• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 8,451 Views, 575 Comments

Spike Quits His Job and Goes on Numerous Quests - B_25

  • ...
54
 575
 8,451

PreviousChapters
99 – "Yo, Mr. Blackness Incarnate!"

~ 99 ~

"Yo, Mr. Blackness Incarnate!"

Spike felt his body fly forward, phasing through the first black entity in a flash of brilliant green light. He felt movement behind him, quickly bringing his elbow into the second, before the third and the fourth charged into either side of him.

Twisting his body, his left claw entered the liquid of the third, while the spade of his tail impaled the neck of the fourth. A brilliant green flash emitted from inside them, and a few moments later, there were small scattered puddles across the platform.

Spike stood hunched over, blood dripping from the cuts lining his face as black liquid covered his lower body. He glanced back at the mass of ponies by the railings; some were trembling to stand again, while others were still being loaded onto others backs.

“Crap,” he muttered to himself, returning his attention to the black that remaining eerily still. But that focus was mostly placed on the silhouette of himself standing on its head. “Yo, Mr. Blackness incarnate! What’s the point to all this? Why go through all this trouble to cause mayhem to ponies?

Pure whiteness injected itself into the black entity's face, filling in two orbs that came to its eyes, and one curved line that became its mouth. When it opened, there was only a gaping whiteness to behold.

“Still standing after three waves...I admit that you have quite the tenacity if you were a pony.” He gestured with admiration with a blackened claw, resting it on his left shoulder. “But any proper dragon would detest such a comparison, much less end their life if their increased strength only amounted to that of a pony.”

“Is that why your dragon looks like he pulled himself out from a grave?”

The aforementioned dragon’s nostrils flared with steam. His owner kept him still.

“Tell something, blackness incarnate.”

“The name is Despair.”

“Despair, ensnare, who cares?” Spike chuckled at his weak joke, before his expression became serious against his pants. “But I’m guessing your pet there wasn’t always brimming with your essence.”

“That you are correct, my dear dragon.” He brought his black claw over the forehead of the dragon, the waters begging to ripple away almost in repulsion. “But once I’ve made my introduction into your life, even just once, you’ll find yourself filled with just a little part of me. Something that’ll spread through your veins and throughout your entire body if I so will it, or if you fools finally give in to the temptation to think for once.”

“Thinking has never been my strong suit anyway.” Spike's eyes narrowed on the black forehead as he could see the coming of scales. He inched up his head. “You going to reveal what’s underneath your black cesspool or what?”

The twisted white smile grew into a grin. “Wouldn’t you like to know?”

“I would.”

“Then there is something I would like to ascertain as well,” the words slithered out of his mouth as his black tongue flicked out. He tilted his head and set his gaze upon the drake’s wrist. “That power you possess, how did you obtain it? Why is it capable of destroying my essence despite lacking purity?”

A moment of silence passed. Then, the drake grinned as well.

“Show me yours, and I’ll show you mine.”

The black claw over the forehead finally pressed down into the liquid, parting it in a circle like fashion as if it were the sea, as the true color of the scales were exposed to all to see.

Spike quickly dipped a claw into his coat pocket and withdrew the sketch of the dragon, finding close to none similarities between the black dragon and the Lost Prince. Except for one key detail:

Both of the dragons had blue scales.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 15 )

8309881
You're very welcome for the sass, though, as someone who knows the author and knows that this is something he would pull, I could make the argument that I am in a position to answer your question.

Comment posted by An Alternate Universe deleted Jul 21st, 2017

8310311 Now, I've said my piece... Only you can decide what to do next. I'd say no pressure... But a couple hundred people have their eyes on this fic, lookn' for an answer... But, ah, yeah. Just do whatever makes you... I wouldn't say happy, lots of things can make you happy. I hope your choice makes you SATISFIED, for better or worse. Merry writin,' m'dude.

I wait 9 years to see the end of samurai jack. I can wait again, take your time we will waiting for you

As long as this story isn't gone for good, I don't mind waiting.

8331901
Out of curiosity, what kept you entertained through this drivel? If you don't mind, could you tell me what you liked and disliked about this story?

8332574
Hmm, well there 2 reasons that comes to mind. One thing is I had this story in my tracking list for a while now and I was going to read it when you where at chapter 10 but I kept putting it off. Before long you were at chapter 80.I though, I need to catch him before that guy goes to the hundreds.

The other reason is I like stories with Spike growing into a badass.I'm always curious how the kid will develop in the future. My favorite story of that was made by Smokeshadow. Origin Chronicles But even I can admit, at the end of the story; Spike was superman strong.

Also, I'm a sucker for time travel and time loop.

If I can suggest something, try to keep fights that are not important to story short. How to make a cool fight. This might help for future reference.

Your story is good, you should see mine. My story's passing is terrible. I'm near ten chapters, and I just got to the main villains too.(My chapters are thick) Eclipse's Journey

Cancelled?
It actually hurts to see it get cancelled, I was enjoying this, well its your work not mine.

I sincerely hope you continue writing this story! I am still working on getting caught up, anyways; something that I have found that helps me when I'm writing is going back and rereading the chapters to possibly form a new or better story that's more cohesive. Anyways my advice to you: this is a perfect cliff hanger to leave us on from my understanding. Why not try to start this story up again later on down the line as a sequel that you'll be able to take your time with and plan it out accordingly?
That is just my two cents on the matter
Either way I'm sad to see this story canceled for the time being

8501106
To be honest with you, I've been flirting with the idea of doing a similar story to this. Just a matter of actually outlining it and becoming a good enough writer to execute the idea decently, so it may be a few before you see anything from me.

Thank you for the ideas.

8501258
Dude don't sell yourself too short there. You're already an excellent writer! I mean if you changed the characters to humans or something other than talking equines and came up with new names for them I could totally see this story on the bookshelf at a store somewhere. Same with several other writers on this site! I won't name any of them here but one of them has a story with a title based off of the tag line(essentially) from my favorite anime(Gurren Lagann) and another one has a very large sprawling set of stories (that are all connected) like a weed growing in a universe

I haven’t even read the story yet, all I can say is spike looks badass in that pic

I did not spend three days straight reading all of the chapters to this story just for it to end. Are you coming back to it old friend? It would mean a lot.

Why cancel this.... I just.... I don't understand... it's gorgeous... I must know why

Login or register to comment