• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 8,453 Views, 575 Comments

Spike Quits His Job and Goes on Numerous Quests - B_25

  • ...
54
 575
 8,453

PreviousChapters Next
51 – “My Granny Always Told Me I Was a Jokester”

~51~

“My Granny Always Told Me I Was a Jokester”

The pack of friends galloped through the Canterlot Castle’s corridors with panicked looks on their faces. They swiftly rushed past any servant or guard that would get in their way, the latter of breaking their instructions of standing still and guarding the door in order to try and figure out what the blurs they had just seen were.

The four friends, after the departure of their friend, agreed to race past anyone or anything that stood in their way so they could reach their current objective quicker. After rounding yet another corner, the friends caught sight of the blaster and gold-trimmed door, bearing a celestial shield emblem.

They didn’t slow down for that would risk the precious seconds Twilight may not have to still be alive. So all together, the friends combined their momentum and threw their shoulders into the door, coming to feel an impact afterward on the red strands of the carpet leading to the throne room.

A circle of spears struck themselves all above their heads, their shining metal not being caught by the still closed eyes of the intruder. By one call of the voice that possessed an intermixture of authority and kindness, the spears returned to their owner's sides.

The four Elements untangled their limbs from one another as they slowly rose to their hooves, giving a shake of the head to clear away the pain brought on by their fall, before once again realizing their objective and racing toward the throne.

The golden metal boot finished lacing itself against the final alabaster hoof before the owner of the golden aurora cast her eyes toward the four bowing subjects. “Seeing a dragon terrorizing a city thing must be a scary thing to see indeed, but that should be no reason to risk breaking your shoulder by throwing yourself into an already opening door.”

The four lowered head rose, each looking to one another to try and catch the Princess up to just the severity of the situation. Applejack decided to be the one after the precious moment’s wasted silence. “Ya don’t understand, Princess. Something very terrible happened to the other girls.”

“I was going to make the note that they were only four of you.” Celestia approached the column with a mace strapped to it, undoing said strap and magically connecting the weapon to her metal-protected back. “Did Rainbow doing something reckless, like charging after the dragon by herself, forcing Twilight to go chase after her?”

Applejack never knew how the Princess could seem so calm during such tense situations, as it alway quelled the fear in her heart that everything would be okay in the end, and that would calm the rapid beating. “Kinda like that, except without charging after part.”

“How do you mean?”

Applejack smiled at being able to drop the mannerisms, though it became marred when the event of the city was retold through the same lips. “The dragon went to try and take away Fluttershy, but Rainbow knocked her out of the way an’ took her place instead.”

Fluttershy broke idly staring at the Princess to blink in Applejack’s direction. “Wait. When did this happen?”

Applejack clocked her gaze. “It never happened Fluttershy. I’m merely playing around with the Princess.”

“Oh, well, you shouldn’t play games in times like this, Applejack.” She returned to staring back at the Princess with blank eyes, no one coming to complain when her eyelids slipped closed as she attempted to recover lost sleep by sleeping standing up.

The Princess’s eyes trailed the exchange between the two before slipping close to invent the mental images of the scene. “That’s certainly the interesting joke, Miss Applejack. I take it that the punch line is so funny, that others are blinded by the tears racing down their cheek?”

“My granny always told me I was a jokester.” The firm stare from the Princess served to remind Applejack of the contextual conversation they were having. “I mean, yes, that particular joke was enough to blind a friend and make em’ dumb to everything for a few days. Especially since they hadn’t slept since a good week and a half.”

“Is that so?” Celestia cast her gaze over to the sleeping pegasus, who’s only unkind action toward her, besides this one, was when she stole Philomena away. But even then, it was only to heal an animal she perceived to be sick. “I hope, that after a good night sleep, this friend of your's will return to the world exactly the way it was befor—”

“I’M SORRY, SPIKE!”

All those in the throne room, even the guards who had been instructed to keep an eye on the door, looked to the pegasus who had just awoken herself with her own shout. Looking to all the others as if they were the one’s to have created the racket. “I’m sorry, is the righting starting yet.”

“Luna’s taken charged with the night guard…” The princess cast a glance at the other Elements. “...though I’m more curious as to why you’d have to be sorry to Spike for anything.”

Fluttershy noticed the unfamiliar look of irritation plaguing the Princess’s otherwise pristine face, not at all sure between her connection with Spike. “For a little while, I had him staying in my home. But he left a few months ago, and I can’t help but feel I should’ve done more for him, or at least conceived him stay in Ponyville for a little longer.”

“Do you mean to tell me that Spike is no longer under the care of the Elements of Harmony’s!?” Her eyes flared open to reveal a flame burning within her pupil, as the Princess stepped before them all. “Why wasn’t I notified the moment of– no, the second that these occurrences were happening?”

The booms of the Princess shouts served to not only resound off the walls that carried it through the castle but for a shiver of fear to bear deep into the shaking legs of everyone present.

“Bu-Bu-Because we didn’t have the same means of D-Mail that was once courtesy of Spike?” Rarity tried to offer with a smile that was scared off by the frowning face of Celestia’s that came directly before hers.

‘She’s scarier than the dragon that stole away Rainbow!’ Rarity thought to herself as the aforementioned shiver possessed her back as well.

“Do you mean to play on the patience of a mother who just discovered her son has run away from home!?”

Everyone in the throne room, including the guards, joined together to amplify the sound of their one question.

“WHAT!?”

PreviousChapters Next