• Published 18th Oct 2015
  • 1,108 Views, 22 Comments

The Shadow Keeper - derpyland



Celestia decides it's time to right an old wrong – but the price of undoing her father's crime may be much too high.

  • ...
3
 22
 1,108

Chapter 7

IT TOOK THE KEEPER some time to explain to everypony what had happened. When his story finally came to an end, Luna looked down at her fallen sister with a look of great sadness. “I am sorry that things turned out this way. I had truly hoped that my sister had learned her lesson after the incident with the Necromancer and had become a wiser pony. I now realize that Celestia is much worse off than I ever imagined. Her mind has become unbalanced.”

“What are you going to do?” Trixie asked.

“I will take her back to Canterlot. There I can see that she gets the help she needs. My sister went to the very edge of destruction, but she did pull back at the end. Perhaps there is still hope for her. It may be possible to overcome the darkness that has taken over her heart. I know you have never seen it, but there truly was a time when Celestia cared about the lives of her subjects. I long to see her become the loving pony that I once knew.”

Trixie sighed. “So you want me to give her magic back, don't you? I knew this was too good to be true.”

“Absolutely not,” Luna said firmly. “Celestia nearly destroyed the sun itself! The very last thing I want right now is for Celestia to have control of magic – especially alicorn magic. Anypony who seriously considered destroying the entire world should not have control over the sun. No, Trixie, I want you to keep her magic. It is yours now.”

Twilight spoke up. “But what about Celestia? She can't even stand up anymore! She's going to need at least some magic.”

“I'll handle that,” Luna replied. “Do not worry about it. I am not helpless, Twilight. I know how to take care of my sister.”

Trixie looked at Luna nervously. “But I don't know how to raise the sun or control alicorn magic. I have a lot to learn.”

“And Twilight and I will help you learn it. For the time being I will raise the sun and the moon, but once you have been trained I will turn Celestia's job over to you. We will help you, Trixie. You are not on your own. The throne will be there when you feel you are ready for it.”

“The throne?” Trixie asked.

Luna nodded. “Celestia will never be able to rule over Equestria again. Cadence and I will handle affairs for as long as we can, but you and Twilight must prepare yourself for rule. When you are ready, the throne will be waiting for you. Then the great and powerful Trixie will be in charge.”

“Along with me,” Twilight added.

Rainbow Dash interrupted. “All right, all right, enough of that. You can discuss all that princess stuff later. We've got bigger things to worry about here! I know that Celestia is your sister and all, but I think you're letting Celestia off way too easy. You do realize that she nearly killed everypony, right? Then there's the fact that she tried to impale Trixie. Are you really just going to take her back to Canterlot and let her get therapy? What kind of punishment is that?”

Twilight pointed at Celestia, who was still unconscious. “Do you see what kind of shape she's in? Look at her! Celestia's power is gone and she will never rule over anypony ever again. She just lost everything. Her reputation is gone and she can't even walk. What else is there to take from her?”

Rainbow Dash shook her head. “I just think she's getting off really light. She tried to kill Trixie! Twilight, she stabbed you. With an actual weapon. There's got to be some sort of penalty for that beyond 'talk about your feelings with a licensed head shrink'. If this was anypony other than Celestia would we be letting them get off this easy?”

Twilight started to respond, but Luna cut her off. “The rainbow pony has a valid point. Celestia has indeed committed serious crimes. Perhaps we are being too easy on her.”

Luna glanced at the nearest Wonderbolt, then levitated the sword out of his holster and dropped it on the floor in front of Rainbow Dash. “Celestia's life is in your hooves, Rainbow. If you wish to take it then pick up the sword and do so. Nopony here will try to stop you.”

Rainbow looked down at the sword, astonished. She then looked at Celestia, and then back at Luna. “You're kidding. You're not serious.”

“I am very serious. The choice is up to you. Celestia will live or die by your hooves.”

Rainbow hesitated. She stared at the sharp sword in front of her, and then looked at the unconscious body of Celestia. Finally she sighed and kicked the sword away. “Fine, fine. I get it. Take her back to Canterlot. Have it your way.”

Luna then turned to Twilight. “Twilight, you are the one that she stabbed. Do you wish to take up the sword?”

“Absolutely not,” Twilight exclaimed, horrified.

Luna finally turned to Trixie. “That only leaves one other pony. Trixie, you are the one that my sister tried to kill – and she has attempted to take your life more than once. Celestia may have stabbed Twilight, but it was you she was trying to murder. If Celestia is taken to Canterlot and recovers, she will probably still never stop hating you and she may try to kill you again. As long as my sister is alive your life is in danger. Do you wish to end this?”

“I'm not going to kill her,” Trixie said flatly. “I'm not that kind of pony. I learned my lesson with the griffons. I'm not going to kill anypony else if I can help it. I have enough blood on my hooves already.”

The Keeper spoke up. “Think about this carefully, Trixie. Celestia is dangerous and she means you harm. If you were unconscious and Celestia had that sword she would undoubtedly kill you. You saw her try to do that very thing less than an hour ago! She is your enemy and she always will be. Are you sure you want to simply let her go?”

“Trixie does not trust Celestia – not at all. But she is not going to kill her either.”

Luna spoke up. “Very well. Then so be it. When Celestia awakes I will let her know what you did.”

“She won't care,” Trixie replied. “You're talking about a pony who gave me a tearful eulogy just a few weeks ago, and today tried to stab me to death.”

“Perhaps you are right – but perhaps not. Time will tell.”

* * * * *

After Luna and the Wonderbolts carried Celestia away, Twilight and Trixie returned to the grounds of the Castle of the Two Sisters. “Are you sure you don't need me to hang around?” Rainbow Dash asked. “I mean, you two have had a pretty terrible day.”

“We'll be fine,” Twilight replied. “Besides, we're not going to stay here long. We'll be back home in a few minutes.”

“All right, then. See you tomorrow!” Rainbow Dash soared off into the sky and disappeared, leaving a rainbow trail behind her.

As soon as she was gone Twilight turned to Trixie. “Can you believe that Luna actually gave that sword to Rainbow Dash? When she did that I nearly fell over! What was she thinking?”

“Luna can see into the future,” Trixie pointed out. “She knew that nopony was going to take that sword and use it. The only reason she offered it was to shut Rainbow up – and it worked. It was a clever move. It forced Rainbow to think.”

“It was still a creepy thing to do. Anyway. So, um, today didn't exactly turn out the way I had planned. I was hoping to relax you and make you happy.”

“Then you shouldn't have invited Celestia! I know, I know, you didn't invite her. But still. She sort of ruined the day.”

“But she did give you wings. And you're basically in charge of the sun now. And you have superpowers, and you can take over the whole country whenever you want. So it hasn't been a total loss.”

“That's true,” Trixie said thoughtfully. She smiled. “It's a glorious thought, isn't it? Trixie likes the idea of ruling over the country.”

Twilight grinned. “I'm sure Trixie does. But a few hours ago you were stressing over the responsibility of being the Element of Magic. Do you know how much more responsibility comes from being in charge of the whole country?”

“Really, Twilight? That is what you are thinking about right now? You're a bright cloud of joy on every occasion, aren't you? Twilight is always there to rain on my parade. It's a wonder you don't get invited to more parties.”

“Sorry. I just get stressed about these things.”

Trixie spread her hooves wide. “Look on the bright side! When we take over the country we'll get to live in a big castle, and everypony will have to do whatever we tell them, and we will be royalty. It will be–”

“–exactly like our life now. We already live in a big castle, and we're already royalty, and since you're the Element of Magic ponies already have to do whatever you tell them. If they don't listen to you then you can use your friends to turn them into stone. The only difference is that as the ruler of Equestria you'll have to attend a lot of boring meetings and do tedious diplomatic stuff. Instead of hanging out with the Keeper you'll be trying to persuade the yak nation not to go bomb somebody.”

“It will be easy,” Trixie replied airily. “As long as you and I stick together and work as a team, I think we can handle pretty much anything. Even assassination attempts, apparently. We've got this, Twilight. You just wait and see.”

“You think so? Do you really think we'll be good rulers?”

“I haven't the slightest doubt! After all, I have friends, and I know they will be there to help me.”

“I thought you didn't trust them. What changed?”

“They were there for me today when I needed them,” Trixie explained. “Rainbow Dash may have a big mouth, but she was willing to fight Celestia herself to save me. In fact, the whole country lined up to defend me. They have proven that they are ready for Trixie to be their queen.”

“Hey – I'm going to be ruling too! It's going to take both of us. Equestria is a big country, you know. There's no telling what sort of trouble we're going to face.”

“Trixie is not worried. After all, we will face it together. Right?”

“Right,” Twilight agreed.

Comments ( 13 )

Not sure what to think of this story, I mean in the 1st story I always had the indication that Celestia grief corrupted her. People in grief can do some serious stupid things. But here, you made Celestia all villianous like some final fantasy antagonist. The hostility towards Celestia, considering that Trixie entire Alicorn amulet incident has been forgiven. I seriously doubt ponies as a whole race would hold a grudge, I believe they are more forgiven as race then that. And let's not mention Celestia herself, although she can be angered it's only when her subjects are in danger that Celestia shows any aggression. The only two beings Celestia acted hostile was Queen Chrysalis and Discord. Considering what both these beings were about to do with her subjects it's there for justified the hostilities because her ponies were in danger. :twilightangry2:

So what I'm saying is that both sides of hostilities are completely out of character. I'm talking both Celestia and Rainbowdash. The later never shown any signs of having trust issues with other ponies. The motives simple didn't match their personality. We know for a fact one of the few things about Celestia is her motherly like love for her subjects. :fluttershysad:

All though I must I enjoyed Trixie trickery it was already obvious what she and Twilight had done. I doubt not many readers will be fooled. :twilightsmile:

6553947

We know for a fact one of the few things about Celestia is her motherly like love for her subjects.

See, I've always interpreted Celestia as a villain, from the very first episode. No one who actually cared about others would behave the way she does. I tend to depict her as evil in my stories because I think she really is evil. I don't trust her at all.

In the very first episode of the show, Nightmare Moon is about to return. Now, Celestia knows that Nightmare Moon is really her sister, but no one else in Equestria has any idea of this. How is that possible? Celestia hasn't forgotten, but somehow everyone else has. Not only did Celestia allow the memory of her own sister to be lost (after all, she could have told everyone the truth, but she deliberately hid the truth instead), but she also lost the Elements of Harmony. And she completely failed to prepare her nation for the arrival of Nightmare Moon - a pony she knew was coming back, and who might cause great harm. When Twilight found out and was justly concerned, Celestia lied to her about the whole thing.

If you are a competent leader and you know something is about to happen that could endanger many lives, the wise thing to do is to prepare the nation for it. You tell your citizens: hey, Nightmare Moon is coming, and things could get bad. You don't lose the tools you need to contain her; instead you protect them. You put your ponies in a safe place, where they can't be harmed. (You have a thousand years to prepare, after all! The whole nation could have been doing drills for years.) You be honest with everyone about who Nightmare Moon is, and what happened, and what needs to be done to defeat her.

And you explain to your best student the truth. There was no reason to expect Twilight to go to Ponyville and make friends. She knew nothing about friendship, and she didn't care about other ponies. She was just trying to save the nation. If Celestia really did believe that Twilight making friends was the way to save her sister, she should have had Twilight start on that a long time ago - and she should have told Twilight the purpose behind it all. Instead she put her entire nation in danger, and she gave Twilight a really good reason to never trust her again.

Celestia's actual plan was: "I'm going to act like everything is fine, and send Twilight to Ponyville in hopes that she will accidentally make all the friend she needs - but I'm not going to tell her that making friends is the only way to save the country. Then I'll hope that somehow she'll see through all my lies and will figure out how to defeat Nightmare Moon in spite of me." Remember, Celestia knew how to defeat Nightmare Moon. She knew where the Elements of Harmony were. She knew what had to be done, and she knew that Twilight wanted to save everyone - but she deliberately kept all that information from Twilight and made her life as difficult as possible. If she actually cared about her country she would have had the Elements ready for Twilight, explained to her what had to happen, and helped her. But she did none of those things.

Why did Celestia invite Twilight and her friends to the gala? Because she expected them to ruin it, and she thought that would be funny. She surely knew they were expecting to have a great time, but she didn't tell them the truth - which is what a loving pony would have actually done. Instead she took advantage of them for her own kicks - and then she did it again, later, by inviting Discord. She wasn't appalled when Discord nearly exiled Treehugger to another dimension; instead she was entertained.

And let's not forget the Crystal Empire fiasco. When the lives of an entire empire are at stake, you pull out all the stops to protect those lives. You send in every last resource you have to make sure they aren't enslaved again. The one thing you don't do - unless you are a psychopath - is deliberately send in one pony in order to make the whole thing some kind of princess test. Playing with the lives of others is a sign that you see their lives as rather meaningless. Celestia could have sent the Elements of Harmony along; she could have allowed Luna to go; she could have gone herself. But instead she decided to risk the lives of thousands of innocents because she saw a good opportunity to test her star pupil. That is seriously demented. You should never, ever take chances with the lives of others. Ever.

I've never seen anything in Celestia that suggests she cares about anyone other than herself. I realize I am in the minority, and that's fine. But this is how I see it, and that's why I depict her this way.

6555680

Your entire argument can be broken with one thing. "As shown in Twilights Kingdom, Celestia has foresight."Although it's not perfect it allows Celestia to measure the threats and possible outcomes. The entire Nightmare Moon incident Celestia was fully aware what was going to happen. And the reason why she altered the history so no pony knew that Luna and Nightmare Moon were the same being was for the love of her sister. So that when she would be freed she wouldn't be feared and hated in modern Equestria society. Celestia is the long term planner. In otherwords Celestia already knew the outcome of each event before they took place.

Celestia isn't evil but she's an manipulator. Kinda a puppet master. However she does it only to protect her subjects. And the crystal empire, do you really believed an armed force could have stopped Sombra? His only weakness was the Crystal Heart, but that thing needed to be recharged by the joy and happiness of the crystal ponies. If an armed force had been present then that would have caused tension, fear, etc... and then the Crystal Hart wouldn't have been recharged. Even if she and Luna would have gone themselves the Crystal Ponies would realize something terrible was about the happen and the same effect as an armed force would happen.
So in this situation Celestia hoof was tied and she did her best she could do considering the circumstances.

So what tells us about Celestia, that she's very smart and cunning. But has a good hart.

6555758

I'm glad you replied. I've been wanting to have this discussion with someone who actually liked Celestia, but I never found anyone. My wife dislikes her as much as I do.

And the reason why she altered the history so no pony knew that Luna and Nightmare Moon were the same being was for the love of her sister. So that when she would be freed she wouldn't be feared and hated in modern Equestria society.

If that's the truth then Celestia failed spectacularly. Since Celestia hid the truth, and entire festival called Nightmare Night sprung up, which depicted Luna as some kind of evil monster who eats ponies. When Luna did return, everyone was terrified of her. (The look on everypony's face when Luna returned to Ponyville was one of absolute terror. The ending of the episode notwithstanding, no one but Twilight was happy to see her and no one was glad she was there.) Celestia could have prevented all of that from happening by telling the truth and teaching ponies to care about her poor sister, but she didn't. She allowed them to think that Luna was an evil monster.

And the crystal empire, do you really believed an armed force could have stopped Sombra?

Shining Armor and Cadence did a great job of keeping Sombra out, but since there were just two of them things got a bit dicey at the end. All they really had to do was keep Sombra out of the Crystal Empire until they could find the Heart. Celestia knew about the Crystal Heart; she wrote about it in her diary. She could have told Twilight about it but she didn't. Celestia once again made Twilight's life far more difficult than it had to be. If she and Luna had gone to help and provided the relief that Armor and Cadence so desperately needed, they might have been able to buy more time and save all those ponies those moments of absolute terror. As it was, they came within a few seconds of total failure.

Celestia made it clear that her priority was testing Twilight, not saving an empire. She should have put her own goals aside to save those who were in danger - which is the lesson she claimed Twilight had learned by letting Spike help.

Which brings us to this:

As shown in Twilights Kingdom, Celestia has foresight.

Twilight's Kingdom was the last episode of Season 4. I started watching the show long before that, so by the time that episode came around my opinion of Celestia had already been formed. I didn't see any evidence in the earlier seasons that Celestia was following a careful plan - that the future had to happen a certain way. All I saw was an incredibly foolish ruler who made terrible decisions.

If the show had said up-front, at the very beginning, that Celestia knew how things would turn out and did what she did because there was no other way, then I might have been able to buy that (although that sounds an awful lot like a cop-out to me to excuse incredibly poor decision making). But I'm not willing to accept that retroactively, after four entire seasons. It's much simpler to believe that Celestia's dream about Tirek was the first time that had happened, and in all the earlier cases she just got incredibly lucky and succeeded in spite of herself.

My brother put it this way: Celestia is a lot like Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time. They seem to be nice, and the characters in the show think that they're nice, but I am not at all convinced that they actually are nice. I think they've lived for so long, and have had complete power over their subjects for such a long time, that they've grown cold and indifferent.

But that is just my opinion, and I understand you don't share it. I do understand where you are coming from, though, and I'm glad you took the time to explain. I'm just different, I guess. I just can't imagine treating my own children or nephews the way Celestia behaved, no matter what the future foretold.

6555819

I'm glad you replied. I've been wanting to have this discussion with someone who actually liked Celestia, but I never found anyone. My wife dislikes her as much as I do.

To say I like Celestia is a bit too much, rather I can say I understand her character. I personally like the more flamboyant type of characters such as Trixie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Though booksmarts characters such as Twilight are also appealing. :twilightsheepish:

If that's the truth then Celestia failed spectacularly. Since Celestia hid the truth, and entire festival called Nightmare Night sprung up, which depicted Luna as some kind of evil monster who eats ponies.

Correction it depicted Nightmare Moon as the monster not Luna. Also the entire incident at Nightmare night was also Luna's doing. I mean her entrance really screamed all evil overlord. Considering her past and well you know what happened.. :facehoof:

Back to Nightmare night it's a celebration about the Nightmare and not Luna. It would otherwise have been called Luna Night. So who knows how old this holiday is? It might even pre date the founding of Equestria itself. Kinda like Haloween at the USA? :ajsmug:

Shining Armor and Cadence did a great job of keeping Sombra out, but since there were just two of them things got a bit dicey at the end.

Correction only Cadance love shield was able to keep Sombra out. Shinning Armor himself said his magic was useless against Sombra. So it's safe to conclude that Neither Luna or Celestia would have been useful to keep Sombra out.

But I'm not willing to accept that retroactively, after four entire seasons. It's much simpler to believe that Celestia's dream about Tirek was the first time that had happened, and in all the earlier cases she just got incredibly lucky and succeeded in spite of herself.

Naw precious episodes already hinted in a very subtle way that Celestia had foresight. Also Luna kinda confirmed this was not the 1st time Celestia had them.

Certain scenarios could only make sense and happen if she had. Also let's not forget one important fact. She has been the sole ruler for over a thousand years. And so far by our knowledge Equestria had not had a major conflict after the Nightmare Moon Incident till her return. How can you possible keep a nation that long stable, peacefull and prosperous unless your ruler has an advantage she can exploit?

6555847

Correction it depicted Nightmare Moon as the monster not Luna. Also the entire incident at Nightmare night was also Luna's doing. I mean her entrance really screamed all evil overlord.

If you were the ruler of a country and you loved your sister, would you allow a national festival that depicted her as an evil cannibal? I would have put a stop to that long ago. In fact, I would have gone to great lengths to make sure everyone understood that I had failed my sister - that I had turned her into a monster by not caring about her and had been forced to banish her. I would have told everyone it wasn't her fault and asked them to be kind and understanding - that she wasn't bad at all, and just needed love and respect.

When she then returned and wanted to go to Nightmare Night, I would have gone with her. I would have explained to her how to not be terrifying, and that you didn't use the Royal Voice anymore. By accompanying her to Ponyville I could have reassured the citizens there that everything was fine, that there was nothing to be scared of, and that my sister was a friend, not a foe.

Celestia did none of those things. If it hadn't been for Twilight, Luna would have gone away deeply hurt.

As a fan I can accept "she did it because that's how the future had to be" maybe one time, at most. But not as a continued thing. If you want to have a good character then have her do good things; don't have her do evil things and use foresight as an excuse. If you want to have a wise character then have her make good decisions; don't have her do crazy things and use foresight as an excuse. It's incredibly unsatisfying and is very lazy writing, at best.

If I honestly believed that Celestia was deliberately making poor decisions time and time again because she had the gift of foresight and that's how things had to happen, then I don't think I'd watch the show anymore. I just can't take that. But that is just me.

A little bit surprised I guess that there wasn't really anything to be said about how plans changed so Trixie will be raising the Sun now instead of the Moon. Of course, I suppose if Celestia could transfer that power over to Trixie, then if Luna gives her power unto Twilight they could always swap roles in the future. Trixie does have a crescent moon as part of her Cutie Mark, after all. Given they're in Discord's good books they'll certainly be starting their reign off a little bit better.

A little thing I noticed it Trixie talking about becoming Equestria's queen, as opposed to their princess. Was that intentional?

6557022

Sorry for the delayed response! Yesterday was really busy. Let me see if I can get all caught up here.

Rainbow Dash goes from badmouthing Trixie to Trixie's face (without realising it was Trixie), then later on she defends Trixie...

I think this is a fair point. You could make a good case that what we're really seeing here is a severe distrust of Celestia instead of a deep regard for Trixie. (Rainbow certainly isn't very nice to Trixie.) Rainbow is the symptom that Celestia isn't trusted anymore.

I suppose she didn't realise the extent Equestrian popular opinion turned against her, and said it to somepony she thought would go along with it, but didn't.

Celestia has never faced any kind of genuine opposition before. For a thousand years she's been used to having everypony agree with her and just go along with whatever she wants. This is something new for her.

So did Twilight and Trixie switch forms?

Yes, they did. I tried to make it obvious. Trixie just isn't good at flying and doesn't have Twilight's magical abilities. Her ability to imitate Twilight for any extended period of time is pretty limited.

Poor Twilight though. She trusts her mentor...

She seems to be the only one who still trusts Celestia. Of course, Twilight was dead during the events of The Fall of Night, so she never saw Celestia at her worst. She remembered what Celestia used to be like, and that's what she based her trust on. Trixie tried to tell Twilight that she wasn't there when things got bad, but Twilight just didn't really believe her.

I wonder what havoc that's gonna do to Trixie's Cutie Mark, for that matter.

I almost changed Trixie's cutie mark, but then I remembered that when Twilight got Celestia's magic when Tirek invaded, her cutie mark didn't change. Since Twilight didn't change, I left Trixie alone as well. Trixie's special talent is still magic; she just has a lot more power to work with now.

...plans changed so Trixie will be raising the Sun now instead of the Moon...

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. Yes, Twilight was expecting to replace Celestia, and had slotted Trixie in Luna's role. Now, though, the future is uncertain. Since Celestia could raise the Sun as well as the Moon, it's possible Trixie could still take that role - or maybe not. Trixie has options now; it'll be up to her. She has a lot to learn, though, before she makes a decision. That's why I didn't go into any detail here; I thought that discussion wouldn't be held until the future, when Trixie had settled into her new life and had some time to talk it over with Twilight and Luna. It's not the sort of thing they needed to decide right then.

A little thing I noticed it Trixie talking about becoming Equestria's queen, as opposed to their princess. Was that intentional?

Yes, that absolutely was intentional. Trixie is still Trixie. She's not very humble, and things like absolute power and the loyalty of an entire country could easily go to her head. Trixie is being given more than she ever imagined; how wisely she will handle that position is an open question.

I really appreciate the comments. Makes me wish I had them when I was writing this, so I could have changed some things. You bring up some good points.

Thanks!

My judgement over this piece... would be harsh.
The whole thing with the five was quite interesting. The whole concept of reality being shattered! I simply loved the whole idea. Your version of Celestias past was really fun. Yet... Celestia felt so weird. I could only think she was either sick (so old she started having mental problems) or she got a parasite like the Nightmare. Having a good explanation over why celestia went "bad" would have been... good.

In Fall of night it actually makes lots of sense. I loved your corrupted celestia there. It was a condition already seen in the show and you used it quite perfectly. She is literally afflicted with something, and twilight's death, her beloved student was an explanation good enough of how the near-uncorruptible sun monarch actually could fall.

Here? Hrm... I don't know so much.

If anything, I like the part where she is with the keeper, the single discussion she has with him, how blinded she is to the point she is not able to see through the illusions. And how she realizes how evil she is being.

However that single moment doesn't make up for... well... all the weird stuff happening at the same time. Free teleports into the shadows realm. instant armies(let's remember, we're supposed to believe that in a matter of weeks RD put all the pegasi against Celestia!), weird loyalties and a free alicorn ascension with weird happy ending. Who would have thought that Twilight would forget about her old mentor so easily... And everything happens in just a day!

Not that any of said events would be implausible, but...

I could say a lot, and I would like to discuss, But I prefer to tell you to keep writing. You have interesting ideas and I don't want to risk demoralizing you. I tend to be a terrible critic, so I hope this doesn't strike so badly.

Ok, this story is pretty good but Celestia is way out of character I understand you don't like her. The Prequel to this, I would at lease understand why she acted that way because she is in grief, and makes you feel all kind of things. But is a bit too extreme in my option, I mean you already made her responsible of many things twisting the elements. Making everyone hate the last hope, putting salt in the wound, you just have make the Celestia is an evil Tyrant and Luna can do no wrong trope and turn it up to the extreme.

I don't mean to be mean, truly I don't but honestly this way too much.

6562459 well, that's part of the problem of releasing everything at once. I don't have an issue giving comments chapter by chapter, and while mine get pretty short for more popular stories, I'll be more indepth for things with little feedback. I'm an author too, I know how splendid it is to wake up overnight and see 7 new comments on a 7 chapter story :ajsmug:

More bizarre turns of events. Not only does giving up all her power like that make for a very out of character Celestia, Luna's words and actions don't make sense either. Being an alicorn is Celestia's birthright (although the exact nature of the action is unclear). Would Luna give up the moon or appreciate Celestia advocating that she lose it forever? Trixie is also being very trite and frivolous despite the implication that she ought to have matured a bit by now.

It would make more sense for Luna, presumably possessing some wisdom, to tell Trixie not to dwell on it for the moment (she now has a responsibility to the world). And also that she does not need to give it back, but that she will have to make that decision herself.

Also for all he instability, Celestia is presumably far more experienced in many things pertaining to daily ruling that Tricie is ignorant of...

I'll have to re-read from the beginning, but having Trixie be the element of magic and Twilight somehow still manage to be around and the 'Princess of Friendship' doesn't make a lot of sense and doesn't seem to contribute much to the story.

Heya ol' buddy ol' pal!

I saw you made a sequel to The Fall of Night, so...

Surprise!

Login or register to comment