• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 10,599 Views, 901 Comments

SPD Emergency - cyberlord4444



Meet Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, head of SPD, SPD Shadow Ranger, founder of the Equestrian Royal Guard, former human-wait, what were those last 2?

  • ...
29
 901
 10,599

PreviousChapters Next
Personnel File 20: Expanding Sky

“So a test of a new augmentation of the Ranger Suit?” asked Sora as she handed her badge to Midnight Steel, fellow therstal and smith.
“Well I’ve been trying to get a kink out where it locks up when in high heat levels.” explained the Ranger expert as she linked the badge with the lab terminal where the data for the alterations of the suit were implemented.
“That sounds a bit worse than just a simple Kink, what temperatures are we talking about here?” asked the test subject who was now afraid.
“Above 100 Degree Celsius… around there the systems starts overworking.” explained Midnight as she handed the badge back to Sora now that the data had been uploaded.
“Right… Test Dummy?”
“Test Dummy, then you get to sit in the heated room while fighting basic level test dummies.” smiled the R&D member
“When Gilgamesh is going to train me… he’s just going to have to blow on me to cause me to crumble.” deadpanned Sora as she walked into a test room and fixed her badge onto a holding port on a test dummy that was standing there, ready for the basic tests.

When Sora returned to the viewing room, Midnight activated the morpher’s ability remotely and the pair therstal watched as a suit appeared on the dummy. The suit was brown colored and lacked the number plus the black left part of the suit which the A Squad had. “Always feels kind of lacking with the number missing and that dull color as a base.”
“It’s basic, but yeah… I think you could make it a bit more colorful, I need to stand out a bit so that people can notice me when I do use it. I mean if I am using it, it means that there is a big emergency and it’ll be more about saving the ponies then taking down the bad guy, that’ll be Squad A job.” agreed Sora as she watched the test dummy demorph before morphing again, 100 times. While that was being done, she and Midnight checked their terminal about the information that the sensors within Test Dummy and the room said about the transformation and the suit.
“... Okay there doesn’t seem to be too much pressure, so that I won’t turn into bloody pulp.” muttered Sora as she headed back into the testing room and took her badge from the test dummy, and wheeled it out of the room.
"Oh yeah... and then we'll see you in the sick bay cryin' to yer mum that ya got pummeled by a beastie you couldn't handle." Midnight snarked, not interested in seeing another teammate in a full body cast. "Welp, now that we've got the preliminaries done let's get you stress testin' this bad boy. Strut your stuff like a peacock." The thestral chuckled as she took out a small tablet-like device and began doing some busy work on another design while she waited.
“Right, as if I really have much to actually strut.” responded Sora as she reentered the test room, standing in the middle of the room before hearing a buzzer going off signaling she could start.

Sora changed the mode of her badge to morph, before with her right throwing it up in the air, “SPD Emergency.” She then caught it with her left hand and pressed the top button which forced the badge open then Sora called in synch with the device, “It’s morphing time.”
She then closed her badge as a silver belt constructed on her waist and slid the device in place in the belt buckle before her whole body shined white constructing partially the suit that had appeared on the test dumy, before shimmering once more and going into another alternation. The brown shifted to a deep purple as a black zero with a white inside appeared on the chest area before segmenting the suit with lines of silver separating her stomach level and chest as a device manifested on the back which looked like a pair of small air tanks with between them a metal panel where ruby shimmered with magical heat and fire. Slime Silver gauntlets appeared on the suits hands [while a pair of bat-winged shoulder pads appeared on the shoulders. A Silver line went down each legging before forming together to a pair of metal shoes. Finally the helmet appeared looking simple and a recolor of the normal suit before the sides altered to look more like bat ears.
“Midnight… Why am I?”
"You got a problem with the theme? Cuz' I can dress ya up ta look like a ballerina if you'd prefer. I edit these suits in real-time ya know." Midnight answered with a look that dared the other thestral to say something.
“Fine…” muttered Sora even if she was smiling underneath the helmet she was wearing, she cut down slanted with right hand while taking a step forward with her right foot as she shouting out, “SPD Violet Echo Trooper!” she then cut right horizontally with her right hand and stepped forward her left foot before sticking out her left arm horizontally while her right hanged a bit away from her hip, “Echoing hope and despair, Judgement has Come!” her helmet's sirens blared as behind her a purple explosion went off.
“That was awesome! I’m glad I was recordin’ that!” Midnight squealed a little as she tapped the screen on the tablet she was using.
“Midnight…” whined Sora before laughing it out, then checked the whole suit, “You’ll need to add a silver line from the zero to the neck area, the silver neck area is kinda odd without any origination point.”
“Noted.” said the Suit expert as she put a few more notes on the tablet, “The Steam system is fully complete, just hope that the suit doesn’t lock up while you’re bein’ a showoff.”
“You’d just make a heatsink or venting system than, but that doesn't help if the whole things lock up when doing a maneuver… I see where you're coming from.” expressed Sora before holding her right hand out and tried to use the steam system. A whole five minutes passed before super heated steam came out of left elbow, experimenting a whole 30 minutes before she had finally some semblance of control, but the suit did seem to be getting quite warm.
“Anything to note before we actually get this thing tested in combat?” asked Sora as she gave a few jabs and did a flip before stretching a bit.
“The Zero Echo Trooper Suit or ZETS for short disallows the ability to use one's wings if the wearer has them, beyond that the extra weight and extra armor has been included but were a traded in for a bit a strength and quite a bit of speed. Pretty much you're protected better or ya fly better... not both so be careful which ya choose ta use. Get hit hard enough between yer wings and ya become little more than deadweight." informed Midnight.
“So it’s sadly just simply weaker than the normal suits, still the change to allow higher amount of heat tolerance should be sufficient of a mission.” replied Sora with a bit of sadness in her voice, it was her partial design so hearing that it was obsolete struck a chord for the tinker.
“The design is fine, now let’s start the test, shall we?” asked Midnight, Sora could tell that the mare was really anxious to see if the suit functioned as she wanted.
“Well then! Echo out my burning soul!” called out Sora as the heat of room increased and what she understood as a hard light hologram appeared as grey pony shaped being.
Sora let out roar as she dashed forward and forced steam to come out from the bottom of her back to give herself an increase of speed that without the system wasn’t possible with this weight.
“She looks like she’s having quite a bit of fun.” said Midnight chuckling as she watched the fight before her and then at the data she was getting.


“Tomorrow a day of pain, last minute training should be fine to get myself ready for whatever lies ahead.” said Sora as she took off her goggles and belt and placed them in her locker before taking water bottle and heading into the Training Room.
The therstal’s eye then fell upon the indicator for one of the rooms being in use, “Maybe I can challenge someone, I do hope it’s someone I can take on. Last time I tried with Hammer Fist and all I felt was pain with him plus no lesson for either of us, well beyond I need to become stronger.” with that she headed towards the occupied room and looked at whoever it was doing whatever challenge.
What she didn’t expect to see was a small city environment, obscuring any sight of who or what the trial was for now, she used the terminal to locate the user and found the Earth Pony Dusk Roze in a room with a group of white hooded ponies who she was fighting against. The Program was called “Ending the Creed.”.
“A trial against assassins, now this should honestly be entertaining to look at.” stated Sora before thinking, nodding and flaring her wings before flying into the arena towards where she knew where the fight was happening.
“ Zero assassins remaining, Winner Dusk Roze. Time: 00:32:42” the time surprised Sora as she thought no-one would really be able to take so short to take out enemies which were that hard to track or find.
The landscape started to deconstruct itself before Sora could get to the point where the fight had happened, though she landed before everything was a white room again, “Geez, that was quite a speed. Got lucky and hit a highscore?” Sora questioned the younger mare that stood a small distance from Sora’s landing point.
“Huh?” Dusk asked, blinking owlishly at the unexpected newcomer. “W-who are you? And when did you get here?” She asked sheepishly.
Sora placed a hand against her forehead and with a really fake sadness in her voice she called out, “I can’t believe a fellow B Squad member can’t remember a colleague she’s only met once before! Am I cursed to being forgotten forever.” Sora chuckled before shaking her head and placing her hand back to her side, “I’m Sky Gear or Sora, we met each other before and I honestly just got here a few minutes ago, saw you were in and thought you might want some company while training, we do go out in teams you know.”
“Oh, um, uh…” Dusk stammered, nervously rubbing the back of her head. “Sorry, I’m Dusk Roze. And sorry about that, I was a little preoccupied during whenever we probably met. So what's this about wanting to train together?”
“You were talking to my cousin, Steam Gear in R&D when we met. And if I heard correctly, among the few of B Squad who actually got a morpher.”
“Oh, that thing I requested from R&D? Yeah, it's more to help me whenever I eventually get called into the field. I’m a bit self conscious about being seen… Why am I admitting to all this?” Dusk said with a confused expression.
“You do know that Kruger doesn't really like anyone beyond A squad using the morpher, we need to do quite a bit of paperwork if we ever want to use the morpher. That being said, you haven’t been on patrol yet?” questioned Sora wondering why the new blood hasn’t had some time to see what they do on the field.
“Not really, I haven't really done much except keep in shape since I got here…” Dusk said, trying to be a little more carefull with her words as to not accidentally let anything slip.
“Lucky, I get to learn how tarmac tastes about 4 times a week,” complains Sora with a sigh before tossing Dusk the water bottle she had grabbed in the Locker room, “You’ve atleast learned the protocols and how to apprehend the criminals if you ever do go on field… right?”
Dusk caught the water bottle, staring at it like it was an alien object before realizing she was asked a question. “Protocols? Which protocols? Wait, were they in that folder we were given during tryouts?” She asked, tilting her head to the side as she simply held the water bottle.
“Well okay first of, you twist the cap off of the bottle and then drink the water within that’s within it to hydrate yourself so you sweat more, or atleast that’s the reason which was given by about every medical personnel that I know.” Sora thought to herself for a moment before continuing to talk “And secondly, no. It’s among the many programs which you can train here in the training room, though the folder did say that you should try it out. So seeing as you haven’t read it, otherwise I don’t see the point for you having brought it up, I see why you haven’t done it yet, that being said there is also quite a few rules you’ve got to learn when dealing with cities that you should also review. You’ve got quite a task ahead yourself youngster.”
Dusk just stared at Sora, her rant having flown completely over her head. “You lost me there.” She said, handing back the bottle of water since she wasn't thirsty.
Sora just shook her head before accepting the bottle and looking down at street clothing for somewhere to put it, sadly there wasn’t, “Okay, there is a program in this room which has you take down someone and then capture them in a card, beyond that there are special rules you must follow in each city which you must follow else there would be grand amounts of paperwork on both side. Those rules should be studied at the office space.” Sora looked Dusk up and down, “Bit of a slow one aren’t you.”
“H-hey! I’m not slow! I’m just… Gah!” Dusk shouted, her face turning a shade of pink out of embarrassment. “Why didn't mom and dad ever prepare me for these sorts of things? I’m sure they could have afforded private tutors for this sort of thing...” She grumbled to herself.
“Ah a rich sort… sorry if I don’t have any sympathy for you from this junkyard dweller.” stated Sora knowing her own bias against the rich.
“Hey! Just because I’m not very good at paperwork, or cooking, or, or… GAH!” Dusk shouted again, dragging her hands down her muzzle. “Nevermind, I don't care anymore. After all, I bet you haven't had to fend off assassins and kidnappers targeting you before!” She then said, puffing out her chest in challenge.
“And you’ve become pretty much an anti-Assassin type, well when that was happening I was being thrown through the ranks as a royal guard at Canterlot, learning how to do guard stuff while also engineering and blacksmithing… okay yeah you’ve got the one up on me there.” said Sora nodding to herself, not very put off about losing said challenge.
Dusk glared at Sora before sighing. “Why is it that no matter how hard I try I cant be useful without jeopardising myself?” She wondered before walking towards the exit. “Whatever, the training room is yours now.”
Sora hummed for a moment, “That’s no fun… how about we do something together, System start now, Escalation Maximum.”
The room shook before the area where the two were morphed into a grand volcano that was erupting, with ruins everywhere alongside the mountain. The drops and levels of elevation was different, but some looked really perilous, not to mention the molten piece of rock that was constantly falling down from the sky and striking piece of the active volcano, “Now this is some fun.” stated Sora with a laugh before heading down a bit of the mountain but not actually going far from the start to wait for Dusk before talking a bit more to herself, “Let’s see how this amount of pressure affect this, little green horn.”
“Whats going on…?” Dusk asked, having paused and turned back to look and see what was going on before she reached the door, resulting in her being teleported to the starting point where Sora had been.
“You don’t know?” questioned a jogging in place Sora, stopping to look as Dusk was pulled in, “This is Maximum Escalation.” Sora jumped to the side as a partially melting rock slammed into the place where she was before she jumped, “A get the heck out of dodge before the whole thing explodes simulations, personal favorite of mine.” Sora then grabbed Dusk’s hand and dragged her away from the spot and down wards to the base, A large lava dragon came out of the volcano and bit off the ground where Dusk had been standing, “This honestly is among my favorites of the “Escape” style trainings!” Sora had a spark in her eyes as the two headed down before swerving to stop a boulder from smashing them into paste.
“WHAT!?” Dusk shouted as she started running by herself, having pulled her hand free of Sora’s grip. She then started running ahead of Sora as a lava geyser went off right behind her.
“Geez, no respect for the chaotic side of things.” Sora shook her head before going into a full dash to catch up to Dusk while dodging obstacles that appear before her, she then quickly grabbed Dusk’s hand before they came to a part which looked like just another simple slope but was instead a dive right into a ravine with a suddenly higher other side. Sora opened her wings and with one flap got both them across, “Odd I thought you would a bit more calmer than this, guess you don’t have that zen mood like this, pity.” Sora let go of Dusk’s hand and shook her head as she started down the mountain again.
“Well, I wasn't expecting to be running for my life today, sorry!” Dusk shot back, diving out of the way as volcanic rocks shot out of the ground where she would have been standing had she not jumped to the side.
“Your a Trooper of the SPD, be ready for the unknown at any moment.” said Sora as she stopped for a moment before running to the side as large wall of extremely warm steam erupted from the ground a few moment later, “You are now in service of the ponies and other beings of Equestria, this one and sometimes other ones. I know you are a lot stronger than you seem, I do wonder how you will grow.” all the while Sora talked she had a calm visage on her face, not scared at all about the situation around her.
Dusk simply grumbled in response as she finally started to get serious, dodging and maneuvering through the terrain like a professional freerunner and even jumping through a small area where the steam wall didn’t protrude as she started to gain ground on Sora.
“Seems like you're getting serious, but you’ve got keep your emotions there, just tossing them aside isn’t any good.” stated Sora as she stopped in place before being forced upwards by the rock she was on being forced up, before jumping off of it and landing on a higher edge that would’ve required a moment longer to climb, “Hope you can keep it up without tiring out!”
Dusk merely snorted in response before she jumped up and kicked off the wall before kicking off the piece of rock that had launched Sora into the air and landing next to her, she then broke into a full tilt sprint down the hill.
Sora dashed after the mare, but not going full tilt, before feeling a shifting in the ground. Stopping and touching the ground to feel the shifts, she then locates a nearby piece of broken wall and held on as the whole mountain started to rotate quite fast, “I hate when they include this…”
Much to Sora’s surprise, Dusk was still running down the hill, almost as if the shifting ground wasn't affecting her, though the wind it was generating was certainly affecting her hair.
“Luck- Moon damn it.” Sora couldn’t move without flying, which she wouldn’t want to do since this was a running trial this time around. As such she couldn’t actually easily dodge the large boulder of volcanic rock that was falling from the sky and would crush her and the wall she was hurdling against to wait out the twisting of the mountain.
Hoping she didn’t sense this too late, Sora jumped out of her cover, but she was a partially too late and the boulder and wall fell down and destroyed her legs. Getting the sense of being legless made the therstal bite her teeth together in pain before crawling away.
“Crud… this area.” Sora started as she noticed a certain landmark, the ground beneath her crumbled showing a lake of lava, she hopped and flapped her wings once to get to the next falling segment of ground before the next jump resulted her slamming head first into another piece of ground, falling down with the segments of ground towards the lava pool.
Dusk suddenly appeared in front of Sora and grabbed her hand, pulling the thestral to safety before starting to carry her down the mountain as she continued to run.
“Next ledge there will be a giant tail of the dragon that’s in the volcano, beyond that it just a run towards the exit.” Sora sounds partially in pain and partially upset.
Dusk nodded as she powered on, her eyes feintly glowing as she used Sora’s tip to maneuver through what was left of the course.
The pair got to the end which was sounded a buzzer going off and the volcano started to deconstruct itself, “Goal reached, Dusk Roze 00:15:10 Sky Gear Did Not Finish”
“Another DNF, just my luck.” said Sora now standing on her power, “Guess I’m not talented, like I keep on reminding myself.”
“Next time, pay less attention to where you are, and more attention to where you're going.” Dusk said, a sly smile on her face.
“Sadly I can’t do much without my legs, they weren’t there when you were carrying me. System… progress of Sky Gear on Maximum Escalation.”
“Fastest time 00:24;19. Completed 14 times and Did not finish 48 times.”
“New record, joy of joys.” commented Sora shaking her head.
“Just think about what I said, and maybe you won't lose your legs again.” Dusk said as she left the training room before going down the hall.
“Now was that her, or was that another her in the spectrum.” wondered Sora before pulling down her pants a bit to look at her cutiemarkless behind, “Still nothing.” she then pulled up her pants and undid the cap of the water bottle that was still in her hand as it was from the beginning. “Well one thing for sure, I suck.” she then took a swing of water, “And the water is warm, great.”

PreviousChapters Next