• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 10,572 Views, 901 Comments

SPD Emergency - cyberlord4444



Meet Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, head of SPD, SPD Shadow Ranger, founder of the Equestrian Royal Guard, former human-wait, what were those last 2?

  • ...
30
 901
 10,572

PreviousChapters Next
Personnel File 12: Dusk's Dawn

Author's Note:

Written by: Solphestus with some help from me

All I have to say, is that it's about time I got a File that wasn't written by Hoppa

“Ok, no reason to be nervous Dusk. It's just an entrance exam they aren't going to find out about ‘that’.” Dusk said to herself as she approached the entrance of SPD headquarters.

Dusk then walked through the front entrance before approaching the reception desk. “Um, I’m here to apply for one of the patrol trooper positions?” She told a green earth pony with a red mane behind the desk, according to the name plaque his name was Time Stamp

“Name?” Time Stamp asked as he pulled out a device with a list of names on it.

“Dusk Roze.” She replied, trying to not let her nervousness show.

“Dusk, Dusk, Dusk… Aha! Here you are, and right on time too!” Time Stamp said as he smiled at Dusk, “Good to see a pony who appreciates punctuality.” He then handed her a folder, “Here’s your room assignment and ID, preliminary testing starts tomorrow. You here because of the chief’s big recruiting push?”

“More like I finally worked up the nerve to try out.” Dusk chuckled weakly as she acepted the folder and ID from Time Stamp.

“Well,” Time Stamp said, “if it’s any comfort, you definitely won’t be the weirdest one here. Doc’s got that honor, although Heart and the Walker twins are strong contenders. Hope you make it.”

“Heh… Thanks.” Dusk said before walking further into the headquarters.

After she was sure that no one else was around she sighed in reliefas she walked down the halls of SPD headquarters in search of the room she was assigned in the barracks. After a couple minutes of wandering around and acquiring a map of the base she eventually found her room and happily went inside before locking the door behind her.

“Now I just have to continue hiding ‘that’ and I should be perfectly fine.” Dusk sighed as she walked over to the nearby desk and set down the folder and ID she had been given before she flopped onto the bed, falling asleep a few moments later.

After a good few hours of sleep Dusk yawned as she woke up and crawled out of the bed. After doing a few stretches she grabbed the folder off the desk and her ID before leaving her room. Pulling out the map she scanned over it a few times to get the layout of the headquarters before heading back to the front desk.

Once Dusk reached the front desk she tapped the bell to get Time Stamp’s attention. “Um… Where is the exam being held?” She asked politely.

Time Stamp sighed, “Orientation’s in Briefing Room B, level 48, which it clearly stated in the folder I gave you yesterday.”

Dusk blinked a few times before smiling sheepishly. “Oh... sorry, I forgot to read it…” She apologized before quickly galloping over to the nearest elevator and pressing the button for floor 48.

As the doors closed she quickly pulled out the folder and opened it, she then took out the keychain and put it and her ID in her pocket before skimming over the training information and orientation pamphlet. As soon as the elevator doors opened on floor number 48 she quickly got off and put the folder away before quickly making her way towards Briefing Room B. Once she reached the room she quickly went inside and got a seat in the back corner as the other applicants started to arrive as well.

As soon as the other applicants got settled a black thestral covered in scars walked up to the podium at the front of the room before clearing his throat. “Welcome to SPD cadets. I’m Edge Case, head trainer here. Now, I bet some of you are wonder how exactly SPD is different than the normal guard. Well, I can answer that for you, we make the guard look like foals playing pillow fort. SPD is a proud organization that was founded before Nightmare Moon, and let me tell ya, it has aged well. You remember Tirek? Well, after Princess Twilight Sparkle, with the combined power of the other princesses, failed to beat him, COMMANDER CRUGER MADE HIM CRY LIKE A LITTLE FILLY!!! The wedding of Shining Armor and Princess Cadance, that was interrupted by Changlings? For SPD that’s a normal work day. Make no mistake, SPD doesn’t go after petty pick-pockets or punks who like spreading graffiti, we go after monsters that you’d see in your nightmares, we know, Princess Luna confirmed it. Now, we’re not going to send you after them in a pretty dress, SPD is the most well equipped of any law-enforcement organization on the planet, Faust, the building you’re standing in can turn into a giant robot. However, we hold our personnel to as high a standard. Thinking of getting a free ride because your mommy’s a noble? Think again and give me 20 while your at it. Transferring from the regular guard and got a gold star because you kept your armor shinier than everypony else? Well maybe you can keep the bathrooms clean, cause that’s not gonna help when a dragon decides to eat a town. Prepare to work your flanks off, because starting now, you are no longer a pony, or mule, or griffin, you are a member of Space Patrol Delta, and it’s time you learned how to act like it.’”

Dusk silently stared at Edge Case for a few moments after his speech ended, feeling quite impressed by the Thestral. Shortly afterwards though the applicants started being split up into groups of 15 or so as they were led out of the briefing room. The groups were then led through the base to an outside training yard which consisted of running tracks, an obstacle course, what looked like some kind of soccer field, Etc… Over the next few hours, she put them to good use. She went through various different exercises, from 100 meter dashes to a kilometer long marathon. Long jump, hammer toss, obstacle run, and every exercise had the trainer in charge write down how well she did. To her relief she hadn't had to use ‘that’ the entire time, while it caused her to be more exhausted from not using it relying on it during the exam would surely get her caught and persecuted.

The groups were then dismissed, being told that the first part of the exam was over. Dusk then smiled as she slowly walked back to her room, stopping by a water fountain on the way before realizing she hadn't eaten anything yet.

She sheepishly looked around to make sure no one heard her stomach growl before she quickly pulled out her map and made her way towards the mess hall. After reaching the mess hall though all she could do was stare in shock at the size of the place. “Woah… It's bigger than my dad’s mansion in here!” She muttered from just inside the doorway.

“Must not have been a very big mansion then,” said a tan unicorn beside her, “hey, I’m Tome Guard.”

Dusk squeaked in surprise, not expecting anyone to hear her. “Um, hi… I’m Dusk Roze…” She said sheepishly.

“So,” Tome said, “how’d you do today?”

“Good I guess?” Dusk said as she fidgeted with a piece of her mane nervously.

“Okay…” Tome replied, “well, I heard that we had a few dropouts, mostly noble brats. Guess Edge wasn’t kidding huh?”

“I think he’s kinda cool, but yeah.” Dusk replied as she started walking towards the line to get food.

“True but I heard he can be a bit sadistic when he wants to be,” Tome replied, “you ever heard of something called Hell Week?”

“No? What's that?” Dusk asked, her interest piqued.

“Not sure,” Tome said, “but I heard that it’s so tough, that almost half of those who went in dropped out on the first day, and everypony who participated was a B-Squad trooper.”

“Sounds like something I’m going to avoid for the foreseeable future then…” Dusk replied, chuckling nervously as she got a plate and started piling food on it.

“No kidding,” Tome said as she filled her own plate, “although, there is another rumor that doesn’t sound so bad.”

Now normally Dusk wouldn't get involved with gossip but she couldn't resist due to everything around here seeming to be so interesting. “What is it?” She asked.

“Well,” Tome said, “you remember reading about code blue in your orientation pamphlet?”

“Sortof? I only skimmed over it.” Dusk admitted as she finished filling her plate and headed over to one of the tables to eat.

“Well,” Tome whispered conspiratorially, “I heard that the last time code blue was declared, this entire base went into another dimension. On top of that, I heard that the commander regularly meets with beings from other dimensions as well. In fact, I think there’s security footage of one of these beings, as well as two Twilights.”

Dusk just stared at Tome for a few seconds as her jaw metaphorically fell off. “SERIOUSLY!?” She shouted before covering her mouth, “You have to be pulling my leg, that's practically unheard of!”

“No joke,” Tome said, “I heard one of the R&D guys talk about it, something about a ‘Displaced’ somepony helping them finish a project, then Cruger and two unknown people fighting off an alien invasion with strange monsters they commanded.”

Dusk stared in shock for a few moments before shaking herself and started eating. After she and Tom finished eating she decided to continue the conversation. “I knew this place was going to be interesting, but not that interesting…” She sighed, “so what is there to do around here? I want to have a look around before the next part of the exam tomorrow so I don't get lost again like when I first got here yesterday...”

“I’m not too sure myself,” Tome admitted, “I just arrived yesterday too, rather late. How about we explore after the tests are over, deal?” She asked, raising her glass.

“Deal.” Dusk replied, raising her own glass.

PreviousChapters Next