• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 10,571 Views, 901 Comments

SPD Emergency - cyberlord4444



Meet Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, head of SPD, SPD Shadow Ranger, founder of the Equestrian Royal Guard, former human-wait, what were those last 2?

  • ...
30
 901
 10,571

PreviousChapters Next
Case 35: School of Hard Knocks

“I must say, I haven’t had fun like this in a while,” Celestia commented, watching the organized members of SPD from an observation booth nearby, who were assembled in front of Gilgamesh.

“Indeed. I am quite looking forwards to the kind of techniques he will attempt to impart onto these noble peacekeepers,” Luna added, taking a sip of wine. “I must admit, I’m also looking forwards to seeing just how someone like him teaches. I have a hard time imagining it at all.”

“Are you sure you aren’t just here to scope out a potential suitor?” Celestia teased back.

Luna huffed. “Still thy tongue, sister. We spoke already, and he apologized for it.”

“‘Apologized?’”

Luna sipped her wine again before exhaling. “Unfortunately he’s already quite smitten with the Luna of his home dimension, and his flirting was nothing more than a leftover of his earlier days when he flirted with the Lunas of other dimensions to work up the courage to talk to his own.”

Celestia’s grin widened. “‘Unfortunately,’ dear sister?”

Luna’s face grew beet red as she glared at her sister before taking a rather large gulp of her wine.

“Well everybody, I hope you enjoyed the show between me and your Commander yesterday,” Gilgamesh began. He already noticed the greater level of respect from the crowd in front of him than before. It was one thing for him to be strong, but another for him to be equal to Cruger at his best. The change wasn’t significant, but still noticeable. “And I’ve got some great news for all of you! Remember those techniques I used against the boss dog in our match? Well you’re gonna get to learn some of them! Can I get a ‘heyo!’”

The gathered troopers replied with a semi enthusiastic response. They were still a little bummed out from Cruger’s draw yesterday, and their humiliating defeat the day before, but were more than willing to learn a few tricks from the guy who was able to pull both of those off.

“So, let’s start off with the first technique. Those of you who can master this ability will find that learning the other two I have planned for you to be much easier.” He exhaled for a moment before inhaling with a long and sharp breath. As he did, electricity began to spark all along his body. “This power is called ‘Hamon’ or ‘The Ripple’, if you’re against japanese naming for some reason. It is a power that draws its energy from breathing and causes the body to produce an energy of a similar wavelength of that of the rays of the Sun. Those who master it will find their strength and stamina increased, their pain reduced, and their aging slowed. For those of you who can master this, if you can keep it up I can almost promise, with diet and exercise, you can add at least another twenty years onto your lifespan. You’ll probably even be able to fight pretty decently at age ninety.”

“Ooh, I must see if I can get him to teach me that,” Rarity said to herself from the sidelines.

“First and foremost, however, was the reason this technique was created in the first place. Namely as a way for humans to combat supernatural enemies like zombies, vampires, and really anything that would have a weakness to sunlight. That’s not to say, of course, that it has no effect on living beings, this is basically the power of the Sun you’re wielding, and at great enough intensities this power can even melt flesh.”

Gilgamesh cast a glance towards both Dusk Rose and Dr. Plague, seeing if they had any hesitations about being anywhere near this power. (Authors will write their characters either slightly nodding or shaking their heads, signifying whether or not they’ll be ok interacting with it)

“Now before I go on, I’d like to mention that it’s possible for all of you to learn this, but some of you will find it much more difficult than others. The people who have had greater hardships in life, having been beaten by the pressures of misfortune and the stress of danger, will find that they are more likely to be able not only to inherit this ability, but also utilize it to a much greater extent. The rest of you, well not to say you can’t learn it, but it might take you years if not decades to get it done, and unfortunately, I just don’t have the time to wait around for that.” Gilgamesh crossed his fingers and summoned shadow clones, one for every member present. “Alright, I hope you’re all ready. Three. Two.”

The next moment one of the clones was in front of every single member, all sparking with Hamon energy.

“Here comes the pain,” was the last thing he said before all the clones shoved a pinky harshly into the members’ diaphragms, with enough force to lift them off the ground and knocking the breath out of them completely. Some of them stumbled a moment before feeling energized, Hamon energy sparking along their bodies for a moment before dissipating. Most, however, fell to their hands and knees and gasped for breath, looking like they were about to lose their lunches.

“Well, looks like we’ve separated the wheat from the chaff,” Gilgamesh announced as his clones disappeared in puffs of smoke. “Those of you who didn’t start retching, step forwards. The rest of you can take a break in the seats provided for you. Enjoy the refreshments that I made earlier this morning, they’ll help you regain your strength.”

“I am very glad I’m only observing this” said Fetch in the observation booth, keeping an eye on the recording equipment. “But an ability that claims to borrow Princess Celestia’s power? That seems almost treasonous.”

A duplicate of PRINCESS HEART appears next to Fetch and started talking to him. “Well actually Fetch the power of the sun isn’t limited to just Celestia. Remember Discord and the unicorns of old were able to harness the power of the sun and move it. Even Twilight is capable of that if her attempt at it while Tirek was on the loose was any indication.” She explained to him. “Also if you’re wondering how I’m here and over there trying to learning the Hamon technique, this is a duplication of mine, hive mind connected to the original. Ninja magic I think the appropriate term is for it. It’s pretty useful in different situations and I figured I might as well train it too. As for the technique, all in all I think I’m off to a good start as I didn’t regurgitate like the others.” She said as she sat down next to him while the original trained with the rest of the troopers.

“Princess Twilight had Princess Celestia’s power at that time, Princess.” said Fetch with a smirk. “Oh, and please be careful using Shadow Clones. You will feel it if they get hurt.”

“While that’s true Twilight’s an alicorn and thus has a massive boost added to her magic. She being a master of magic much like myself should be able to move the sun and moon without Celestia’s power. She’d have to be able to if worst case scenario happens and both Celestia and Luna and/or Discord were all killed or put in a deep coma they might never awake from by a nearly invincible enemy or something otherwise our world would be doomed to eternal day and night on both sides of the planet.” PRINCESS HEART pointed out to Fetch. “Personally I hope that scenario never even gets to the point where it starts to happen period or it’d be...tragic and grimdark I suppose they call it?” She asked as she thought of the terms. “The thought truly terrifies me.”

Sora took a deep breath as she sat and watched the ponies that actually could use this Hamon, she was sad that she couldn’t actually use the ability but was at least glad that she wasn’t reacting as badly as the few others she had seen. Taking a bite from a sandwich she had grabbed from the refreshments before looking around at her colleagues and silently wondering if she would get stronger and if she was going to get her money for betting on a tie before shaking her head and clearing her mind so that she wouldn’t start speaking her mind again.

“Alright, so around forty of you out of about two hundred. Not bad, all things considered. I’d advise those of you who didn’t make the cut to still pay attention, as you aren’t yet exempt from learning this power. In addition, it’d be best to know what your compatriots can do,” Gilgamesh continued as he walked over to a pitcher of water. “Now Hamon isn’t just the ability to produce heat or energy from your body, and in fact it’s versatility may be its most powerful attribute.” He poured some water into a glass before grabbing it and lifting it up to show the crowd before turning it upside down. Not a single drop of water fell from the glass. As if that wasn’t impressive enough he then stuck his finger into the water and pulled the glass off, leaving the water to keep its glass shape.

“One of Hamon’s most impressive abilities is control of whatever it comes in contact with. The relationship between the Hamon-user and what it interacts with can be incredibly varied and has a variety of uses.” He then walked over to the nearby wall, still not releasing the water from his finger, before placing the fingertips of his other hand against the wall and breathing deeply. His body sparked for a moment before he lifted both off his legs off the ground, hovering over the floor with only his fingertips connected to any surface. “These are but two example of how Hamon can interact and change the reaction to its environment,” he explained before bending his wrist backwards, pulling the rest of his body up with his feet pointing towards the ceiling. “Now the reason I can do this to such an extent is due to my own physical strength, but the connection to the wall is all from full control over Hamon. I’m sure you would find the ability to scale walls without the need of gear or even a foothold to be of use out in the field, especially for those of you who can’t fly,” he suggested before touching ground.

“But sticking to walls isn’t the only way it can manipulate the world around you,” he continued before relaxing his breath, causing the water to finally obey the laws of physics and fall to the ground with a splat. He scanned the crowd for a moment before pointing to Sky Gear. “You. Take your blaster and shoot me when I say.”

Sora blinked as she was chosen before nodding at the the great armored warrior. Standing up and walking a bit away from the others so she had a clear shot, she drew out her blaster from its holster before turning the safety off and aimed it at the teacher, “I wonder what’s he’s going to do.”

Gilgamesh reached under his helmet and pulled a clump of hair away from his ponytail. He then inhaled, causing the Hamon to crackle along his body. If one paid close attention, they could see the hairs in his hand go rigid. “Alright, you may fire when ready.”

Sky Gear didn’t hesitate pulling the trigger at her current target. Gilgamesh threw out a his clump of hair in response. The strands of hair hovered for a moment, spread out in a large cloud stretching about three feet in all directions, with Hamon energy crackling in between them. The laser blasts, amazingly, were detonated upon collision with the barrier of hair and Hamon.

“Man, I wish I could do that,” Lunar Fang commented, “I get blown up way too often.”

“As you can see, an object doesn’t need to be in contact with a user to have Hamon in it. Objects, both organic and inorganic, can be imbued with Hamon,” he explained as the clump of hair began to fall limp and drop to the floor. “At its most extreme extent… well, I think a demonstration will be more entertaining.” He scanned the crowd before smirking. “Evil Breaker, I’d like it if you could participate in something for me.”

Evil Breaker grinned, “Lay it on me coach.”

“Oh, no no no. You see, you’re only half the equation.”

“Oh really? So, who’s my unfortunate sparring partner?”

Gilgamesh stifled his laughter as much as he could, causing a giggle to escape his lips. He then cleared his throat and turned to the observation balcony. “Fluttershy, if I could trouble you for a moment?”

Fluttershy meeped before ducking behind Rarity, who sighed and teleported her in front of Gilgamesh.

Twilight whistled in appreciation, “Not bad, when’d you get so good at teleporting?”

“Well it is the cornerstone of Cruger’s fighting style, or had you forgotten that I’ve been taking lessons?”

“Thank you, Miss Rarity,” Gilgamesh said before gently taking Fluttershy by the hand and walking her over to Evil Breaker. “Now Fluttershy, I’m sorry for putting you out into the spotlight, but I just felt that you would be perfect for this little demonstration.”

“Um, really? Because I’m sure there’s somepony else who would do just as well.”

“Oh, don’t sell yourself short, my dear,” he began before patting her on the head. “After all, you might not be a combat trained, but you’ve still stood up to things even hardened soldiers haven’t been able to overcome. If bravery is defined by doing what’s necessary even though you’re afraid, then you’ve got my vote for bravest pony in the world.”

Fluttershy simply grinned slightly at the praise, while simultaneously whimpering and trying to hide behind her mane due to the attention his comment had directed at her. To her credit, she kind of succeeded.

Gilgamesh then inhaled, activating his Hamon power, before patting her on the head again. Her body went completely rigid for a moment before relaxing, her head slumping forwards and her shoulders sagging, but not falling over. For a moment she just stood there before standing up straight and looking forwards, her mane falling away to reveal a blank expression on her face. After a period of nothing Fluttershy quickly flared her wings and crouched into a sprinting stance. In an instant she closed the distance between herself and Evil Breaker who, to his credit, managed to raise his arms and block the punch to his chest with his arms, the force sending him sliding backwards a few yards. Fluttershy disappeared in another burst of speed, reappearing behind the stallion before striking him in the side with a roundhouse kick, the force managing to lift him into the air. She then shot towards the wall, landing on both hooves before pushing off, flipping forwards before extending her leg and striking Evil Breaker in the face with an axe kick, sending him crashing into the ground. She followed up by diving down at him, her fist raised. The earth pony barely managed to roll out of the way before Fluttershy slammed her fist into the ground, producing enough of an impact to send out a loud ring through the room. Fluttershy slowly stood up and stared at Evil Breaker, not making any movements and still having that blank expression on her face.

Rainbow Dash scowled, “Hey, what makes you think you can just mind control one of my friends!?”

Gilgamesh just stared. “Really? No reaction to the physically weakest pony present completely owning a trained A-Squad SPD member?” he asked before turning to Cruger. “Just what have you done to make these guys so jaded?”

“They’re not jaded, it’s just their training. What do you think a cop would focus on first, the fact that someone’s butt has been kicked by a wimp, or the fact that said wimp was the victim of one of the few crimes that still carries the death penalty? By the way, you have 5 seconds to explain yourself before I start trying out my new moves on your ass.”

“Eh, it’s less ‘mind control’ and more ‘suggestive hypnosis’. I couldn’t make her do anything that she wouldn’t be unwilling to completely conscious,” Gilgamesh explained before inhaling. He tapped her on the muzzle with a “Boop,” causing Fluttershy to go limp and begin to fall, Gilgamesh catching her before she hit the ground.

“Ugh… What… What happened?” she asked as her eyes began to flutter open.

“Thank you very much, dear Fluttershy, you’ve been a wonderful participant,” Gilgamesh said before gently helping her to her hooves.

“Um thank you…” Fluttershy said, before seeing Breaker and started helping him.

“How the buck did she do that?” PRINCESS HEART asked, a sentiment shared by everyone else watching based on their expressions.

“Oh, well, as I’ve already explained, one can use Hamon as a form of suggestive hypnosis to get them to act without their conscious mind interfering,” Gilgamesh repeated. “As for her physical prowess, one of the effects Hamon can have on a user is increased strength and stamina. I just transferred that power over to her, essentially supercharging her muscles. This is an advanced technique, by the way, not just anyone with Hamon control can do it.”

“But Fluttershy would never hurt anyone like she did, she’s not a fighter, no offence darling,” Rarity said.

“Oh yes, of course, she’s certainly not someone who would wish pain on others, even those who would wish to harm her. To be honest, it was kind of a gamble, but I guessed that deep down she had a subconscious desire to gain power to prove herself more useful and carry her weight as one of the Elements of Harmony. Not to mention wanting to gain her best friends’ approval,” he explained, casting a glance towards Rainbow Dash. “Looks like I was right.”

Dash huffed, although her scowl did abate slightly, “She didn’t need to prove anything, I saw her stare down a dragon, that makes her pretty awesome in my book.” The rest of the Mane 6, aside from Flutters, nodded in agreement.

Fluttershy smiled while shrinking down a bit, hiding part of her face with her mane. “Thank you very much, Rainbow. It’s just, well, I guess he’s kind of right… maybe. I mean, I know you all appreciate what can do but, well… Sometimes I just, um, wish I could more. If that’s ok, I mean,” she explained as she shuffled her hooves slightly.

“HNNNNNNNNG!” Gilgamesh exclaimed while clutching his chest before falling over. “... I can’t believe I’m still not used to that.”

“I am, but that’s only because I survived an assassination attempt that literally involved weaponized cute, Luna’s still sore I wouldn’t let her get to the cookie jar.”

“DOGGY!” Luna shouted in anger, her face red, as Celestia burst out laughing in a very unroyal manner.

“Hey, blame your mom, she’s the one who set the limits on sweets, I just enforced them.”

Gilgamesh got up and dusted himself off. “Luckily for my own pride, I have no problem with making myself looking like an idiot,” he muttered before clearing his throat. “Fluttershy, thank you once again for your participation. You’ve been spectacular,” he said with bow.

Fluttershy smiled in appreciation, then shot back to the stands with a meep and hid behind Rarity’s hair.

“Awww, so cuuuute!” Gilgamesh said under his breath smiling goofily. He then turned back to the crowd, smug grins on nearly all of their faces. “What? I’m perfectly secure.”

“Doesn’t mean we’re not gonna tease you about it from now until eternity,” Cruger replied.

“Pfft. I’ve had worse.”

“I must say I’m impressed with the move all things considered Sir Gilgamesh.” PRINCESS HEART stated after watching the display with Fluttershy owning Evil Breaker.

Sky Gear could only look on as she reactivated the safety then holstering her blaster which she had been holding during the whole demonstration with Fluttershy and wondered few things before just shaking her head clear of such thoughts and sitting down again on the chair she used before. Sora took a drink of a bottle that she had grabbed besides the sandwich. “I really hope that the other things being taught will be as awesome as Hamon and I honestly don’t get what an overdoses cute can actually do to someone.” shaking her head she continued to watch the lesson hoping no-one would, again, look at her weird for her inability to keep thought internal.

“Weaponized cuteness perhaps Sky?” PRINCESS HEART suggested to her.

“Right… maybe.” said Sora not correcting PRINCESS HEART about calling her Sora and not Sky, she could already see a few looking up when the changeling said Sky before looking back at the lessons once they noticed they weren’t actually the one being talked to, with Sky Gear silently looking at the lesson while her hands took out small components from her pouches before putting together something semi-consciously.

“So, he has a version of one of Discord’s tricks as well” said Fetch, checking the read-outs. “Another reason why it’s a good thing he’s on our side.”

“Either way Sky, this Hamon move can be very helpful against any villains we may have to face later. Even that Emperor Grumm did Cruger call him? He seems like a rather nasty kind of villain to face.” PRINCESS HEART stated.

“Hypnotizing someone to do what they won’t want to do is impossible as stated by our current teacher Gilgamesh, as such unless one of opposing factions have some other feelings about the situational operation that was in play, only then would such Hamon maneuver do more then leave two units open for engagement for both sides to take an opportunity for a killing blow. Such Hamon maneuver should be reserved for usage on another trooper who is having a breakdown middle of a battle to allow them to keep alive before they go through therapy for what caused said breakdown. Such situation would be easier to encounter than having a chance that the one we hypnotized be actually willing to fight against their Operators, Masters, Work Enforcer or Emperor.” stated Sora as her mind worked down the basics of what she knew of hypnotism and a bit what Gilgamesh had said about the technique in question, she then noticed quite a few ponies looking at her so she bit her tongue and put more of her concentration on the small gadget she was putting together, keeping her teeth down on her tongue so it wouldn’t move with her thoughts and keeping only an ear out for the lesson.

“True, still Hamon appears to do more than just Hypnosis so it’s effective in other ways Sky.” HEART said as she thought it over.

“Anyway, let’s continue, shall we?” Gilgamesh began again while pulling some pony sized training dummies from nowhere. “What I’ve shown you are some of the more advanced or creative uses of Hamon, but let’s try a few that are a bit more straightforward.” He set one down in front of him and took a few steps away from it before taking a fighting stance. He extended his arm towards the dummy slowly, his fist about a foot away from hitting the dummy’s face. “Watch closely,” he said before pulling his arm back. He inhaled slightly and threw another punch, and amazingly his arm seemed stretch as he did, his fist connecting with the dummy and sending its head flying. His arm seemed to snap back to its normal size as he pulled it back. The whole thing happened so quickly many wondered if their eyes were working properly.

“D..Did Gilgamesh’s arm just extend itself like elastic or rubber?” PRINCESS HEART stated in shock.

“What component did he alter in the arm.” wondered Sora as she looked up, she heard the extension and retraction of the arm but only PRINCESS HEART’s comment really told her what truly happened, “Bones are possible and most likely, but muscles are also a possibilities.”

“Not quite, but on the right track,” Gilgamesh answered. “What you saw was the ‘Zoom Punch.’ What happened was that when I threw my punch I dislocated my shoulder, elbow, and wrist to allow my arm to stretch. The Hamon makes sure to numb the pain to the point it's barely noticeable, keep the muscles and skin from tearing, and ensuring that everything snaps back in place when it's done. It also, of course, inflicts Hamon energy on the target.”

“That honestly sounds like one of the worst techniques to mess up part of the way.” muttered Sora in response of the explanation that was given, before shaking her head partially wincing as she mentally constructed a wrongly put together arm.

“Agreed, if you’re not careful it could recoil on you badly and harm you instead of your target.” PRINCESS HEART observed.

“Well, you’re certainly right that it can go horribly wrong if you don’t know what you’re doing, but that’s true of many things in life,” Gilgamesh commented. “For something a little less body altering, let’s try this.” Inhaled again before slamming his fist into the ground. A pulse of energy raced from his fist across the ground, exploding under the dummy with enough force to get it lodged in the ceiling. “The Hamon Overdrive has many forms, but the shockwave is the simplest form of it. And just in case any of you were wondering if it was limited to the ground,” he trailed off before slamming his fist into the ground again. This time the wave of energy raced along the floor up the wall, and to the ceiling before exploding on the dummy again, sending it crashing into the ground and destroying it.

PRINCESS HEART mouth dropped open as she witnessed that move. “T...That was an impressive shockwave combo Sir Gilgamesh. I’ve never seen such a combat technique before.” She said in awe of the moveset Gilgamesh demonstrated. “So what other abilities can the Hamon do exactly besides the Hypnosis and Shockwaves?” She asked him with curiosity.

“Glad you asked,” he began before approaching another dummy. “If you need a little heat, then there’s always,” he paused to inhale, Hamon sparking along his body. “Scarlet Overdrive!” he shouted as he threw his punch, his arm lighting on fire as he did and scorching black the parts of the dummy it didn’t eat through. “And, one last little technique, for those who have the control.” He whistled towards Enkidu, who actually groaned a bit before walking over. He then stood up on his hind legs and leaned against one of the dummies. Gilgamesh summoned his power before punching Enkidu right in the barrel. Fluttershy yelped in fear only to gape as saw the dummy behind the canine explode. Enkidu settled back down onto four legs, shaking his fur and looking no worse for ware. He then cast Gilgamesh an annoyed look. “I’ll make you a sloppy joe later.” Enkidu’s eyes narrowed. “Ok, ok, a lobster dinner!” Enkidu smiled and walked off, his head held high.

Gilgamesh sighed. “I swear, he’s getting more and more spoiled with each apology meal I have to give him,” he muttered.

“You just punched your buddy and it blew up the dummy without so much as a scratch on him...HOW!?” PRINCESS HEART asked shocked at the turn of events.

“Like I said, Hamon’s greatest strength is versatility. By controlling the flow of energy I basically treated him like the floor and walls from before, causing it to flow through him and only release it’s destructive force after it had reached its destination. I’m sure such a thing would be useful for hostage situations.”

“So basically in short, in a way it’s like you also treated him like a ghost turning intangible and firing the move through him at the target where it would only work once it impacted said target exactly, correct? A piercing technique, and yes it would be very helpful as any idiot stupid enough to pull one off would be caught off guard the moment Hamon was fired at them from outside where they couldn’t see it coming til it’s too late, thus saving the hostages and allowing us to storm the place and apprehend the culprit.”

Sora looked between the interaction between the displaced and the changeling finding it a quite funny discussion between the two, so had quite a few troopers. “I wonder why she’s playing the fool, I mean Hamon seems just like a different type of magic that ponies can use and like all magic it has its specialities which become quite spectacular at high level of conduct. Then again I’ve haven’t seen magic that relies on a breathing technique before, but beyond that this among the more tamer abilities we’ve seen with things happening around SPD being concerned.” Sky Gear couldn’t see it but a few ponies around her nodded to her remark before they wondered if Sky Gear and PRINCESS HEART were actually acting as commentator panel to get explanations from the expert aka Gilgamesh.

“Hm. Never had it described that way,” Gilgamesh replied, answering PRINCESS HEART. “But really, like I said, it’s just the flow of energy. Think of it kind of like… oh, let’s say a Newton’s Cradle, since both objects were next to each other the energy flowed all the way to the end, not stopping in the middle. Anyway, let’s continue,” he said as he pulled out a chair and table from nowhere, as well as a plate of black noodles. “Ah, spaghetti al nero will always be a favorite of mine,” he muttered before digging in. It was a testament to how used to this the members of SPD were that they didn’t question this at all. “Anyway, as I keep mentioning, Hamon’s greatest strength is its versatility, but that’s not merely in the way the energy behaves. Since Hamon must be conducted through something, there are many… very interesting reactions that can come about from its usage,” he continued as he ate. “Those who have skill or fascination with improvised weaponry will find this particularly to their liking. After all,” he lifted up a few small noodles with his fork. “In the hands of a Hamon user,” he said as the energy sparked along his body, causing the noodles to go straight. He then pointed them at the group sitting down and refreshing themselves before using one finger to curl the noodles back. “Anything is a weapon,” he finished.

The eyes of all the members widened and then Gilgamesh let his finger go, causing the noodles to shoot off the fork like bullets, flying towards the group. They barely had enough time to flinch before the noodles imbedded themselves in a glass of water, piercing all the way through to the other side and being embedded in the object. The shots were so perfect that no liquid seeped out through the holes.

“Scarves, string, flowers, anything and everything that can be a conduit is a deadly weapon to a Hamon user,” Gilgamesh continued as he stood up, pulling out a bucket of water and some soap. He began to wash his hands as the rest were still stupefied at what he was able to do with nothing but food. “And, perhaps the most unique example,” he trailed off before slapping his hands together and slowly parting them, creating a large bubble. He breathed deeply, causing Hamon to spark along his body, before rapidly thrusting his hands at one of the last few dummies, causing a swarm of bubbles to approach it. As they popped against it the dummy began to get singed, as if each was a tiny ball of fire.

“I must say I’ve never heard of weaponized food before. That gives a whole new meaning to the term food fight if you can greatly harm one with simple food like noodles. Certainly a useful tactic. And did you just make a bubblebeam torch the dummy?” PRINCESS HEART asked him.

“If Gilgamesh wasn’t a Displaced, I’d say he was Discord” said Fetch up in the observation room. “Which does bring up a question. Has Discord been seen at all during the time Gilgamesh has been here?”

“Have we really ever seen him near the base whenever the Boss is around?” asked Sora as she had walked up to Fetch and his observation point, “You getting plenty of information through these demonstrations, Fetch?” looking around for Steam Gear caused Sky Gear to sigh wishing that her cousin was around,

“I almost forgot that the Commander is one of the only lifeforms in the multiverse that Discord is actually afraid of” said Fetch with a smile. “Tons of info, Ranger Gear. More than enough to know that Susanoo has a lot of work to make sure Delta Base’s defenses can withstand more than five minutes of that level of power, and that if anything else comes from where Gilgamesh is from, I’m going to hide surrounded by as much shielding as possible.”

“Hey if you need any backup for the shielding I could always summon up a little buddy to be a Hulk for you. Hmm...Bahamut or OMEGA could work. You never mess with a dragon king/god and/or a super weapon that can beat the ever living crap out of you if you threaten the planet itself.” PRINCESS HEART stated, the summoner changeling knowing how devastating her little friends can be in battle if it came to that.

“Why didn’t you bring one of them to help in the sparring against Gilgamesh, Princess?” asked Fetch. “Didn’t want to show all your cards?”

“Well there’s that for one but the main reason was I didn’t actually get a chance to. After he dispelled everyone, he started that combo move didn’t he? Then Marri O’ Nette used that nuking move after which Dusk blindsided him in the face still as a fluffle pony and the sparring match ended there. I was actually getting ready to unleash a summon before the combo thing happened.” PRINCESS HEART explained to Fetch.

“I see” said Fetch with a smirk. “So, Princess needs a touch of Speed Training. I’m sure Edge could help you with that.”

“True, and I probably could use training there along with my summons and highest level spells. I mean, I have pretty high stats I think you all call them, but Gilgamesh just reacted faster than any of us could for the sparring match. I’m sure that it would be far different one on one with him, especially since as a master of magic, my spells can get stronger fighting him being a master of magic as well.” She said as she thought it over.

“Hold on, stop a moment.” Said Sora looking at Fetch, “I’ve told you to call me Sora, and I’m pretty sure I do help with ranger suits once in awhile, but I’m not allowed to do that outside of the lab, as such I’m not a ranger.”

“But I like calling you Ranger Gear” said Fetch with a grin. “You carry enough of it anyway. But that is enough chatting for now” said Fetch with a grin. “Back to watching the Action!”

“Agreed. And I must say Ranger Gear has a nice ring to it.” PRINCESS HEART said as she nodded, listening to Gilgamesh again and giggling in the process. Sora could only look at the two with a disgruntled expression before sighing and sitting down on the ground to continue to watch the lesson.

“Anywho,” Gilgamesh started, getting everyone’s attention again. “Shabon Launcher is more than just a ‘Bubble Beam,’ as you said. It has a few more variations, including,” he trailed off before producing more bubbles, this time holding them between this fingers, causing them to flatten into discs. “Shabon Cutter!” he cried as he threw the bubble discs, which actually began to slice into the dummy before exploding. “Shabon Barrier!” he shouted as he threw another swarm of bubbles at the dummy. This time they all converged into a large bubble surrounding the dummy, lifting it into the air before violently popping, destroying the dummy. “And last but not least,” he began before summoning the bubble discs again, this time throwing them up into the air. “Shabon Lens!” The discs began tilting and magnifying the light that went through them into beams. They were redirected several directions between the bubbles until they finally shot out towards the floor, producing enough heat to burn what they touched black. “These are just some of the ideas that Hamon users have come up with,” he explained as he dispersed the bubbles. “I can’t wait to see what those of you with the aptitude can come up with in the future.”

“But now, onto the weaknesses of Hamon. First, as you’ve probably noticed, you can’t just shoot Hamon through your body, it has to be conducted through something. Second, if you can’t breath, you can’t use Hamon. Period. If you can’t get air, if you have to hold your breath for some reason, if someone tries choking you or knocks all the air out of your body, you can’t use this technique. And third and most important, you have to have full control of your breathing at all times in order to use Hamon. That means not only will exhaustion interfere with this ability, but so will excessive anger and, most importantly, fear. If you can’t keep the same kind of breathing in a life or death situation, all these techniques might as well be elaborate party tricks.”

“You’ve also likely noticed that even those of you who have shown the aptitude for this power aren’t generating any Hamon now. Quite simply, it’s because you’re not breathing right.”

Gilgamesh removed his chestplate and untied the kimono underneath, showing off his muscled chest and abdomen.

Applejack whistled, impressed. “Hay, he’d give Big Macintosh a run for his-”

“Woof!”

Everyone on the balcony turned to look at Luna, who was staring at Gilgamesh with a little bit of drool coming down the side of her face as she smiled. After a few seconds she turned to notice everyone looking at her, specifically Celestia’s smug grin. Realizing what she did her face turned beet red before she grabbed a bottle of wine and began chugging. Much to her own appreciation, no one in the training area had heard her.

The PRINCESS HEART duplicate giggled when Luna did that and gave her 2 cents on the matter. “Heheheh woof indeed, Luna, woof indeed. Seems Gilgamesh is not only buff but has really been working out.”

“Most of your life you’ve probably been chest breathing, like this,” he explained before emphasizing his breaths, causing his chest to rise and fall. “This actually limits the amount of air you can take in at once. What you need to do is use your diaphragm, or ‘belly breathing’, as it might be called.” As he began to inhaled his stomach extended, then exhaling it seemed to recede almost beyond his rib cage. “Any of you who do meditation, yoga, or even have some singing lessons will likely be familiar with this,” he continued as he put his armor back on. “What you need to do is make it so that you’re breathing like this all the time, completely subconsciously. Those of you who have shown promise, try taking in a big breath using this method now.”

All those who had gained the aptitude before inhaled deeply. Some were able to cause Hamon to spark along them the first time, others took a few tried but got it down. Some of them were still unable to after several tries.

“It’s fine, you’ll all get it eventually. After class today, I’ll make sure to give you a list of exercises I want you to practice. For now, let’s move onto the next technique,” he said as he summoned a cube of metal into his hand. With a flick of his fingers the cube began to spin rapidly, to the point it was just a blur. After a few moments it stopped, and was now perfectly spherical in shape.

“Now that was impressive.” PRINCESS HEART said, Hamon sparking as she talked, hands together in a yoga based stance.

Gilgamesh smirked. “If you think that’s impressive, then listen to this: My strength had very little to do with converting that cube into this sphere. True, I did use my considerable strength, but not to crush the cube. Instead, it was to generate force. In other words, it was the immense force of spinning that forced it to change shape. This is the force I will be teaching you: ‘The Rotation’, or ‘The Spin’ if you prefer to call it that. In addition, what I hold in my hand is the Rotation’s primary conductor, its greatest tool and weapon: the Steel Ball.”

He then pulled his arm back for a pitch, the ball spinning in his hand, before hurling it at the wall. The steel ball kept spinning, sparks flying off it as it did, not moving from where it hit the wall, before shooting back towards Gilgamesh, who caught it effortlessly. The ball still spun in his hand, and the wall now had a perfectly circular indentation in it.

“Cool. It’s like a boomerang or Yo-Yo designed for combat. Very effective weapon Sir Gilgamesh.” PRINCESS HEART commented.

“You are really easily impressed, Princess Heart.” stated Sora with a small chuckle as she looked at the ninjutsu clone of the changeling before looking back at the wall, “But what caused the rebound, the spin itself would have caused a return that is angled because of the rotation affecting how the air moves around the sphere.”

“I agree it should’ve ricocheted at an angle instead of acting like a yo-yo of sorts.” PRINCESS HEART stated.

“Breaking physics” said Fetch with a groan. “I wish Steam was here to give a proper rant about this. Where is he anyway?”

“Did something happen with the Chicken-LauncherTM, again?” asked Sky to Fetch before thinking for a moment, “If not, maybe it’s just him having an idea and making it. Though we’ll need to make sure he didn’t do something stupid like take a display from the bomb defusal practice kits, again.”

“Steam may be a unicorn, but he can be such a featherbrain” said Fetch with a smirk.

Gilgamesh chuckled. “What you’ve got here is much more than a mere ‘yo-yo’, Princess. This is a conductor for an energy as powerful and varied as Hamon. In fact, I think it would benefit you all to know exactly what this technique was created for. Hm, let’s see, I’ll need a volunteer. How about… ?”

“If you want Sir Gilgamesh I’ll volunteer. Why not get a first hand experience correct?” PRINCESS HEART offered.

Gilgamesh smiled and motioned for he to come over. “You’re quite the eager volunteer, Princess. I do appreciate that,” he said as he pulled out a large wooden block from nowhere and set on the ground. “It’s a real shame too because you’re probably not going to want to be my volunteer after this.”

PRINCESS HEART looked back to him curiously. “Why would say-?” she began only to be cut off as Gilgamesh pushed the spinning steel ball into her back between her shoulder blades. The changeling instantly fell limp, and even her shadow clone disappeared in a puff of smoke. Gilgamesh guided her body down so that her torso was on the box, with her head hanging off of it.

“The Steel Ball was developed in a certain country, a kingdom. This specific technique and style was carried down through a family in service to the king,” he continued as he stepped back, leaving PRINCESS HEART’s body on the wooden block, the ball still spinning on her back. “To carry out their task they learned biology, anatomy, and martial arts. They trained their bodies, their minds, and their techniques for one purpose: to provide a quick and painless death.” He unclipped his naginata and raised it above his head. “For this was the family of the royal executioners.” He swung his weapon down, faster than anyone could react, only to stop just before touching the Princess’s neck. “As you can see, she didn’t even flinch,” he said as he pulled his weapon away and clipped it onto his back. “Despite being perfectly aware of everything around her she couldn’t move her body an inch. This isn’t due to magic or mind control, it’s simply applying the right kind of pressure to the right part of the body.” He held out his hand and the steel ball jumped up from her back into it, giving her back control of her body.

“Well, oh my, that...that was certainly something Sir Gilgamesh and oddly exhilarating. A pressure point based attack is very useful for different enemies. I’ll definitely want to remember that one.” PRINCESS HEART stated as she regained control of her body.

“Glad I remembered something my past self noted down in my mind. A note to self from when I joined the garrison in Canterlot, wait until after being explained what one will be volunteer for before volunteering and always be ready to move with others so not to be volunteered.” chuckled Sora looking over the situation before muttering to herself, “So now we are either going to be given a book of pressure points, if I remember one of my books correctly about that term, or is this going to be a whole different power to do this, which would be odd since those points would still have to be researched and at least self-tested to know where to strike.”

“Oh, it’s much more than simple pressure points, Sora,” Gilgamesh explained. “As you will now help me demonstrate.”

“I walked right into that one, didn’t I?” remarked Sky Gear with a sigh before flapping her wings once to get her standing before walking over Gilgamesh, standing partially rigged but also partially calm before the hulking man, “I would be lying to say that I was ready to be demonstrated on nor am I happy to have been volunteered.”

“Ah, don’t worry, your life won’t be in danger,” he replied before tossing Sora a belt with a revolver pistol in the holster. “Don’t worry, it’s not loaded,” he assured Sora before clipping a pouch to his waist which carried two steel balls. “Now on the count of three, I want to you to try and shoot me with that gun.”

“This should be interesting.” PRINCESS HEART commented.

Sky Gear sighed as she undid her own belt and set it aside before putting on the given belt, she then took out the revolver and looked at it analyzing it before aiming it up then pulling the trigger slightly to feel how much force the trigger would need before using both hands to hold the grip. She placed the revolver into the holster with a hand over it, ready to draw on any notice, while her bat wings flared out ready to be used.

Gilgamesh unclipped the pouch at his. “One… Twoandthree!” He said quickly, grabbing the ball and cocking it back for a throw, the steel ball already spinning. Sora pulled out her gun lifted it towards the armored displaced. Gilgamesh hurled the ball and it hit her just as she got it level. The ball burrowed into her shoulder but she felt no real pain, but instead a strange tightening sensation in her skin and muscles. The steel ball shot from her body back into Gilgamesh’s hand, who placed it back into his pouch in one smooth motion, the sphere still spinning inside. Sora, confused but still wary that nothing big seemed to have happened, noticed her gun was still leveled and aimed at him. She tried to squeeze the trigger but instead her arm curled, her elbow quickly closing causing a quick reaction from the therstal, which was grabbing the traitor arm with her other arm and wings before breaking the wrist and forcing the arm to be dislocated, both without much of a grunt from Sora, before forcing it away from her body. Her entire arm was held back in this position for a good twenty seconds before she felt her muscles finally began obeying her commands, as such she took the revolver with her other hand and placed it back in the holster.

“Well that was something.” muttered Sky Gear as she used on her wings as a cast for her wrist and keep her arm straight so that she could place it back into its socket as she took off the belt before tossing it back to Gilgamesh and using a hoof to throw up her own belt before using one hand and a wing to put on again.

“So what just happened there exactly?” PRINCESS HEART asked.

Gilgamesh removed one of his gauntlets and held out his arm before dropping the spinning steel ball on it, causing his fist to clench. “Muscle control. What you saw was me using the Rotation and the steel ball to wind up her muscles in such a way that when she attempted to pull the trigger it would instead cause them to act as they just did. Of course, it wasn’t just the Rotation itself, but a proper application of it. If I had thrown it differently, I could’ve taken her arm and a large chunk of her torso clean off instead.”

“I would have honestly prefered that instead of losing control of my arm.” muttered Sora

“So you say,” Gilgamesh said before taking the steel ball and putting it back into the pouch and putting his gauntlet back on. “Now, two more demonstrations are in order. Is anyone going to volunteer or do I have to pick and choose once again?”

“I’ll stay on.” volunteered Sky Gear before forcing her arm back into the socket before feeling her right wrist, “Even if I do have a broken wrist.”

“Ah, let me fix that first,” he said and approached. He held her wrist in hands before inhaling deeply and activating his Hamon. He snapped the wrist back in place, yet despite the cringeworthy noise she didn’t even flinch. “There we go.”

“Thanks…” muttered Sora as she flexed her hand, “Ah right, Sky Gear, Trooper who’s only good quality is pain tolerance hope I can prove adequate enough for this next demonstration.” she introduced herself with a small smile and a mock salute.

“That definitely had to hurt Sky Gear. Need a healing spell?” HEART asked her.

Sky Gear turned her head to HEART and shook her head as she replied to HEART. “Gilgamesh has taken care of the problem, so there is no need. But thank you all the same.” She turned back to Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh chuckled. “Glad to see you can joke! Now if you’ll follow me please,” he said as he lead her over to the front of the group before stepping a few yards away from her. “Now, if you could hold up your hands like this,” he asked, holding up his arms in a surrender position.

Sky Gear nodded before copying the man but not without making a very quiet remark, “I honestly wish what I said earlier was a joke.”

“Well, as it turns out, pain tolerance is exactly what I need here,” he quipped before quickly tossing both of his steel balls at her, each one landing right into her palms. The sensation of her skin tightening distracted her for a moment from what he brought out next, until she heard the click of the submachine gun readying. She forced herself to stand still despite her training yelling at her to dodge out of the way, but that led her to stumble back as she felt the pain of the bullets hitting her skin.

“LIVE AMMO, ARE YO-!?” she screamed out only for him to stop firing and for her to notice she was still very much alive. If that wasn’t enough she saw a whole magazine worth of bullets on the floor around her and her body without any holes in it. “-u trying to... “ she didn’t complete her sentence taking a few deep breaths before looking in Gilgamesh’s eyes, “You wouldn’t tell me that would happen even if asked, would you?”

“Of course not. You might’ve flinched or done something else that could’ve caused me to screw up,” he replied as both balls launched from her hands and his before he put them both in the pouch.

Feeling her skin ease up Sora flexed her hands a bit before sighing, “I’ve got at least that amount control that I wouldn’t flinch for gun fire and being targeted, I almost jumped even though I wouldn’t have come far with your speed anyway.”

“That’s pretty impressive,” he said before turning to the class. “And just in case you’re wondering, if you master the Steel Ball and the Rotation you’ll be able to cause this effect on yourselves. That’s how one of my clones was able to take Cruger’s sword without taking any damage. Of course, I’m able to do that due to my own strength and durability. The rest of you would be able to take lead bullets as shown, but you probably won’t be able to stand up to anything armor-piercing. Also, as you can tell, it still hurts.” He turned back to Sora. “Thank you for being a wonderful sport. You can join the rest of the class again.”

Gilgamesh brought a hand to his chin and pondered for a moment as Sora rejoined the group. “On second thought, that’s enough demonstrations for today. Let’s get you all started.” He then pulled out a bucket and set it on the ground. “Everyone come and take one.” After a moment of hesitation they came forwards and saw the bucket was filled with champagne corks.


Sora stopped half way from the man before using one flap of her wings to redirect herself back towards Gilgamesh and noticed the corks, which she took one out and held it up to her eye before taking a few flaps and going into the sky so that the others could have space. She landed a distance away before holding the cork in her palm, wondering what this training would be.

“I must say these are quite the interesting techniques Sir Gilgamesh and very effective too.” PRINCESS HEART said as she took one of the champagne corks. “Well this should be fun.” She said as she went to rejoin the group.

“Now as I mentioned when we started out, the skills that will help you master Hamon will help you master the other two powers I will teach you, but that doesn’t mean their directly related. Those of you who have shown aptitude for Hamon may not be able to learn the other two. Those of you who failed to show the aptitude may be able to learn both of the others. Maybe you’ll be able to do all three, maybe you won’t be able to do any of them. The point is, do not look at your success or failure in one as a measurement of your aptitude in another. With that said,” he picked up a cork out of the bucket and flicked his fingers. The cork began to spin in his palm, almost like a bullet ready to be fired. “You will all try to be able to cause the corks you now have to spin in your palms with nothing more than one flick of your fingers. It doesn’t have to be as perfectly controlled as what I’m doing right here, it can even fly out of your hands. The point is you’ll be trying to make a powerful spinning motion in one movement. I’ll be giving you two days to get this down, which should be plenty of time to figure out if you can do it or not. This should also give those of you who can do Hamon time to practice some breathing techniques.”

A flash of green raced through the group and those who had shown the aptitude now had a folder in their hands. It took them a minute to figure out where they come from until they noticed Enkidu smirking smugly in the corner.

Night Stalker took a quick look into the folder and scanned the exercises. Some were simple things like meditation, others were a bit more extreme like holding one’s breath while sitting at the bottom of a pool with a heavy rock as assistance. The most impressive and daunting one was using the power of Hamon to actually walk on water.

“Alright class over for the day, I’ll see you all the day after tomorrow,” Gilgamesh stated.

“Um, didn’t you say that you’d be teaching us three things?” Jack Hunt asked.

“Well, first of all I don’t want to overload you with too much at once. Second,” he paused to look up at Cruger. “I need to have a little chat with your commander about specifics.” He turned back to the group. “Make sure to practice until then. Also, we’ll be having Prench cuisine tonight, courtesy of yours truly, so I hope you look forward to that. Until then, dismissed.”

“Very well then Sir Gilgamesh, I suppose I’ll see you later then.” PRINCESS HEART stated as she walked off practicing the spinning cork move.

“Prench? If that means he’s making it a fancy dinner, I’ll be in R&D with a linguica pizza and a bottle of Dr Pony” said Fetch as he gathered up his scanners.

“I’ll check out the food before most likely following you up with the rest of R&D.” said Sky Gear as she aided with the gathering of the scanners, “Besides I’d like to see any changes to the designs you can create on the fly with all this data.”

“If there is one thing all of R&D agrees on, it’s that we HATE fancy dinners” said Fetch with a smile. “Heck, getting some of us to remember to eat is hard enough. Too much stuff to do.”

“Hear, Hear to the simplicity. Though it’s kind of sad it’s me that has to tell you all to eat time to time.” said Sora with a shake of her head,
“Though I still remember the time when you all suddenly started to shout because Pinkie came by and gave you all a Midnight Cupcake.”


Time had passed and the sky was darkened by the night. A top that spins around and around on a simple coffee table, with Sky Gear watching it spin before looking down at the cork in the palm of her hand while sitting on her couch within her apartment within SPD Base. She had been trying to get the get cork to do more then spin for less than a second the entire day, sadly the cork didn’t seem to want to be controlled by the special Rotation. She sighed as she stopped the top and placed it back in a box among the small knickknacks she made or found, she gave the cork one final spin before spacing out while muttering her thoughts, not noticing it fly out of her hand while still spinning. When she came to she just shook her head, stood up while also picking up a empty can of apple juice and headed to bed after tossing said can into the kitchen garbage bin, tired in body and mind. If she looked back she would have seen the cork spinning away on the floor for 3 minutes before stopping spinning and lying down asleep much like the one that spinned it. But it didn’t have the same thought as her, ‘Did Princess Luna really bark like a dog at Sir Gilgamesh, when he took off his armor and clothing that was hiding his chest?’


PRINCESS HEART concentrated as the cork that spun on her palm then stopped before spinning again as she tried to get it to continuously spin for 2 minutes at the very least. “Come on, Come on, keep spinning...” She said as she concentrated more, her aura glowing purple around her. Suddenly as if drawn by the aura, the cork glowed as well before starting to spin faster and faster til it fired out of her palm to the wall piercing it and going through every wall after till it ended up somehow above Rainbow Dash’s head narrowly missing her as it landed in the cloud wall while spinning for a while longer before finally stopping, HEART’s eyes glowing white as her magic surged before canceling out finally, eyes returning to her natural color. She looked at the cork sized hole made in the wall and commented on it. “Huh...well that happened? Did I just succeed at the exercise?” She asked herself in surprise and confusion. “I should probably get someone to fix the walls, otherwise this will be awkward to explain to Commander Cruger...as cool as it is to see that actually happen in the first place.”


“So, what exactly did you want to talk about?” Cruger asked from behind his office desk.

Gilgamesh inhaled for a moment. “First, is about one of the tools that the Rotation can use,” he said before holding up a steel ball, this one having about five or six smaller balls resting in on it it. “It’s called the Wrecking Ball, and it a very powerful weapon that has it’s own uses. It even has an ability that’s unique to it. However, there’s one little problem. While the Steel Ball can be used to kill, this was made to kill. I want to know if you have any reservations about teaching how to use it to your troopers.”

Cruger looked over it for a minute before answering, “I suppose we can treat it like SWAT, training for it is separate, and only for those with the experience to use it wisely.”

“Alright,” Gilgamesh replied putting it away. “And secondly is about the third power I intend to teach them. There are two ways I can train them. One is more general, and though I won’t be able to help them develop it much it is safer. The other I’ll be able to help push them much further, but it comes with a risk. Remember how two of my clones took on different auras? The darker one is what I’m concerned about. It’s incredibly powerful, to the point that it can give a person enough destructive force that they could shatter an island to pieces with a punch. But this power is like a drug, it’s addictive and it can warp your mind. There are ways to suppress it, even safely use it in small doses, and there’s even an exact opposite force to it that doesn’t have such negative qualities. But the fact remains it’s one of the few powers I have that even I might call ‘evil.’ I’ll be honest, one of the only reasons I can use it the way I have is due to me being a displaced, and a powerful one at that. I’d of course teach them how to handle, but… well, there’s a difference between knowing how to do something and being able to do it.”

“It’s the Street Fighter ki right? Psycho Power? Or was it that other one?”

“No, not Psycho Power. It’s the two sides of Ansatsuken, the dark Satsui no Hadou and the light Mu no Ken. Or, to use their English names, ‘Assassin’s Fist’, ‘Surge of Murderous Intent’, and ‘Power of Nothingness’.”

“Ah yes, now I remember, Ryu vs Scorpion. Yeah, that’s a problem.”

“So, what do you think? Just general Ki manipulation, or something more involved that carries a risk?”

“Sorry, but I’m not sure I can take the risk. However, I do know a DBZ-verse Displaced, so I have a source for some next level ki.”

“Alright then, general Ki manipulation it is. Glad we could get that hashed out,” Gilgamesh replied, actually looking a bit relieved. “So, one last thing I want to ask. What are your thoughts on having a little get together here at SPD?”

“Let’s just say that our R&D department is currently on the verge of usurping Sugarcube Corner as Ponyville’s Party Central.”

Off in the distance something Pink shouted in anger.

“... I am suddenly terrified. You should at least make her a regular cook to ease the blow to her pride. But so long as you’re ok with it, I think she and I will do a bit of planning for something a few days from now.”

An invitation for a party planning party floated down from the ceiling to on top of Gilgamesh’s head.

“... Yeah, I should’ve expected that. And speaking of which, on a personal note, there’s something I want you to answer.”

“Ask away.”

Gilgamesh smirked. “When’s the last time someone was brave enough to actually ask your two royal charges to dance?”

Cruger chuckled, “A while. Although if you do plan on courting them, I will play the overprotective father role, and you know from experience that when I threaten to tear your heart out if you break theirs, I have the skill to back it up.”

“Hey hey, no courting here. My heart’s taken. But to be honest, I think they could actually do well from someone trying. They might be millenia year old royals, but they’re still mares. And if they’re anything like mine, they get tired of being put on a pedestal that no one thinks they can reach.”

“Celestia maybe, but I have it on good authority that Luna’s enjoying modern night life.”

“Oh ho, is that so? Maybe you’re not as strict a parent as I thought you were! Anyway, I’ve got some party planning to do and a few more lessons to hash out the details. Later puppy dog.”

“See you there, and don’t call me that again.”

“Whatever you say,” Gilgamesh said with a grin as he walked out the door.

Author's Note:

Who has mastered the powers of Hamon and Rotation? Who will learn the secrets of Ki? Just how big will the party be? Find out next time on SPD Emergency!


This crossover just won't end.:applejackconfused: I thought this would be the last part, but nope.:eeyup: Next one will be the last, hopefully, please?:applecry: I've got 2 more crossover chapters waiting.

By the way, concerning those chapters, would you like me to publish them now, or when this crossover is (finally) finished? Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/10575780

PreviousChapters Next