• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 394 Views, 33 Comments

Heroes Of The Realms - Ninyn



Sequel to Heroes Of Equestria and far side story to Realms Unite. In this story you will encounter not only new pony characters but other worldly characters as well.

  • ...
5
 33
 394

Chapter 13 Tides Change

Nightshade and Nightwalker stood side by side eyeing the heroes before them. A chill ran down Ninyn's spine, "Nightshade I know you're there! Come back!" he yelled. No response was given.

Nightwalker cackled with glee, "He only listens to me or the girls now! You cannot win this fight-!" he said but Goku lunged forward and punched Nightwalker in the face. Nightwalker fell back snapping his fingers. Nightshade turned and punched Goku hard across the jaw sending the sayain flying!

Ninyn lunged forward and kicked at Nightshade but his attack was blocked. Nightshade twisted Ninyn's leg as he slammed him into the ground. Goku tried to stand but fell back. Night-shade's strike had knocked any remaining energy he had left out his body. Star Bright and Thyme appeared next to the sayain.

"What happened?!" Star Bright cried. Goku chuckled softly as blood trickled down his chin. Star Bright helped Goku up and pushed some light into his body. Thyme was wide eyed as she looked around at the Realm Of Shadows. Star Bright looked to Thyme, "We have to get back," she said.

Thyme shook her head, "I have to go save Ninyn. He's got no back up," she said slapping her wrists together. Star Bright frowned but Thyme giggled, "Don't worry. I had a double shot of espresso. I can handle myself," she said as armor began to cover her body. The black armor clamped over the ponies body turning her into her partial human form. Blue flame designs lined the wrists of her armor and the symbol of Thyme's cutie mark was engraved and colored on the back.

Thyme bent back and jumped high sending out a shockwave as she left. Star Bright frowned, "I'll send for whatever help I can send!" she said. Thyme was already flying.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightshade and Nightwalker both hacked and slashed at Ninyn. Despite the effort they threw out Ninyn barley held on. Exeleon morphed into dual blades and Ninyn was able to bring out a better defense against the duo.

Ninyn's sentient mode faded and his strength greatly decreased! Ninyn fell back and Nightwalker grabbed Ninyn and tossed him through the air. Nightshade jumped up high and brought down his arms in a massive attack smashing down into Ninyn sending him through several pillars!

Ninyn struggled to stand and got to his feet holding his blades at the ready. Nightshade quickly appeared before him and slashed forward with Shiekatsu Ryu. Ninyn blocked the first strike but Nightshade struck down with Shin Ryu and knocked Ninyn's other blade from his hand.

Ninyn pushed Nightshade back with all his might and began to make a run for it. Night-walker jumped in front of him and smacked Ninyn with the end of his scythe. Bone cracking could be head as Ninyn was thrown into another pillar that came toppling on top of him.

Nightwalker readied a blast but a bolt of lightning struck the monster. Thyme came down and started to pull the rubble off of Ninyn. Ninyn was covered in grime. Blood ran down the front of his face. A shard of stone protruded from his left shoulder and his right hand was turning blue.

"Geez what were you thinking?!" Thyme cried. Ninyn coughed hard and tried to move but his limbs wouldn't respond. Thyme pulled out a vial of white liquid and forced Ninyn to drink it. Quickly the visible wounds began to heal. Ninyn started to rise but he stumbled as stars danced around. Thyme frowned, "Can you manage to run?" she asked.

Ninyn sighed and rubbed his head, "I can manage… We have to go I should-!" Ninyn was cut off as Nightshade came crashing down separating the two. Nightshade now only held a crackling Shin Ryu. Thyme turned to see Nightwalker and growled activating her super armor.

Ninyn grabbed his blade up once more and fought Nightshade with rapid strikes. The dark aura around Nightshade blazed in fury. Red lightning crackled around Shin Ryu. Ninyn could feel the pain the blade was feeling in the hands of its now corrupt master.

Thyme struggled to repel each of Nightwalkers vicious strike but was able to land a couple hits here and there. The monster only laughed as he kicked the pegasi through a wall swinging his scythe like a fan blade. Thyme took flight and went to higher ground. The monster followed… The pegasi held her ground… "I hate you," Thyme said. Nightwalker cackled as he swung his scythe from below sending up a massive dark matter wave.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galaxy had taken Goku back to his realm for proper healing. Ozrick and Vlad had been put in a chamber Alchelm had specifically designed any emergency. Twilight and her friends were exhausted and resting in Equestria.

Star Bright had armor on at the ready along with Scarlet Blitz and a new pony with odd metallic armor over his body. Scarlet had brought the stallion along for his expert long distance training he had gone through with the equestrian military. The stallion was Sniper Streak. He wasn't a bulky soldier or great at combat skill, but his thin structure allowed him quick movement on tough terrain.

Kisashi walked up to the pony sentient and put a hand on her shoulder. Star Bright looked up at Kisashi and smiled. The Ninja chuckled, "Rest. The amount of loss you've felt can't be good for your energy. I will go with them to rescue Ninyn and Thyme… And hopefully Nightshade as well," he said.

Star Bright sighed and nodded slowly, "Be careful," she said. Odion was busy handling a distressing matter back in his own realm. Elustar was distraught with the disappearance of the fairy tail guild. Things in the realms seemed rather distant… Nightwalkers sickness was spreading to the other realms slowly… Without any of them noticing it had giving other dark beings higher powers of the light.

Kisashi looked to Scarlet and Sniper nodding. The three hadn't a clue to what they would find but they knew their friends needed them. Things were looking very grim indeed….
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thyme's armor and clothing was starting to shred. Her hair was all matted from the grime fighting Nightwalker. The pegasi smiled, "I've drawn and built tougher designs than you," she said wiping the blood off of her mouth.

Nightwalker laughed and slashed forward with his scythe sending out a volley of black lightning. Thyme held up her arms getting knocked over the edge of the balcony. The shock of the blast shook her body as she hit the ground hard!

Nightshade was pressing in on Ninyn. Ninyn couldn't keep up with this dark and vicious version of his brother. Nightshade slammed Shin Ryu down knocking Exeleon from Ninyn's grasp. Ninyn put energy into his fist and aimed for Nightshade's throat but the corrupt warrior turned and kicked Ninyn in the chest. Ninyn fell against a wall that was leaning back over the cavern. Nightshade lunged forward and stabbed Ninyn through the shoulder.

The electricity and fire from Shiny Ryu tore though Ninyn viciously. Ninyn screamed in agony and Nightshade laughed. Thyme quickly got to her feet and ran fast taking flight as she jumped high. Nightwalker flew after her but was drained from the fighting. Thyme put one arm out and smashed into Nightshade hard. Thyme rolled onto the ground with Nightshade.

Nightshade flipped up onto his feet as he grabbed Thyme by the leg and threw her into several pillars. Thyme cried out in pain as one of her wings broke. She skidded to a stop on her back. Thyme's body ached as she turned over onto her stomach trying to rise. Nightwalker landed next to her and slammed his scythe into her lower leg pinning Thyme to the ground. The bite of Nightwalker's scythe made her shiver and shake but she felt Nightwalker advance.

The monster smiled as he bent in front of her, "You are a brilliant light that the realms need Ms. Flies… You are attached to many things and people. I applaud you for fighting against me with your creations… However…" Nightwalker rose and walked behind Thyme. Thyme tried to rise but Nightwalker stomped on her back with his foot in between her wings, "These attachments have got to go!" he yelled as he grabbed her wings. Thyme's eyes widened as she felt Nightwalker pulled on her wings hard! The pegasi cried and wailed in pain. The monster cackled as he ripped Thyme's wings out of her back!

Thyme was crying hard and Nightwalker looked at the wings in his hands smiling as her burned them to a crisp. Nightwalker pulled his scythe free and twirled it in his hand, "This is the end for you my dear…" he growled. Nightwalker swung his scythe down hard and the sound of metal rang throughout the fortress.

Kisashi was kneeling behind Nightwalker with Thyme in his arms. The girl was bleeding and knocked out cold from the pain. Scarlet landed next to Kisashi as he took Thyme from his arms. Kisashi turned and drew forth his scarlet katana. Nightwalker laughed hysterically, "So the mute of the sentients finally decides to join the fray. I'm surprised Kisashi. You honor me with you silence," he said faking a bow. The look in the sentients eyes told no mercy would be given to the monsters for the crimes he had done. Energy and chakra swirled and the sentient closed his eyes ready for the challenge.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ninyn was lying against the wall unconscious. Shin Ryu was still pierced through the boys shoulder but it's abilities silenced from the separation with its wielder. Nightshade limped back to the sword and pulled it free. Lightning slightly sparked as the familiar touch of its master held it tight.

Nightshade twirled the blade in his hand and brought it up high. Nightshade slashed forward but he froze. A slight pull on his mind caught his attack. The warmth of his friends… The love and compassion for this boy… His brother! Nightshade grabbed at his head in agony trying to fight the darkness but the energy around drilled into his mind fighting back. With an unknowing move he slashed towards Ninyn!

A gunshot broke the air as a sharp bullet pierced through Nightshade's hand before it the strike pulled through. On a cliff far from the fortress Sniper sat eyeing the sentient king. The man cried out a second in pain as he turned and sent out a bolt of energy towards his location.

Sniper rolled to the side and shot again barely dodging the bolt. Nightshade ducked behind a pillar. Scarlet came from around the corner with an arrow drawn as she pinned Nightshade to the pillar with it. The arrow was glowing dark violet. The energy in Nightshade seemed to drain and a sliver of light could be seen in his eyes again.

Nightshade looked at Scarlet and winced as the darkness drilled into him again. Scarlet shot another arrow that opened up tying Nightshade to the pillar. Nightshade roared and struggled to break the restraint as Scarlet picked up Ninyn and started to fly away. Nightshade broke free and jumped around the corner only to be hit by a sticky bullet that plastered over his head.

Scarlet got to Sniper and laid Ninyn next to Thyme. Sniper put his sniper away, "We should get moving," he said. Scarlet nodded and looked back to the fortress where purple and yellow energy flashed. Sniper put a hand on her shoulder, "We've got a duty to fulfill. These two need immediate medical attention. They won't last much longer if her don't hurry!" he yelled.

Scarlet turned back to Sniper and picked up Thyme, "Let's go… You get blood and grimy there," she said. Sniper rolled his eyes as he threw Ninyn over his shoulder. The two ran fast as the fight in the fortress continued.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kisashi was barely breaking a sweat against Nightwalker. The monster had been greatly drained from his fight with Ninyn and Thyme. The Ninja sentient smiled coyly as he leapt up high against a pillar throwing multiple lightning shuriken at Nightwalker.

Nightwalker put up his arms taking the strike. Nightshade jumped at the sentient blades drawn but Kisashi easily blocked the strike and pushed Nightshade's blade's put wide. Kisashi pushed off of the pillar and grabbed Nightshade by his throat and threw him into Nightwalker!

Kisashi landed on his feet as he slammed his katana into the ground sending up a wave of hot wind. The gust blew his opponents back far. Kisashi felt Sniper and Scarlet exit through the portal and nodded turning back to his opponents. Nightwalker and Nightshade both slashed down with their weapons hard but Kisashi easily stepped between the two forming two lightning rasengans!

"Lightning Style: Rasendori!" Kisashi yelled as he slammed the chakra orbs into the two hard! Lightning coursed through their bodies sending up a massive explosion. The two were sent flying in opposite directions and both lay unconscious paralyzed. Kisashi turned to leave in time to see Alyra walking through a portal.

The woman eyed the sentient and Kisashi put his blade away. The girl ran forward slashing her spear as him but Kisashi hopped over her chopping the back of her neck slightly knocking her unconscious. Kisashi saw the aura around her fade quickly and the darkness seemed to be leaking from her body slightly… With a turn Kisashi disappeared leaving the shattered area to its master.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alchelm and Raven were in the chamber helping Star Bright lay Ninyn and Thyme out on cots. Quickly the two men began cleaning the two up. Star Bright walked out throwing up the curtains knowing they'd strip Thyme and Ninyn.

Scarlet and Sniper were sitting in the throne room with their weapons at their sides watching as Kisashi came back through the portal and closing it. Star Bright saw the sentient and frowned.

Kisashi sighed looking at Star Bright, "I could not bring Nightshade back… The darkness was far too thick in his system…" he said. Scarlet frowned at the news and Star Bright seemed to be on the verge of tears.

Star Bright choked on her cries, "Now what? Ninyn and Thyme are both in serious conditions! Raven thinks that Ninyn won't wake for a long while… The pain inflicted on Thyme might leave her crippled… We don't have anyone else who can stand against Nightwalker and Nightshade both…." She cried sadly.


"Now that's not true milady," Sniper said standing up. Scarlet looked at the stallion startled by his words. Sniper coughed slightly as Kisashi eyed him, "We may be going up against immeasurable odds… But if there's one thing I know from listening to Scarlet's and Thunder's stories about the people they've seen… It's that there's always a way. You will find a way to win… Some way somehow… I know it. Regardless if I must I will help even if it means dying at your sides," he said.

Star Bright wiped the tears from her eyes as she looked as Sniper. Kisashi chuckled softly looking at the pony, "Your kind never ceases to amaze me. Your undying courage to help those in need. Even the stone hard ponies have a spot in the realms. You're right Sniper… We will find a way. It's who we are," he said.

Though the bright talk the heroes could feel the dark shadow reaching across their minds. This time… The realms mightiest heroes might not even be enough… But they were willing to fight for what they still believed in… It was time for a revolution the realms had never seen in any of their ages.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roars of anger and rage could be heard echoing throughout the fortress. Anru and Alyra both cringed as Nightshade thrashed about his aura of energy blazing. The Sirens shielded their eyes. A final roar could be heard and they stared at Nightshade. The man's hair had grown darker and longer. His eyes no longer held the blue hue they once had. Only blood red eyes filled t he sockets of the warrior.

Nightwalker had forcibly fused his own being back with his original body only this time he was in control. The power of the realms coursed through the monsters body. With a wave of his hand Nightwalker restored the half of the fortress destroyed from the battle. The monster cackled with glee.

Nightwalker turned towards his minions smiling, "The mood has been set. The end of the realms has begun…. Darkness shall stretch across the lands. Hope and Light have been silenced and the dying cries of the heroes shall echo far! Nothing can help the realms now not even that which the remaining heroes hold close to their hearts will be enough....... Their beliefs and the courage they hold close to their heart will carry them onto the fields of battle... Fighting for what they strongly believe in when all else is lost..... They will fall one by one… And we will stand victorious…. This is the end!" he yelled as thunder and lightning rolled across the fields filled with the hordes of Exion and other creatures from across the realms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equestria's skies were cast over with moonlight and the stars shined bright. Luna cast a look over a glade… A small sparkle could be seen from the small lake… A voice called to the princess of the night and she stopped in mid-flight hearing the hollow words, "It's not over yet…"

Author's Note:

This is the grim tide ending for Heroes Of The Realms! I worked my mind to the core to write the details for the fighting! I hope you all don't think I'm favoring a side for the story because I'm not lol. This is probably my second favorite chapter I've ever written! I hope you all enjoyed it! Thank you! Please leave a comment or something XD ~ Ninyn

Comments ( 2 )

Woo! Quite the fight and an awesome entrance for my OC! Great work on the chapter as always!

6886328

That's the finale for this story

Login or register to comment