• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 8,455 Views, 575 Comments

Spike Quits His Job and Goes on Numerous Quests - B_25

  • ...
54
 575
 8,455

PreviousChapters Next
13 – "Fur."

~13~

"Fur."

When the sun fell from the sky, it painted the message that time had come for ponies and dragons alike to go home.

Spike and Fluttershy made their way back to the cottage, walking alongside each other but not saying a peep. Spike’s eyes would wander over to the ribbon currently holding Fluttershy’s mane, and a smile, just on its own, would form his lips.

Fluttershy kept walking straight, looking at nothing else other than the cottage in the distance. She didn’t seem upset to Spike, but something felt off about her. He didn’t question it as they walked to the cabin.


“Well, that certainly was an enjoyable evening,” Fluttershy said as she placed her satchel on the table next to the door. Spike rubbed his feet outside the door before entering. He closed the door behind him.

“Indeed,” he replied, “but I’m still confused as to why I agreed to go talk to Twilight again.”

“Silly.” Fluttershy turned around to look at him. “I’ll go talk to Twilight; I just didn’t want Applejack to sense something wrong with you. That is what you wanted, right?”

“Y-Yeah, I guess.” Spike paused for a moment. “I can’t believe you thought of that.”

Fluttershy only giggled as she traveled across the room. There was a reflection of her in the window, which she paused at and admired. It wasn’t her face she looked at, nor was it the style of her mane, but the ribbon gifted to her. Even more, her eyes rested on the dragon, smiling as he unpacked his things.

Fluttershy felt her heart beat faster. Her cheeks were a touch pink. The increased blood flow blocked any thoughts that came from her mind so that only feelings remained. She turned around from the window, and carefully approached Spike. He was placing his items on the coffee table when he felt something soft rubbing against his arm. He turned—

And dared not to move an inch.

Something warm pressed against his cheek. A furry chest resting on his body; hooves holding onto his shoulders for support. Fluttershy stood on two legs, as she kissed Spike on the cheek. Eyes open, wings flared; she dared not close either one.

After a few seconds, she brought her hooves back to the floor; wings returning to their spots at her side.“That’s a thank you for the ribbon.”

Spike stared at her, as he had no words to express what he felt.

Fluttershy’s cheeks blushed, eyes shooting wide open. She muttered a “good night,” before dashing out of the room and up the stairs. A door closed, and Spike was left alone.

Spike hovered a claw over his cheek. Just inches from massaging the place, he stopped and removed his claw. No harm shall come to a place where his feelings surged, where it felt so warm, yet so scary."

Spike went over the lamp by his couch, pulled the cord on it, and let the darkness invade the room. He then fell onto the sofa.

His eyes were the only thing that shined in the night. No noises came from the floor above, but Spike wondered what she could be doing. Was she thinking like how he was? And so, could it be that they were both thinking about how—

Spike jumped off that train of thought. The same train he’s only boarded once before, and that crashed into a mountainside. Yet the train was back again, slightly damaged, but still operational. But if Spike stepped on, where would this train take him?

Would the rails take him right or left; up or down?

Would the train-tracks end at his hoped destination, or derail off a cliff on his way there?

PreviousChapters Next