• Published 21st Oct 2015
  • 1,300 Views, 16 Comments

Welcome to Your Nightmare! - Ganondorf8



Pinkie Pie has a new game for her friends to play, but it's a different kind of game. Over the course of the next hour, they will be experiencing their worst nightmares.

  • ...
6
 16
 1,300

Chapter 5: Chosen One

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I do not own anything regarding, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Friendship Games. These are the properties of Hasbro.

I guess being the Chosen One isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Note: The following are the colours and numbers each of the girls selected, for my own benefit and yours.

Fluttershy - Purple - 1
Rarity - Red - 2
Pinkie Pie - Gray - 3
Twilight and Sunset - Blue - 4
Rainbow Dash - White - 5
Applejack - Black - 6

Welcome to Your Nightmare!
By Ganondorf8
October 31, 2015
Chapter 5: Chosen One.

What Applejack said in response to Rarity becoming the chosen one had me concerned, as though she knew what was going to happen when the time comes. I know we're not allowed to ask each other what is written down on the cards we collect until they are activated, but something was gnawing away at me, prompting me to inquire. Guilt perhaps? Or maybe it was a feat of curiosity? In any case, I hope Rarity is going to be okay as this game has really been getting intense especially in these last several minutes where the Gatekeeper has really made his presence felt. It's a miracle that Fluttershy is still playing given how she has freaked out every time he shows up, and while Rainbow Dash is acting cool, deep down she was afraid of this guy even though it was just a board game.

" I'm just sayin' that maybe ya oughta not be so gosh darn happy about being ta chosen one." Applejack said.

" Jealous are we, darling?" Rarity asked, a smug look appearing on her face.

" We don't really know much about this game other than ta host proving himself to be quite ta insulting one when he needs to be, or have ya forgotten how he poked fun at Pinkie Pie's middle name earlier, or how all of us have been gettin' freaked out whenever he appears because we don't know what will happen next?" Applejack asked. Even though she does represent the element of honesty, Applejack was struggling to tell the truth, and it has to do with the card she picked up earlier where she proceeded an evil smile. I think she was expecting Rainbow Dash to be selected as the chosen one, and instead Rarity herself was chosen which has probably thrown a proverbial monkey wrench into her plans. Given how both Applejack and Rainbow have a friendly rivalry of sorts, I can imagine the former really wanted the latter to suffer. Now, Applejack and Rarity do have a strong friendship, but there are times when it can get testy, and it all revolves around how one is a fashionista who loves splendour, and the other who is a farmer who prefers the simple things in life where she has no time to fuss over anything frilly.

" Oh, don't be so nervous darling, as it just doesn't suit you at all." Rarity said.

" I'm not nervous!" Applejack shouted.

" I know that, so I was just teasing with you a little to get into the spirit of things." Rarity said. This prompted Applejack to laugh, but I could tell that it was anything but sincere as though she was still allowing the card she got to dictate how she was to approach this whole chosen one thing. Since Rarity's turn has become null due to the Gatekeeper making an appearance, she handed over the dice to Pinkie, who looked at the clock in order to see what the time was.

13:30

" In about two minutes, I get to use my Time card, so hopefully I'll be able to win a key!" Pinkie said to herself, grinning with glee which made the rest of us look at her as though she were hiding something as well. She took notice of our expressions towards her, and quickly removed her own expression by wiping her hand down her face which gave her a more competitive look... yeah, I know she's just being Pinkie Pie, but did she really have to do that? Anyway, she rolled a one which landed her on another Time gravestone, and she subsequently picked one up before immediately putting it back on the bottom of the pile.

" Why did you do that?" I asked.

" I couldn't use that card as the time written on it had expired." Pinkie answered.

" What did it say? Can you mention that at least seeing as you couldn't use it." I said.

" It said that I could take a key, but the time on the card said 02:00 which means you need to get that particular card almost straight away in order to reap any kind of reward, but since it took us all about that long to actually figure out what we needed to do just to get started, I don't think it would have been incredibly useful." Pinkie said, who was feeling pretty calm considering the card she had to return would have given her an early lead almost straight away, yet right now both Applejack and Rainbow Dash were tied with one key apiece, and we were getting close to the 15:00 mark which was the quarter way mark seeing as we only have an hour to play.

" Sorry about that Pinkie." I began.

" For what?" Pinkie asked.

" If we had taken the time to go through every last aspect of the rules, this game would probably be even more enjoyable for you than it already is. We all know that you worked really hard to make this the best sleepover you've ever thrown, but I feel as though we're all just taking the fun out of it because of making several mistakes such as having to restart the game because of not doing everything that was needed beforehand." I answered, reaching out with my hand to grab at Pinkie's glass of water as all of that talking made me feel parched this time around, so she handed it over to me where I gulped down what was left before giving it back where she refilled it without any problem.

" Are you kidding? This has so far been the best sleepover I've ever had, and I've got my cousin to thank for sending us this fun game, and you girls of course for wanting to play the game with me, as I don't think anyone in my family would have wanted to play. I mean, they probably would have, but their reactions wouldn't have been nearly as good as what you've all been giving. Granted, I do wish that we hadn't restarted the game just after two minutes, but I'm totally over that as you've all been playing really well." Pinkie said, her upbeat attitude being a pleasant sight to see. No matter what kind of problems show up, Pinkie always has a positive attitude which rubs off on everyone she comes into contact with as though she were a virus that you want to be infected with.

I then began to imagine what this experience would have been like had her family played as opposed to us, for even though I've only met Maud Pie once during the holiday sleepover at Pinkie's place last year during the "anon-a-miss" fiasco, I can see them not reacting at all to everything that the Gatekeeper does... at least on the outside.

" If you say so." I said.

" Anyway, it's your turn now Sunset, or would it be Twilight's since you two are sharing the same character." Pinkie said, leaving me to quickly determine which of us was supposed to go next, yet Twilight took the initiative by saying that she would roll the dice for us. Pinkie handed the dice over to her, but just as she was about to roll it...

" STOP!" The Gatekeeper shouted as he appeared, but it hadn't even been a minute since his last appearance. " YOU! The one whose turn it is next, answer me!"

" Yes, my Gatekeeper!" Twilight shouted.

" Pick up the dice... NOW!" The Gatekeeper shouted, yet this was kind of a pointless thing for him to say given Twilight was already holding onto the dice, but my guess was that the player at this exact point in the game isn't supposed to be holding it. " Roll it! What number did you roll?" The Gatekeeper asked, prompting Twilight to roll the dice immediately as she was slightly falling behind. The number that came up on the dice was a three, and she declared this to him with a firm voice as though she were trying to make sure that he heard her say it. " Eh?... Not bad... roll it again..." This time, Twilight rolled it the moment he spoke, and she rolled a five which was better than before, but the question on my mind was what was he planning. " What number did you roll this time?"

" Five." Twilight answered.

" Now... roll it again..." The Gatekeeper said.

" Seriously?" Twilight asked, rolling the dice for a third time, and getting a five again.

" Three times lucky... give me the number." The Gatekeeper said.

" Five." Twilight answered.

" Uh... now! Add all three numbers you rolled together... if the total you rolled is more than twelve... receive a key... if not... better luck next time." The Gatekeeper said, laughing before he disappeared, but since the numbers added up to make 13, that meant Twilight and I succeeded in his unusual challenge.

" That was a real time waster." Rainbow Dash commented.

" I agree with you there Rainbow Dash as I thought that went on a little too long for my taste, but it looks like my dice rolling has secured a key for Sunset and I, so that means we now have a three-way tie for first place." Twilight said, eyeing the six keys in the game box that were the same colour as our playing piece, and because she was the one who rolled the dice for us, she should be the one who decides what key we should have. " Sunset? Why don't you choose the key we should have." Twilight said, catching me off guard as I was certain she would pick.

" Are you sure?" I asked.

" We are teammates after all even though that's not really how the game is supposed to work, but I'll let you choose the key we should take." Twilight answered. It only took me less than five seconds to choose the same key that Rainbow Dash had picked earlier... the key that would free us from the Black Hole instantly, my reason for choosing it was because I had a feeling the Gatekeeper was going to be sending a lot of us there during the remainder of the game. " I had a feeling you were going to pick that one Sunset, and I would have chosen it as well, as I think having an instant release from the Black Hole is too good to not consider having that power." Twilight said, nodding to Pinkie to hand over that particular key, which she did, and because our turn was cancelled due to the Gatekeeper, the dice was passed onto Rainbow Dash where Pinkie suddenly made an announcement while flashing the Time card she received earlier.

" I get to roll the dice according to what my Time card says." Pinkie said, grabbing the dice from Twilight before Rainbow Dash could take it, and she rolled it where it clanged across the board before landing on a three. At first, it didn't make any sense to us, but when Pinkie revealed what her card said, it all made perfect sense. " I had to roll my number to receive a key, so I did, and now I've got one too which makes it a four-way tie!" She decided to pick a key at random without even looking at what each of them do, for that was just the kind of thing she does given her random nature.

" Can I go now?" Rainbow Dash asked.

" Here you go!" Pinkie answered, handing over the dice. Rainbow then rolled a six which landed her in the Black Hole, but because she had the key which releases her from there immediately, she could consider it just another space on the board provided she doesn't lose the key due to an event in the future. It was Applejack's turn now, and while she was eager to have her turn, she had been staring at Rarity for these last couple of minutes, and while Rarity didn't mind because it was a chance for her to show off, I suspected there was more what appearances were suggesting.

" STOP!" The Gatekeeper shouted as he appeared, and again not much time had passed. " YOU! The one whose turn it is next, answer me!"

" Yes, my Gatekeeper!" Applejack shouted.

" Tell me... who would you like to see banished? Which one of your opponents?" The Gatekeeper.

" He wants me to make one of y'all suffer?" Applejack asked.

" You'd better answer him." Rainbow Dash said.

" Sorry Rarity, but I have to choose you I'm afraid." Applejack said, causing Rarity to be shocked at such a decision, but this expression quickly faded away, and was replaced with one of compassion as she knew her friend had been placed on the spot, and had to choose someone otherwise face the wrath of the Gatekeeper. I personally think she chose Rarity because of that whole chosen one nonsense from earlier. " Rarity!"

" Consider it done... that player is banished to the Black Hole!" The Gatekeeper shouted before disappearing again. Rarity took her playing piece, and moved it to the closest Black Hole she was near to, and the dice was passed over to Fluttershy who got to have her turn now.

" You haven't said much since we started playing." Rainbow Dash said.

" I've been trying my best not to get scared out of my wits every time that scary Gatekeeper appears on the screen, and that scary lightning happens when he speaks. So far, things have worked out okay for me, but I don't know how much more my nerves can take." Fluttershy said.

" We could stop the game you know." Rainbow Dash said.

" And ruin Pinkie Pie's sleepover? I could never do something like that." Fluttershy said, and we all nodded our heads in approval including Rainbow Dash as we all knew how much hard work was placed into all of this, and simply stopping the game would crush Pinkie's heart. Since both she and Rarity didn't have any keys of their own, it meant they were under some intense pressure to catch up with us, or end up falling even further behind. Fluttershy rolled the dice where she landed on a Fate gravestone, and picked it up where she read to herself before putting it down. " I'm... not sure what I'm supposed to do with this card based on what it said, but I'm sure I'll figure it out when I get a free moment."

" So who gets to go next?" Rainbow Dash asked.

" It should be Rarity's turn as doesn't she need to roll a six in order to be released from the Black Hole?" Fluttershy asked.

" I might as well try Fluttershy dear, and hopefully I can succeed." Rarity answered, taking the dice into her hands, and rolling it where she didn't roll a six, but rather a four which wasn't going to get her out this time around. " Well, there's always my next turn I suppose, but it does mean I'll be falling behind seeing as I don't have one of those keys like most of you have."

" I don't have one either." Fluttershy said.

" That is sure to change later." Rarity said. It was now Pinkie's turn where she rolled a three, and also found herself in the Black Hole... I bet she wishes that she had taken the key which can release her instantly, so when we asked her which key she ended up taking, she revealed that it was the key that unlocked the Gate of Chance. I had to roll my eyes in response to that as only Pinkie would end up taking a key that granted a power like that considering that chance is always a random occurrence, and she was the most random person I know.

" STOP!" The Gatekeeper shouted, appearing once again. " Whose turn is it next... answer me!"

" Yes, my Gatekeeper." Pinkie said, as it was still technically her turn.

" You're going to wish it wasn't!" The Gatekeeper shouted, his words making it sound like he was threatening her. " Roll the dice... what number did you roll?"

" I rolled a two." Pinkie answered.

" That is the number of turns you are going to miss you maggot!" The Gatekeeper said before disappearing again, and while I didn't appreciate him calling her such a derogatory name, she did manage to get away with a minor punishment as I couldn't imagine her having to miss five, or even six turns, yet it did mean the game was going to pick up slightly as Pinkie was out for two turns, and Rarity was still stuck in the Black Hole until she could roll her way out of there. Taking the dice in my hand, I rolled a six which is what is needed by Rarity, and I landed on a Time gravestone where I picked up the card before scratching my head over what it had to say.

" At 59:59, scream... just for the hell of it." I said to myself before showing the card to Twilight where she shrugged her shoulders, for she didn't understand what the meaning was behind it either. Considering that it had to be activated at the very last second before the game ends, there was no text to say that it had to be returned to the bottom of the pile, as that would make no sense at all.

18:00

That's how much time had passed, and we were still struggling to get things going, so I handed the dice over to Rainbow Dash where she rolled a three, and landed on a blank gravestone just as the Gatekeeper would appear seconds later.

" STOP! YOU!... yes, you... the one whose turn it is next, answer me!" The Gatekeeper said.

" Yes, my Gatekeeper!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

" You're banished!" The Gatekeeper said, speaking really oddly as though he might be suffering from a voice malfunction, but Rainbow didn't seem to care as she could free herself at any time thanks to having the key that frees her instantly from the Black Hole.

" That was his least threatening maneuver he's made thus far." Rainbow Dash said.

" It's bound to get worse later y'all." Applejack said, looking at the clock very closely because she knew what was coming up according to what her Time card said, and she gulped several times because it meant having to frighten Rarity out of her wits. She didn't want to resort to such an action, but she was playing the game like the rest of us were, meaning she had to carry out the task even if she was hesitating.

" Your turn!" Rainbow Dash shouted, handing the dice over to Applejack, who rolled a five, and landed on the gravestone of her own character which was either very coincidental, or very lucky, yet either way it didn't mean a thing in the grand scheme. Fluttershy rolled the dice next where she also rolled a five, and landed on a Chance gravestone where she picked up a card, and put it to one side saying that she was going to read it the moment her turn came to an end.

19:20

Once she handed the dice over to Rarity, she began to look at the Chance card she had just picked up, but my concern was on Applejack who looked really nervous as though she were hiding some kind of secret from us... one that must relate to Rarity being selected as the chosen one. I was wondering how long it would take for this whole chosen one bit to be dealt with, but I didn't have to wait for very long as the Gatekeeper appeared again... without the lightning to signify his appearance. Speaking of which... his appearance had changed again where he now had a greenish tint all over his face, and I could see a small bump on his forehead which wasn't there before.

" He looks even worse than ever." Rarity commented.

" Is he getting desperate in the whole scaring department?" Rainbow Dash asked.

" I think he's got something else in mind." Applejack answered.

" I release those of you banished to the Black Hole... and I summon the Chosen One." The Gatekeeper said.

" I'm free!" Rarity shouted, clapping her hands with glee.

" Who is the Chosen One? Answer me!" The Gatekeeper said.

" Yes my Gatekeeper!" Rarity shouted.

" So... it is you... take a key... then leave your seat... and come... sit before me..." The Gatekeeper said in a soothing voice, yet while it meant Rarity finally received her first key where she chose the one that frees her from the Black Hole saying she didn't want to be trapped there again, she had been commanded to leave her seat. It looked weird seeing one of us having to sit right in front of the television, but I was surprised to see Applejack getting up as well, and raising her finger to her mouth as an indicator that we had to keep quiet about what she was doing. Deep down, she didn't like what she was about to do, but her Time card had now activated, and she had to scare Rarity at the precise moment in order to complete her painful task.

" You wanted to speak to me?" Rarity asked.

" I've something very special to show you..." The Gatekeeper answered, his face suddenly having an image of a skull appear over it which Rarity reacted to by moving her body slightly backwards with repulsion. " It is just for you..." Once again, his face had the skull image appear, but it lasted for just a second before disappearing again. " It is not for the others... come closer..."

" If you insist." Rarity said, inching ever closer with Applejack sneaking up right behind her without the former knowing.

" Still closer..." The Gatekeeper whispered, the rest of us being completely silent, yet we all pretty much concluded what was about to happen given how Applejack was right behind Rarity, and was about to make her move. " ...so I can show you... MY FURY!!!!" The Gatekeeper shouted at the top of his lungs, the sound of lightning sounding out when he shouted, and Applejack screamed as hard as she could in an attempt to scare Rarity out of her wits. " NEVER EVER COME CLOSER TO ME AGAIN YOU MAGGOT!!!!" The Gatekeeper shouted, his image disappearing from the screen...

Comments ( 3 )

Are you gonna continue the story?

Halloween is coming up, do you plan on continuing this?

How dare you leave this hanging?! I NEED MORE!!! This is just getting good! Don’t stop now!!!

Login or register to comment