• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 8,469 Views, 575 Comments

Spike Quits His Job and Goes on Numerous Quests - B_25

  • ...
54
 575
 8,469

PreviousChapters Next
82 – "No One Talks Crap about Me but Me."

~ 82 ~

"No One Talks Crap about Me but Me"

"Are you kidding me!"

Blackness shrouded everything, a setting akin to the bottom of an abyss where nothing of its own merit existed, except that which was tossed or brought down to its depths. On its plane of nothingness stood two cyan pegasi, each nearly identical to the other, though the one on the right stood at a greater height. Her chromatic mane wafted in the air like that of a goddess and her wings were like those who belonged to an alicorn.

Yet, her face revealed to be anything like a princess, as it contorted itself with a frustration that fumed behind it. Her head was leaned forward, peering into the face of her double, who only gazed back with a slightly parted mouth and eyes driven tried by all the past rambling. Though the reveal of the nature of her voice had created a new conflict in her mind.

"Trust me; I wish I were." Rainbow heard the squeak of her voice the moment she began to speak, not knowing for the life of her how she never noticed it before. Had her entire life been a lie? Was this really the voice other ponies heard all the time? "All that other stuff you were spouting is just a heap of pig manure, so it really didn't bother me, but hearing what my voice actually sounded like? I think I'd rather go through life not knowing, thank you very much."

The fake began to back awake, desperately raising to her full height and looking down on the smaller mare. "How could my perfection of you be anything like manure!? You are a mare of arrogance, though it must first me earned and kept, and you can only maintain that by being the best!"

She swirled her head downward, until it was before the face of her other. "You can't best perfection, stripping you of your arrogance and everything you've ever worked for, and leaving a husk of a mare that the world will soon come to shun. You are nothing; I am everything."

Dash burst out laughing, falling onto her back and pointing an errant hoof at the now confused face. "I can't believe you said that with a straight face! It's almost like you believe all the stuff you sprout!"

The head of the greater mare began to pull back from facing the smaller mare, not knowing why her methods were of no use against this mare, and why she was such a bizarre one at that. "I do not understand. I searched for being for fears you hold about yourself, for self-interest is the great motivator, and yet all I find is you laughing about such things."

"Of course I'm laughing!" Dash swept a few strays tears of happiness from the corners of her eyes, curling up slightly as she looked up to her other. "Those things are scary, no doubt about it, but they're only scary when I'm saying them to myself. But when other ponies start telling me about my fears, they either sound so silly that I just have to laugh, or I'm filled with this endless energy to prove 'em wrong."

Rainbow Dash began to rise once more, a few giggles still filling into the air until she was standing on her hooves. She then took her right forehoof and pointed it at herself. “No one talks crap about me but me. Only I’m allowed to fill myself with despair – no one else can or will do that to me.”

The fake retreated backward, its body shaking at rage at this mare’s arrogance; the same one she tried to steal away and use against her. She struggled with the fact that there was nothing she could say, nothing she could do to inflict the despair she needed to take control over her.

Rainbow took the same hoof that she had been pointing at her hoof, raising it into the air and pointing it up, before striking it forward and in the direction of her other. “This has been fun, despair, but your games and rambles are starting to bore me. It feels like months since I’ve last seen the sun shine on my friends, and if I have to feed you a hoof or two to see that happen again, then I prefer we can this dance rolling.”

The fake felt something disgusting begin to ooze through her body upon listening to the other mare’s words, watching as her cyan feathers that once matched the blue sky begin to dim into grayness, while her mane lost all her color.

“I am your perfection!” The fake slammed a hoof onto the nothingness with her eyes alight with the flames of hatred. “All you sprout now are just lies to protect your narcissism and your ways of life! Realize this and bow—”

The sentence was cut off quite literally by a cyan hoof, one that had been thrust forward with the might of tiny wings, and pummeled into the side of her cheek. The impact sent her flying back, destroying her form and reverting her being into just the lines and lies that they were.

“Give. It a. BREAK!” Rainbow Dash pulled back her hoof, landing on her hooves from the thrust, and staring onward to the mare she had just destroyed. “I don’t care what you think of me, or what you yourself try to become. I don’t care who or what you are, or how you suddenly made my whole world dark.”

The lines of colors began to swirl, forming into a tight ball that released a small current of air, as it came back closer to the mare. But she did not flinch nor move as she continued her rant.

“All I know is that you’re just somebody that just randomly showed up, locking all those around me in a trance.” Rainbow Dash began to trot toward the bundle of bright lines, feeling her mare float up from her forehead from its wind. “So all I gotta do is beat you senseless, destroy whatever kinda magic you’re using, and free my friends from your trap. This kind of thing is a weekly business, so I’d like this get this over and done with, and get on with the next client.”

The intensity of the wind flared.

Rainbow kept walking forward.

And just as the two were destined to meet.

Fate decided to intervene.

Rainbow Dash stood before the tight ball of swirling lines that concealed its center, not caring for the life of her what touching this thing in its natural state could do to her, as she cocked back her hoof and prepared to launch it inside of the thing.

She felt her hoof unload, flying forth with the speed of a bullet, into the face of Twilight Sparkle. Timed seemed to slow down, the darkness of the world was beginning to brighten from the glow that surrounded the now appearing platform, as all the ponies from before were now coming back into existence.

Then, the cyan hoof connected to the face of lavender, and time resumed. Aching pain spread throughout Twilight’s body from the force of the impact as it propelled her toward the railings of the platform. The collision was sickening to the ruby eyes, disgusting to the cyan ears that heard bones break and echo into the sky.

“Twilight!” Rainbow called to her friend, taking the same hoof that had just struck her to make her trot faster until she was just a few feet from her. She looked down, seeing her friend's slouched form and sealed eyes, though it was uncertain if that was from the trance or her punch.

“I see!” A ray of blue light began to open from the nothingness above them as yet another form descended, the lights too bright for Rainbow to see, though she was too busy with touching around Twilight’s body to estimate the damage. “You have no fears of yourself for they can be dealt with by yourself. But shall any harm come to your friends, then it is not only you who suffers.”

Rainbow held one of her hooves behind her friend’s neck and the other at her waist, slowly bringing her into her grasp, before attempting to look at the thing. “You’re the one that made me do this. Show yourself! I’m gonna belt that new face of yours as soon as I see it!”

“Ohh?” The new form couldn’t suppress the chuckle, extending its arms sideways like a descending saint, as a toothy grin spread across its muzzle. “It is true you’ll be able to hit my new face quite quickly, for more reasons than one. But I’ve looked into the minds and hearts of all your closest friends, and became the thing that would cause them the most strife should you harm them.”

Rainbow Dash began to lift her friend, ignoring the pain in her chest and the aching in her back from the wounds of the previous fight that had yet to have a chance to heal, bringing her friend to the safety of others before setting her down amongst the crowd. “How about you turn dim that light so I can be the judge of that?”

With her task done, the mare spun around and was once again frozen in place. The words of the thing had been proven true – the being before her was someone she wanted to smack, even if it hadn’t tricked her into punching her best friend.

It was the scaley face that made in uproar in her perfect circle of friends, making troubles for them which she could not bring herself to care about, and creating a distance that served to separate the six of them for the time being.

It was the drake who had embarked on an adventure to improve himself, to become the hero he always wanted to be, disappearing off the face of the world since then. Him being missing had shattered numerous hearts that he did not know cared, that fact alone making Rainbow want to pummel him even more.

Some of the eyes on the platform began to shift, freed from the shackles of their trances to that which Dash was staring at, and so too, did they feel strange emotions began to course through their still bodies.

Spike the Dragon floated down from the sky; his arms open wide and his eyes alight in a green glow, looking down on all those whom he used to look up to. His head turned slightly, as his open claws curled into fists.

“Did ya miss me?”
PreviousChapters Next