• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 140 Views, 1 Comments

Descendants of Equestria - Parakeet Song



Parakeet Song discovers the truth about her past, and runs away from her adoptive family to fight in the war.

  • ...
 1
 140

Chapter 2

I ran until my hooves couldn't carry me any further. I sat down under an oak tree, breathing heavily and wondering if my decision was even a good one. I mean, running away to learn about my dead parents? I sighed, beginning to take umbrage at myself for doubting my plan. Of course I needed to find out who killed them. I needed to get revenge... I quickly stopped myself. Revenge? Really? That seemed a bit too extreme... And necessary at the same time.
I stood up, and noticed the sun rising over the horizon. My mind immediately went to Princess Celestia, whose rein over Equestria ended when the war began. Luna was lost with her, and so were the other two princesses- Cadence and Twilight Sparkle. Ever since, unicorns took over the job of raising the sun and the moon. It wasn't easy, but they did it. They had to.
I began walking farther, and ponies soon came out of their small, feeble homes. I scowled, knowing if anyone saw me, they'd ask me what I was doing outside the farm on my own. Somepony might even tell my adoptive parents and I'd get sent back home.
I started running, my sore hooves hardly able to keep up with my racing mind. Running was the only option. I had to get out of this town.
I thought I was free of any danger when I slammed right into a patrol pony in front of the now closed down boutique. The stallion, an orange pegasus with a blue mane narrowed his eyes. I glanced at the badge on his black uniform.
His name was Flash Sentry.
"Parakeet Song, shouldn't you be back home?" His voice was strict. Everypony in Fillydelphia knew my parents were strict, and expected me to be on the farm at all times. Now that I was far from home, ponies were questioning what I was doing.
"Uh..." I stuttered, not knowing how to get myself out of this.
Flash Sentry lifted his hoof, and some into some sort of electronic device.
"Officers, I'm going to take this young filly home. I need someone to take spot until I get back."
It was that moment that I began running. My lungs ached, my muscles burned, and my hooves felt like they were going to shatter. But I ran anyway. I ran and ran till I noticed something I'd never seen before. A tall, brick wall was surrounding the city. I knew leaving the city was hard, but never was I expecting to feel trapped like this. Many patrol ponies were guarding the one exit in sight- A huge gate that allowed ponies to leave. I snuck around some buildings, getting closer to the gate. That's when I noticed just how much trouble I was in. Flash Sentry was there, holding up a photograph to the guards at the gate. I squinted at the photograph, hoping to get a clearer view.
It was a photograph of me. My palomino fur with white pinto markings, my clydesdale-like fluffy, white hooves, my half white, half palomino face, and my white wings were all the same.
"Great," I muttered to myself. "Now you're a fugitive."
I realized I did have a tool that could get me out of here- my wings. I was always told I was a good flyer. I smiled to myself, feeling brilliant. I took off into the sky and zoomed over the gate with glee. Piece of cake.
I just didn't realize that now I was in even more danger, and it had nothing to do with avoiding patrols.