• Published 12th Jan 2016
  • 727 Views, 30 Comments

Ruby - TheHeartsSisters



Hi. My name is Ruby. This is a story of how I found out I am a princess, the daughter of Cadence and Shining Armor, and one of 3 triplet sisters. Its a lot to take in, but its way better than the life I lived as an adopted little filly.

  • ...
17
 30
 727

Chap 3 - Sweet and Sour 16

Author's Note:

This whole chapter needs to be changed because of the new chapter 1. The events are all wrong and already the way its written is trash. Don't read until you wanna hate...


The raindrops of yesterday still stick to the windows like clear glue on a clear sheet on paper. Birds sung beautifully in the cool Winter sky. It was almost Spring time.

When I woke up I could smell pancakes and muffins. The aroma filled my nose with happiness. I shifted my body to the edge of my bed and moaned from the intoxicating smell. I opened my eyes slowly and yawned a little before tossing the covers off my body, sitting up and walking out my room to the kitchen.

In the kitchen, a plate with buttercup muffins and hazelnut pancakes sat on the table. “Ooo, yummy,” I said to myself. I sat down at the table and looked around to see who’s breakfast it was. Maybe Kasper cooked it for me. A day early birthday breakfast perhaps? “I love that colt.”

I cut into the cakes and brought the fork to my mouth when all of a sudden… “NOOOOOO!!!!!!” a colts voice screamed. Before I could turn my head, I was tackled.

A brown hoof stepped on my back legs and pinned me uncomfortably to the ground. “Ow!” I cried, “Hey, what gives?!”

The large brown colt stepped off of me and to my surprise, it was Flare. “That was for Sapphire, you numb skull,” he yelled.

“Hey! I’m not the numb skull!” I yelled back, “Next time leave a note, dumb ass!”

“You can’t just assume it’s for you, Princess!”

“I thought Kasper made it for me, Prince!” Flare groaned into his hooves in anger and walked away from me mumbling to himself.

Sometimes I wished Sapphire was born on the same day as me and Emerald. It's a long story as to how she's our triplet, but was born a day before us. According to our birth certificates, Sapphire was born at 11:55 pm in February on a 13th of Friday. Me and Emerald were born on Valentine's Day shortly after. I was born at midnight and Emerald, five minutes later. We were all supposed to be born on Valentine's Day but some how Sapphire came just a bit earlier.

Speaking of Sapphire. "Argh... What is going on in here?" Sapphire groaned as she rubbed her eyes in the hallway.

"Oh, Blue Eyes," Flare blushed nervously. I could see him sweating buckets. "Happy Birthday!" He then ran up to Sapphire and kissed her on the cheek.

"Oh, thanks," Sapphire said blankly. She looked at me and mouthed out the words, "Should I tell him?"

I shook my head 'no.' "I made you pancakes," Flare said shyly. He levitated the plate of pancakes to her and bowed at her hooves like he was a servant. He was shaking hard. Even his magic made the plate quiver in fear.

Sapphire giggled. "Did you get hungry?" She joked.

"Yes... I MEAN NO!! IT WAS RUBY THAT ATE THEM!!" Flare suddenly got mad at me and shot a quick glare my way. I just crossed my legs and leaned up against the wall, smirking. Flare looked back at Sapphire and prayed for forgives. "Please."

Sapphire laughed, breaking character. "Flare, you crazy colt, why are you so scared of me?"

"What do you mean? I'm celebrating your birth! Didn't you want everything to do completely perfect?!"

Sapphire looked over Flare shoulder and asked me, "Should I tell him?" I nodded to her and she giggled a bit more. She looked back and Flare. "Babe, me and Ruby started a tradition were we don't celebrate until the exact second we were born. We started it when I first moved into with her."

"I started it with Honey when she got older," I added with a bright smile, "Smart little filly, am I right Sapphire?"

"Damn straight," Sapphire smiled, "And even though I like the idea of birthday breakfast, maybe you can do it some other time, Flare. Besides, who needs food when..." Sapphire pulled Flare closer and finished whispering the rest in his ear.

As she spoke, Flare's ears twitched and blushed bright red. "Oh, really," he smirked. Sapphire nodded. "Well, why not now?"

Sapphire took Flare's hoof and walked away, leaving me in the kitchen confused. "What about her pancakes?" I asked.

"You can have them!" Sapphire answered as they walked away. I heard her door slam shut and alone I was. Sometimes I wonder about them..... Mostly Sapphire.

I looked at the pancakes and took a bite from off the fork, but the second it touched my tongue, I spit it out. "Ewww!!" I cried. I turned to the hallway and screamed, "You needs to join a cooking class!"


To me, it seems like an every two months thing. Here we were, in the ballroom for yet another party. Does Princess Celestia just approve of everything we do as long as we don't burn the place down? It's weird to have free rein like this. I don't really like it. I need rules in my life. At least Sapphire seemed to like the power even if she can just do something silly like stay up all night. She was finally happy and that's all I needed.

At 11 o'clock at night, the sun was down and Celestia was asleep. The moon was out and Luna was awake. Our dad had guard duty and couldn't stay long, but at least Princess Twilight... I mean, auntie Twilight could stay with us. I had no doubt that she would too busy in between friendship problems to stay. She shouldn't have had to leave even thought I expects there wouldn't be one that late at night. Besides the fact that me and Sapphire get to see our favourite princess again - only as our aunt - our new boyfriends are giving us all the gold in the world... Probably.

When Kasper raised our star, he came straight to the party. "Hey, I'm not late, am I?" he asked.

"Not at all," I said smiling, "Sapphire just went to get Emma."

"Great!" I guided him to the cake table where Solar and Flare stood eyeing the cake. I said nothing until I saw Flare's horn glow. That's when I slapped him. He turned to me then to Kasper then back at me.

He then stretched him hoof out towards me and looked at Kasper with a 'control yo girl' look. "Dude!" he exclaimed.

"What?" Kasper said.

"You ain't gon' do nothin' 'bout that?!"

Kasper looked at me and smiled. "Oh, right." Before I could react, Kasper swept me off my hooves and kissed me.

"Really?" Flare said annoyed at us.

Kasper broke the kiss and looked up at his brother. "What!?" he said again.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." Kasper looked back down at me with a smile. My face was bright red which is probably what he was smiling as.

"Now I get it." He then dipped me and kissed me again.

"Oh, come on!" Flare exclaimed. When Kasper let me back up, my entire face was as red as his right eye.

Solar was just standing there laughing at Flare's disappointment and my red confused face. "That's what you get," he said.

Flare glared at him. "You can't talk 'cause that's why Emerald still isn't your mare friend," he smirked. Solar's ears drooped. "Yeah, so shut up."

"No," I said, "You shut up." Flare turned to me as his mane flared up again. I took a step back until I bumped into somepony tall. I turned, bowed and apologized thinking that it was one of the princesses. I was kind of right.

"No need for that, my niece," the pony said. To my surprise, I looked up to see my auntie Twilight. "Next time, just look where you walk, Ruby."

"Princess Twilight!" I squealed. She spread her hooves to me and hugged me tight.

I feel like I failed to mention that me and Sapphire lived right next door to her. She was our auntie before she was our auntie. Me and Sapphire loved her and never wanted to leave her. After we found out we were Princess Cadence's daughters, however, we knew we would see her again.

At the same time she got to the party, Sapphire and Emerald walked in. "Where da alcohol at!?" Sapphire exploded, raising her hooves to the sky. Emerald slammed her hoof to her face and, quite frankly, so did I.

"Sapphire....!" Twilight said, "How happy to... See you again...?"

"TWILY!!" Sapphire screamed as she jumped on top of Twilight, tackling her to the ground, "I knew we'd meet again!"

"So did I, my little hot stone." I giggled at Sapphire who blushed in embarrassment.

"Twily, don't call me th-..." she started to say.

"And THAT'S another thing!" Twilight shouted. The room around her and Sapphire took a pause. "You call me aunt, auntie, or sister mama Twilight!" Instantly, Flare busted out laughing.

"Sister mama Twilight! HA!" he cried.

Twilight talked over his laugher. "You can't just call me Twi, or Twily, or Twilight for that matter anymore. I gave you enough leeway." I snickered at my sister causing Twilight to turn to me. "That goes for you too, Ruby. Respect me, damn it!"

I froze dead in my tracks. "Yes, auntie," I said. I then walked away and thought to myself, "Even though I always respected you, aunt or not...."

"Good," she said. She then turned to Emerald and smiled. "But I don't expect anything bad from you."

Emerald hid behind Solar and murmured, "Sure.... I guess...." Twilight turned to me and Sapphire. Sticking her nose in the air, she walked away. I have never been so jealous in all my life, but I'm pretty sure Sapphire has.


Sadly, I was wrong about auntie Twilight not having to leave. The second Sapphire was turning 16 her ass started glowing out of nowhere and she was like, "Oh... Sorry girls. I have to go fix a friendship problem." Then me and Sapphire were like, "YES!!" Twilight sneered at us but we didn't really care because when she left the party was 'jumping' as Sapphire calls it.

"I'm sorry I have to go, Ruby," our aunt said, "But I'll be back tomorrow."

"Yeah, yeah," Sapphire said carelessly, "Go help ponies and all that. Stay safe and don't forget to write." I slapped the back of her head as hard as I could. She let out a loud 'Ow!' and growled at me.

"What Sapphire means is please get home safe and thanks for coming," I said angrily gritting my teeth. Auntie Twilight giggled at us, hugged us all and left with a big smile on her face. This is where things got crazy.... For Sapphire that is.

With only six ponies and a gender ratio of one to one, we slowly started splitting apart into groups of two. Me and Kasper trailed off to the pouch table, Sapphire and Flare made out in a corner, and Emma and Solar were dancing on the dance floor. We all were having our little fun until Sapphire got drunk again.

"RUBY!!!" she screamed from across the room. I groaned in irritation and turned to her. "Get me another cider! I'm thirsty!" The cup she had wasn't even finished. She looked into it like I magically Poofed it into her cup, brought the cup to her lips and tilted it upward about to drink it.

"I think you've had enough," Flare said, taking the cup away from her. It was the first smart thing I've ever seen him do. Sapphire reached for the cup like a foal desperately reaching for it's bottle. She even started cry.

"WAAHHHH!!! I WANT IT!!!" she wined.

"No, Sapphire," I said walking up to her. She glared at me and I stuck my tongue out at her. When I turned my back to her she throw the cup at me with her magic. To bad she missed. I turned my head back at her and shot daggers with my eyes.

Flare grabbed Sapphire and moved her to a different corner. "We'll just...." he said with a pause, "... Be over here, OK?" He moved her to a different corner. If it wasn't for them moving, I probably would have slapped Sapphire twice in one night.

I groaned as walked back to the punch table. "Don't get upset, Ru-Ru," Kasper said giving me a cup, "Your birthday starts in a minute." He was right. It was almost midnight. "Come on. Let's get some cake."

I smiled. "I'd like that," I said, "I'd like that a lot." At midnight, everypony gather around to sing me Happy Birthday. Then five minutes later we sang to Emerald.

That night, I felt like we all were family.... Me and my sisters I mean. I've only known Emerald for two mouths and Sapphire for about two years. But I felt like we knew each other since we were born. I guess when you first meet your real family you feel that way. Why? You just do and life is like that. Except it and move on!


"Happy birthday, sweetheart," mommy said as she gave me a present wrapped in red and pink wrapping paper. I took it into hooves and shook it a little. Could it be?

"No way!" I screamed. I had no doubt it was the present I had been begging for. I ripped through the wrapping paper like it was my job. When I saw what was inside, I screamed louder. "YES!!!!! YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!"

I hugged my mommy and kissed her on the cheek. "Your quite welcome," she said. My mommy and daddy bought me a new art kit. I was so happy that when daddy came home, I ran up to him and thanked him for my present. He sneered at me and pushed me off of himself. I step back and looked up at him, sad. He looked like he didn't care.

As he walked away from me, he asked mommy about dinner. "It's in the kitchen, baby," mommy said to him. Without thanking her, he walked into the kitchen. "Um, Short Cut?"

"What!" daddy answered rudely.

"Well, its just that you haven't said anything to Ruby today." He poked his head into the living room and looked at me blankly. I smiled, waiting for a big 'Happy birthday Ruby!' Sadly, that's not what he said.

"Why is there bits of wrapping paper all over the floor?!" he asked angrily. I looked down at the floor in front of me. "Clean that up!"

At that moment, I had some weird feeling of some sort. He did wrap my present, right? "It's from the present you..." I started to say.

"Now!" he interrupted, demandingly. I frowned but slowly started picking up the paper. "And don't you dare use magic! You know what happened the last time you disobeyed me!"

Mommy looked confused. "What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Nothing. After I eat, I'm going to bed." Daddy went back in the kitchen again and fixed him some food.

That night, my mommy wanted to ask me what I did, but I refused to say. If only she knew how scared I was. If only she knew what daddy did when I was bad. This all started when she came into their lives. I was not jealous. I did not hate her! I just wanted things to go back to the way it was. Just me and mommy and my nicer daddy. But know its me, mommy, somepony who looks like my daddy, and..... Honey.

Comments ( 2 )

Before I read it, what is the Dark tag for?
and how bad does it get?

7894239 Its not at the Dark stuff yet but when it gets there its mostly going to be domestic abuse in flashbacks. It get really bad to point were I nearly cry but its might not be that bad. Most just yelling is involved.

Login or register to comment