• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 394 Views, 33 Comments

Heroes Of The Realms - Ninyn



Sequel to Heroes Of Equestria and far side story to Realms Unite. In this story you will encounter not only new pony characters but other worldly characters as well.

  • ...
5
 33
 394

Chapter 12 Sacrifice

Alyra stalked the Everfree forest listening to the change of the tone around her. The magic she felt within the forest was crazy strong. In a patch Alyra found a wonderful lake. She couldn't believe her eyes… The beauty… The magic that flowed through this very spot sent chills down her spine.

For a second Alyra could almost feel relaxed but a bolt of dark matter shook through her body reminding her of her prison… She hoped this would soon be over…. In the distance Alyra could hear a sweet melodic tune from down the stream. Alyras eyes turned pitch black as she headed down the stream.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melodies cottage was in full bloom at this time and Silver String couldn't help but revel in the garden's beauty. The scent of the flowers relaxed his mind. All thought about the past and the current events of Night Glade were nearly gone from his mind. However, the past and the pain always found a way through. Poor Scarlet was a wreck… Melody and Noel were both finding their own way through the loss. Thunder Wing was now by Scarlets side back in The Crystal Empire. Twinblade was off on some errands for the princesses.

Silver sighed and looked the cottage home where Melody and Noel both practiced the singing magic they learned from Star Bright, "I guess it's time for me to get back to my duties as well," he said. Silver went to the cottage and bid the happy duo farewell and disappeared back into the Everfree to his house of gadgets.

Alyra came to a clearing and saw the beautiful cottage. The melodic tune the ponies created disoriented Alyras vision. She growled low and ducked into the forest once more. A fight for a later time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nighttime soon arrived and the two heroes sat out in the garden relaxing in the moonlight. Noel looked to Melody and smiled, "Things are going to better. I know it," he said softly. Melody turned to the yellow pony and smiled. Noel sighed and turned his gaze towards the sky. The stars were brighter than they usually were. Thank Princess Luna for that, Noel thought.

"N-noel… Do you think Night Glade's alright? I mean… Do you think he's happy where he's at?" Melody asked. Noel frowned and he stood to look at the mare. Her eyes were glazed over with a starry glow.

The stallion sighed softly, "If there's something I've learned from being around Nightshade and Glade… It's that you've always have to hold on. Glade's definitely alright. I just know it," he said kissing her softly. Melodies eyes widened and a tear escaped her gaze as she found herself kissing him back.

"Now isn't that sweet," A shrill voice called. Noel pulled back and turned to see Alyra in the meadow. Alyras eyes swirled with negative energy. Noel felt her gaze bore into his soul, "I waited all day for the two of you to take a break! That foul music! It was horrifying!" she screeched.

Noel smiled, "You must be the one who killed Glade… I have to say I'm rather honored to have finally met you… Because now I get the honor of taking you to The Sentients. You're going to pay for what you've done," he said.

Alyra rolled her eyes, "Save me the petty hero talk," she said slashing her spear through the air. Noel smiled and hummed a mellow tune throwing up a magical barrier that rebounded her attack. Alyra dodged to the side and glared at Noel.

Melody stood her eyes blazing like the morning sun, "This is for our friend!" she yelled as she started to sing a dark tune. Alyras eyes widened as magical darts started firing at her! It was just like the training she had with Nightshade. Alyra dodged each dart easily and sent out another wave of dark matter at the ponies.

Noel put up another barrier and Melody sent out a wave of light as she cried out with a high tune! Alyra was sent flying through the trees! Melody and Noel both ran for through the forest heading for Ponyville but Alyra soon blocked their path.

"I'm sorry but I can't let you get to your friends!" Alyra said. Melody and Noel both were sweating hard. Their magic was rapidly draining after all the practicing they had done they weren't ready to even fight someone like Alyra! Alyra advanced, her gaze never faltering as she lunged at the ponies once more.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goku and Naruto quickly knocked aside any remaining Exion guards. Rainbow Dash flew through the halls with a crowd of Exion following. Applejack and Twilight waited as Rainbow Dash sped past them towards the dungeons exit. Twilight and Applejack pulled on a sharp and slick string as the Exion ran through getting blown to bits as they made contact with the string.

Applejack looked at Twilight, "What just happened?" she asked.

Twilight wrapped up the string and put it in her pouch, "It's something Lady Elustar taught me while Nightshade was recovering from his injuries after we fought Roark. I put an impact spell on the string and it rebounds any contact into an explosive blast back at the victim," she said. Applejack made a face and turned to slam her sword into the ground knocking back some more Exion.

Twilight finally found the cell holding Ozrick and Vlad, "Alrighty… Now what?" she asked twiddling her fingers. Applejack rolled her eyes and slammed her sword into the door but the attack had no effect. "It seems to be protected by a wall of dark matter," Twilight said.

"Am I interrupting anything ladies?" Nightwalker said from behind. Twilight and Applejack turned weapons drawn. The monster laughed, "Oh please ladies I have no means of fighting you two. We both know I can easily overpower you," he said with a sharp grin.

"Now why in the hay would we wanna trust you?!" Applejack growled. Nightwalker rolled his eyes and swept his hand to the side and the sound the door unhinging could be heard. Twilight looked to the door and back to Nightwalker. Nightwalker chuckled, "It may not sound worth it but I believe me when I say this… Take the prisoners. They're more resilient than I had thought… I have no further use for them. They've served their purpose. I figured I could show what little mercy I have in my dark heart and let you all cower together at the end," he said.

Applejack's element of harmony glowed brightly. Twilight looked at the element and pulled the door open. To their surprise nothing lashed out. Both Ozrick and Vlad had been unchained as well. Applejack turned back to look at Nightwalker but he was already gone.

Rainbow Dash came around the corner, "Awesome! You got the door open!" she said smiling. Applejack smirked a bit, "Not exactly but we'll go with that sugar cube," she said chuckling. Twilight looked over both men to see how their bodies were holding up. Another surprise to the pony was that both men had been properly healed and left unscathed physically.

Twilight turned, "I could use a little help in here girls!" she said. Rainbow Dash and Applejack came in and lifted the men over their shoulders and started down the hall. Eventually they found Goku and Naruto standing over a pile of debris and defeated Exion.

Twilight and Applejack explained what had happened deep in the dungeon without hesitation. The two men looked concerned as they both looked over the bodies of the men carefully. Eventually the men began to stir surprised to see friendly faces.

Ozrick looked to the ponies then Goku and Naruto, "How did you all get inside?" he asked. Vlad rubbed his head, "I need some pain killers," he said. Twilight explained the events to the men. Both sat wide eyed in disbelief, "Why would he let us go? I mean… He's been so cruel up until this point…. Why the sudden change?" Vlad asked. None of the heroes knew the answers, but what they did know is that they needed to leave… now!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their magic had been greatly depleted and their resources were running low. Noel and Melody ran through the Everfree Forest quickly ducking behind trees as Alyra followed. The corrupted woman was obviously in pain and panicked. Noel peaked over the side of the tree trunk to find the woman heading in the other direction.

Slowly and quietly Noel lead Melody in the other direction. Melody kept looking back and she tripped over a trunk. Melody sent rocks tumbling and Alyras head snapped as she sent a wave of dark matter at the duo.

Noel sang loudly sending out a wave of a bright energy that collided with Alyras attack sending up smoke through the forest. Melody began to slowly crawl away. Noel started to turn but Alyra appeared beside him. Noel started to jump back but Alyra brought her lance across and sent Noel flying into a tree. The sound of bone breaking on the impact could be heard as Noel cried out in pain.

Melody cried out and the forest responded to her call and an eruption of vines and tree trunk began to wrap around Alyra like a cocoon. Melody ran to Noel's side, "Come on we have to keep going," she said as tears filled her eyes.

Noel chuckled softly, "No… You have to go get Silver… I'll stay and hold her off," he said softly. Melody shook her head as a tear fell down her cheek. Noel sighed and began to stand, "I guess it can't be helped… Hanging around you guys brought the hero out of me…" he said.

Noel took a step forward as a magical aura of blue began to surround his body. Alyra swiped her lance aside roasting whatever stuck to her. She pointed he lance at Noel and fired a heavy dark matter wave. Noel cried out to clear a path for Melody to escape but the blast hit fast.

There was a clap of thunder and a bright light. Melody opened her eyes and Noel was no more… Only his necklace he wore remained… Melody crawled to the necklace and picked it up as tears began to fall uncontrollably from her eyes. Alyra stood half naked from the rebound of the blast with her lance pointed down at the pony, "I'm sorry," she said.

Alyra looked up as darkness began to cloud her vision. Her last vision was of the woman's eyes filled with regret and sorrow. The glow of the blast brightened and Melody Note knew no more…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The heroes emerged from the dungeon to find an exhausted duo sitting on a mountain of victory. Debris littered the courtyard as Nightshade and Ninyn stood to greet their friends happily. The ponies returned to their pony forms and continued on. Goku and Naruto helped Ozrick and Vlad walk.

Ninyn sighed, "I…. I thought Nightwalker would've tried to fight us," he said. Nightshade looked around and to the fortress with a grim expression. Ninyn shook his head, "Forget I said anything. Let's get back to the palace," he said.

The heroes began to leave and music began to hum throughout the area. Nightshade and the ponies turned to see a stage rise from the ground and three girls stood smiling with dark aura's surrounding their bodies. The girl with fluffy orange and yellow highlighted hair smiled sinisterly.

The Dazzlings

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

You didn't know that you fell

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Adagio

"Now that you're under our spell

Blindsided by the beat

Clapping your hands, stomping your feet

You didn't know that you fell"

Nightshade's eyes widened with fear as he sent a blast of energy at the girls. Night-walker appeared and deflected the blast. The music echoed and the heroes began to clutch at their ears in pain. Each had been substantially drained from the assault. Nightshade turned and force pushed the heroes away from him as he threw up a barrier around them.

Sonata and Aria

"Oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh"

Adagio Dazzle

"Now you've fallen under our spell"

Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze

Oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh

Nightwalkers scythe appeared in his hand as he swung it down upon Nightshade with brute force. Nightshade drew forth Shiekatsu Ryu and blocked the strike while holding up the barrier with the other hand.

Ninyn ran forward and tried to help but Nightshade had sealed the barrier to keep everyone in. Nightshade knocked Nightwalker back a bit.

The Dazzlings

We've got the music, makes you move it

Got the song that makes you lose it

We say "jump", you say "how high?"

Put your hands up to the sky

We've got the music, makes you move it

Got the song that makes you lose it

We say "jump", you say "how high?"

Put your hands up to the sky

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

You didn't know that you fell

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Now that you're under our spell

Nightshade listened to the lyrics and he paled, *A hypnotic spell! If they control anyone with dark magic all attacks are made dark! Dark that can consume light!* he thought. Night-shade turned, "Get out of here!" he yelled.

Ninyn growled as the music continued, "We can't leave you!" he yelled. Nightshade fended off another strike but Nightwalker summoned another blade and cut deep into Nightshade's arm.

Adagio

Listen to the sound of my voice

Sonata and Aria

Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

Adagio

Soon you'll find you don't have a choice

Sonata and Aria

Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

Adagio

Captured in the web of my song

Sonata and Aria

Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

Nightshade cried out in pain as his eyes turned violet, "You may have your sentient king abilities to keep you free of the spell but you can't keep this up Gallant," Nightwalker said. With another strike Nightwalker cut into Nightshade's arm disarming him. Nightshade bled and groaned in pain but he held on.

Adagio

Soon you'll all be singing along

Sonata and Aria

Oh, whoa, oh

The Dazzlings

We've got the music, makes you move it

Got the song that makes you lose it

We say "jump", you say "how high?"

Put your hands up to the sky

We've got the music, makes you move it

Got the song that makes you lose it

We say "jump", you say "how high?"

Put your hands up to the sky

Nightshade wailed as Nightwalker knocked the sentient king mode out with a blast of negative energy to the gut. The music circled into Nightshade's mind. Ninyn and Goku cried out pounding on the barrier. Nightshade's will kept the barrier alive but soon a dark aura surrounded the warrior.

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Now that you're under our spell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
You didn't know that you fell
Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Now that you're under our

Adagio

Spell… Mwahahahahaha!"

The barrier died as the song faded and Nightshade rose. A sinister smile broke out over Nightwalkers face as he eyed the remaining heroes. The remaining light in Nightshade's eyes reflected in Ninyn's as he turned to the heroes and croaked, "Run….." he said as he roared into the sky sending up a spiraling energy pillar of negative energy.

The ponies began to run with Orick, Vlad and Naruto in tow. Goku and Ninyn powered up ready to stall. A sinister smile crept onto Nightshade's face and negative energy radiated from his eyes. The Gallant could not be seen… Only the fear that both heroes felt having to fight their greatest ally… and opponent.

Author's Note:

The hardest struggle the heroes have to face. Their greatest ally. Hope you enjoyed it. It's sloppy i guess. Tell me what your thoughts are. Yadayadayada. Lol. Till the next chapter! ~Ninyn