• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 10,537 Views, 901 Comments

SPD Emergency - cyberlord4444



Meet Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, head of SPD, SPD Shadow Ranger, founder of the Equestrian Royal Guard, former human-wait, what were those last 2?

  • ...
30
 901
 10,537

PreviousChapters Next
Case 14: You Mean We Didn't Have Just The One?

(The day before Cruger's Vacation Ended-Simulator)

Program DSM-01 Complete sounded an automated voice as A-Squad left the chamber.

"Man, that was awesome," Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "I can't wait to do that for real."

"Now remember RD," replied Hammer Fist, "SPD rules of engagement state..."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just saying."

Before they could continue their friendly banter, alarms started blaring. The members of A-Squad rushed to the command center, ready for anything.

"Welcome Rangers," said Sorrow Song, who was in charge of operations while Cruger was away, "we have a situation."

"About an hour ago we received a call about a suspicious pony in downtown Manehatten, specifically the financial district," said Blue Rush, who had recently been promoted to head of dispatch. "As there was a pair of C-Squad agents in the vicinity, they were sent to investigate. Twenty minutes later, they reported nothing overly suspicious, however the suspicious pony was identified as an investment broker out for a stretch. However, five minutes ago, this appeared," he pulled up an image on the pedastal.

"Since then," continued Blue Rush, "it has been robbing banks by destroying the structure and sucking up the contents of the vaults using its turbine."

"Rangers," said Sorrow Song, "your assignment is to travel to Manehatten and stop this machine, by any means necessary."

"About time," said Night Stalker, "training was getting boring."

"No kidding," replied Rainbow Dash, "now what did Cruger recommend we say to help us get pumped up again? Oh yeah! It's Morphing Time!"

Once they had morphed, they entered a hatch that had opened in the wall. It led to a slide that deposited them into their Delta Runners. The side of the Delta Base opened up, allowing them to drive out. At the end of the slightly over-sized road was a metal arch, this was the Delta Gate, a device Cruger had designed to allow SPD to travel anywhere in Equestria in seconds. The Runners drove through the archway, which was generating a blue film of energy inside itself, and arrived in downtown Manehatten, where the machine was tearing into another bank.

Hammer Fist activated the loudspeakers on his Runner, "ATTENTION, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF SEVERAL FEDERAL LAWS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: DESTRUCTION OF PRIVATE PROPERTY, DESTRUCTION OF FEDERAL PROPERTY, AND THEFT IN EXCESS OF 50000 BITS, SURRENDER AND SHUT DOWN YOUR MACHINE!"

"Huh," Pearl Spark wondered aloud, "he's good at that."

"Not gonna happen," called a voice from the machine, "now get out of my way." The machine turned towards the runners and charged, apparantly with the intent to run them over.

"Right back at ya," said Night Stalker, as he activated his Runner's Turbine Gatling, firing a barrage of lasers from his Runners turbines.

"Count me in," said Evil Breaker as he deployed the Delta Blaster from the side of his Runner and started firing.

"Don't leave me out of this," said Rainbow Dash, "Evil Breaker, Hammer Fist, Patrol Saber protocol."

"You got it" they both said as a blade launched out of Delta Runner 3 and the loudspeakers launched off of Delta Runner 4. A pair of mechanical arms deployed from Delta Runner 1, caught them and combined them into a sword, which then attached to the right side of the Runner. Rainbow then brought it up on its left wheels, giving the sword a good angle to slash at the machine.

"I've had about enough of you," said the machine. Without warning, it started firing lasers. One of them hit one of Delta Runner 2's turbines, but it managed to keep flying.

"Are you guys done?" asked Pearl Spark, "because I thought somepony wanted to try out the Megazord in real life."

"Oh yeah," Rainbow said as she pushed a button on her dashboard, "initiate Delta Squad Megazord sequence."

"Roger," said the others as the pressed the same button on theirs.

"Now you're really gonna get it," said Rainbow Dash.

"Get this," the turbine on the machine reversed, sending a storm of rocks hurtling towards the Megazord.

"We have to take out that turbine," said Night Stalker.

"Let me try something," said Evil Breaker, as he pressed a button on his console. The middle barrel on the Delta Blaster shot out a stream of police tape, tangling up the turbine.

"No!" shouted the driver of the machine, "I just bought this thing."

"Time to finish this," said Rainbow Dash.

Just before the machine blew up, an escape pod managed to launch from it, landing a few meters away from the wreckage. The Rangers exited the Megazord and reached it before it opened, reveling a light blue unicorn stallion.

"Why you little," he raved, "everything was going so well until you showed up. Broodwing said I could rob Equestria blind with that thing, but just had to come in and screw it up."

"Who's Broodwing," Night Stalker demanded.

"I don't have to tell you nothing."

"Be that as it may," Rainbow interjected, drawing her morpher, "you are charged with destruction of property and theft, it's Judgement Time!"

As Rainbow picked up the card, Night Stalker couldn't help but wonder to himself, who was Broodwing?


In a dark chamber, somewhere, a thestral started pacing, "Well, that was a bust. So much for getting 30% of everything he stole. At least I still have the down payment."

"Relax Broodwing," said a cultured voice, "we may have lost out on some bits, but we've gained useful intel. Soon we will be able to put my plan into action."

"Very well," Broodwing said, "Emperor Grum."

In the shadows a pair of red eyes glowed.

Author's Note:

Just who is Emperor Grumm? How did Broodwing meet him? What is thier master plan? Find out next time on SPD Emergency.

Concerning the delay, a thousand pardons. First there was the holidays, which I decided not to write on. I had more important things to do, like stuffing myself on turducken. Then I got this half done, and was swamped with crossover request after crossover request. I just managed to get this chapter done. Two things before I go. First, I'm going to have to make some changes to the fanficception thing I'm working on, keep your eyes open for a blog explaining things. Second, stand by for a veritable flood of crossover chapters, I wasn't kidding when I was explaining why this took so long. Due to reasons, I'm still waiting on the go ahead to publish one of them, but I have one between this one and that one, which will contain a little apology present for making you wait. It should be up today, so keep our eyes open.

By the way, I've scoured YouTube, but I can't find a video of RIC's Canine Cannon. If one of you could find one, and send me a link, I will not only credit you, but if you submit an OC, I will give it a senior position, no questions asked.

PreviousChapters Next