• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 395 Views, 33 Comments

Heroes Of The Realms - Ninyn



Sequel to Heroes Of Equestria and far side story to Realms Unite. In this story you will encounter not only new pony characters but other worldly characters as well.

  • ...
5
 33
 395

Chapter 8 Something Wicked, Something Pure

Star Bright sat in the courtyard of the palace with a grim look. Ozrick and Vladimir hadn't returned from their trip to the shadow realm in days…. Odion came from around the corner and sat next to her and rubbed her shoulders.

Star Bright moaned and relaxed feeling Odions touch, "You always know how to calm me down dear," she said leaning into his hand motions. Odion smiled and continued to move his hands over the knots in her back.

"I'm quite sure those two will return soon enough," Odion said pulling Star Bright into a hug. Star Bright felt tears sting her eyes. She couldn't stand to lose more allies… Or friends for the matter….

Star Bright thought about Gidget and the state she was in from seeing Night Glade's death. Her thoughts turned to Nightshade who's entire devotion was to protecting the realms…. Star Bright closed her eyes trying to focus hard on whatever light there may be in this time of need…..

Star Bright's eyes popped open, "Light…." She said. Odion looked at her with a wary eye. Star Bright stood up and paced the court yard with Odion in tow. Odion scowled as he watched Star Bright circle the yard trying to concentrate on her thought.

"You know we can just go into a dark room and get a light," Odion called. Star Bright turned and listened closely to Odion's words. Odion froze and raised an eyebrow. Star Bright smiled wide and shrieked as she started for the Palace knocking Odion over.

Odion rubbed his head and turned to where Star had started running obviously confused by her outburst of glee. Star Bright had disappeared into one of the mirrors leaving Odion quite frustrated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightwalker entered through the mirror in Twilight Sparkles castle unseen by any guards or other ponies. The mirror seemed to want to reject his passage but he managed to make it to the other realm. In the other realm Nightwalker could see the different people and how they resembled there pony selves in Equestria.

Nightwalker chuckled darkly and continued his way from Canterlot high to down town Equestria. People didn’t seem bothered by his presence which bothered him quite a bit. Night-walker saw the mane 6 humanized (minus twilight) and smiled as he watched them enter sugar cube corner.

"It seems there are other capabilities to this realm…. Magic here is rather unstable for my liking… I must find those creatures before the ponies do," Nightwalker growled. Along his walk through the towns Nightwalker slipped between buildings.

At last Nightwalker came to an abandoned building where three girls lay next to each other all tired and alone. Nightwalker stood on the side eyeing them hungrily but put his hunger aside.

One girl with blue hair sat up and sighed sadly, "Adagio come on…. There must be something we can do!" she complained. The girl with long puffy orange and yellow hair growled, "I wish we could Sonata but we still have no magic!!" she yelled.

The third girl with pig tails groaned, "You two are so unbearable," she said. Sonata and Adagio turned and glared at Aria, "Well what is you plan huh Aria?!" Sonata said. Aria turned and looked like she was ready to slap Sonata but Nightwalker ran forward and caught her arm.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that deary. I have a proposition for you three," Nightwalker said. The girls all backed away from him a little cowering. Nightwalker rolled his eyes, "If I was going to hurt you I would've done it already!" he yelled.

The girls cringed at his temper. Nightwalker sighed, "I can give you back your magic instantaneously. All you have to do is come with me," he said. The girls all looked at each other and back at Nightwalker in fear.

"How do you know about our magic?" Adagio asked.

Nightwalker smiled, "I come from another realm. A realm very similar to Equestria. I come the realm of shadows. I am gathering all of the darkest entities of the realms to take control of the realms. Chaos will envelope every realm. You will never have to go hungry again!" he said.

Adagio glared at him ready to retort. The demon rolled his eyes and sent a wave of dark energy into Sonata. Sonata's hair got longer, she gained wings and her ears turned into pony ears! Aria and Adagio both stared, mouths agape in astonishment.

Adagio quickly turned and picked Nightwalker up by his collar, "Give us our magic back…. NOW!" she growled. Nightwalker laughed and easily pushed her back and started flying into the air. Sonata started laughing and flew into the air circling Nightwalker like a fan girl.

Nightwalker glared down at the two girls, "I'll give you back your magic with enhanced abilities IF and only if…." He paused letting their greed seep in, "Only if you follow my orders from here on out!" he said.

Adagio and Aria watched Sonata fly around in the air and noticed the black streak in her hair and smiled, "We'll do what you say…. As long as we get Equestria," Adagio said. Night-walker looked the girls up and down then he looked to Sonata, *All in due time…* he thought.

"Very well… I believe you…. But I'll be keeping my eye on all of you," Nightwalker said with a dark tone. Adagio and Aria smiled viciously as Nightwalker grabbed their hands. Dark energy flowed into their bodies and their hair gained black streaks like Sonata's.

The girls and cheered and smiled with greed, "This is the end of all creation!" Adagio yelled. Nightwalker bent a finger and slammed the girls into the ground. The girls all looked up in fear. Nightwalker smiled evilly taking in the fear they radiated.

"We will be returning to my realm until you're needed. You will practice your songs of hypnotism. I have other things to procure," Nightwalker said opening a portal. The girls all stood and looked at each other and nod as they follow Nightwalker through the portal.

After exiting the portal the girls noticed the castle and the courtyard full of statues of dark creatures. Nightwalker kept walking towards the castle. Sonata approached one of the statues and tried touching it. The statue came to life and tried to snap at her. Nightwalker turned and one of his tendrils pierced through the statue freezing it once more.

"Don't touch anything," Nightwalker growled. The girls all put their hands down and followed the dark one. Nightwalker rubbed his head trying to get a grip on his emotions and thinking about future goals.

"I shall return quite soon… I expect you to have practiced to your fullest by the time I return!" Nightwalker growled as he showed them their room. With another slash through the air Nightwalker vanished through yet another portal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightwalker appeared back in the Syraic Realm on a frozen tundra and sighed, "Not much has changed since that battle I can see," he said with a sigh. A large battle had taken place here many years ago….

Nightwalker remembered the battle quite thoroughly… The ice shard…. Nightwalker clutched at his shoulder and looked to a massive crater that was untouched by the snow… A broken blade sat at the bottom of the crater.

Nightwalker slid down the side of the crater and pulled the sword out, "Such a pity that Bane had no true control over the Exion back then… I suppose it was for the best however… If it wasn't for that event I never would have made it this far…" he said filling the blade with his dark power.

The wind began to whip through the air violently. The clouds turned darker and lightning struck the land around the crater. The sword in Nightwalkers grasp floated in the air and a slim figure began to form from it.

The body of a man began to slowly take shape before Nightwalker as a sinister smile crept along his face. The man was severely injured and seemed to be missing two out of four arms… Nightwalker pushed the man down and quickly began to heal him with his own dark energy.

With a wave of his hand Nightwalker created a mask over the man's face. A short while afterwards Nightwalker picked up the man and brought him to his room. The man was out for several more hours. The girls were obviously busy practicing with their new found strength.

Nightwalker was meditating in a corner as the man's eyes fluttered open. Nightwalker smiled, "I see that you've regained consciousness… I was beginning to think I would have to reanimate your corpse into another being," he said.

The man began to stand but stumbled while trying to look around, "I remember something… I was burning… The pain was unbearable…" he said. Nightwalker stood and forced the man to sit back down.

"That’s what it feels like to be resurrected… Star Stream Canon is quite an attack… To think that even a sliver of your existence remained was astounding…" Nightwalker said feeling the burn in his eyes.

The man sighed and felt the mask on his face, "Is this necessary?" he asked. Nightwalker stood and rubbed his eyes trying to free himself from the pain. The man growled darkly, "Revan The Gallant…. I will have my revenge…" he said.

Nightwalker smiled at the name, "That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time my acquaintance…. Anru Exion is your name I recall… Torture master of The Pit… You have been brought back to fight for me… I am Nightwalker… The new master of the Exion. Awkright is no more and Roark Lindrake has been destroyed," he said.

Anru growled and a blade formed in his hand. Nightwalker turned and eyed the Exion closely. Anru roared and rose to attack Nightwalker. Nightwalker held out his arm and his tendrils lashed out and wrapped around Anru's appendages.

Acidic slime burned slowly at the Exions naked body, "You… WILL SERVE ME!" Nightwalker yelled as he slammed Anru into the ground. Anru tried to rise but his body was still trying to regain all of its sense's from resurrection.

Nightwalker picked Anru up by his throat, "You will serve me… You will obey me… You will aid in the destruction of the realms… Then you will have your revenge…" he snarled. Anru passed out from the shock. Nightwalker shook his head.

"Time is of the essence…" Nightwalker said as he looked out over his castle where many Exion fought and trained. The fortress walls were being rebuilt…. And far underground cries of Nightwalkers prisoners could be heard wailing in agony… War was coming… And Nightwalker was ready… "No light can be found… Only shadows remain…" Nightwalker breathed as he headed for the sirens chambers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many days after Star Bright's departure Odion and Thyme were busy discussing disposal of the old portal frames. The portal to the Syraic Realm began to glow… Odion and Thyme both turned to see Star Bright step through.

"Well… Looks like you had an adventure," Thyme said smiling. Star Bright sighed heavily and was breathing heavily. The portal began to shine again and a boy about 6'2, with messy black hair, hazel colored eyes and a sword at his back stepped through the portal.

"I'm a little lost on some of the details here…" The boy said. Odions eyes widened as he looked from Star Bright to the boy standing before him. The boy had that same cocky smile but his aura was stronger… And Brighter…

"I know there are some things that have been left out… But I know that bro needs my help…" The boy said and smiled wide, "I'm Ninyn Yamanakou. The Mighty Ninyn and The Champion of Light at your service!"

Author's Note:

Things are about to get really interesting!