• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 8,453 Views, 575 Comments

Spike Quits His Job and Goes on Numerous Quests - B_25

  • ...
54
 575
 8,453

PreviousChapters Next
31 – “What Would Twilight Have to Say about Something Like This?”

“What Would Twilight Have to Say about Something Like This?”

Spike tensed his claw tighter against the flag post to keep his body stationary against the assaulting winds. They chilled the frills that protected his ears from the frost, though the rest of his body shivered underneath the added cold for being so high up in the sky.

“I asked for more than what I could chew,” he murmured to himself as his feet slid an inch backward, causing his heart to jump as he retook that precious inch. “A castle long abandoned to an overgrown forest, with mountains holding back snow to the left, and a sea swallowing patches land behind it.”

The howling winds began to subside, allowing for the dragon to let go of the flag post and focus his claws on rubbing his arms to keep warm. Should I even ask what’s to the right of it?”

The dragon turned and saw many planes the hot sands belonging to the desert, with the sun beginning to set on its horizon. He shook his head as his claws slipped from his arms to hang by his sides. “That’s not even scientifically possible.”

His emerald eyes searched for the boundary where grass became sand, and cactus became trees. What instead found was a transparent lavender line that sliced from the heavens to the ground below, separating the two biomes into their respective temperature and ecosystem.

“And that shouldn’t be magically possible,” the dragon said once more, glancing around the lands he now resided atop. “What would Twilight have to say about something like this?”

Her name pricked at the dragon’s heart that almost caused him to fall onto a knee, though by his new will he was able to stand on his own two feet. But that didn’t stop him from looking at the tops of the castle for her as if she had set this whole thing up.

Though his draconic eyes caught no sight of her, only reminding the dragon how many leagues below the ground was, and that if he were even to slip and fall, he would never make the landing.

Spike stood alone atop a tower to a castle in the middle of nowhere, where the winds assaulted him continually in the attempt to throw him off the tower, which had no staircase or even entry for him to hide inside.

Twilight wouldn’t be developing his form in a lavender aurora that would safely carry him back onto land, where they would then teleport home and have tea. Nor would Applejack and Pinkie create a path using arrows to stab into the stone that would allow the drake to climb down.

Neither would Rainbow Dash or...Fluttershy come to lift his dragon body with their little wings, escort him home in the safety of their hooves.

The dragon was alone, and if he died here, then none of his once friends would know any better. No one was coming to save him if he were to trip and fall, nor would the world cease to be as Twilight popped out to reveal everything was just a simulation to teach the dragon better.

Spike was alone.

And he was going to have to get himself out of this alone.

PreviousChapters Next