• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 8,455 Views, 575 Comments

Spike Quits His Job and Goes on Numerous Quests - B_25

  • ...
54
 575
 8,455

PreviousChapters Next
26 – "The Count"

~26~

"The Count"

The winds began to subside from the approaching ball comprised of the current. Its swirling speed slowing down as it reached the rim of the window, before the current ceased entirely, and released what was within its sphere into the room.

Immediately, everyone jumped up from their seats and their beds and gave a proper salute to the thing now standing among them in the room. All except for Falcon, who put back on his alabaster hat. “I wasn’t expecting you to take this form unless it was of the utmost importance, Agency. Or should we call you Count?”

Standing before the lot was the outline of an indescribable creature whose form was constructed by the very eyes that saw it, and projected forth whatever it is that sat closest to their hearts.

Lola held back the tears welling in her eyes at the sight of her beloved father.

Null’s heavy eyelids began to slide close at the caring woman in front of him, ready to coed him asleep with soft spoken words.

Regal saw the pure beauty of words spiraling around in form of a mare which he could not describe, catching glances at the swirling words that filled his heart, and gave him the impression that if he could find their correct order, that his long searched for the answer could finally become true.

And Falcon saw nothing of the Count, besides the lights of the Orange Sea the brighten up in correlation to the Count’s voice.

“Call me whatever you wish,” the count said with a small bow, everyone else except for Falcon repeating the gesture. “However, when I transition from the abstract to the tangible, I prefer the calling of Count. That is if it isn’t too much of a hindrance to ask you, my little agents.”

Falcon’s lips swept right under the heavy exhale from his nostrils, as he kicked off from the bed and stood on the carpeted floor. “Not at all, Count. We’re at your service, and our ears await for what you have to tell us next.”

“Fantastic.” A hoof composed of swirling words rose into the air, commanding the window closed with a slight creak, and igniting the candles of the room with the flare from his eyes. “Please, everyone return to whatever position made you the most comfortable, as I promise not to waste too much of everyone’s time. Even if it may be only a millisecond of reality's time, I hope to place everyone at ease.”

Everyone returned to the spots they were before the Count’s arrival, but not even the plushness of the bed could hope to rid the stiffness residing in their bodies.

“I know now that it’s been a long time since we’ve all sat down together,” The Count began as it rested his wording hoof atop the wooden table of the room, “but I hope the time we’ve spent away hasn’t hampered on the friendship and loyalty you all once used to share...and had toward me.”

All in the room were quick to erect from their spots in order speak their love the quickest route into the Count’s ears.

“Please.” The two superficial hooves rose in the air before their lips so could so much as split, and with a slight downward movement, ushered them back down to their places. “I merely say that in jest, and regret that I have done so. But it gives me the greatest of pleasures to see that your love for me still burns within your hearts.”

The count began its approach to the center of the room, where even the heavy eyes of Null followed its every sway of the caramel hip. “You seem to be discomforted by exhaustion,” the Count said as it walked toward Null instead, the purple strands from its silky mane swirling in the air around it.

A cloven hoof hovered itself before Null’s face, where he was quick to lay his cheek upon it, as the hoof raised his ears closer to the Count’s lips. No one else could hear the voice incomprehensible to the waking conscious but was enough to wash away the tension collected at Null’s green hooves, as his natural blue reclaimed their place upon his body.

“I hope that was enough to wake you, Null.” The Count said as it removed its hoof from his cheek and walked back to the center of the room, not before glancing back at the unicorn. “Always remember that other voices than chaos exists; that will speak to you regardless of the context.”

Null no longer leaned on the wall to support the weight of his body and mind, as the tensions in both had been relieved by a stream of freshness coursed through his muddled consciousness.

“Now then, if I may have everyone’s ear.” The count stood up on his hind legs and gazed at each of its members. “Our progress toward changing Equestria has been following in perfect coloration to the divine plan, something impossible if not for everyone's aspects working together, as well as conflicting.”

The room was in an air of silence that only the indomitable will of the Count was capable of breaching and controlling, swaying all of those who breathed even a single breath in favor of its opinion. “Given your prolonged lives in thanks to the phenomena of the Orange Sea, the completion of the divine plan remains ever far away despite our best interest.”

Falcon groaned internally at the superfluous words of the being whom he loved most, not even the coat that he had dedicated until grayness to the Count had seen just what the divine plan was. Although only the Count’s words were able to stir what was left of his feelings and gave purpose to a life not worth living, Falcon still hadn’t a clue to who the Count was.

“Fate has graced us with a special being that will forever change the course of our density, but will re-write history so that Equestria will bear a better future!”

Through an unconsciousness intention, everyone expects Falcon stepped closer to the Count to have more clarity in both his voice and in his words. “For as long as I can remember in my painful existence that I’ve long endured, I’ve seen the incompetence of ponies who planned the escape of the world within the limits of their narrow life span, never giving thought to what may come after.”

The words that composed the Count’s form began coursing in a speed matching of his rising anger. “Even when the world was graced with two eternal Princesses, they displayed their unwillingness to act upon harsh concepts in fear of setting a precedent that their little ponies may begin to follow.”

Its hoof orchestrated themselves up before splitting left and right in an attempt to embrace the room in the Count’s ideals. “But that’s where we come in! Those who lurk not in the light of the day or the darkness of the night, but in the sea of endless possibilities, manipulating the waves to give the vessel known as ‘life’ the best possible current toward its destination.”

A golden scepter burnt into existence by the words that flew off from the Count’s form, until its hoof took hold of it and lifted it into the air, shining all those in the room with its golden glow. “Those, who adapt to the different atmospheres of the world to correct its imperfections, while maintaining an indifference toward your own feelings so you may better grasp them.”

The golden scepter sliced through the thick air of the room to impale itself into the carpet of the room, still encasing those around it in its warming glow. “Neither good or bad, we remain unknown to carry out the divine plan. And it is with our newest recruit”– the scepter swirled back into the air and slid away from the blinds to the window, which peered outward to a purple drake floating along the sea –“the dragon of a history that he knows not of while containing the wisdom and logic of ponies.”

Count turned back to his agents with a smile that looked more like a grin, as they all looked onward with eyes unable to see the great glory that was before them. Then, Falcon spoke.

“Wait. Who put Spike on a raft?”

PreviousChapters Next