• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 10,600 Views, 901 Comments

SPD Emergency - cyberlord4444



Meet Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, head of SPD, SPD Shadow Ranger, founder of the Equestrian Royal Guard, former human-wait, what were those last 2?

  • ...
29
 901
 10,600

PreviousChapters Next
Case 17: Ranger, Meet Rider, Part 1

It was a peaceful, some would say beautiful day in Ponyville, at least during the morning. Once 1:00 PM rolled around, a portal opened up out of nowhere and launched a figure into he local flower shop. He was dressed in a black suit with colorful armor, a red helmet, yellow arm pieces, and green leg pieces. On his chest was a circular emblem consisting of a red hawk, a yellow lion, and a green grasshopper. Any fan of Japanese live action superhero shows would recognize him as Kamen Rider OOO, although he prefered to be called Katsuo by his friends.
[POV Change]

Katsuo groaned as he pulled himself up, using the remains of whatever he had smashed into to pull himself up.

“Damn it. You’re not getting rid of me that easy,” he growled as shook the stars from his vision. He then noticed three familiar ponies looking at him, all completely terrified and shivering in fear. He then took a closer look at what he fell on, seeing it to be their flower stand. “Oh, um. I'm so-”

“MONSTER!” one of them screamed before all three sprinted off.

“THE HORROR! THE HORROR!” another screamed as they fled.

“‘Monster?’ I thought they would've been used to me by now,” he muttered. Then something hit him. “Wait, if this is Ponyville, then why isn't it all messed up?”

Before he could continue trying to figure things out, he heard a familiar voice, “Hey, what’s the big idea?”

“Huh?” Katsuo turned to see Rainbow Dash glaring at him. “Rainbow! You're ok! Wait, what are you wearing?”

“My uniform,” she replied, “now, I’ve never met you before, I think you’re some kind of spy, I’m gonna bring you in.”

“Um, Dash,” said an Earth Pony he didn’t recognize wearing a similar uniform, “I don’t think we can arrest anypony for just acting suspicious, even if they are weird looking.”

“He broke the flower shop,” Rainbow replied, “we can bring him in for destruction of private property, then grill’im. Now, hands behind your back.” Rainbow brought out a pair of handcuffs.

“‘B-Bring him in?’” Katsuo stuttered. “R-Rainbow it's me, Katsuo! You know, ‘Short Stack?’ You and I practice when Applejack is done working me to the bone!” He reached behind and and pulled out Medalijibur. “Remember? You keep asking me to use this in our-”

“He’s armed!” shouted a Thestral in yet another similar uniform.

“That’s it, Morpin’ Time,” shouted Rainbow. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small device, “you guys ready?”

“Ready,” replied the Thestral and Earth Pony, as well as a Crystal Unicorn and a regular Unicorn, as they all pulled out similar devices.

As one, they all held out their devices and shouted, “SPD, Emergency!” They pushed a button on the top, causing a panel on the front to flip open. With a flash of light, they had donned futuristic looking suits.

“Last chance,” Rainbow said while pulling out a pair of blasters, “surrender and put your hands behind your back.”

“Wh-what the-!? Ranger morphs!? What!?” Katsuo spluttered, still trying to process what he was seeing.

“We warned you, Rangers, take him down!” As Rainbow finished talking, she opened fire as the others moved around him to surround him, the Thestral even took to the air above him.

Katsuo crouched down and launched himself onto a rooftop and away from the blasts using the Batta legs. “Damn it. I don’t know what’s going on,” he began before turning the OOO Driver straight and pulling out the three medals. “But if I have to beat you up to get you to listen,” he continued as he grabbed the needed core medals from his leg holsters and placing them in the proper slots. “Then that's what I'll do!” He shouted as he turned the belt buckle and ran the disc along it.

KUWAGATA! GORILLA! CHEETAH!

Katsuo’s armor changed to match the combo before he slammed both his fists together, causing a loud bang to ring out. “Sorry about this. I’ll try to take you down as quickly and painlessly as I can.”

“Likewise,” said a voice behind him. Before he could turn around, he was kicked off the roof by the Thestral. Before he hit the ground, the Earth Pony hit him with an uppercut to the jaw.

Katsuo landed hard on his back and groaned. “OK, maybe I shouldn’t have been talking,” he muttered. He quickly got up and sprinted at the Earth Pony, punching him square in the chest faster than he could blink and sending him flying backwards. The then quickly turned and fired off his fists which struck the two still surprised unicorns. He then drew Medalijibur and raced at Rainbow, trying to cut her along the chest, but she flew up to avoid him. He followed up by firing lightning bolts from his head at both her and the thestral, but both barely managed to dodge.

“I’M SORRY!” he called as he kept firing at them, racing around to try and catch them off guard and at different angles.

As he was chasing them, he was unprepared as the unicorn in pink shot him in the back. As he turned around, Rainbow used the opportunity to deliver a storm of energy bolts from above. While he was attempting to block that, the other Rangers surrounded him and started shooting him from every angle.

Katsuo panted as he fell to his hands and knees. “Ok. Different tactic,” he wheezed. He then sprinted away, dodging blasts and hiding behind a building before switching out his medals again.

PTERA! KUJAKU! TYRANO!

Wings sprouted from his back and took to the skies before turning to face his opponents, shooting blasts of fire from his arm. Some of them retaliated with shots from their blasters or blasts of magic, which he either dodged or blocked with his shield. Rainbow and the thestral flew at him dodging his blasts, but when they got close he activated the Tyrano tail, the extra appendage sprouting from his waist. He spun and smacked Rainbow aside before running his clawed feet along the thestral’s chest, then grabbing him by the neck and diving down before slamming him into the ground.

Before he could celebrate his partial victory, a robotic dog jumped on top of him. Before he could throw it off, it jumped off on its own towards Rainbow Dash, who was holding a metallic bone-like object.

“Time for you to go down, RIC, fetch.” She threw the bone in the air, the dog-bot jumping after it. As it caught it in its mouth, it transformed into a dual barreled cannon, that was caught by the Rangers.

“Oh crap!” Katsuo shouted. He quickly opened the Taja Spinner, pulling out three of the Cell Medals and replacing them with the three Core Medals in his belt before closing it up. He then pulled out the lever at the bottom before quickly bring the scanning disc to it.

PTERA! KUJAKU! TYRANO! GI-GI-GI GIGA SCAN!

“Canine Cannon!” Rainbow shouted as she pulled the trigger, a massive bolt of energy erupting from the barrels.

“SEIYA!” Katsuo shouted, firing off a spinning wheel of energy as he punched forwards.

The two attacks collided in between them, resulting in a massive explosion. The force of it blasted Katsuo back several meters, but since the Rangers were braced for it, the shock wave did little more than buffet them.

“Had enough,” Rainbow shouted, “or do I have to bust out the Rainboom?”

Katsuo groaned as he pushed himself up. “Ok... Five against one... Not good odds.” He shook his head, stumbling a bit as he attempted to not fall over, reaching for a new set of medals and replacing them almost subconsciously. “But, I’d never forgive myself… If I just gave up…”

He placed the medals in the slots before running the scanner along the belt. His eyes widened in fear as he heard the jingle.

COBURA! KAME! WANI!

“Wait! NOT THAT ONE!” he shouted, reaching for the belt, but it was too late. A loud hiss came from the belt as it finished its display.

Burakaaaaawani!

Suddenly Katsuo stood up straight, without any signs of fatigue. The purple lenses on his helmet flashed orange for a moment, a loud hiss accompanying it. After that he quietly took a ready stance, waiting for the rangers to make the next move.

“So, want some more?” Rainbow asked, “fine by me. Fire two, Canine Cannon!”

As the bolt of energy approached Katsuo, he brought his forearms together. His gauntlets flashed and an orange barrier appeared in front of him. Though he was pushed back somewhat, the blast of energy otherwise had no effect.

“Huh?” Before Rainbow could fire a third time, Katsuo charged. Rainbow fired again, but Katsuo actually managed to push forwards against it this time. After it ended he dropped the barrier and punched Rainbow in the face, managing to make let go of the cannon. He quickly followed up with a spinning kick to the face which, right before contact, produced and ethereal orange alligator head that clamped its jaws down on Rainbow’s head before disappearing, causing her to shout in pain as she stumbled back. The others quickly fired at him with magic or their blasters, but he expertly used his gauntlets to deflect them as he charged the Earth Pony.

He attempted slam both his fist on Katsuo’s head, but his gauntlets easily repelled the hit, causing the Ranger to stumble back. Katsuo capitalized on this and struck with another alligator kick, causing him to fly backwards. The two unicorns unloaded on him with magic blasts, only for all of them to be deflected. Katsuo then swung his arms in several fluid motions and a moments later a king cobra rose from the back of his head. The two looked stunned, providing a chance for it to strike, knocking them to the ground with its strikes. The thestral tried to attack from behind, but the Cobra knocked him out of the air before wrapping around him. It quickly raced around and wrapped up the other Rangers before slamming them into the ground in a group.

Katsuo then grabbed his scanning disc and ran it along his belt.

SCANNING CHARGE! *Hissssss*

Three rings of orange appeared, all pointed at the rangers who struggled to recover, before Katsuo ran forwards and then dropped for a sliding kick. As if moved by an unseen force he slid along the ground, weaving through the rings, before leaping up and hitting them with a more powerful alligator kick. The explosion of force sent all the Rangers flying, their morphers deactivating as the flew through the air.

“No… No way…” Rainbow groaned as she struggled to stand up. She saw Katsuo turn to her, watching in fear as he once again brought the scanning disc to his belt.

SCANNING CHARGE! *Hisssss*

The rings appeared again and Katsuo ran forwards. Before he could continue, he was hit by several bolts of energy.

Katsuo looked to see another Ranger riding in on an ATV.

“Commander Cruger,” moaned Rainbow Dash, “sorry, we tried.”

“You did as well as could be expected, now,” Cruger turned towards Katsuo, “I’m Cruger, the local Displaced, and who might you be?”

Katsuo didn’t reply, only taking a battle stance in response.

“Well, looks like somebody’s gone berserker.“

Katsuo once again made fluid motions with his arms, summoning the cobra from his hood, which hissed at it wriggled back and forth, looking for the perfect moment to strike.

“Well, looks like the perfect time to try this out,” Cruger pulled out his morpher, “Pursuit Mode!” A small portal opened on the front of the morpher, expelling a toy sized car that looked like a cross between a police car and a Lamborghini. The buckle on Cruger’s belt split open to hold the morpher as a strange looking bracer appeared on his wrist. Cruger grabbed the car and flipped the back section around, then inserted it into the bracer. “As you Kamen Riders say, Henshin!” Cruger pumped car up and down once, as a voice sounded, Type: Pursuit.

A ring of energy surrounded Cruger, before splitting in two and depositing various new pieces of armor. The armor appeared as if it was made out of pieces of a police car, it even had a set of lights for shoulder pads. The rings then rejoined over his head and turned into a metallic tire, which then attached itself to his back.

Katsuo stepped back a bit, seeming to sense this was a much more powerful opponent. The cobra took a quick bite at Cruger to test his response. Cruger grabbed it out of the air, and then use it to throw Katsuo over his shoulder.

“This is for your own good,” Cruger said, “you need to calm down before you hurt any civilians, or yourself.”

Katsuo quickly flipped to his feet before drawing his sword, holding defensively out in front of him, slowly and cautiously circling Cruger.

“Look, I’m sorry that my team attacked you, but you need to calm down and disengage your Henshin,” Cruger said as he followed him with his head.

Katsuo stopped and reached for his Cell Medals, placing three in the slot of Medalijibur in a slow and methodical manner, almost as though it was instinct instead of conscious decision.

“If that’s how it’s going to be,” Cruger pressed the button on his morpher, “so be it,” he pressed the button on his bracer. The voice sounded, “Hissatsu!”

Katsuo reached for his scanning disc, but stopped. He held still for a moment before slowly lowering his weapon.

“Very good,” Cruger replied, “now, remove your Core Medals so we can talk about this like civilised Displaced.”

Katsuo shifted his driver and disengaged his Rider form. Not a moment later, he fell flat on his face, completely unconscious.

“Huh, good,” Cruger said as he removed his Morpher and Shift Car, demorphing, “now let’s get ya to medical.”


Katsuo woke with a throbbing headache, closing his eyes against the light that, to him felt like looking straight at the sun.

“Ugh… what happened?” he asked aloud.

“You should really be more careful with that thing,” said a voice, “it seems to have some nasty side effects.”

Katsuo looked to see Cruger unmorphed, “how ya feeling?”

Katsuo just stared for several seconds. “I would say Diamond Dog, but I was told they were filthy. Also, that sounds kind of racist. Or, whatever “-ist” is the word for a species.”

“Well, looks like we’re gonna get along just fine then, I hate being called a Diamond Dog.” He held out his hand, “Anubis Cruger, but you can just call me Cruger.”

“Katsuo Pollux,” he replied shaking his hand. “So what hap-? … Oh wait, now I remember. I did a full combo, didn’t I?”

“Yeah, Cobra, Turtle, Crocodile to use the English terms, and based on the footage it looked like you knew that it would happen.”

“Sort of. I guessed since I wasn’t empty of desire it might have an effect on me, unlike Eiji, that it might make me go berserk.” Katsuo’s eye’s widened with fear and realization. “Oh god, what did I do?”

“Smack around my Rangers and do some property damage, you’re lucky I showed up when I did,” Cruger sighed, “could’ve been a lot worse.”

“So… I didn’t kill anyone? Or hurt any of the townsponies?”

“Nope.”

“OH, THANK GOD!”

“Glad you’re feeling better, now,” Cruger parted the privacy curtain, revealing a bruised but okay Rainbow Dash, “I believe you have something to say?”

“Fine,” said Rainbow Dash, “sorry I called you a spy.”

Katsuo just chuckled. “Heh. No problem. You kinda did that to me to first time we… wait no, no that doesn’t make sense. Why are you a Ranger?” he then turned to Cruger. “And why have I never heard of you before? And why isn’t Ponyville all messed up from chaos magic?”

“Well, this is new, usually first timers are the home team,” Cruger said, “tell me Katsuo, have you ever heard of something called, the Displaced?”

Katsuo shook his head.

“Well anyway, you were at a convention dressed up as a fictional character, bought something from a shady merchant that your costume was missing, and was sent to an Equestria before you could blink with the abilities of said character, am I right or did something slightly different happen?”

“Well, pretty close. I was dressed up like Eiji and I came across a Kamen Rider Joker tending a stand with a crap ton of Kamen Rider stuff. I bought a ton of it from him, all my money actually. Then all of a sudden he offered to cure me of my ailment and changed into Kamen Rider Kabuto. Then he became Decade and said I was chosen to be a Kamen Rider. I… I kinda shook his hand without really thinking and then he changed into some creepy looking shadow… thing with glowing red eyes and a creepy smile. Then I… um… accidentally got sent to the moon with Nightmare Moon… and am kind of responsible for Greeeds appearing in my Equestria…” he finished, looking both ashamed and embarrassed at those last two.

“Yeesh, talk about an oopsie,” Cruger replied, “so, I assume that Discord broke free just before you arrived?”

“Yeah, that’s…” he began only for realization to dawn on him again. He then reached up and grabbed Cruger by his suit. “YOU’VE GOT TO SEND ME BACK! I HAVE TO STOP DISCORD! I’M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN!”

“You’d be surprised, tell me, do the girls have the Elements?” Cruger asked.

“YES, BUT IT DIDN’T MATTER! RAINBOW DASH RAN OFF! EVERYONE BUT TWILIGHT GOT HYPNOTIZED! TWILIGHT, OH GOD TWILIGHT SHE JUST GAVE UP! I COULDN’T FIND CELESTIA AND I WAS THE ONLY ONE LEFT! PLEASE, IF I DON’T GO BACK SOON, HE’LL-!”

“Hold it there buddy,” Cruger interjected, “we’ll go back right now. 5 bits says Twilight either already got things under control, or is well on her way. Now, just need to lock onto your Dimensional vector and,” Cruger opened a portal, “voila.”

Katsuo practically leaped into the portal, a look a pure desperation on his face.

“Someone’s a bit hasty,” Cruger said as he followed. They arrived just in time to see Katsuo’s Mane 6 blast Discord with a fully functioning Elements of Harmony, “I believe you owe me five bits.”

Katsuo merely replied with a quick “I agreed to nothing,” before springing towards the girls and Spike, calling out to them and practically tackling them to the ground.

“Oof! Watch it, Short Stack!” Rainbow Dash said as she struggled to pull him off.

“Oh thank God, you’re all back to normal!”

“Yup! No more greys here!” Pinkie added happily.

“What did I tell ya? I told ya that they’d pull through,” said Cruger.

“What the-? Who in the hay is this feller?” Applejack asked, looking completely stunned.

“Goodness! This is the first time I’ve seen a Diamond Dog who actually knew who to take care of his appearance! And he’s done quite the fantastic job as well,” Rarity commented.

Cruger frowned, “I know we haven’t met before, but not only am I not a Diamond Dog, but I dislike being called one, why does that happen every damn time, thank you for the compliment though, name’s Cruger.”

Before Rarity could even properly apologize Twilight sprung up, producing a quill and a notepad. “A new species!? Please, tell me about yourself! What kind of food do you eat? What sort of habitat do you find ideal? Are there more like you? What’s your governmental system-?”

“Twilight!” Spike shouted, cutting her off.

“Oh, um… sorry,” Twilight said sheepishly.

“Not a problem, I can answer whether not there are more of me, the answer is yes,” Cruger pointed at Katsuo, “there’s one.”

“Huh?” the seven replied.

“I’ll explain on the way to Sugarcube Corner, you girls beat Discord, that calls for a celebration, I’m thinking cookies.”

“But we need to inform Princess Celestia!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Done,” Spike said simply before burning a scroll and sending it away.

“And I’ll get on those cookies!” Pinkie added.

“See Twilight, we have time,” Cruger said, “besides, I’m going to be teaching you about something, wouldn’t you like that?”

“L-Like what?” she asked, her eyes showing anticipation.

Cruger gestured with a hand while walking towards Sugarcube Corner, “As I said, we shall walk and talk. Now, have any of you heard of the Multiverse Theory?”

Twilight practically began salivating as her eyes shined.

“Oh boy, now you’ve got her going,” Katsuo groaned.

“Well, as you know, but the others probably don’t, there are literally an infinite amount of worlds, some very different, others similar. For example, I met Kats when Discord sent him into my Equestria, where he met another Rainbow Dash.”

“‘Kats’?” Katsuo parroted. “... Huh, kinda like it. Better than ‘Short Stack’, at least.”

“Hey, you know you like it,” Rainbow said with a soft punch to the shoulder.

“Yeah, I guess so. Right back at you, Bird Brain,” Katsuo replied, responding with his own punch.

“So, what was that about another Rainbow Dash?” Spike asked.

“Like I said, I was in another Equestria up until five minutes ago. It had it’s own Celestia and Luna, it’s own version of all of you guys, even it’s own *sigh* Discord. Hey Rainbow, mind doing me a favor and doodle on him with permanent marker later? My Discord locked me in my own home for a thousand years, so as you can imagine I don’t like him.”

“An amusing thought, but I’d like to avoid stooping to his level,” came a voice from the doorway. Everyone turned to see Princess Celestia walking in.

“Princess!” Twilight exclaimed. All the ponies and Spike got up and bowed to her. Katsuo quickly fumbled out of his seat to do the same.

“At ease, my little ponies. I left my guards behind so I wouldn’t have to deal with such formalities.” She then turned to face Cruger. “And I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure?”

“Not in this verse ‘Tia, but I helped raise you and Luna in mine,” Cruger nodded his head slightly, “Commander Anubis Cruger, head of Royal Guard Special Division Space Patrol Delta, Grandmaster of the School of Dimensional Magic, and foremost expert on the Displaced in at least 5 separate universes. And before you ask, Katsuo and I are Displaced, and I was just about to explain what that is to your student and her friends here, and you are welcome to join us.”

“‘Displaced?’” she asked.

“Basically, the same situation I was in,” Katsuo explained. “He went to a con like me and bought something from a shady merchant that brought him to another version of Equestria.”

“Although, from the sounds of things, not the same one I met. The one most Displaced have had the misfortune to run into generally don’t give their targets a choice,” Cruger added.

“Interesting. So would that make you a Kamen Rider as well?” Celestia asked.

“You’d be half right,” Cruger said, “I’m actually what is known as a Power Ranger, which was adapted from a series known as Super Sentai, which is made by the same people who do Kamen Rider.” He turned to Katsuo, “guess that kinda makes us cousins in Displacement, of a sort.”

Katsuo smiled back. “I wouldn’t mind having an extended family. Although I guess this would make you an honorary Apple as well.”

“Yup. Katsuo here’s been stayin’ with us down at Sweet Apple Acres,” Applejack explained. “It’s the least we can do for ‘im, what with everythin’ he’s done for us.”

“Glad to see that Apple Hospitality is a multiversal constant.” Cruger grinned, “Also ‘Tia, there are more kinds of Displaced then just Rangers and Riders. Pokemon, Dragonball, One Piece, Overlord, DC Comics, there are probably more kinds of Displaced than the amount of possible combinations for a three scoop cone of ice cream, and that’s only taking into account the fictional works they could be based on, to say nothing of the individual characters themselves.”

“Oh man, can you imagine what could be out there? Superman? Goku?” Katsuo smiled. The his expression turned more fearful. “Oh crap, and what else could there be? Kefka? Galactus? Oh man, there could be some real nasties out there.”

“Just because their base is a bad guy, doesn’t mean that they are. For example, I met a Majin Buu displaced that helped defend a city, Baltimare unless I’m mistaken, from a localized zombie apocalypse. Anyway, I’m holding out for a Toriko Displaced. Have you tasted the food a standard Equestria has? Imagine what they could do with something like Ozone Grass?” Cruger drooled slightly.

“Uh… what?” Rainbow Dash asked. The two Displaced looked to the rest of the group and saw that they were utterly lost.

“Oops? Uh, guess we got carried away,” Katsuo said nervously, scratching the back of his head.

“Girls, remember what you do when Pinkie does something crazy?” Cruger asked, “just do the same thing when Displaced talk about such things, don’t question it.”

“Please don’t remind me,” Twilight muttered.

“Anyway, if you could continue the story. How exactly did you two meet?” Celestia asked.

“I’m not really sure myself,” Katsuo replied. “I’m holding my own against Discord, and then something falls out the sky and hits him in the head. He picks it up and the next thing I know I’m falling out of the sky and I crash into a flower shop.”

“Sounds like he had a little fun with my Token, which brings me to the next lesson on the Displaced, as well as the only thing we really have in common, the ability to create Tokens.” Cruger turned to Pinkie, “Did you happen to see a silver badge around where you beat Discord, around yea big?” he made a triangle with his thumbs and first fingers.

“You mean this?” she asked, holding up the item in question.

“When did you-?” Rarity began to ask.

“Plot convenience. Happened offscreen.”

Rarity just stared. “...What?”

“Huh?” Pinkie replied quickly.

“Pinkie Pie,” Cruger simply said, “don’t question it, do exploit it. Anyway,” Cruger took the badge, “this is my Token. Think of it as my calling card, you can use it to call me into your verse if you need a hand, or just somebody to talk to. All Displaced have the ability to make one, care to make one of your own?”

“Uh… I guess I probably should. So, how do I?” Katsuo asked.

“Quite easily, step one, select an item that represents you, I’d recommend a Cell Medal in your case, unless you have a better idea?”

“Not really, no,” he replied before reaching down for his belt, only to find it wasn’t there. “What? OH NO! WHERE IS IT!?”

“Like I’d leave something that powerful in lock up,” Cruger said, opening a portal and taking out Katsuo’s OOO Driver, “hope you don’t mind that I removed it, standard procedure and all.”

Katsuo sighed as he took it back. “No, I guess I should’ve expected. I did kind of beat up your top agents,” he replied before slapping the driver to his waist, causing the belt to appear. “I really need to apologize to them for that,” he continued as he reached into side pack and pulled out a Cell Medal. He then noticed that the straps on his legs that held his Core Medals were gone. “Guess you took those too, huh?”

“As I said, standard procedure,” Cruger replied before removing them from the portal as well, “and don’t worry about it, your little altercation was completely self defense until you went berserk, it was Rainbow’s fault for assuming.”

“YOU WENT BERSERK!?” Twilight shouted, equal parts upset and terrified.

Katsuo flinched. “I-It was an accident!”

“HOW WAS THAT AN ACCIDENT!?”

“I-I was getting smacked around. I-I did a combo without really thinking. My hands kinda moved on their own,” he explained, shrinking down like a child being scolded by their mother.

“Now, now, nopony was hurt and we learned from the experience,” Cruger said.

Twilight growled but then sat back down. “We’re not done here,” she proclaimed with a stern gaze. Katsuo nodded sheepishly in response.

“Now Token creation step two, infuse the chosen object with some of your energy and add a message that the other Displaced will hear when they find it.”

“‘Add energy?’ How would I do that? I don’t have any magic.”

“Try concentrating on it maybe?” Cruger said, “if a Monkey D. Luffy Displaced can do it, you can.”

“Hm.” Katsuo closed his eyes and focused on the Cell Medal, picturing it in his mind as he held it in his hand. “... I think I’m starting to feel something.”

“No kidding! Look at that!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Huh?” Katsuo opened his eyes and saw that the medal was glowing faintly. In addition, so were all the medals in his side pack. “Whoa!”

“Huh, that’s new,” Cruger said, “granted, I’ve only been present for the creation of one Token other than my own but still. Anyway, any idea what your message will be?”

“So, this message, it will be what every other Displaced that gets this token hears?”

“Unless it glitches out and fails to play, yeah.”

“Hm…” Katsuo closed his eyes and thought about it. After a few moment he stood up. “To anyone that needs a helping hand, to those who fight to keep hope alive, just flip this medal and Kamen Rider OOO will come to your side,” he said before smirking and flipping the medal in the air before catching it. “Free of charge.”

“Actually, I needed it for the final step anyway,” Cruger opened a portal and tossed it in, “have a Displaced with the ability to do so send it out into the void so that it can multiply and go to various Displaced,” as he closed the portal, another one opened over his head and dropped a medal, “this one is mine.”

“Oh good. I was afraid I was going to have to do that for a bunch of those myself. They may not be Core Medals, but they’re still valuable,” Katsuo said. Then a smile began to creep onto his face. “Say, any chance I can commission some work from you?”

“No problem, you’d actually be the second one I’d be doing it for,” Cruger replied with a grin, “what do you need?”

“Do the names ‘Candroid’ and “Ride Vendor’ mean anything to you?”

“Oy, big order there, I’m pretty sure I can work up some schematics,” he held up Katsuo’s Token, “at least we don’t have to worry about powering the things. However, I’m gonna have to ask for something in return.”

“Ok. What would that be?”

“Nothing big, I’m putting together a group of various Displaced to find out more about the Displacers. It’s not a whole lot you have to do, just whenever you find something out let me know about it using the communication spell integrated in my Token.”

“That sounds acceptable. I don’t know how much help I’d be, though. I’ve been here for a few months and you’re the first Displaced I’ve met, and I doubt the Displacers are more likely to show themselves. Though, if I could tell you one thing about the guy who sent me here, he seemed… well, I don’t want to say ‘nice’, but certainly not evil. He even said he’d make sure my family knew I was still alive before he sent me here.”

“That’s already new information,”Cruger said, “as for not meeting Displacers, I know a Displaced who is, shall we say intimate friends with theirs. Anyway,” Cruger opened a portal, “one last thing before I leave, under normal circumstances, which this obviously isn’t, you can send a Displaced home by saying ‘X, our contract is complete’, replacing X with their name of course.”

“Gotcha. But, uh… I can’t exactly let you go back alone. After all, I kinda need my Core Medals back. And I want to apologize to the Rangers. And, um… I was kinda hoping for… maybe one other thing?”

“What is it?” Cruger asked.

“Um… I was kind of hoping… I mean, if you have the chance… Possibly- Oh screw it, can you train me?”

Cruger grinned, “not a problem, if you don’t mind ‘Tia?”

“Hm… I suppose it would be worth it. I can take over the responsibilities of fighting the Yummy’s for a while,” she mused.

“Oh crap, I didn’t think about that!” Katsuo slapped his forehead. “Celestia’s the only other one here who’s strong enough to deal with the Yummy’s! Even the girls can barely hold them off long enough!”

“Not exactly true,” Celestia smirked.

“Huh?” they all asked.

“You’ll find out soon.”

Cruger grinned, “I think I can guess, I can’t wait for the birthday.”

Celestia blinked, confused. Katsuo, on the other hand, slapped his head again. “I really should’ve been looking for someone else to wear it, shouldn’t I? I guess I’ll start on that when I get back.”

“What do you mean?” Celestia asked.

Katsuo smirked. “You have you surprises, I have mine.”

“Hold on a moment! If you’re going to be training, I want to be there, too!” Twilight exclaimed. “If I’m going to be your support I need to be familiar with everything you can do,” she explained, pulling out the case full of the backup Core Medals.

“Well… Is that Ok?” he asked Cruger.

“Assuming Ponyville can handle two Twilights, I don’t see why not,” Cruger gestured towards the portal, “ladies first.”

“Aw, come on, how bad could it-?” Katsuo began.

“DON’T JINX IT!” everyone aside from Twilight and Celestia shouted.

Author's Note:

How will Katsuo's training go? Will Cruger's Ponyville be able to withstand two Twilights? How did Cruger know that Pinkie had his Token? Find out next time on SPD Emergency.

Crossover with Coming Up OOO by the very talented ShinigamiSparda, part one of two.

PreviousChapters Next