• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 140 Views, 1 Comments

Descendants of Equestria - Parakeet Song



Parakeet Song discovers the truth about her past, and runs away from her adoptive family to fight in the war.

  • ...
 1
 140

Chapter 3

The outside world was terrible.

Okay, I knew all along that anything beyond my home would probably be chaotic. I was never allowed to go far from home by myself, after all. But I never expected anything this bad.
The ground was a dark, mushy substance with green puddles spread around. And those puddles, they glowed. They had to be some sort of chemical disaster. I mean, there were factories nearby. This was probably the waste from making armor, weapons, and other stuff to aid in the war.
I noticed that there was a road with fences on either side. It started from the gates, and I couldn't see where it led, but I had a good idea it was leading towards another city. Baltimare, maybe.
Ponies were walking, some even running, along this road of gravel. Some were pulling carts of supplies, and some were in full armor. They all looked hungry and tired, and I was about to offer them one of my apples when I remembered I wasn't even supposed to be out here in the first place. No doubt they'd sent me back home where I didn't belong.
I sighed, forcing my sore hooves to carry my further. The fluff around them were matted with that nasty green goop, and they were starting to burn like crazy. I was positive this chemical was toxic at this point. But I kept going anyway. I needed answers. I needed my real life.

Author's Note:

Sorry for not posting this chapter for a while! I'd been pretty sick, not to mention the back pains. I also just didn't have the motivation to write anything for a while, so I apologize in advance if I don't post anything soon. And I know this chapter is pretty short. I promise they'll get longer as the story advances. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Comments ( 1 )

This is actually really good, when do you think you can start working on the next chapter, if you want to..

Login or register to comment