe that we were just playing. I guess she finally realized that soon enough because the next thing I know, my sister got kicked out of the house, but that’s another topic to talk about for another time.

My dad, in the other hoof, was busy setting up the rules for me. No going out of the house without permission, no playing outside the house, no yelling inside the house, etc, etc. You could say he was a dictator, one who rules with an iron fist and a force not to be reckoned with. I was scared of him, terrified of his rule. To my child eyes, he was like King Sombra. At least he never hurt me, which made my life a bit more easier. He was more scared of my mom than anything else. As I said earlier, my mom was very overprotective of me. This made my early life a bit more easier to deal with.

While my parents were busy doing their jobs, my wonderful sister is there to take care of me...and by taking care, I mean slowly and painfully torture me. Whenever she had the chance, she would belittle me. One time, she even pushed me off the stairs. The following weeks after that incident was one of the worst times of my life, just lying down on my bed with a cast limiting my movement. Sucks.

I feel like I’m missing something in this short introduction to my life but I can’t put my hoof on it. Hmm, maybe it’ll come to me next time. Anyway, I hope you got a clear view on how my childhood is like, even if it was short. Keep this in mind, it’ll explain some of the actions I’ll do on my next story. Why am I stopping here? Maybe I don’t have the time to continue writing. I still have so much things to do ever since I arrived at Ponyville. Don’t worry, I’ll send another letter soon. Once more, have a great and safe day, your Highness.

P.S If you want to send a letter, you know what to do. I told the mailmare that if she ever saw any envelopes with a red cross on it, she’ll give it to me.