• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 10,601 Views, 901 Comments

SPD Emergency - cyberlord4444



Meet Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, head of SPD, SPD Shadow Ranger, founder of the Equestrian Royal Guard, former human-wait, what were those last 2?

  • ...
29
 901
 10,601

PreviousChapters Next
Case 8: Taking Care of Buisness

Celestia sat in her private study. Here was where she preformed the day to day tasks to keep Canterlot running. Along with the throne room and Luna's study, it was one of the three most important rooms in Canterlot Castle. No-one entered it unless invited.

Celestia was beginning to regret who she just invited in.

"I cannot belive what you were thinking." Celestia winced, Cruger always had a way of making her feel like a child, even now. Right now he had his "intearagation face" on, neutral yet with eyes that looked into your soul. "Luna's actions I can understand, sanction even. Really, given the choice between attending the wedding of a niece that she barely knew or spending time with her son who's been in stasis longer than I have, I know what choice I would have made. But discounting the report of your own student, on a matter she's obviously well versed in, concerning a matter of potential national security, without even considering it possible, you young lady, dun goofed." While Celestia wanted to smile at his choice of words, Cruger's tone, coupled with the fact that he called her young lady, just caused her head to sink even lower. "Now," Cruger continued, "what is rule number one of leadership?"

Celestia looked up just long enough to reply, "anything and everything is possible."

Cruger nodded, "well, considering your mother and I pounded all those rules into your head since I put them together all those years ago I'm not surprised that you can't at least repeat them on command, but you need to understand them." Cruger sighed, "Luna was always better at following that particular rule, though she never could get the hang of 62, remember that one?"

"Don't make faces at the annoying petitioners until AFTER they leave the room," Cruger and Celestia said together. Celestia giggled, remembering some of the sillier, yet still useful, rules that they made.

"Glad to see you with a smile back on your face." Cruger had one on his face as well, "I'm sorry to have to do this kind of thing, but when someone makes a mistake of that magnitude, steps have to be made to prevent it from repeating, it's rule 7. The sad thing is that I heard it from Luna, who wasn't even there." Cruger pulled out a few pieces of paper from a satchel ad his side, "now I don't mean to sound like a snooty noble, but mind if we get to the primary reason I came here today."

Celestia looked at the various papers, they were deeds to a few properties, as well as a publishing house and a company that made carriages. While Cruger was first and foremost SPD, he also was a skilled businessman and inventor, and had a small fortune when he confronted Discord. "I'll ensure that all claims to your ownership are upheld. Anything else, old friend?"

Cruger grinned, "Well, there are currently 3 schools in Canterlot that claim to teach Silver Fang, and they're all trying to get my seal of approval. So they each chose a 'champion' for me to duel so I can see which one is 'worthy', wanna watch? I think Blueblood's one of my opponents."

Celestia smiled, "mind if I bring popcorn?"


"This is the mighty Cruger?"

Cruger frowned as the stallion, Blueblood if you were for some reason unable to guess, laughed at what appeared to a very stupid person as a non-threat. While Cruger was a bit on the thin side, he was more lithe than scrawny, plus not many thought that he could use magic when they first met him. In fact, even he wasn't aware that he could use magic until some time after his arrival. Combined, it didn't look like he could utilize Blueblood's variant of Silver Fang.

Cruger cracked his knuckles and drew his sword, "I guess we know who's going first then."

Blueblood snickered as he raised his broadsword and charged, he lasted 3 moves. Cruger used his sword to knock Blublood's out of his hand, slashed again to force him back a step, them hit him with a roundhouse kick to the chest, launching Blueblood out of the ring. As Blueblood lay on the ground, more out of shock than anything, Cruger sheathed his sword, "Here endith the lesson."

The other combatants looked on in wonder, while the school was mainly a cash grab using a modified Earth Pony style combining heavy blows with heavy flying slashes, Cruger managed to defeat a skilled practitioner without really trying.

"Poor nephew, do you require a healer?" Luna laughed while munching on a massive tub of popcorn. Both of the royal sisters were viewing from the bleachers, granting the entire proceedings an extra air of importance to the proceedings. All present were aware that if even one of the schools managed to impress him, Cruger would instruct it in the true Silver Fang style. However, if Blueblood's school was any indication, this would be a short session, and nopony would be granted the secrets.

Fancy Pants stepped up, "I beleve it is my turn." He stepped forward drawing an ornate raipier, while Blueblood's school was a farce that used high power strikes, Fancy Pants' used a bit more finnesse, and teleporting.

Cruger was assaulted from all sides as Fancy Pants rapidly teleported around him. While to a casual onlooker might be rooting for Fancy Pants, Cruger was able to block every attack half a second before Fancy finished teleporting. As Fancy ported behind Cruger for a finishing blow, Cruger hit him with a small blast of magic from his finger tips without looking.

Cruger blew an imaginary wisp of smoke from his fingers, "mediocre."

Luckily for Fancy Pants, the arena had a magical failsafe that teleported him out before he got hurt. There was only one candidate left, and no one thought that she would be able to do it.

"Well, it appears that it falls to me to show these brutes how it's done," Rarity said.

Sweetie Belle cheered from the bleachers, she was still grounded after the CMC's little incident, but she was allowed to come since Rarity didn't want to let her out of her sight.

As Rarity approached, Cruger noticed a few things that caused him to raise his guard a little. First, she was wielding a cutlass, an ornate cutlass but a cutlass all the same, not the sort of weapon one would assosiate with a mare of her sophistication. Second, her stance, unlike the other two, was that of a proffesional, side towards Cruger to minimize target, blade on shoulder to minimize fatigue, much like Cruger's own. Third, her right hand held a couple of small spherical gems.

When the bell rang, hit by Celestia of course, Rarity threw the gems at Cruger, giving them an addidtional boost with her magic. As Cruger blocked them, Rarity teleported behind him to strike. Cruger repeated the technique he used on Fancy Pants, but Rarity teleported away before it could connect. They continued like that for about a minite, Rarity alternating between using her gems, bolts of magic, and sneak attacks with Cruger countering them all. Finally, Cruger decided enough was enough and for the first time in the entire challenge, moved from his starting position.

As Rarity came out of a teleport, she found Cruger's blade at her throught. She knew she was beat, and yielded.

Cruger sheathed his sword, "there can be only one. And that one is your school."

Rarity gave a smile that would make Pinkie proud, "really? Thank you so much for this honor, you will not regret it."

As the crowd cheered, Cruger was approached by Sorrow Song. "Sir, you wanted to know when this came in," she said, handing Cruger a letter.


(Cruger's office)

Cruger smiled, today had been a productive day, he restored his ownership of his holdings, got some personal time with Tia and Lulu, and found a way to pass on his skills. He had to inspect the squads in half an hour, but he had more than enough time to write a very important letter.

Dear Rainbow Dash...

Author's Note:

Why is Cruger writing a letter to Rainbow Dash? How did Rarity learn to fight like that? How many rules of leadership are there? Find out next time on SPD Emergency.

Sorry for the delay, writers block.:ajsleepy: Anyway, two bits of important information. First, next chapter involves choosing which lucky OCs get to become Power Rangers. Anyone who does not have thier OC submitted by then will not be concidered. Reminder, position is patrol trooper.

Second, after each fight, I quoted a movie. The first to correctly identify all 3 will get a sneak preview of my next project. Just so everypony knows, it will be linked with this one. Good luck.

Serve. Protect. Defend. SPD.

PreviousChapters Next